rethinking the prophets...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rethinking the Prophets?
Yes; reread and rethink what they actually say and don't shoehorn your own interpretation onto their prophesies.
Obviously this is the problem, as there are multiple interpretations of what we are told God plans to do.

There is; no doubt, a convergence of events and in the world situation that point to the imminence of when the Lord will once again, act to correct mankind to a similar degree as He did in the days of Noah. Matthew 24:37-44, 2 Peter 3:-7

Don't gloat, brother. You may have to do some "rethinking" yourself! ;)
A lot of us gave credence to these prophets, who are really brothers and sisters in the Lord. It's been more painful for them than it has been for those of us who believed them! Fortunately, the Lord often gives us time to get it right. And I plan on trying to do that.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Well he didn't say consecutive terms..
Although I took it that way..
At least one prophet heard from God that Biden wouldn't be president.

If God has determined it, it will be as he said. At this stage the most important question is how, so pray for our leaders and those working to expose the corruption. That they would be kept safe from the enemies' schemes, and would act wisely in perusing this in the courts.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Don't gloat, brother. You may have to do some "rethinking" yourself! ;)
A lot of us gave credence to these prophets, who are really brothers and sisters in the Lord. It's been more painful for them than it has been for those of us who believed them! Fortunately, the Lord often gives us time to get it right. And I plan on trying to do that.
Its simple: those who rashly predicted a Trump win, are not prophets at all.
Claiming to be a prophet of God without His approval is a gross sin and those who do it will be severely judged. Matthew 7:15-16

Rethinking? Why does the Prophetic Word, that I promote; need that?
Plain statements like we have in 2 Peter 3:7, are perfectly clear. What will happen will shock those who have any other belief.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's what I shared somewhere here....when I was praying last year..maybe year before He told me to keep my eyes on Israel...and indeed, under Trump prophesy is being fulfilled right before our very eyes. And the signing of the peace agreement really sealed it for me.
I believe that the temple will be rebuilt in Jerusalem....one thing that needs to take place is for Israel to regain possession of the Temple Mount which is currently in the Muslims possession. They would never give it back to Israel before the peace agreement....but now I see it happening....so I agree with you that Trump would need to be in office to help negotiate this. But nothing is impossible for Him it could happen under any president.

You never know though, Australia might become the new world power leader and help negotiate it.

The way I see it though, is all Biblical prophecy will be fulfilled no matter who the leaders of the nations are.....

And I was kidding about Australia, I don't think Australia will become a new world power leader. :p

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You never know though, Australia might become the new world power leader and help negotiate it.

The way I see it though, is all Biblical prophecy will be fulfilled no matter who the leaders of the nations are.....

And I was kidding about Australia, I don't think Australia will become a new world power leader. :p
Yes, and even if Biden is the next president it is all in God's plan.

Reactions: Josho

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Claiming to be a prophet of God without His approval is a gross sin and those who do it will be severely judged. Matthew 7:15-16

Plain statements like we have in 2 Peter 3:7, are perfectly clear. What will happen will shock those who have any other belief.

No, if things were that clear, everybody would feel the way you do. And they don't! The message of judgment is designed to elicit repentance. Is that what you're doing? Are you preaching correction or damnation?

I don't think brothers and sisters in the Lord who have prophesied falsely are "False Prophets." I think they are brothers and sisters in the Lord who have sinned by speaking "presumptuously" for the Lord. At some point they got lifted up in pride, and began to promote themselves and their visions.

We all need to be careful about that.

Col 2.18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. 19 They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

Reactions: Keraz

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Blessings in Christ Jesus! Hear the words as they fall to the ground. It is The Lord alone that chooses.

Isn't it the prophet that is responsible for not letting the words fall to the ground? The Lord speaks to the prophet but the prophet doesnt share.

Then the Lord must fulfill the prophecy, fulfillment is none of the prophet's responsibility.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Exactly. There are sixty plus false prophets that predicted Trump would have a second term. I’d bet that if they faced the consequences of death by stoning they would be a little more sure that God gave them revelations before they spoke. If I was a new Christian I would have doubts about Christianity from this.

Reactions: amadeus

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Exactly. There are sixty plus false prophets that predicted Trump would have a second term. I’d bet that if they faced the consequences of death by stoning they would be a little more sure that God gave them revelations before they spoke. If I was a new Christian I would have doubts about Christianity from this.

If God gives you a prophecy are you going to ask him if he is sure of himself? Going to demand proof of multiple witnesses? How about asking for a sign, like the star of Bethlehem?

No, the more reasonable explaination is the prophecies are yet to be fulfilled.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God gives you a prophecy are you going to ask him if he is sure of himself? Going to demand proof of multiple witnesses? How about asking for a sign, like the star of Bethlehem?

Could be, or there could be massive demon activity in motion. I had dreams of Russians and Chinese invading the mainland. So did “prophets” on YouTube. I didn’t feel compelled to go on YouTube claiming this would happen or when it would happen. If God tells me to prophecy, I will. If he doesn’t I won’t. Jesus told me he would use me but it is dependent on me being “head to head, heart to heart and fist to fist”.(his words).

This is serious stuff. I was fascinated by Kim Clements Trump prophecy until I heard he preached the prosperity gospel. Could he be a false prophet? Absolutely...

