Reply: Call no man father

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Elizabeth doesn't call Mary a tree. She said Jesus was the fruit of the womb. Nothing more, nothing less. Your attempt to make the righteousness of Christ dependant upon the righteousness of Mary is Antichrist.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He isn't fruit at all. He's the Vine, the source of all things. Not Mary.
That’s true but she is his mother and he is our salvation hence mother of our salvation
Found favor with God Lk 1:30

Queen Esther is a type of Mary and she saved her people too

Queen Esther
Fair Esther 2:7
Mary all fair Song of Solomon 4:12
Found Favor Esther 2:17
Mary found favor with God Lk 1:30
Esther saves her people interceding with the king
Mary provides the savior of the world!
Lk 2:10-11

2 Tim 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

2 Tim 2: 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. How much more Mary who was prepared by God thru the immaculate conception! Lk 1:49

Heb 2:7

Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands

Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can charity cover sins?
Here is your Biblical answer to your question regarding love covering sin.

1-Gods unconditional love. How many times do we sin against God and He forgives us our transgressions against Him? Psalm 103:12- He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west. Isaiah 43:25- I, yes I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake and remembers your sins no more.

2- Love is the #1-character trait of a believer. The fruit of the spirit is Love from which all the fruit of the spirit flows. 1 Corinthians 13:2-7 describes love in action.

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

3- Husbands are to love their wives as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her. Ephesians 5:25.There are no conditions Jesus places on His bride. Jesus doesn’t hold her sins and unfaithfulness against her. He covers her sin, forgives and protects her.

4- Loving those who love you is not Gods love that is human love. Jesus said in Luke 6:32-33 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. And indeed, if you do good to those doing good to you, what credit is it to you? For even sinners do the same. Luke 6:35- But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

1 John 4:20- If anyone says, "I love God," but hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

miseó: to hate

Original Word: μισέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: miseó
Phonetic Spelling: (mis-eh'-o)
Definition: to hate
Usage: I hate, detest, love less, esteem less. properly, to detest (on a comparative basis); hence, denounce; to love someone or something less than someone (something) else, i.e. to renounce one choice in favor of another.

5- Love covers a multitude of sins, it doesn’t expose sin.

1 Peter 4:8- Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins.

Proverbs 10:12- Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers all transgressions.

Proverbs 16:28- A perverse man spreads dissension, and a gossip divides close friends.

Proverbs 17:9- Whoever would foster love covers over an offense, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends.

hope this helps !!!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here I will help you out....

A new commandment I give you
call no man your father if God is your Father.

Now you may live in your excuses and be in truth.
That's NOT what Jesus said.
You have taken what HE said out of its proper context and created your own context.

Why are you afraid to leave it in its original context?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Elizabeth doesn't call Mary a tree. She said Jesus was the fruit of the womb. Nothing more, nothing less. Your attempt to make the righteousness of Christ dependant upon the righteousness of Mary is Antichrist.
That's FALSE.
Elizabeth calls Mary the "mother of my Lord" (Luke 1:43) - echoing David's exclamation about the Ark of the Covenant:

OT - "Who am I that the Ark of my Lord should come to me?" (2 Sam. 6:9)

NT - "Who am I that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" (Luke 1:43)

She in effect called Mary the mother of GOD.
You think you cn STILL make that claim with a straight face?