Revival is not intellectual.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What your heart knows, the mind cannot discard, neither can the mind comprehend what is in the heart, and what the heart knows.

The heart and mind are both part of who we are. For example, is love of the heart or the mind, or both?
This just strikes me as psychobabble, The heart knows . . . the mind knows . . . are we into romance novels now?

Scriptural terminology used in context of Scriptural truths will cut through the confusion.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is also the renewing of the heart.
Scripture please. Except I know you cannot. So why not stick with what is actually written?

Learn to think in the terms Scripture uses, and much confusion can be avoided.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. (Matthew 13:15)

This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. (Matthew 15:8)

These two verses show the Problem with the heart.... Notice "understand with their heart" and how their "heart is far from me", speaking of the Jews who had all the Knowledge of Scriptures one could expect or desire. So this shows the heart is different from the mind, and understanding of the heart is different from knowledge in the mind.

The cross and Christ Jesus brings redemption to the heart of man which is "deceitfully wicked". Romans 2:29 says: "but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God."

So the heart goes from Deceitfully wicked, to a "Pure heart" Over the life of the believer. It is the Word of God that exposes the intents of the Heart, (Hebrews 4:12)
The Word of God and the Spirit at work in the believer sanctifies the heart.... (John 17:17, 1 Peter 1:2)

It is the heart from where our passions come from, good or evil, from a wicked heart or a pure heart. if there is no heart transformation then The Gospel of Christ is of none effect in your life, this transformation begins With faith and ends with Charity/Agape (1 Peter 1:5-8)

Charity comes from a transformed Heart, and is the more excellent way that Paul alludes to ( 1 Corinthians 12:31). and the more saintly way than that of the gifts of the spirit (1 Corinthians 12), which we come to as Believers when we reach the fullness of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-16) As in the perfecting of the saints (Ephesians 4:12).... Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: (Ephesians 4:13)

You see, you cannot love one another as Christ loved us, Until your heart is renewed, thus you cannot Obey his new commandment (John 13:34) Agape Love is God's love perfected in us (1 John 2:5, 1 John 4:12) When we go from a heart of stone to a heart of flesh, we then.... "are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." (2 Corinthians 3:18) I suggest you read 2 Corinthians 3 in its entirety, even then this must be understood with the heart and not the mind.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. (Matthew 13:15)

This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. (Matthew 15:8)

These two verses show the Problem with the heart.... Notice "understand with their heart" and how their "heart is far from me", speaking of the Jews who had all the Knowledge of Scriptures one could expect or desire. So this shows the heart is different from the mind, and understanding of the heart is different from knowledge in the mind.

The cross and Christ Jesus brings redemption to the heart of man which is "deceitfully wicked". Romans 2:29 says: "but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God."

So the heart goes from Deceitfully wicked, to a "Pure heart" Over the life of the believer. It is the Word of God that exposes the intents of the Heart, (Hebrews 4:12)
The Word of God and the Spirit at work in the believer sanctifies the heart.... (John 17:17, 1 Peter 1:2)

It is the heart from where our passions come from, good or evil, from a wicked heart or a pure heart. if there is no heart transformation then The Gospel of Christ is of none effect in your life, this transformation begins With faith and ends with Charity/Agape (1 Peter 1:5-8)

Charity comes from a transformed Heart, and is the more excellent way that Paul alludes to ( 1 Corinthians 12:31). and the more saintly way than that of the gifts of the spirit (1 Corinthians 12), which we come to as Believers when we reach the fullness of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-16) As in the perfecting of the saints (Ephesians 4:12).... Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: (Ephesians 4:13)

You see, you cannot love one another as Christ loved us, Until your heart is renewed, thus you cannot Obey his new commandment (John 13:34) Agape Love is God's love perfected in us (1 John 2:5, 1 John 4:12) When we go from a heart of stone to a heart of flesh, we then.... "are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." (2 Corinthians 3:18) I suggest you read 2 Corinthians 3 in its entirety, even then this must be understood with the heart and not the mind.
You mean like this?
Blocks+of+rejection+and+rebellion+%E2%96%BC+AF+Sadness+Hostility+Self-pity.jpg

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This was the condition of my heart years after I was born-again. This is the carnal nature. I went to a 5-day retreat where God matured me 5 years.
It was a week of supernatural occurrences (signs and wonders), where I broke ancestral curses on me, and got delivered from the oppression (not possession) of many demons.
It was when I started walking out Luke 9:23.
I love being in God's river of revival; it eases the discomfort of the fire I walk through daily.

