• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is how corrupt, proud, and lost this generation is. They despise the “sinless perfectionist”.

“The shew of their face doth witness against them; and they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul! for they have rewarded evil unto themselves. Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.” (Isaiah 3:9-10)

Keep declaring you are a sinner, bud…

Despite what the Bible says.

:hmhehm
(Romans 6:22) However, now, because YOU were set free from sin but became slaves to God, YOU are having YOUR fruit in the way of holiness, and the end everlasting life.

(Romans 8:15) For YOU did not receive a spirit of slavery causing fear again, but YOU received a spirit of adoption as sons, by which spirit we cry out: “Abba, Father!”

(Romans 3:23) . . .For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I rebutted you with the Bible!

But since you have invalidated the Bible, when I quote the Bible, it’s automatically ignored out of hand by you and you friends.
That's a blatant lie, but I'm not surprised. You need to search the scriptures like a good Berean and not like a crafty lawyer.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn’t like post # 207 @mailmandan ???

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.” (John 1:29)

Where did Christ put my sins then?

I still have them after believing in him?

Please explain this debacle…
He put them on his body, and shed his blood for them

Thats why the author of hebrews said he perfected forever those BEING sanctified

If you are born again, You are being sanctified. if you think you are already mature in christ and have no sin, You block God from being able to grow you to be like him.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is about the pride of thinking your perfect and have no sin.
He put them on his body, and shed his blood for them

So then why do you say that I have sin then?

Didn’t Christ take them away?

Explain this debacle…

And why would “sanctification” be needed if my sins have been taken away and I now walk in the Spirit where sin cannot manifest itself?

“Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.” (Galatians 5:16)

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then why do you say that have sin then?

Didn’t Christ take them away?

Explain this debacle…

And why would “sanctification” be needed if my sins have been taken away and I now walk in the Spirit where sin cannot manifest itself?

“Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.” (Galatians 5:16)
So you have never sinned your whole entire life?

Explain it to me, What did Christ do with all the sin you committed then? And remember, Christ died 2000 years before you were born..

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you have never sinned your whole entire life?

Of course not!!!

I was a filthy sinner headed to the lake of fire!

But then the word of God changed my life when I believed every word of it!

What did Christ do with all the sin you committed then?

He took them away never to be seen ever again for ever and ever.

And now I love my Lord Jesus Christ!

And keep his commandments:

“If ye love me, keep my commandments.” (John 14:15)

Because:

“He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.” (1 John 2:4)

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn’t like post # 207 @mailmandan ???

Don't like your out of context, scripture twisting, flawed method of hermeneutics.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Where does the scripture tell us about this “hermanuticals” jibberish?

Oh, you probably read a COMMENTARY that taught about this cryptic practice to place yourself above the common man.

Chkl:
2Co 4:1 Therefore, having this ministry by the mercy of God, we do not lose heart.

2Co 4:2 But we have renounced disgraceful, underhanded ways. We refuse to practice cunning or to tamper with God's word, but by the open statement of the truth we would commend ourselves to everyone's conscience in the sight of God.

2Co 4:3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.

2Co 4:4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

2Co 4:5 For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake.

2Co 4:6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
Joh 8:41 You are doing the works your father did.” They said to him, “We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father—even God.”

Joh 8:42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me.

Joh 8:43 Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word.

Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Joh 8:45 But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me.

Joh 8:46 Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me?

Joh 8:47 Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.”

Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

Isa 14:17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Isa 14:18 All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.

Isa 14:19 But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.

Isa 14:20 Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.

Pro 16:17 The highway of the upright is to depart from evil: he that keepeth his way preserveth his soul.

Pro 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Pro 16:19 Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

Reactions: mailmandan

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course not!!!

I was a filthy sinner headed to the lake of fire!

But then the word of God changed my life when I believed every word of it!

Ahhh

So what did jesus do wtih that sin (your question)

the same thing he has done, is doing and will do to all your sin if you are his child..
He took them away never to be seen ever again for ever and ever.

And now I love my Lord Jesus Christ!

And keep his commandments:

“If ye love me, keep my commandments.” (John 14:15)

Because:

“He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.” (1 John 2:4)
never to be seen, He did that 2000 years ago. all your sin, past present and future

You are not born again mature in all things unable to sin.

The fact is, every time you act like a pharisee proclamaiming how great and sinless you are. you are adding to your sins against God. WILLFULLY at that