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could be, or there could be massive demon activity in motion. I had dreams of Russians and Chinese invading the mainland. So did “prophets” on YouTube. I didn’t feel compelled to go on YouTube claiming this would happen or when it would happen. If God tells me to prophecy, I will. If he doesn’t I won’t. Jesus told me he would use me but it is dependent on me being “head to head, heart to heart and fist to fist”.(his words).

This is serious stuff. I was fascinated by Kim Clements Trump prophecy until I heard he preached the prosperity gospel. Could he be a false prophet? Absolutely...
No such thing as a prosperity gospel. Our Father desires for us to prosper and be in good health, even as our soul prospers.
He certainly does not want us to lack in anything. If He desires to bless you and your family and increase your territory and you are suddenly presented with a plot of land will you refuse it?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't it the prophet that is responsible for not letting the words fall to the ground? The Lord speaks to the prophet but the prophet doesnt share.

Then the Lord must fulfill the prophecy, fulfillment is none of the prophet's responsibility.
I shared with a few back in December that in order to charge Biden with High Treason he needs to be in office. He won't be there long.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No such thing as a prosperity gospel. Our Father desires for us to prosper and be in good health, even as our soul prospers.
He certainly does not want us to lack in anything. If He desires to bless you and your family and increase your territory and you are suddenly presented with a plot of land will you refuse it?

He already did that for me. He pulled me from Babylon and dropped me in where I am supposed to be. What I am talking about is the greedy money preachers on TV. This is the main reason people reject Christianity. Mega churches with huge mortgages, private jets etc. Joel Osteen, Kevin Copeland type preachers. Laodicean Church.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It raises an interesting point. One's theology determines quite a few things. Regarding eschatology, it can determine:

1. If you will receive a prophetic dream based on the Biblical doctrine it supports.
2. If you will receive a prophetic dream based on what other modern end-times prophecies it supports.

I never have bought into anything about a Chinese or Russian invasion of the US, because I don't recognize that as being anything that correlates to either Biblical or end-times prophecies I trust. But maybe this has something to do with being "head to head."

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It raises an interesting point. One's theology determines quite a few things. Regarding eschatology, it can determine:

1. If you will receive a prophetic dream based on the Biblical doctrine it supports.
2. If you will receive a prophetic dream based on what other modern end-times prophecies it supports.

I never have bought into anything about a Chinese or Russian invasion of the US, because I don't recognize that as being anything that correlates to either Biblical or end-times prophecies I trust. But maybe this has something to do with being "head to head."

I don’t know. I had that dream before Heard any one else on YouTube talk about it. I saw grey bomber planes in the dream and later (not dreaming) I read an article about Russian bombers doing training over Alaska and it was the exact plane I saw in my dream. It really got me thinking. But I have received no word from the lord to proclaim it as a prophecy so I haven’t.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is fine for me when God gives the prophecy to me to deliver and I have no doubt that my source is God. The problem is different for the person who hears me speak what God gave me to say. How is it that the hearer of my words knows that what I speak is, or is not, from God? By their fruits?

If we are waiting until later for the fulfillment and the prophet is false, how long should we wait?
Where and what are the fruits? Who is correctly able to discern the fruits so as to know the prophet in a given instance is true or false?

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is fine for me when God gives the prophecy to me to deliver and I have no doubt that my source is God. The problem is different for the person who hears me speak what God gave me to say. How is it that the hearer of my words knows that what I speak is, or is not, from God? By their fruits?

If we are waiting until later for the fulfillment and the prophet is false, how long should we wait?
Where and what are the fruits? Who is correctly able to discern the fruits so as to know the prophet in a given instance is true or false?
Trump could potentially run again and serve another term so should we wait four years?

Reactions: amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He already did that for me. He pulled me from Babylon and dropped me in where I am supposed to be. What I am talking about is the greedy money preachers on TV. This is the main reason people reject Christianity. Mega churches with huge mortgages, private jets etc. Joel Osteen, Kevin Copeland type preachers. Laodicean Church.
No it isn't...the main reason people reject Christianity is the hypocrisy...and lack of love.

Reactions: Mantis

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump could potentially run again and serve another term so should we wait four years?
Yes, and technically Harry Truman was the one man unaffected by the 22nd Amendment 2 term limitation for Presidents, He was so unpopular at the end of his only full term, he never even considered running for President again, yet under law, he could have served more terms than FDR.

Certainly now according to many he was one of our best Presidents, but... it was not until many years after he was finished that people began to consider that. Perhaps all the ones that hated him and loved General Douglas McArthur had to die first.

What are people seeing now in Trump? Give us another Truman? Help us dear Lord!

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride!"

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know. I had that dream before Heard any one else on YouTube talk about it. I saw grey bomber planes in the dream and later (not dreaming) I read an article about Russian bombers doing training over Alaska and it was the exact plane I saw in my dream. It really got me thinking. But I have received no word from the lord to proclaim it as a prophecy so I haven’t.

One thing that can also be possible is that sometimes a dream (if it is from God) portents something that could possibly happen without it necessarily being destined to. As such, yes, you want to take it with a grain of salt before "prophesying" anything. Because of it, I am somewhat more guarded than I used to be about posting on dreams and what I think they mean.

God bless,
- H