Revelation 11-the measure of the temple

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The ONLY standing promise left to the Jews is Jesus! Other than that, there is no other hope for them!!

If in any Jew's lifetime, they have neglected to come to Christ for the forgiveness/removal of sins and the Gift of God's salvation, they are LOST forever.

Heb. 2[3] How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

'And I will pour upon the house of David,
and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem,
the spirit of grace and of supplications:
and they shall look upon Me whom they have pierced,
.. and they shall mourn for Him,
.... as one mourneth for his only son,
...... and shall be in bitterness for Him,
........ as one that is in bitterness for His firstborn.'

(Zechariah 12:10)

* God will do it!

Praise His Holy Name!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'And I will pour upon the house of David,
and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem,
the spirit of grace and of supplications:
and they shall look upon Me whom they have pierced,
.. and they shall mourn for Him,
.... as one mourneth for his only son,
...... and shall be in bitterness for Him,
........ as one that is in bitterness for His firstborn.'

(Zechariah 12:10)

* God will do it!

Praise His Holy Name!
No!!! God the Father HAS done it already through His Son!! John 3:18; Romans 8:9

For every Jew, who died in faith, believing of the Messiah Jesus to come, before He appeared, they WERE sealed/saved on the Day of Pentecost, by the Promise of the Gift of God's Holy Spirit!! Revelation 6:9-11.

NOW, after Christ's first appearance, all Jews must come to Christ now, as do the Gentiles!
God is no respecter of persons!! ALL ARE EQUAL in His sight!!
Acts 10:34

Reactions: 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the name of the Lord Jesus, as we discuss all of these topics, we "ALL" are not that far apart, only a few screws turned here and a few bolts tighten there we might get this ship to shore with all aboard...... safe and sound and all on the same page. ;)

PICJAG.

Reactions: Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the name of the Lord Jesus, as we discuss all of these topics, we "ALL" are not that far apart, only a few screws turned here and a few bolts tighten there we might get this ship to shore with all aboard...... safe and sound and all on the same page. ;)

PICJAG.
Amen!
Eph. 4[11] And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
[12] For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
[13] Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
[14] That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
[15] But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
[16] From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Reactions: 101G

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“and the holy city shall they tread under foot...”
don’t know if anyone has brought up Hebrews 10:29-30? 11 pages maybe multiple times “Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? [30] For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.”

Consider “hath counted the blood of the covenant, ...and has done despite unto the Spirit of Grace?” Who is this with His glorious apparel stained red?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“and the holy city shall they tread under foot...”
don’t know if anyone has brought up Hebrews 10:29-30? 11 pages maybe multiple times “Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? [30] For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.”

Consider “hath counted the blood of the covenant, ...and has done despite unto the Spirit of Grace?” Who is this with His glorious apparel stained red?
correct, this is the Lord Jesus. Isaiah 63:2 "Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat?

Isaiah 63:3 "I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.

Isaiah 63:4 "For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.

Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me. BINGO, the ARM of the Lord is God himself in flesh, his own ARM, the Lord Jesus.

Genesis 49:11 "Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ass's colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes". This was foretold by the prophet, Zechariah also,.9:9 "Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass".

PICJAG.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The ONLY standing promise left to the Jews is Jesus! Other than that, there is no other hope for them!!

If in any Jew's lifetime, they have neglected to come to Christ for the forgiveness/removal of sins and the Gift of God's salvation, they are LOST forever.

Heb. 2[3] How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
I love how so many will deny God His greatest reward, saving His chosen..

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love how so many will deny God His greatest reward, saving His chosen..
In the FLESH, Israel was ONCE upon a time the chosen, aka The KoG on earth.
That time of them being chosen, came to an end, when Jesus said this:
Mat. 21[43] Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

We see that fulfillment in 1 Peter 2[9] But ye [Chritians] are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
[10] Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Concernning the first appearance of Jesus, the book of Daniel was written for the nation of Israel, just as the book of Revelation is written for the church, and His future Glorious return.

Unfortunately, many today want to combine the two, and/or make one the extension of the other.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
correct, this is the Lord Jesus. Isaiah 63:2 "Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat?

Isaiah 63:3 "I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.

Isaiah 63:4 "For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.

Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me. BINGO, the ARM of the Lord is God himself in flesh, his own ARM, the Lord Jesus.

Genesis 49:11 "Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ass's colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes". This was foretold by the prophet, Zechariah also,.9:9 "Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass".