Reactions: David H.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From John 3:16 to 1 John 3:16, From believer to saint, the redemption of fallen mankind.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

God's redemption plan begins with giving us life eternal by His Grace, which means the soul is redeemed when we receive the Gospel. As Believers then we are children of the faith, requiring the milk of doctrine (Hebrews 5:12-14) That will lead to the renewing of our mind (Romans 12:2). When we have been fed the milk of doctrine, our mind is renewed, we become "Young men" of the faith, where we can discern the wicked one, and we begin to digest the meat of the word, the meat is where the gifts of the Spirit in men teach us, preach to us, prophesy to us and minister to us. The meat of the word transform the heart of man over time getting to the motives of the heart, whether pride, conceit, envy, etc. and they are transformed into those of a pure heart. The heart transformation leads us to become elders/ fathers of the faith, as God's love is perfected in us. This is the more excellent way of that Paul speaks of in 1 Corinthians 13 this is the church of the saints, when we are in the fullness of Christ.

Pentecostalism as a reaction to the intellectualism of fundamentalism took that first step from children to young men, Now this Laodicean church must take the next step of transforming the heart with the meat of the word, in to the saints of the end times. Where Agape Love is the mark of the saint in the fulness of Christ. The saint stands in the gap and makes their life a living sacrifice and a testimony of the work of the Holy Spirit in their lives.

If You look at the 9 beatitudes in the sermon on the mount, They can be divided into three sets of three each describing these three stages of our faith and walk with Christ. The last three are the realm of the saintly sacrifice, the course of the race being finished as Paul writes of. Agape Love at first is a peacemaker, Then they are persecuted for righteousness, and claiming they are better than others, which leads to them being reviled and falsely accused of all manner of evil, and even being put to death for the Word of God which is in them, and they willingly lay down their lives for the brethren.

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. ( 1 John 3:16)

Last edited:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I see it like this: in '94, God showed me His love for me. I responded by loving Him back. An overflow of this love is to love others and help in anyway I can.
I'm in pain constantly and can get belligerent if someone comes at me. Thank God that things get worked out. I'm growing. I guess we've got to be tolerant with each other, love, and when required, forgive.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see it like this: in '94, God showed me His love for me. I responded by loving Him back. An overflow of this love is to love others and help in anyway I can.
I'm in pain constantly and can get belligerent if someone comes at me. Thank God that things get worked out. I'm growing. I guess we've got to be tolerant with each other, love, and when required, forgive.

In all the craziness of the Pentecostal movement and the lavishness and the celebrity, what is being exposed is the motives of the heart in man. Only when they are exposed can they be transformed. The Pride of pedestal, the envy of wealth and prosperity, the loftiness of office (Nicolaitanism), the desire for Power (gifts of the Spirit sought for self aggrandizement). The final revival, the latter rain is the move of God by his presence to transform the heart in those who hunger and thirst for His righteousness. His Presence, then will not be a "rare event" of revivals of the Past but he will become "God with us" Emmanuel, as we will live in His fulness.
It is not that this journey and course was not available to believers throughout the church history, But now this will be a church wide journey and course. Throughout church history each individual was able to take this sojourn as was the case with the Pilgrims Progress, but now the whole body will take this journey corporately. This is the exodus of the church from the world and 1260 days in the wilderness is how long it takes. Like a tsunami, we too will move mountains....

