Resurrection

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the simple reason that His resurrected and glorified body carries the marks of His crucifixion for eternity. That is a powerful truth. Had He or the Father chosen to obliterate those marks, that would have been very simple. But that was not a divine decision.

...and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain... (Rev 5:6)

And it is also written, "Look! I'm making everything new!"

Perhaps a new creation without the hint or stain of sin?

Much love!
Mark

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And it is also written, "Look! I'm making everything new!" Perhaps a new creation without the hint or stain of sin?
It is the heretical Gnostics who promoted the idea that the body is evil. But the resurrected, perfected, immortal, glorified saints will have sinless bodies for eternity (including the New Heavens and the New Earth) -- just like Christ. That is the significance of the Resurrection/Rapture (which most Christians are clueless about since this truth is not being taught as it should).

Christ presently has His resurrected glorified body in Heaven (with those marks of the cross) and He wants all His saints to resemble Him -- body, soul, and spirit (mentally, physically, morally, spiritually). So kindly take note of this passage (1 John 3:1-3):

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Reactions: marks

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Not relevant. The relevant question is: What body did Christ have when He ascended to Heaven?

He was transfigured,even His flesh and blood body could not enter Heaven...

He took on flesh to come dwell with us,in other words to show He didn't ask anything of us that He wouldn't do,that was the ultimate!!

Matthew 17:1 "And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,"

Jesus is separating these three disciples from the rest of the disciples. This is what you might call a secret mission. It is a documentation of what it will be like at the Second Advent, or coming of Jesus Christ. It has to do with Christ's second coming.

Matthew 17:2 "And was transfigured before them: and His face did shine as the sun, and His raiment was white as the light."

Jesus Christ's transfiguration let these three disciples know that through the resurrection the flesh body will be transfigured, rather then left. These three have witnessed before the fact that Christ's body will be transfigured. Meaning that the flesh shall not be left behind, whereby the unbelievers could say, He didn't go anywhere. There is the flesh.

Every time a person dies there is an immediate removal of the soul back to the Heavenly Father, and the flesh is left to rot. The unbeliever simply can't understand that because the body is laying there on the slab. The persons beautiful spiritual body returns to God that gave it.

In this case, there had to be a transfiguration to stop the talk, and have witnesses to the fact, so no one could deny that He arose.

Matthew 17:3 "And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with Him."

Many teach that these two men that were with Christ have been in the grave for quite some time. All souls, including Satan himself, are with God at this time awaiting judgment, or awaiting to be taught in the millennium age. Satan's evil spirit is on earth, but he is the accuser before the throne in heaven. Revelation 12:7-9 tells us that this is a war that will take place, and that war will end with Michael and his angels casting Satan and his angels to the earth. When Satan comes it will mark the end of this earth age, with the great deception of the tribulation.

Why would Jesus appear with Moses and Elias? Moses was the law giver. The law that God gave mankind for the sake of living with one another on earth. It was the yardstick to show man that he was not perfect. When Christ dies on the cross, it will pay the price for man's transgressing of the law.

These two, Moses and Elias [Elijah] were mentioned in the last three verses in the Old Testament.

Malachi 4:4-6; "Remember ye the law of Moses My servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments. [4] Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:" [5] And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse." [6]

Moses stood for the law, and his presence represents those to be raised from the dead. This will occur when Christ is resurrected and brings the souls along with Him to heaven.

Christ's transfigured body was symbolic of that Second Advent. What Jesus is saying to the disciples is that this is the First Advent, these events with Moses and Elijah present do not take place until the end of the sixth dispensation. That is when the hearts of the fathers are turned the children, and the children to the fathers. The "fathers", two of them are Jesus Christ and Satan, and the time is called the Great Tribulation [Deception]. Jesus Christ is the Father of His own, and Satan is the father of his own seed, the Kenites.

So these disciples watched as these three stood in their supernatural bodies, showing that Christ was supernatural. This shows the body that Christ would posses after the crucifixion, and after the tomb. Jesus allowed this time of the transfiguration to happen, so people would not run around saying that Christ did not rise from the tomb. He did it in this manner to where there would be no doubt to where His body was. It was changed.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Pre-existence of the soul and subsequent incarnation of all people, and denial of our physical resurrection.

I don't have anything else to say.

Much love!
Mark

All good,just curious you think you were created at conception,if so ,riddle me this .Why did God hate Esau before he was even born?

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
One thing ,really important thing in all of this ,is the fact that we are in a different dimension ,example from below

II Kings 6:15 "And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, and host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, "Alas, my master! how shall we do?"

When Elisha's servant had gotten up early to tend to his duties, he went out and in amazement there was this massive army. Imagine living in a small town and waking up in the morning to see a massive enemy army of tanks completely surrounding your town. The servant went back into the house, and asked his master, What are we going to do now?