PICJAG.

Hebrews 10:29-30 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? [30] For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

“who trodden under foot the Son of God”
A few questions: (maybe I’m mixing them too much and you can help sort it out.) how does the Son of God get trodden under foot but then He is also the One treading the winepress? Can the Son of God be trodden under foot even today? As far as the outer court given to the gentiles and they trodden the sanctuary and the host under foot ... Daniel 8:13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

I’ve understood (or thought) that means His people. Matthew 5:13-14 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. [14] Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. — “and the holy city shall they tread under foot...”

Hebrews 13:13 Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach. (For we seek a city to come.)
Romans 16:20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

So who is doing the trodden? Is the Son of God and the host (and the holy city shall they tread under foot)being trodden under foot by the gentiles or is the God of peace bruising Satan under your feet shortly?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 8:13-14 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot? [14] And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.
I’ve understood (or thought) that means His people. Matthew 5:13-14 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. [14] Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. — “and the holy city shall they tread under foot...” Then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Hebrews 13:13 Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach. (For we seek a city to come.)

The outer court given to the gentiles ...have to consider “until the fullness of the gentiles come in.”
Colossians 2:11-12 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: [12] Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Luke 3:17 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.

How can He tread the winepress alone and His city and host be given to be trodden under foot(as Him) and Paul’s saying let us go out forth and bear His reproach for we have no continuing city but seek one to come? Could the winepress be “the circumcision made without hands, in the putting off the body of sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ” Buried with him in baptism, wherein you are risen with him...” then shall the sanctuary be cleansed. The winepress both death and “risen with Him”. The circumcision made without hands in the putting off the body of sins not evil, nor the His sanctuary and host given to be trodden until it is cleansed by Him who said “I did it alone”. Hebrews 12:9-10 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? [10] For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does this apply to the outer court? I am leaning towards the idea these are the ones who will be "the Harvest?"....
Here is what I know I have heard Him speak....the time of Restoration is now...God is restoring His Apostles and Prophets along with the other ministries He established in the first place.
The great Awakening is taking place now as is the great apostasy.
He is stirring up the gifts and callings of those He has chosen to help with the great outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
Those who have diligently sought out His Will, Truth, Wisdom and Knowledge and found His hidden wisdom will be the ones who are separated unto Him and who He places in His Church....to raise up disciples.. for the perfecting of the saints.
The Antichrist will reign immediately after Trump is out of office...Harvest Time begins.
These are what I have heard Him speak.
Things that have to happen which were prophesied to correlate with this time frame is the temple, the destruction of Damascus and the attack against Israel....
So this is why I was asking about the significance of the outer court being left unmeasured....are these the Harvest?

I fail to understand your struggle with that Revelation 11 Scripture. It means exactly as it says, not some spiritualistic mumbo-jumbo that twists it beyond recognition; don't listen to those people who treat it such.

Rev 11:1-3
11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

KJV

The 42 months the Gentiles are given to tread the holy city under foot is directly related to this given later in Revelation 13...

Rev 13:4-8
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
KJV

The 1260 days is the same timing as the 42 months. God's people are children of the day (1 Thessalonians 5:5). Satan's followers are the children of darkness. Why is that important to this Revelation Scripture? It's because the same timing is given two ways, one in days per a solar day reckoning, and the other in months per a lunar night reckoning. So there's a hint who those Gentiles represent, i.e., Satan's host, Christ's enemies.

The next big clue there in Rev.11 is the appearance of God's two witnesses there to prophesy against the beast there, for 1260 days, and are then killed by the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit (Rev.11:7-8). And Rev.11:8 tells us where all that will take place, i.e., in Jerusalem on earth.

Also, because all the kingdoms of this world become those of The Father and His Son on the 7th Trumpet - 3rd Woe, that reveals the timing just before that being the 6th Trumpet - 2nd Woe period, which represents the time of "great tribulation" just prior to Christ's 2nd coming.

So not really hard to figure out at all, IF one sticks to what is actually written there.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fail to understand your struggle with that Revelation 11 Scripture. It means exactly as it says, not some spiritualistic mumbo-jumbo that twists it beyond recognition; don't listen to those people who treat it such.

11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

KJV

The 42 months the Gentiles are given to tread the holy city under foot is directly related to this given later in Revelation 13...

