Revelation (Bible Study) Very time consuming subject - will take slowly.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and [a]communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John,

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him,

Jesus prays for his disciples in John 17:6 “I have revealed Your name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world; they were Yours and You gave them to Me, and they have followed Your word. 7 Now they have come to know that everything which You have given Me is from You; 8 for the words which You gave Me I have given to them; and they received them and truly understood that I came forth from You, and they believed that You sent Me. 9 I ask on their behalf; I do not ask on behalf of the world, but on the behalf of those whom You have given Me, because they are Yours; 10 and all things that are Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine; and I have been glorified in them. 11 I am no longer going to be in the world; and yet they themselves are in the world, and I am coming to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, so that they may be one just as We are. 12 While I was with them, I was keeping them in Your name, which You have given Me; and I guarded them, and not one of them perished except the [d]son of destruction, so that the Scripture would be fulfilled.

John the baptist stated John 3:32 32 What He has seen and heard, of this He testifies; and no one accepts His testimony.

Jesus said, in John 8:26 I have many things to say and to judge regarding you, but He who sent Me is true; and the things which I heard from Him, these I say to the world.”

Jesus also is founded saying, in John 12:49 49 For I did not speak [a]on My own, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him,

Jesus prays for his disciples in John 17:6 “I have revealed Your name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world; they were Yours and You gave them to Me, and they have followed Your word. 7 Now they have come to know that everything which You have given Me is from You; 8 for the words which You gave Me I have given to them; and they received them and truly understood that I came forth from You, and they believed that You sent Me. 9 I ask on their behalf; I do not ask on behalf of the world, but on the behalf of those whom You have given Me, because they are Yours; 10 and all things that are Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine; and I have been glorified in them. 11 I am no longer going to be in the world; and yet they themselves are in the world, and I am coming to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, so that they may be one just as We are. 12 While I was with them, I was keeping them in Your name, which You have given Me; and I guarded them, and not one of them perished except the [d]son of destruction, so that the Scripture would be fulfilled.

John the baptist stated John 3:32 32 What He has seen and heard, of this He testifies; and no one accepts His testimony.

Jesus said, in John 8:26 I have many things to say and to judge regarding you, but He who sent Me is true; and the things which I heard from Him, these I say to the world.”

Jesus also is founded saying, in John 12:49 49 For I did not speak [a]on My own, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.
The title Revelation is an unveiling, like the temple veil it was symbolic of people being separated from God. What was the significance of the temple veil being torn in two when Jesus died? | GotQuestions.org. The word Apokalypsis, is similar to the word apocalypse. Apokalypsis doesn't deal with the "destruction of the world," it is defined, as an unveiling, a showing, a revealing, disclosure. Many though really take that this book of Revelation does deal with the "destruction of the world at large," which is a common mistake.

In these verses above, you can see that John the baptist talked about how Jesus, has seen and heard, of this, he testifies, and no one accepts his testimony. Jesus says that he has many things to say and to judge regarding you (the people around him at the time who are disputing over who he is), but he who sent me is true, and the things which I heard from Him, these things I say to the world. Today Jesus Christ and his words have never passed away, and the world at large that comes in contact with Messiah is able to explore and look into the things regarding those whom he would end up judging. You also have Jesus say in the book of John in chapter 12, that he did not speak of his own accord; but the Father himself who sent him, has given me a commandment as to what to say and to what to speak.

It's very interesting to consider all of these things, and it all comes off half of the first verse.