Romans 4:1-8 interpretation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Romans 4
What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

Because If Abraham were justified by the works of the law, he hath whereof to boast; but not before God.

Because what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for godliness.

Now to him that works the works of the law is the reward of eternal life not reckoned of mercy, but of debt, which is to say, he is a debtor to do the whole law and not offend in one point. .

But to him that works not the works of the law, but believeth on Jesus that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for godliness.

Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth godliness without the works of the law,

Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin: which is by the law.

John 8:39 King James Version (KJV)
39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

Galatians 3:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Last edited:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you have something to say please say it.
Just posting scripture doesn't help anyone I'm assuming God gave you those scriptures for a reason, that you are not plucking scripture at random.

Reactions: Giuliano

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you have something to say please say it.
Just posting scripture doesn't help anyone I'm assuming God gave you those scriptures for a reason, that you are not plucking scripture at random.
Romans 4 verse 1 to 8 I have made known to you by Jesus. The scriptures below it confirm that truth, that the work of Abraham was by faith and those that do this work are the children of Abraham.

Righteousness is referring to godliness.

Last edited:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Romans 4 verse 1 to 8 I have made known to you by Jesus. The scriptures below it confirm that truth, that the work of Abraham was by faith and those that do this work are the children of Abraham.

Righteousness is referring to godliness.
A rather pointless distinction as Jesus has given us the right to be Sons of God.