4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
KJV

The 1260 days is the same timing as the 42 months. God's people are children of the day (1 Thessalonians 5:5). Satan's followers are the children of darkness. Why is that important to this Revelation Scripture? It's because the same timing is given two ways, one in days per a solar day reckoning, and the other in months per a lunar night reckoning. So there's a hint who those Gentiles represent, i.e., Satan's host, Christ's enemies.

The next big clue there in Rev.11 is the appearance of God's two witnesses there to prophesy against the beast there, for 1260 days, and are then killed by the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit (Rev.11:7-8). And Rev.11:8 tells us where all that will take place, i.e., in Jerusalem on earth.

Also, because all the kingdoms of this world become those of The Father and His Son on the 7th Trumpet - 3rd Woe, that reveals the timing just before that being the 6th Trumpet - 2nd Woe period, which represents the time of "great tribulation" just prior to Christ's 2nd coming.

So not really hard to figure out at all, IF one sticks to what is actually written there.

maybe you can answer then ...which sanctuary will be cleansed if God ...His body of the circumcision made without hands or a building made with hands?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
maybe you can answer then ...which sanctuary will be cleansed if God ...His body of the circumcision made without hands or a building made with hands?

The Daniel event of the future sanctuary being cleansed is for when our Lord Jesus returns, and He builds the Millennial temple. Haven't you read this...

Zech 6:12-13
12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD:

13 Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.
KJV

That symbolic name, "The BRANCH", is a symbolic name for our Lord Jesus (see Isaiah 11). Some try to say that above Scripture was about the scribe of that time, but no scribe is to sit upon a throne and rule while also being a priest upon his throne. That doesn't even apply to anyone of the house of David that's been on a throne so far. It only applies to our Lord Jesus who is both King and High Priest.

So is that temple He will build when He returns a spiritual temple or a literal physical temple? (for that timing after His return is given there, because at His return is when He will sit upon His earthly throne, the throne of His father David given Him - see Matthew 25). Also, that Millennial sanctuary is given in the Ezekiel 40 thru 47 Chapters, specific dimensions and layout, including God's River of the waters of life flowing out from the sanctuary on earth, with the tree of life on either side of that River (see Ezekiel 47). It's given location is written there also, showing it will be on the earth, in the holy land.

I'm sorry, this is not taught in most Christian Churches today when it should be. I'm not Jewish, I'm a Protestant Christian, raised in a mainstream Protestant denomination (they don't cover all this from the OT either).

The above is important to know so as to answer your question. That sanctuary being cleansed idea from the Book of Daniel isn't about any temple on earth being literally cleansed. It's about the idea of a spiritual cleansing instead. The latter day prophecies for the end shows there will be another physical temple built in Jerusalem by the Jews for the end. That one is not cleansed at Christ's return, it is destroyed. The Millennial temple Jesus will bring down to this earth when He comes, which is the sense of Zech.6:12 of Him building the temple of The LORD, not us.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 10:29-30 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? [30] For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

“who trodden under foot the Son of God”
A few questions: (maybe I’m mixing them too much and you can help sort it out.) how does the Son of God get trodden under foot but then He is also the One treading the winepress? Can the Son of God be trodden under foot even today? As far as the outer court given to the gentiles and they trodden the sanctuary and the host under foot ... Daniel 8:13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

I’ve understood (or thought) that means His people. Matthew 5:13-14 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. [14] Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. — “and the holy city shall they tread under foot...”

Romans 16:20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

So who is doing the trodden? Is the Son of God and the host (and the holy city shall they tread under foot)being trodden under foot by the gentiles or is the God of peace bruising Satan under your feet shortly?
Maybe the following will help the results of confusion, due to people blending/mixing OT prophecy with NT prophecy-
As I previously said:
"Concerning the first appearance of Jesus, the book of Daniel was written for the nation of Israel, just as the book of Revelation is written for the church, and His future Glorious return."

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Daniel event of the future sanctuary being cleansed is for when our Lord Jesus returns, and He builds the Millennial temple. Haven't you read this...

1 John 4:20-21 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? [21] And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

1 Corinthians 5:6-8 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? [7] Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: [8] Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Which sanctuary shall God cleanse? ...purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump...neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness...
Zech 6:12-13
12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD:

13 Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.
...and shall sit and rule upon his throne.
...and he shall be a priest upon his throne.

