Revelation 11 and Revelation 12

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TribulationSigns

May 1, 2023
Somewhere west of Mississippi River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's see how much you like your own medicine:​

Not a single Scripture in your refute? Not surprised. Just rants filled with personal "carnal" opinions and speculations. In fact, the restoration of the kingdom had already taken place through the church. Not a physical kingdom you hoped for with your carnal vision of Israel. ;)

Better for you to go back and deal with Douggg because you guys are blind leading the blind over premillennial charts nonsense. You guys are drifting away from the Truth. :watching and waiting:

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once (if) you ever start realizing that Daniel's 1,335 days already took place in the days of Antiochus IV Epiphanes, then you might start understanding why that 1.335 days mentioned in Daniel are not mentioned in the Revelation, or anywhere in the New Testament.
The abomination of desolation of Daniel 12:11-12 is time of the end, Daniel 12:9.

Antiochus was not time of the end.

The abomination of desolation by Antiochus pre-figured what the time of the end abomination of desolation will be, i.e. a statue image.

I wonder why?

Maybe because the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet standing in the holy place is the same as the man of sin seating himself up in the (real and only) tabernacle of God in the world / on the earth - and he is the antitype of Antiochus IV, "Epiphanes"?​
The act by the Antichrist in 2Thessalonians2:4 is the transgression of desolation, not the abomination of desolation.

The transgression of desolation comes from Daniel 8:12-13. It will take place before the abomination of desolation.

The transgression of desolation act is what get the revealed man of sin killed. God in Ezekiel 28:1-10, brings strangers against him and has him assassinated.

Then after his soul goes to the place of the dead and mocked for a short time, maybe about three days or so. Then God in disdain for him, in Isaiah 14:18-20 returns his soul back to his body and at that point the person becomes the beast. Shortly thereafter, the false prophet has the people of the world make a statue image of the beast and places it on the temple mount. That statue image of the beast will be the abomination of desolation.

Here is a diagram I made of the how the transgression of desolation act ends up resulting in abomination of desolation statue image.

Events ToD to AoD.jpg

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Parts of Revelation 12 relate to parts of Revelation 11.
No, they don't. I understand you need that to be true in order to support your doctrine, but it is simply not the case.

Revelation 12:1-5 is not in Revelation 11. Revelation 12:1-5 are historic first century actions. Revelation 11 is end times and covers the 7 years before Jesus returns.
Scripture teaches that he will return at the last trumpet (1 Corinthians 15:22-23,50-54) and the seventh trumpet, which is described in Revelation 11:15-19, is the last trumpet. So, it's impossible that Revelation "covers the 7 years before Jesus returns". Look at the things which will happen at the sounding of the seventh trumpet. It says at the sounding of the seventh trumpet "thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged". When does other scripture say that the dead will be judged? According to Revelation 20 it will happen AFTER the thousand years and Satan's little season. You are once again drawing conclusions from one passage that contradict other passages. You do that frequently and you don't seem to care about that.
The comparison table in the opening post indicates what are first half actions and what are second half actions of the 7 years. Go back and take a look.
I don't need to look again at something I know is false.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture teaches that he will return at the last trumpet (1 Corinthians 15:22-23,50-54) and the seventh trumpet, which is described in Revelation 11:15-19, is the last trumpet
1Corinthians15:20-54 is about the rapture/resurrection not about Jesus's return.

Look at the things which will happen at the sounding of the seventh trumpet. It says at the sounding of the seventh trumpet "thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged"
You did not complete the verse.

Revelation 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Time for the bema seat of Christ, which the raptured/resurrection saints and prophets will be given rewards for the things they did for the cause of Christ. That takes place in heaven, while here on earth the time of Satan's wrath will be going on.

I show the bema seat of Christ on my chart.

the bema seat of Christ 3.jpg

Davidpt

Dec 6, 2023
East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once (if) you ever start realizing that Daniel's 1,335 days already took place in the days of Antiochus IV Epiphanes, then you might start understanding why that 1.335 days mentioned in Daniel are not mentioned in the Revelation, or anywhere in the New Testament.

Sorry, but totally impossible that can be the case, IMO. Day 1335 is meaning the last day of this age. Look what follows that verse.

