Rest In Your Residency

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because one, keeping it in the Spirit leads to life through the finished works of Christ, the other, the letter of the law, is of the flesh and of ones own works which leads to condemnation by the law which one is trying to keep. But even that of itself does not stop one sinning which is teh flesh.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
mjrhealth said:
Because one, keeping it in the Spirit leads to life through the finished works of Christ, the other, the letter of the law, is of the flesh and of ones own works which leads to condemnation by the law which one is trying to keep. But even that of itself does not stop one sinning which is teh flesh.
Do you understand what you are saying? I think you don't.....
Sin is transgression of God's law according to Apostle John in 1st John....SIN....do you think you have God's Holy Spirit if you continue to sin?
Better check what spirit you actually have in you!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you understand what you are saying? I think you don't.....
Sin is transgression of God's law according to Apostle John in 1st John....SIN....do you think you have God's Holy Spirit if you continue to sin?
Better check what spirit you actually have in you!
One day whe nyou stand before Christ you will understand, but as long as you reject teh truth for your own wisdom you will remain blind.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
mjrhealth said:
One day whe nyou stand before Christ you will understand, but as long as you reject teh truth for your own wisdom you will remain blind.
Do you know what truth is? Obviously not....Jesus said "God's word is truth" John 17.....
Try following God's word and even you can learn the truth.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you know what truth is? Obviously not....Jesus said "God's word is truth" John 17.....
Try following God's word and even you can learn the truth.
YEs Jesus is the truth and in Him there is no lie. Its in your bible.

i am the way the truth and teh Life says the Lord...

Jesus does not live in teh bible...

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
mjrhealth said:

If you do not believe and follow His words in the Bible how do you expect His grace and mercy? Maybe you think your "good works" will do it for you?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you do not believe and follow His words in the Bible how do you expect His grace and mercy? Maybe you think your "good works" will do it for you?
I follow Christ not the bible, the bible has saved no man.

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

Your life is in Christ Jesus, you will not find it where else

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
mjrhealth said:
I follow Christ not the bible, the bible has saved no man.

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

Your life is in Christ Jesus, you will not find it where else
That figures...you think you follow Jesus, but do not follow His words in the Bible.....matthew 15.8...Jesus said "you honour me with your lips but your heart is far from me"....following Jesus is more than speaking vain words, it is also "walking the walk"...refer also to John 14.15 Jesus said "if you love me keep my Commandments', and also in Matthew 19.17 Jesus said"to enter into life keep the Commandments" and He goes on to identify these as the Ten commandments....

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
refer also to John 14.15 Jesus said "if you love me keep my Commandments', and also in Matthew 19.1
But you dont, you walk after the flesh, its all about you, The commanments killed even Christ when he took our Sin upon Himself, what hope do you have trying to perfect yourself, You are trying to make yourself righteous though the letter of teh law, we become the righteousness of christ when we accept His wprks and stop doing our own. And that is how even now we can visit God..

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
mjrhealth said:
But you dont, you walk after the flesh, its all about you, The commanments killed even Christ when he took our Sin upon Himself, what hope do you have trying to perfect yourself, You are trying to make yourself righteous though the letter of teh law, we become the righteousness of christ when we accept His wprks and stop doing our own. And that is how even now we can visit God..\
Provide scriptural evidence please....oh thats right you said you don't believe in the words of God....interesting theories you are dwelling upon.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
.oh thats right you said you don't believe in the words of God.
Now lets not play foolish games HTE, if you speak of teh bible than call it so, when you speak of Gods word we refer to, guess what Gods word, now even the bible declares that Jesus is Gods word come in the flesh, teh bible is not Jesus neither is it Gods word for it did not proceed out of His mouth, if it was you and all christianity would be walking in the truth, and teh fact no one will respond to your posts for they know that our salvation is grace by faith alone, through the works of Christ not our own and you insist on adding works to a free gift making if of none efffect. Christianity is about Christ if it was about the bible it would have being called biblianity, and the bible would save, yet it cannot will not and only confuses men, thats why we have christian forums, people arguing over teh bible, if it where God word there would be nothing to argue about, even a 2 year old child can understand that.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Am I correct in assuming that you killed no one today? If I am correct, then you are guilty of keeping the "letter of the law" which you say leads to condemnation, so you'd better get out a machete or an Uzi and get busy so that you can get out from under that condemnation. Seriously, is Critical Thinking something that is not allowed in today's Churchianity?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:

"Thou art near, O Lord, and all Thy COMMANDMENTS are truth." Psalm 119:151 KJV
"Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness and Thy LAW is the truth." Psalm 119:142 KJV

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
the bible has saved no man.
"And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus." 2 Timothy 3:15

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Am I correct in assuming that you killed no one today? If I am correct, then you are guilty of keeping the "letter of the law" which you say leads to condemnation, so you'd better get out a machete or an Uzi and get busy so that you can get out from under that condemnation. Seriously, is Critical Thinking something that is not allowed in today's Churchianity?
Out of the heart is what a man speaks, Is that really what you want to do, murder people. There is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus and who walk after the spirit, so why are you feeling so condemned, teh flesh proffits nothing its the Spirit that brings life, The words that I speak they are Spirit and they are life.

He has so much to give you but you reject it all for your flesh.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus." 2 Timothy 3:15
And yet here you are adding works to grace....

And how are we saved,

Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The bible has saved no man, it is by Christs works alone we are saved.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Out of the heart is what a man speaks, Is that really what you want to do, murder people. There is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus and who walk after the spirit, so why are you feeling so condemned, teh flesh proffits nothing its the Spirit that brings life, The words that I speak they are Spirit and they are life.

He has so much to give you but you reject it all for your flesh.
Hey, it was you who claimed that keeping the letter of the law leads to condemnation. I'm merely trying to help you. According to your interpretation of Paul's words, each day you go without murdering someone is a day you fall under condemnation for keeping the letter of the law which says "thou shalt not kill". So, either get busy killing people or get busy changing your asinine interpretation. Maybe I can help you:

Paul's claim that the "letter killeth but the Spirit maketh alive" has to do with MOTIVES for obedience, not the NECESSITY of obedience. If your motive for obedience is your love for Jesus, then you will wind up safely in heaven, but if your motive for obedience is to earn salvation, then you will wind up dead in a dead-in religion. You antinomialists have been twisting Paul's words here for too long, attempting to make him teach that obedience is bad and disobedience is good. "Woe unto them that put light for darkness and darkness for light".

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
And yet here you are adding works to grace....

And how are we saved,

Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The bible has saved no man, it is by Christs works alone we are saved.
How many people have you actually heard say, "I will EARN my salvation with works"???? I'd bet an entire year's salary you've never heard anyone say that ONCE.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Phoneman777 said:
How many people have you actually heard say, "I will EARN my salvation with works"???? I'd bet an entire year's salary you've never heard anyone say that ONCE.
Isn't that what you're doing, keeping yourself out of hell? You don't even know what you preach.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You said it right here

or keeping the letter of the law which says "thou shalt not kill". So, either get busy killing people or get busy changing your asinine interpretation. Maybe I can help you:
Have you not read

1Ti_1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

or this

Rom_8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Or this

Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

So who are the righteouss

Rom_4:6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

Rom_4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Rom_4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

So, either get busy killing people or get busy changing your asinine interpretation. Maybe I can help you:
So did you get mad and wish to kill me in your thoughts, that is akin to murder in teh eyes of teh law, and if so have condemned yourself, such is the law.

Do you not understand the law has saved no man, Remeber David who loved teh law, did it save Him or Moses who brought the law to the people, did the law save Him, how about our saviour was well in Good til he became sin than the law Slew Him just like everyone else and it wasnt even His sin it was ours, such is the law,.

We have laws in this country even yours, many which I would not know, do we all go deliberatly go breaking them, do you?? Why not because we need no law to do Good, that is why the law was introduced to show the evil that they where evil yet it does not stop them from doing eveil.

Again

Rom_7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

Thats what teh law does,

So if you wish to kep it in your own strength fine, but do not lay that burden upon others,

Act_15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

For it is not about what "you" can do but about what He, Jesus, has already done.