Colossians 3:14-15 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. [15] And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
...and shall be a priest upon his throne. Hebrews 10:21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
What is His House which does not fall?
1 Peter 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:20-22 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone ; [21] In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: [22] In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Which sanctuary shall be cleansed?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

KJV

KJV

Well here is why I sought understanding on it
1. The Gentiles were the first to receive salvation and it was to provoke the Jews to jealousy as written.
2. The temple is a place where people came for repentance of their sins...so why leave it out of the measuring at this time?
3. Are the Gentiles mentioned here different from the ones who received salvation first?
4. Is there another meaning to Gentile?
5. What is significant about the trampling under their feet...
So that is the reason I started this thread....to study this in depth...and Revelation is a complex study...hardly any of it is literal...most of it is symbolic...IMHO.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the response. you asked several question with a final one at the end, so we'll start with the Last one first.
the Son of Man is not trodden under anyone's feet, it's the rebellious people who by their murmurings, unbelief, and idolatry provoked God as was in the wilderness. the term "trodden under feet" convey the idea of treat or regard with contempt.
at the time of the Lord Jesus was walking on this earth, the Gentile nation of Rome had no regard for any Messiah who would be KING, nor did some of the Jews. even as now the one's who reject the Messiah, and disowned as their King, and still continue in their rebellion, even unto this day. supportive scripture,
Luke 19:11 "And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.

Luke 19:12 "He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

Luke 19:13 "And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

Luke 19:14 "But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us".

THESE ARE THE REBELLIOUS ONES WHO REJECTED THEIR "MESSIAH"/King then. and some still even today. the ones who regard the Lord Jesus with contempt. this can give you better understanding of the Kingdom of GOD in the parable of the ten pieces of money here in Luke.

now all thing has been put under his feet, but this, Psalms 110:1 and 1 Corinthians 15:25. Psalms 110:1 "A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool".

1 Corinthians 15:25 "For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

1 Corinthians 15:26 "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

1 Corinthians 15:27 "For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

1 Corinthians 15:28 "And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

see, we still have some rebels right now who reject the TRUTH of God. some by Igorance, others ... no excuse.
so all things are under his feet, and Psalms 110:1 is in effect even as we speak. and if you're in christ then all things are under your feet, (hence this GRACE PERIOD). as with the Gentiles, yes they are under his feet, this is evidence of the Roman Captian Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band. be it known that his LIFE is written in the BOOK of LIFE, yes, this Gentile who did not rebel or reject the word of God. for this Gospel must go into all the world. those who rebell will be trodden under foot of the Lord. I hope that helped you in the "trodden down". it's rebellious Jews and Gentiles, better known as unbelievers who will be trodden down.

now -as concerning the daily sacrifice, Christ put an end to that when he gave his life. and as for the temple it was desolated in 70 AD.

all those legal ceremonies, and the curse, supportive scripture, Galatians 3:13 "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree". THAT'S HIS REPROACH for us. that we might, as the apostle Peter said, 2 Peter 1:4 "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust".

see, JBF, God did everything for us, if one do not accept his offer of ETERNAL LIFE, then they are ETERNALLY without him, "outer darkness". this city.. New Jersulem, is our Inheritance we have been qualified to receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. The qualification is of Him, not from us. His death is effective with us through the eternal Spirit and that His entering into the holy of holies made a new "LIVING" way for us as the apostle Peter said, "be partakers of the divine nature", not of this creation (old), but of the new creation. Because of this, we should not expect a physical, material inheritance but a spiritual one. for all of this is done away with, "all things become NEW. so a building of a 3rd. 4th. or even a 5th. temple will do no one no good. the Inheritance of the saints is a Spiritual one an everlasting one.
yes if you loose your saviour, (jesus the Christ), yes, thenceforth good for nothing, no regard, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. THIS IS WHAT i LOVE, listen Matthew 5:14 "Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid". understand JBF if your light go out you can be rekindle... :D ain't God good. you cannot loose with God.

hoped that answered your questions.

PICJAG

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 4:20-21 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? [21] And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

1 Corinthians 5:6-8 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? [7] Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: [8] Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Which sanctuary shall God cleanse? ...purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump...neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness...

...and shall sit and rule upon his throne.
...and he shall be a priest upon his throne.