Daniel 12:13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

Notice that there are no more mentioning of days in Daniel 12 anywhere after verse 12. Therefore, obviously what is meant is that day 1335 is meaning the very same end of the days verse 13 is talking about. You might have a case had there been some more verses after verse 12 and prior to verse 13, that mentioned other days besides these pertaining to verse 11 and 12. Yet there clearly isn't.

Does that sound like verse 13 can fit A4E's days? Why would verse 12 be about the days of A4E then the next verse, the very last verse, isn't? There is nothing coherant about understanding it in that manner. When Daniel 12:13 comes to pass who would even care at that point what happened during the days of A4E? How could that possibly be relevant when verse 13 is meaning?

What I notice is this.

Daniel 12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

Verse 12 sounds like it might fit the following to me.

Revelation 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

In the NT watching is also connected with waiting, the idea being that one doesn't fall away in the meantime.

Luke 12:36 And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

Here is an example showing how waiting and watching are connected.

And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord----Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching

No doubt in my mind, Daniel 12:12 is meaning the 2nd coming, the last day of this age. And we have killed 2 birds with one stone here, so to speak. Because if I am correct, this debunks the A4E interpretation of Daniel 12 and it also destroys Pretrib because when day 1335 arrives, there are no more days in this age, and that Pretrib has more days in this age remaining when that alleged rapture occurs.

After all, does not verse 13 indicate that is is at the end of the days when Daniel rises? Yet Pretribbers have the dead in Christ rising before great tribulation not after. Are Pretribbers going to argue that Daniel is not among the dead in Christ, therefore he doesn't rise with the dead in Christ that rise first during the rapture event they take to mean before the end of the days rather than after?

And besides, look at the following.

Daniel 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

This sounds like something that fits the NT church age not the days of A4E. In Revelation alone, it mentions 'white' in relation to saints, numerous times. Then there is this in Zechariah 13.

Zechariah 13:9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried : they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

I can see that maybe fitting with Daniel 12:10. Do you think Zechariah 13:9 is pertaining to the days of A4E?

BTW, this is how Christ can confirm the covenant with many for one week, where He does that in the first 3.5 years of His ministry leading to His death, Then a gap follows, then He finishes doing that via Daniel 12:10 which appears to be involving Zechariah 13:9. Keeping in mind that Daniel 12:10 is involving the time pertaining to the abomination of desolation, where I take to be meaning the final half of the 70th week and that it is involving the reign of the beast and great tribulation.

Last edited:

TribulationSigns

May 1, 2023
Somewhere west of Mississippi River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture teaches that he will return at the last trumpet (1 Corinthians 15:22-23,50-54) and the seventh trumpet, which is described in Revelation 11:15-19, is the last trumpet. So, it's impossible that Revelation "covers the 7 years before Jesus returns". Look at the things which will happen at the sounding of the seventh trumpet. It says at the sounding of the seventh trumpet "thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged".

Agreed. The 7th trumpet is the LAST trump. That will be the Second Coming and the rapture. There won't be time longer for anything like Douggg's chart falsely show.

I don't need to look again at something I know is false.

That what I thought too.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Sorry, but totally impossible that can be the case, IMO. Day 1335 is meaning the last day of this age. Look what follows that verse.

Daniel 12:13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

Notice that there are no more mentioning of days in Daniel 12 anywhere after verse 12. Therefore, obviously what is meant is that day 1335 is meaning the very same end of the days verse 13 is talking about. You might have a case had there been some more verses after verse 12 and prior to verse 13, that mentioned other days besides these pertaining to verse 11 and 12. Yet there clearly isn't.
Daniel's prophecy closes with the subject of Antiochus IV's abomination in the temple in Jerusalem that Daniel opened earlier in the book. It's typical of the prophets to do that, hence typical in biblical prophecy.

These words:

11 From the time that the daily sacrifice is removed and the abomination that causes desolation is set in place, there are 1,290 days.
12 Blessed is the one who waits and attains to the 1,335 days. -- Chapter 12

Close this prophecy:

Daniel 8

8 Then the he-goat became very great. And when he was strong, the great horn was broken. And in its place came up four outstanding ones towards the four winds of the heavens.
9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which became very great, toward the south and toward the east and toward the bountiful land.
10 And it became great, even to the host of heaven. And it made fall some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and trampled them.
11 Yea, he magnified himself, even to the ruler of the host, and the daily sacrifice was taken away by him, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.
12 And an army was given to him against the daily sacrifice because of transgression, and it cast the truth to the ground. And it worked and succeeded.