There is a lesson in this, and that is that there are many things of danger around us that we will never know about until it is to late. However, when we are in God's protection, He makes the provisions necessary to take care of those things and protect us. When it seems that the things that are going on around us become hard to understand, rest assured that God is fully aware of them, and he will take the steps for our protection. You are never alone when you are in the hand of God. This appeared to be a hopeless situation, yet God will turn it into a hopeless situation for the enemy. Prophets and Christians have all sorts of weapons, when we allow God to do our fighting for us.

II Kings 6:16 "And he answered, "Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them."

When things appear to be very bad, a real prophet would say, fear not. In the flesh it may appear that the enemy has you out-numbered, however with God on our side we will always out-number any enemy force.

II Kings 6:17 "And Elisha prayed, and said, "Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see." And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha."

There were vehicles of fire that this young man saw, and he had never seen such a thing in his life; and the mountain side was full of them. This servant of Elisha had no fear when he was allowed to see into the realm of God's protection. This was in a dimension that no man could see with his eyes of the flesh body, but when his spiritual eyes were opened, the hosts of heaven were everywhere. God was thee and ready to protect his prophets. There are people that can see spiritual things that God does not intend for others to see and understand.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All good,just curious you think you were created at conception,if so ,riddle me this .Why did God hate Esau before he was even born?

Because God knew him before he was born. But God also choose Jacob before either were born. And when you consider "hate" with God, I'd have to say it's as much an action as feelings word. Look at Malachi, Esau I hated, they may build, but I will tear down, and they will be known as the people with whom God is angry forever!

Just like we will be known forever as the blessed recipients of God's kindness and grace!

Much love!
Mark

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Because God knew him before he was born. But God also choose Jacob before either were born. And when you consider "hate" with God, I'd have to say it's as much an action as feelings word. Look at Malachi, Esau I hated, they may build, but I will tear down, and they will be known as the people with whom God is angry forever!

Just like we will be known forever as the blessed recipients of God's kindness and grace!

Much love!
Mark

Knew that was the answer I would get.Please don't take this next statement wrong,if God knows who would chose Him ,what's the point of this age?

Now back to how God knew him(Esau)

God hated Esau because of something he did

Romans 9:11 "(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of Him That calleth;"

Then when the twins, Jacob and Esau were still in their mother's womb, neither having had the chance of doing either good or evil, God called one of those unborn babies to service. This deals with the election according to the purpose of God in His Will. The reason was to accomplish the writings of these Scriptures. It wasn't an accident that Jacob was loved and Esau was hated, nor was it an accident that you saw the light and repented. God has His hand on all creation and all of His children. God intercedes in the lives of His children, and there are no accidents when it comes to the actions of God.

Romans 9:13 "As it is written "Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated."

It was written by the Prophet Malachi in Malachi 1:2, 3; "I have loved you, saith the Lord Yet ye say, `Wherein hast Thou loved us?' Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the Lord: yet I loved Jacob," "And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains [nations] and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness."

While Esau was a small embryo in his mother Rebecca's womb, God hated Esau. If it sounds a little bit unfair, then you missed the point of the entire eighth chapter where God stipulated where He foreknew those that overcame at Satan's rebellion in the first earth age. Don't you think that God is judge enough to know who to hate and who to love.

Esau had some very bad habits and one of those actions was to show disrespect for the heritage that God had given him. First of all Esau married out of His race of people, which God forbid. This made it impossible for Christ to be born through Esau because of the mixture and corruption of Esau's bloodline. Secondly Esau placed the value of the Abrahamic covenant at one bowl of red mush, what an insult. Esau put no value on the heritage of God, or any part of God's Word and promises. Esau did not wish to be an heir of our Heavenly Father.

If God knew all that would choose Him,why didn't He kill satan and all those that followed him(satan)at that time?

Now let's deal with this word (know)for that we go to Jeremiah

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed thee in the belly I know thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."

Before Jeremiah was even concieved within his mothers womb, God is telling Jeremiah that He knew him, and before Jeremiah was born, God sanctified him, which is to set Jeremiah apart for God's mission. God ordained Jeremiah as a prophet, not only to Judah, by to the nations also. When we see the word "Nations" it is directed to the Gentile nations also. Jeremiah was a prophet to all nations.

Again (IMHO)if God knew, for example satan would turn against Him,why did He create him?I don't have the mind of God so please don't accuse me of that either.But that would be cruel,and I know my Father is not

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
If you know for a fact that Christ rose from the dead, then you agree that Christ arose bodily. Flesh, bone, Spirit.

The Son did not have a human body prior to the incarnation.

Stranger

Where did I say "human"body?

You didn't have a human body either.

The only reason you have one now is because the sin of satan,lucifer at that time!!!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
For the simple reason that His resurrected and glorified body carries the marks of His crucifixion for eternity. That is a powerful truth. Had He or the Father chosen to obliterate those marks, that would have been very simple. But that was not a divine decision.

Where may I ask did you get that from?

Christ body had to rise to show that we don't stay dead.

Mark 9:2 "And after six days Jesus taketh with Him Peter, James, and John, and leadeth them up inot an high mountain apart by themselves: and He was transfigured before them."

"Transfigured" means that Jesus flesh body was changed by divine intervention into his spiritual body, but left in a dimension that Peter, James and John could see and witness. So why would Jesus say, "after six days", of what purpose is the six days? Peter gave us the clue in II Peter 3:8; "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

At the end of the sixth day, in the eyes of God, the Millennium shall begin. The Millennium age is know as the seventh day, the day of rest, and all souls will not be in flesh bodies. At that time we will all be transformed from these flesh corruptible bodies, into our incorruptible bodies, that same spiritual body. The flesh will be put off, and changed, transformed into transfigured bodies. Remember I Corinthians 15:52?

I Corinthians 15:51 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,"

"Sleep" as stated here comes from the Greek prime #2837 in Strong's Greek dictionary. "Koimao, to put to sleep, to to decease, to be dead." This is not talking about sleeping to gain rest, but when the soul leaves this flesh body, and it returns to dust at death. Paul is saying that at time is coming when all people on the face of this earth will not die, but be change into their incorruptible bodies that shall not age. This form of body is the same as Peter, James and John saw on that mount of transfiguration, when they viewed Jesus body change, and in the presence of Moses and Elijah.

I Corinthians 15:52 "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall souund, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

At the sounding of the seventh and last trumpet the people living in their flesh bodies here on this earth are not going anywhere. They will all stay right here on earth, and heaven will be sealed for the next thousand years. However, all flesh will be gone, and all souls, good and bad will be in their incorruptible, spiritual bodies, just as Peter, James and John witness here in Mark 9:2. Christ is allowing these three men to witness exactly what He was speaking of in verse one. When they had seen the transfiguration, they had come real close to witnessing not only what takes place at His resurrection, but what will take place at the close of this age of the flesh when the seventh trumpet sounds.

This demonstrated why Christ's flesh body would not be left on this earth, whereby mankind could say or think that Jesus did not come out of the tomb alive. If Jesus' physical body was left behind, men would reject the resurrection, and point to that dead carcass as proof that He did not come out of the tomb. Jesus did not need to take away the flesh body to defeat death, because that is how it is with all of the dead. Their bodies go back to the dust of the earth, while their soul body returns to the Father that gave it at conception.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did I say "human"body?

You didn't have a human body either.

The only reason you have one now is because the sin of satan,lucifer at that time!!!

What kind of body did Adam and Eve have?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
n2thelight

See (John 20:27). The same body Jesus had when He walked this earth, was the one resurrected.

Stranger

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it sounds a little bit unfair, then you missed the point of the entire eighth chapter where God stipulated where He foreknew those that overcame at Satan's rebellion in the first earth age.

You're going to have to fill me in a little better on this part. I can't remember reading this in the Bible. Can you point me to where I can read about this?

Much love!
Mark

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
and point me to someone who can read it with one eye if you would, ty
Not sure who you mean by "we" here, but imo history is not going to be kind to US I bet

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again (IMHO)if God knew, for example satan would turn against Him,why did He create him?I don't have the mind of God so please don't accuse me of that either.But that would be cruel,and I know my Father is not

Of course, God did create the being who became the one we know as Satan, the Adversary. We could ask just the same why did God create a being who could turn against Him?

God must have known what Satan would do. God could have prevented it from happening. God could have made man unable to sin. I believe that in our resurrection, we will be unabe to sin. Asking why, what are the reasons for what our God does, our God who has already told us we would not understand.

With all gentleness, and if I understand your ideas correctly, does not your solution simply push the problem away to an earlier generation?

If God hated Esau the Zygote it was because of what Esau the Pre-existent had done against God.

Either God must have been ignorant about what His creation was going to do, or God knowingly created Proto-Esau, knowing all the while that this one would be profane.

Thoughts?

Much love!
Mark

Reactions: bbyrd009

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and point me to someone who can read it with one eye if you would, ty

Not sure who you mean by "we" here, but imo history is not going to be kind to US I bet

God's children.

And so far as I can tell history is often unkind.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then you're agreeing that "we" might not be known that way at all?
Or something else? Ty

I'm thinking of Ephesians 2, that in the ages to come, the riches of God's grace will be seen through His kindness towards us in Jesus.

Much love!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Ok. Guess it depends upon who we might be known of maybe
Paul is saying that at time is coming when all people on the face of this earth will not die, but be change into their incorruptible bodies that shall not age
prolly not, ok, not bad stuff though imo;
Esau is hard to decipher I guess.
But there is only One Immortal, right