Resurrection

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most likely, yes.
You very well are aware NIV is the king of Dynamic Equivalent.

And you do realize there is no such thing as a word for word translation. Every Bible is dynamic in varying degrees.

Paraphrases are nonstarters serious Bible student.

The KJV loaded with errors and is written in archaic 1769 English. It is not the1611.

Top linguists rate the NASB and NIV purest translations. Not perfect as there's no such thing as a perfect translation.

So what version do you use.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
And you do realize there is no such thing as a word for word translation. Every Bible is dynamic in varying degrees.

Paraphrases are nonstarters serious Bible student.

The KJV loaded with errors and is written in archaic 1769 English. It is not the1611.

Top linguists rate the NASB and NIV purest translations. Not perfect as there's no such thing as a perfect translation.
OK OK ... we all realize the NIV was explicitly MEANT to be 'dynamic', viz. let you hear the Word of God as if you hear your own voice, whereas the KJ was explicitly MEANT to be 'God's Word', viz. meant to let you hear the Word of God, not your own. I'm not talking about accidental mistakes; I'm referring to DELIBERATE CORRUPTIONS WITH THE VIEW TO be 'dynamic equivalent' and be so far from equivalent of God's Word as the devil's lies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acolyte

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK OK ... we all realize the NIV was explicitly MEANT to be 'dynamic', viz. let you hear the Word of God as if you hear your own voice, whereas the KJ was explicitly MEANT to be 'God's Word', viz. meant to let you hear the Word of God, not your own. I'm not talking about accidental mistakes; I'm referring to DELIBERATE CORRUPTIONS WITH THE VIEW TO the 'dynamic equivalent' so far from equivalent as God's Word of the devil's lies.

Who says the KJV is what you claim?

It is loaded with errors, such as Easter. A deliberate error among many errors.

It is 1759 English.

Meanings of words change over time.

I repeat, there is no such thing as a word for word translation. It is impossible.

The KJV was explicitly written to satisfy the King and to preserve many Catholic errors introduced into the textus receptus by its Catholic priest author.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Who says the KJV is what you claim?

It is loaded with errors, such as Easter. A deliberate error among many errors.

It is 1759 English.

Meanings of words change over time.

I repeat, there is no such thing as a word for word translation. It is impossible.

The KJV was explicitly written to satisfy the King and to preserve many Catholic errors introduced into the textus receptus by its Catholic priest author.

Say halve of what you say is exaggerated half truths, and the other halve, ice cold, hard, underestimated and underrated .. facts, then still, nothing supports or justifies your preference for or of the NIV.

But now I'll bring into play for my understanding and or rendering of the Scriptures, all manuscripts made accessible through sources whether e.g. Erasmus and Nestle Aland, before making my own conclusions and decisions over any translations. My lifelong Bible study showed to me like to most Christians Protestants and Catholics and even to most non Christians their own study of the Word of God has shown, that Tyndale's English (with all its derived dependent English translations for centuries after), ranks supreme in a class all its own as the best translation(s) of all time and all languages.
..but things suddenly, dramatically and unmissable changed for the worst in the late 20th century!

Last edited:
Reactions: Acolyte and Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Say halve of what you say is exaggerated half truths, and the other halve, ice cold, hard, underestimated and underrated .. facts, then still, nothing supports or justifies your preference for or of the NIV.

But now I'll bring into play for my understanding and or rendering of the Scriptures, all manuscripts made accessible through sources whether e.g. Erasmus and Nestle Aland, before making my own conclusions and decisions over any translations. My lifelong Bible study showed to me like to most Christians Protestants and Catholics and even to most non Christians their own study of the Word of God has shown, that Tyndale's English (with all its derived dependent English translations for centuries after), ranks supreme in a class all its own as the best translation(s) of all time and all languages.
..but things suddenly, dramatically and unmissable changed for the worst in the late 20th century!

There are manuscripts far older than those sources.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
You are manufacturing your own theology here. But what we find in Scripture is very simple:

1. The Bible clearly states that Christ was resurrected after three day and three nights in the tomb.

2. Christ was resurrected in the same body which was crucified, having the marks of the nails in his hands and feet.

3. At the same time the resurrected body of Christ was a transformed, immortal, glorious body. A "spiritual body" in the sense that the ordinary limitations on human bodies were absent. He could enter rooms without needing to go through doors. And He ascended all the way to Heaven without any difficulty.

4. After the Resurrection/Rapture of the saints, all of God's children will have bodies similar to that of Christ.

1.Where was He during the the three days?

2.Yes He was ,He had to ,again to show us in the flesh

3.So He didn't need the flesh,it had to be transfigured

4.We already have that body,it's in us,as per scripture from Paul

I Corinthians 15:44 "It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body."

There is a natural body, which is your flesh body, and there is also a spiritual or soul body. The two are different and when the natural body, or flesh body dies the spiritual body is "raised", or in the Greek text "egiro, awakened, become active from its death". You have two bodies, one natural body contains your spiritual body, and that spiritual body is awakened to a new life, when the flesh or natural body dies and releases your soul. Your spirit and your soul are together, for the spirit is your "self", "the intellect of your soul" which houses your spirit within you.

Your spirit never leaves your soul, even at the death of your flesh body. Satan does not have any power over your spiritual body, but only your flesh body. Man and Satan can tare this flesh body to peaces and cause you to do all sorts of things, but no-one can damage your soul, not man, not Satan nor the angels. God is the only one that can destroy the soul and that comes at the end of the Millennium age, following judgment. However through deception Satan can cause you to sin against God, and thus be in trouble before the Almighty God. But that is why we have repentance in the name of Jesus to become right-standing before the Father again.

It just can't be made any clearer than Paul has made it here. You have two bodies, the flesh and the spiritual bodies. When the flesh body dies, then the spiritual body is awakened and come alive within itself. It starts to live a life without the baggage of the flesh body confining it to the limits of the flesh.

Simple question I keep getting no answer for.What body did Christ have before being born of woman?

Reactions: Acolyte

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
But that's not all the saints that will live and die. There are more in MK. But they are not church. They are Israel and Gentiles.

See that's the problem you and others can't see,Israel is and has always been the Church

Abraham's seed is Christ,Christ is the Head of the Church ,Christians we belong to Abraham
how do tell do you get away from that??

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You are manufacturing your own theology here. But what we find in Scripture is very simple:

1. The Bible clearly states that Christ was resurrected after three day and three nights in the tomb.

The Bible clearly states that Christ resurrected "ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES the third day" / "on the third day" / "in three days" / "by the third day" / "the third day due"; never <after three days and three nights>; NEVER <after three day and three nights in the tomb>.
If ever anybody's was, YOURS is <manufacturing your own theology here>. Your theology is simply and very clearly not what we find in the Bible.

OR QUOTE THE BIBLE