13 Then I heard a certain holy one speaking, and another holy one said to that one who spoke, Until when shall the vision last, concerning the daily sacrifice and the transgression that astounds, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trampled?
14 And he said to me, For two thousand, three hundred evenings and mornings. Then the sanctuary shall be vindicated.

which is also mentioned here:

Daniel 11
31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.
34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.
35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.
36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.

Daniel 8:20-25
"The ram which you saw having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia.
And the shaggy goat is the king of Greece.
And the great horn between his eyes is the first king.
And as for that being broken,
and four stood up in its place;
four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation,

but not in its power. And in the latter time of their kingdom, .."

[in the latter time of the kings of the Greek kingdom after it was divided into four parts]

"..when the transgressors have come to the full,
a king, fierce of face, and skilled at intrigues, shall stand up.
And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power.​

And he shall destroy marvelously, and shall prosper and work, and destroy the mighty and the holy people.

And also through his understanding, he shall cause deceit to succeed in his hand. And he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many. He also shall stand up against the Ruler of rulers. But he shall be broken without a hand."

Personally I do not understand how anyone cannot understand how the one is a type of the other.

Daniel 12- Rev 7.png

The verse below was not fulfilled:

"And all kingdoms shall serve and obey Him."

"And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt."
WILL BE FULFILLED BY SOMEONE | ALREADY FULFILLED BY SOMEONE ELSE

Daniel 7:26-27
"But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his rulership (done by the Maccabees), to cut off and to destroy until the end. And the kingdom and rulership, and the greatness of the kingdom under all the heavens, shall be given to the people of the saints of the Most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom."

(The kingdom of God in Judea was given to the saints of the Most High after Antiochus IV was ousted)

The scattering of the power of the holy people and only the wise understanding applied just as much to the faithful Jewish remnant during the days of Antiochus IV (the type) as it will (still future tense) to the faithful remnant in Christ (the antitype).

Daniel 12

"And at that time Michael shall stand up, the great ruler who stands for the sons of your people" (God helping the Maccabees, and God helping the saints when Christ returns in judgment of the beast).

"And there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation; until that time" (indeed the time of Antiochus IV was such a time, and the end of the Age before the return of Christ will be such a time - Matthew 24:21).

"And at that time your people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book" (the faithful Jewish remnant were delivered from the hand of Antiochus IV, and the faithful saints will be delivered when Jesus returns).

The verse below is also true of the time of Antiochus IV, and will be true at the end of the Age before the return of Jesus:

"And those who are wise shall shine as the brightness of the sky; and those who turn many to righteousness shall shine as the stars forever and ever."

8 And I heard, but I did not understand. Then I said, O my lord, what shall be the end of these things?
9 And He said, Go, Daniel! For the words are closed up and sealed until the end-time.

10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried. But the wicked shall do wickedly. And none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand. (happened during the time of Antiochus IV also).​

4TH BEAST.png

According to the 364-day calendar USED BY the Essenes at Qumran (who rejected the 360-day luni-solar calendar used by the priests in Jerusalem), 2,300 evenings and mornings is 6.3 years.​

The time period covered, 2,300 days, figures to about 6 1/3 years. We believe this prophecy was fulfilled before the birth of Christ, during the reign of the Seleucid king Antiochus IV (Epiphanes). Antiochus desecrated the temple in Jerusalem and severely persecuted the Jews from about September 171/170 BC to December 165/164 BC. When Antiochus died, the Jews purified and rededicated the temple, just as Daniel had predicted. These events are commemorated in the celebration of Hanukkah.​

-- What is the prophecy of 2,300 days in Daniel? | GotQuestions.org

So in my opinion the 1,290 days and 1,335 days is specifically referring to the defilement of the temple by Antiochus IV, which is why the 1,290 days and 1,335 days is not mentioned anywhere in the Revelation - but what Antiochus IV did in history is a foreshadowing of what is to come, because though he was Daniel's 4th beast, he did not complete the fulfillment of everything prophesied about the 4th beast. That 4th kingdom is identified by the symbols of the lion, the leopard and the bear, and will ascend from the abyss because though it was, it no longer existed when John received the Revelation - and today it's quite possibly at any moment about to ascend from the abyss.