God Bless.

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In all the craziness of the Pentecostal movement and the lavishness and the celebrity, what is being exposed is the motives of the heart in man. Only when they are exposed can they be transformed. The Pride of pedestal, the envy of wealth and prosperity, the loftiness of office (Nicolaitanism), the desire for Power (gifts of the Spirit sought for self aggrandizement). The final revival, the latter rain is the move of God by his presence to transform the heart in those who hunger and thirst for His righteousness. His Presence, then will not be a "rare event" of revivals of the Past but he will become "God with us" Emmanuel, as we will live in His fulness.
It is not that this journey and course was not available to believers throughout the church history, But now this will be a church wide journey and course. Throughout church history each individual was able to take this sojourn as was the case with the Pilgrims Progress, but now the whole body will take this journey corporately. This is the exodus of the church from the world and 1260 days in the wilderness is how long it takes. Like a tsunami, we too will move mountains....

God Bless.
Amen and amen!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sad thing is . . . even in the midst of those who are just calling names, still some have a real mental illness, and can become irrational, and out of control.

Out of control behavior is something that alerts me to someone.

Much love!
This behavior i do next has naught to do with mental illness , but rather THE JOY of the Glorious LORD .
Are you ready to see it mark ......
here it is , LET the GLORIOUS LORD BE CONTINUOUSLY PRAISED and THANKED . Let our minds be always above on HIM .
That aint insanity , ITS TRUTH . March onward my friends . Its LORD praising TIME in the house . SO lift those hands up
and let the KING of our salvation be praised .

Reactions: marks

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is speak of making atonement, in the First Covenant, with Israel at Mount Horeb.

Are you saying the Covenant of Law brought rebirth to the one who offered a sacrifice? Why then would they need to continue to offer sacrifices?

Much love!
Thats right only FAITH in JESUS , the BLOOD of JESUS can cause rebirth in a man or woman . The lambs have been sprinkled
with the heavenly sacrifices of JESUS HIMSELF . CLING TO THE GLORIOUS LORD till the last and final breath .
the blood of bulls and of goats could only cleanse as pertaining to the flesh and they had to be done again every year .
But the GLORIOUS BLOOD o the PERFECT ONE , who FREELY gave up HIS life , that reaches to the CONSCIOUS . OH yes it does .
Changing the heart of those who are HIS . Let all that draws breath arise and praise the glorious LORD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. . .of the same mind.

Renewing the mind.

Much love!
Be of the same mind . On sound doctrine , on the things of the Lord . Let nothing be done in vain strife and self glory .
I told ya paul was not a man of todays unity , HIS UNITY really was JESUS CENTERED . HE would accept no other kind of unity .
TIME the churches come back to THE TRUE UNITY and not the end time false unity which has taken over almost every church
known to man now . Our unity must be on the things of GOD . The words and teachings of JESUS .
IN fact i want us to start marking the real ones that cause real divisions mark and avoid them if they wont repent . YOU know , those who would teach things CONTRARY to sound doctrine .
Let us be of the same mind , the MIND OF CHRIST . OF truth of all his wonderous teachings and the apostels teachings .
And if any one comes and brings this other all inclusive gospel , DONT Even let them in your house
Dont even bid them godspeed for he who does such a thing is partaker of their evil deeds .
In other words , WARNABROTHER , dont just let a brother die in his sin and in his lie .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tis time and its high time for us to get in those bibles and sup up every word of glorious Truth .
And let the glorious LORD be praised .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This behavior i do next has naught to do with mental illness , but rather THE JOY of the Glorious LORD .
Are you ready to see it mark ......
here it is , LET the GLORIOUS LORD BE CONTINUOUSLY PRAISED and THANKED . Let our minds be always above on HIM .
That aint insanity , ITS TRUTH . March onward my friends . Its LORD praising TIME in the house . SO lift those hands up
and let the KING of our salvation be praised .
That's a return to sanity!

:)

Reactions: amigo de christo