Romans Chapter 11

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy Seems to be referring to the Lord's Supper. In Luke 22, the last passover becomes the first Lord's Supper.

1Co 11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
1Co 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.
1Co 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

1Co 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
1Co 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
1Co 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
1Co 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

The night Jesus was betrayed was Passover.
Am I missing something?
HUGS

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is Prophetic. Prophetic language is in symbolism. The woman my dear represents God's people. The 3.5 years is also symbolism. This symbolism is repeated in various forms all representing the same period/time frame....ie, 42 mths...1260 days..... easy to figure out.....30 days per month, how many months in 3.5 yrs = 42 mths, how many days in 42 mths = 1260 days. To interpret this is not difficult but it requires acknowledgement of the principle stated below.

Days in prophetic time equal years in real time; for instance, 40 days of the spies in Cannan = 40 yrs real time wandering in the wilderness. There are many other examples to underpin this.

To take symbolism and make it literal is a violation of prophetic principle. To use that which is designated as symbol and make it literal is very poor exegesis and opens the door to chop and change interpretation willy nilly which is what you have applied in you post. The sum being is the interpretation is invalid.

Who do you think are the "other offspring"

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To me then this rapture would be when ones eyes open to the realization of Christ in you.
That you are no longer living your way but he lives his life in you, his way.
I also thought the clouds always meant like a throng of witnesses..
He comes with crowds.. like when he came to Jerusalem on Palm Sunday and they all laid palm leaves before the as.. donkey he was riding on.
Funny how there are so many different interpretations, and yet we all read the same book.
I guess it has to do with the ears and the hearing..
Mine still have some wax.. so..
I'm willing to listen..
Thank You
HUGS
The account in Acts 1:9-11 tells the story. 'This same Jesus who was taken up from you into Heaven will come in like manner as you have seen him go into heaven.....check the record!...he was taken and a cloud received him out of their sight. Be it literal or be it a cloud of angels the account of his return is described in the same way. He will come with the whole angelic host in the glory of his Father and all the tribes of the earth will mourn when they see him coming on the clouds of heaven. Jesus refers to this event at his trial.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Passover referred to Egypt on the night they were spared from the death angel due to the lamb's blood on the door posts, and the Lord's Supper was instituted to remember the true lamb, Jesus and His body and blood shed for us. We are to keep the Lord's Supper, not the Passover. Jesus fulfilled the hidden meaning behind the Passover.
I don't see where something New was instituted.
He was showing them I am the passover lamb and have come to fulfil that prophecy.
And he said you do show my death until I come..
Jesus came on Ressurection day.
I don't see another..
Will he die again and rise again.. no
The death is ours and he rises in us.. the day star in our hearts.

2Pe 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
2Pe 1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
2Pe 1:18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
2Pe 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is Prophetic. Prophetic language is in symbolism. The woman my dear represents God's people. The 3.5 years is also symbolism. This symbolism is repeated in various forms all representing the same period/time frame....ie, 42 mths...1260 days..... easy to figure out.....30 days per month, how many months in 3.5 yrs = 42 mths, how many days in 42 mths = 1260 days. To interpret this is not difficult but it requires acknowledgement of the principle stated below.

Days in prophetic time equal years in real time; for instance, 40 days of the spies in Cannan = 40 yrs real time wandering in the wilderness. There are many other examples to underpin this.

To take symbolism and make it literal is a violation of prophetic principle. To use that which is designated as symbol and make it literal is very poor exegesis and opens the door to chop and change interpretation willy nilly which is what you have applied in you post. The sum being is the interpretation is invalid.

Did you know that some Adventists turn the 1260 days into 1260 years? Do they in Australia?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see where something New was instituted.

Oh, I think it is quite clear. The Passover was even before the first Covenant, and the giving of the Ten Commandments.

1 Corinthians 11:
23 For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; 24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” 25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.”

26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I think it is quite clear. The Passover was even before the first Covenant, and the giving of the Ten Commandments.

1 Corinthians 11:
23 For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; 24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” 25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.”

26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes.
And what does the Bread and Wine represent?
And what does this have to do with Romans Chapter 11??

did we get off track.. ?
HUGS

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did you know that some Adventists turn the 1260 days into 1260 years? Do they in Australia?
A day in prophecy represents a year in real time. That principle is sound. I know Adventists use this principle. It is correct.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Life from the dead...
would this be the Jews first ressurection?
And how many ressurections are there?

HUGS

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Life from the dead...

HUGS
there are two resurrections. The first is for the righteous when Jesus returns, the second for the wicked after the millennium.

Reactions: Ziggy

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Life from the dead...

HUGS

No, I think it means "salvation." Or coming into Christ's Church/Bride.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Creation was 6 days and one of rest ie, 7 days. Creation was not Prophetic.

The difference between prophetic time and real time are specifics, and the law of first usage. Evening and morning was a 24 hour period, thus 2300 evenings and mornings are 2300 literal 24 hour days. That is the whole reason it DOESN'T just say 2300 days, but brought us back to the first usage in creation week.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there are two resurrections. The first is for the righteous when Jesus returns, the second for the wicked after the millennium.

I was looking at that in Revelation, and I was surprised to see that the first resurrection were of martyrs only. The second resurrection after the 1000 years could have been for all others, and the Christians would have had their names written in the Book of Life, and the wicked's names would have been blotted out.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I'm just not there yet.
The day I was baptised, I died. The Holy Spirit came and resided in me and made me alive in Christ.
I know God. And this "knowing" is eternal life. And this "knowing" lives in me.
I have passed from not knowing God (death) to knowing God (life)
From henceforth I will never die.
For it is no longer I that liveth, but Christ liveth in me.
My body will die, but my Spirit will return to my creator.

This is how I understand it.
I heard all kinds of things, but this, this.. solid as a rock.
The world is seeking a sign..
And even though my body is in the world, I don't chase after wordly things..
My heart and mind are no longer concerned with the doings of the world.
I see it, I watch it, but I don't follow it..
I did up until about 2 weeks ago.. but there was a shift in my perspective.
And I don't see things the way I used to..
it's like I got my head in the clouds.. ;)

HUGS

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I'm just not there yet.
The day I was baptised, I died. The Holy Spirit came and resided in me and made me alive in Christ.
I know God. And this "knowing" is eternal life. And this "knowing" lives in me.
I have passed from not knowing God (death) to knowing God (life)
From henceforth I will never die.
For it is no longer I that liveth, but Christ liveth in me.
My body will die, but my Spirit will return to my creator.

This is how I understand it.
I heard all kinds of things, but this, this.. solid as a rock.
The world is seeking a sign..
And even though my body is in the world, I don't chase after wordly things..
My heart and mind are no longer concerned with the doings of the world.
I see it, I watch it, but I don't follow it..
I did up until about 2 weeks ago.. but there was a shift in my perspective.
And I don't see things the way I used to..
it's like I got my head in the clouds.. ;)

HUGS

Our bodies will die, yes, but at the second coming when those bodies are raised in the resurrection, they will be changed and put on immortality to match that of our soul and spirit. 1 Cor. 15.