Daniel-Revelation.png

ANTIOCHUS IV IS NOT THE ONLY BIBLICAL TYPE OF THE COMING BEAST

Great Trib Circles Burning fiery furnace-great tribulation.png

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you believe these are referring to the same battle, then notice how the dragon, which we know is Satan, is mentioned in the Revelation 16 passage, but not in the Revelation 19 passage. The Revelation 16 passage clearly shows that he is involved in the battle, so does him not being specifically mentioned in the Revelation 19 passage mean he's not involved in the battle described there?
Satan is found at that battle in the very next verses. The FP and the beast are cast into the LOF, while Satan is bound in the pit. During the thousand years the FP and beast are in the LOF, Satan is in the pit.

Some of us don't feel the need to correct the chronology of the verses and take them out of context to fit a certain eschatological view.

After all are dead at Armageddon, Satan is bound, and some are physically raised from the dead. Simple as reading in the order John saw the events happen.

If you can link chapter 16 with 19, what went wrong in the very next verses after chapter 19? John is still talking about Satan and his defeat at Armageddon, then he is bound in the pit.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So in my opinion the 1,290 days and 1,335 days is specifically referring to the defilement of the temple by Antiochus IV, which is why the 1,290 days and 1,335 days is not mentioned anywhere in the Revelation
The whole key is what is time of the end and what is not.

Antiochus IV was not time of the end. Antiochus IV is in Daniel 11:31. The transition to the time of the end is in Daniel 11:35.

The 1290 days and 1335 days are time of the end, Daniel 12:.9 The 1290 days and 1335 days are tied to the abomination of desolation set-up, Daniel 12:11-12.

Jesus tied the abomination of desolation to the great tribulation that will precede His return.

Reactions: ewq1938

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus tied the abomination of desolation to the great tribulation that will precede His return.
Yes but there is no temple in Jerusalem - no sanctuary of God in Jerusalem - to be defiled by the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet. Even if another temple-building is erected in Jerusalem, it will not be the sanctuary of God. God only has one sanctuary on the earth.

The 1,290 and 1,335 days was tied to the type, not to the antitype.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes but there is no temple in Jerusalem - no sanctuary of God in Jerusalem - to be defiled by the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet. Even if another temple-building is erected in Jerusalem, it will not be the sanctuary of God. God only has one sanctuary on the earth.

The temple will be built by the Jews with the intended purpose of as the two previous temples.

Because the little horn person (in his Antichrist stage) in Daniel 8:12-13 will stop the daily sacrifice, there has to be a temple in place for the daily sacrifices to be going on.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The temple will be built by the Jews with the intended purpose of as the two previous temples.

Because the little horn person (in his Antichrist stage) in Daniel 8:12-13 will stop the daily sacrifice, there has to be a temple in place for the daily sacrifices to be going on.

But the daily sacrificed stopped long ago. There is also no scriptural example of changing stages by one person into all these various and notable singular-person prophecies.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Since the church will not be on the earth after the Second Coming, how can God have a sanctuary on the earth?

God who can now be seen by all on the earth sitting on the GWT, will not be in a spiritual temple called the "body of Christ". There will be a temple and a throne set up by Jesus as the King of Israel. That will be the throne and temple handed to Satan, if necessary.

Humans are not building a third temple per Zechariah 14. God is, in the person of His Son, Jesus as King. Jesus is the Prince to come, who will establish a Millennial Kingdom on the earth.

Those who think they can entice God to come to earth with their own temple, are as wrong as those post mill, who thought the church could entice God to earth by humans creating a perfect earth through self righteousness.

Jesus must reign on the earth after the Second Coming to hand back a perfect and redeemed creation to God.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is also no scriptural example of changing stages by one person into all these various and notable singular-person prophecies.
There is not a specific scripture as such. But there are the descriptions for each of those five stages.

What is worth to take note of is that the description of the five stages follow the bible's book/chapter sequence, i.e.

little horn in Daniel 7 and 8
then the prince who shall come in Daniel 9
then the Antichrist in 2John
then the revealed man of sin in 2Thessalonians
then the beast in Revelation

Davidpt

Dec 6, 2023
East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the church will not be on the earth after the Second Coming, how can God have a sanctuary on the earth?

God who can now be seen by all on the earth sitting on the GWT, will not be in a spiritual temple called the "body of Christ". There will be a temple and a throne set up by Jesus as the King of Israel. That will be the throne and temple handed to Satan, if necessary.