Colossians 3:14-15 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. [15] And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
...and shall be a priest upon his throne. Hebrews 10:21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
What is His House which does not fall?
1 Peter 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:20-22 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone ; [21] In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: [22] In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Which sanctuary shall be cleansed?

Well, it's obvious that you've been wrongly taught to create a whole other religion by destroying Scripture context, because none of what Apostle Paul taught negated the future return of our Lord Jesus to sit upon the literal throne of His father David, which is to take place on this earth...

Matt 25:31-34
31 When the Son of man shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory:
32 And before Him shall be gathered all nations: and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And He shall set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on His right hand, 'Come, ye blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
KJV

If you do not believe that is to take place 'literally', then you do not really believe what is written in God's Holy Writ, and that is like trying to create a whole other religion out of The Bible.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the response. you asked several question with a final one at the end, so we'll start with the Last one first.
the Son of Man is not trodden under anyone's feet, it's the rebellious people who by their murmurings, unbelief, and idolatry provoked God as was in the wilderness. the term "trodden under feet" convey the idea of treat or regard with contempt.
at the time of the Lord Jesus was walking on this earth, the Gentile nation of Rome had no regard for any Messiah who would be KING, nor did some of the Jews. even as now the one's who reject the Messiah, and disowned as their King, and still continue in their rebellion, even unto this day. supportive scripture,
Luke 19:11 "And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.

Luke 19:12 "He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

Luke 19:13 "And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

Luke 19:14 "But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us".

THESE ARE THE REBELLIOUS ONES WHO REJECTED THEIR "MESSIAH"/King then. and some still even today. the ones who regard the Lord Jesus with contempt. this can give you better understanding of the Kingdom of GOD in the parable of the ten pieces of money here in Luke.

now all thing has been put under his feet, but this, Psalms 110:1 and 1 Corinthians 15:25. Psalms 110:1 "A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool".

1 Corinthians 15:25 "For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

1 Corinthians 15:26 "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

1 Corinthians 15:27 "For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

1 Corinthians 15:28 "And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

see, we still have some rebels right now who reject the TRUTH of God. some by Igorance, others ... no excuse.
so all things are under his feet, and Psalms 110:1 is in effect even as we speak. and if you're in christ then all things are under your feet, (hence this GRACE PERIOD). as with the Gentiles, yes they are under his feet, this is evidence of the Roman Captian Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band. be it known that his LIFE is written in the BOOK of LIFE, yes, this Gentile who did not rebel or reject the word of God. for this Gospel must go into all the world. those who rebell will be trodden under foot of the Lord. I hope that helped you in the "trodden down". it's rebellious Jews and Gentiles, better known as unbelievers who will be trodden down.

now -as concerning the daily sacrifice, Christ put an end to that when he gave his life. and as for the temple it was desolated in 70 AD.

all those legal ceremonies, and the curse, supportive scripture, Galatians 3:13 "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree". THAT'S HIS REPROACH for us. that we might, as the apostle Peter said, 2 Peter 1:4 "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust".

see, JBF, God did everything for us, if one do not accept his offer of ETERNAL LIFE, then they are ETERNALLY without him, "outer darkness". this city.. New Jersulem, is our Inheritance we have been qualified to receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. The qualification is of Him, not from us. His death is effective with us through the eternal Spirit and that His entering into the holy of holies made a new "LIVING" way for us as the apostle Peter said, "be partakers of the divine nature", not of this creation (old), but of the new creation. Because of this, we should not expect a physical, material inheritance but a spiritual one. for all of this is done away with, "all things become NEW. so a building of a 3rd. 4th. or even a 5th. temple will do no one no good. the Inheritance of the saints is a Spiritual one an everlasting one.

yes if you loose your saviour, (jesus the Christ), yes, thenceforth good for nothing, no regard, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. THIS IS WHAT i LOVE, listen Matthew 5:14 "Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid". understand JBF if your light go out you can be rekindle... :D ain't God good. you cannot loose with God.

hoped that answered your questions.

PICJAG
Okay the building of a temple is not for those who have received Christ as their savior and are baptized....it is for the Jews who believe in prophesy that He will return and sit in His Holy Temple to reign....correct? They are working on it as we speak...the Jews are still expecting the Messiah to come for the 1st time.
I watched a tour of Jerusalem not to long ago and the guide was explaining the progress being made to complete it.
So I don't have any part of my salvation connected to what they are doing over there...I have already received Jesus...they haven't.