Humans are not building a third temple per Zechariah 14. God is, in the person of His Son, Jesus as King. Jesus is the Prince to come, who will establish a Millennial Kingdom on the earth.

Those who think they can entice God to come to earth with their own temple, are as wrong as those post mill, who thought the church could entice God to earth by humans creating a perfect earth through self righteousness.

Jesus must reign on the earth after the Second Coming to hand back a perfect and redeemed creation to God.

One thing that has to be factored in I guess, is this. People will be in real bodies including Christ, after Christ returns. Does everyone just float around in the air having no tangible place to sit, to rule from, etc? Is this earth going to be like one big ghost planet where there are no longer any structures of any kind, such as houses, buildings, etc? I'm sure everyone remembers those Casper the ghost cartoons. Is that what it's going to be like in the future, there being no need for tangible structures, such as thrones for anyone to sit upon, because just like Casper the Ghost, one can't sit upon tangible objects, they penetrate through them instead?

Reactions: Zao is life

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

One day you will realize that there was a daily sacrifice going on when Daniel's prophecy was fulfilled in the 2nd century B.C.

"Abomination of desolation" is a phrase from the Book of Daniel describing the pagan sacrifices with which the 2nd century BC Greek king Antiochus IV Epiphanes replaced the twice-daily offering in the Jewish temple, or alternatively the altar on which such offerings were made.

After restoring Menelaus, Antiochus IV issued decrees aimed at helping the most enthusiastically pro-Greek faction of Jews (usually called "Hellenizers") against the traditionalists. He outlawed Jewish religious rites and traditions and the Temple in Jerusalem was changed to a syncretic Greek-Jewish cult that included worship of Zeus. The Greek historian Diodorus wrote that Antiochus "sacrificed a great swine at the image of Moses, and at the altar of God that stood in the outward court, and sprinkled them with the blood of the sacrifice. He commanded likewise that the books, by which they were taught to hate all other nations, should be sprinkled with the broth made of the swine's flesh. And he put out the lamp (called by them immortal) which burns continually in the temple. Lastly he forced the high priest and the other Jews to eat swine's flesh."

Hopefully you will realize it when the man of sin seats himself up among the lawlessness and apostasy in the churches - so that you do not follow him thinking he is some sort of prophet.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Since the church will not be on the earth after the Second Coming,
I don't know what Bible you read but Jesus did not say that the abomination of desolation would appear after the second coming - it will occur before the second coming.

Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place (whoever reads, let him understand). Then let those in Judea flee into the mountains. For then shall be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world to this time; no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days should be shortened, no flesh would be saved. But for the elect's sake, those days shall be shortened.

And immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from the heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.

And then the sign of the Son of man shall appear in the heavens. And then all the tribes of the earth shall mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of the heaven with power and great glory. And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
One thing that has to be factored in I guess, is this. People will be in real bodies including Christ, after Christ returns. Does everyone just float around in the air having no tangible place to sit, to rule from, etc? Is this earth going to be like one big ghost planet where there are no longer any structures of any kind, such as houses, buildings, etc? I'm sure everyone remembers those Casper the ghost cartoons. Is that what it's going to be like in the future, there being no need for tangible structures, such as thrones for anyone to sit upon, because just like Casper the Ghost, one can't sit upon tangible objects, they penetrate through them instead?
At least Casper was a friendly ghost.

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Humans are not building a third temple. God is, in the person of His Son, Jesus as King.
Yes. The third temple has already been built by God. It's Bishop and High Priest is Christ. If the Jews build another building and call it "The Third Temple of God" it won't be the third Temple of God, the sanctuary where God dwells. The Jews will be calling it that, but it will be a misnomer.

An abomination in the holy place can only occur in the sanctuary (Temple) of God where God's Spirit is present. Otherwise it's no more or less of an idol than the gods in Hindu temples.

Do you not know that you are a temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God shall destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which you are. -- 1 Corinthians 3:16-17.

Let not anyone deceive you by any means. For that the Day of Christ shall not come unless there first comes the apostasy, and the man of sin shall be revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God, or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, setting himself forth, that he is God. -- 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4.

And what agreement does a temple of God have with idols? For you are the temple of the living God, as God has said, "I will dwell in them and walk among them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people." 2 Corinthians 6:16.

Last edited: