Romans Chapter 11

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To me then this rapture would be when ones eyes open to the realization of Christ in you.
You will need to take some time to carefully study the Resurrection/Rapture of the Church. Your statement above does not reflect the truth about the Rapture. The Resurrection/Rapture is essentially the completion of the process of salvation unto glorification.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I know my posts are a bit cryptic. This is what is unfolding as I snatch snippets of time to read and type today....3 loads of washing....hung out and gathered after drying. Prep and paint a bed...undercoat & top coat.....waiting for the reassembly hopefully tonight otherwise I sleep on the floor......the weathers warm, gotta move quick. Repair of burst water pipe.....mop floors.....move sprinklers on lawn.....

As you can see it's all beer and skittles in the tropics today......except, there's no beer and no skittles :)

Reactions: Ziggy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How did you miss this major portion of Romans 11?

ROMANS 11: THE RESTORATION OF NATIONAL ISRAEL
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: [Note: The Deliverer is Christ Himself, who will deliver Zion (Jerusalem) from the Antichrist at the battle of Armageddon]
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. [Note: study Ezekiel to understand this, when God regenerates believing Israel]
28 As concerning the Gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. [Note: this is a reference to the Abrahamic Covenant. The "fathers" are the patriarchs Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and that covenant was reiterated to each one]
29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. [Note: this confirms that the Abrahamic Covenant must be fulfilled totally]
30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
[Note: "upon all" means all Jews will be gathered to Israel after the Second Coming of Christ. However, not all will believe on Him even though mercy is extended to all]
33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?
35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?
36 For of him, and through him, and to him,
are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
Emphasis on national Israel is a misplaced emphasis. It has one looking at earthly things.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no word "Rapture" in the Bible though...

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The closest I can come is Ephesians chapter 4

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

How we supposed to have this rapture when the whole body is not unified?

whole body includes both Jew and Gentile, all people of faith....

He is coming for his Bride right?
What's that supposed to look like?

How close do you think we are?
How close do you really think we are?

just saying..
HUGS

Reactions: amadeus

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Emphasis on national Israel is a misplaced emphasis. It has one looking at earthly things.
Those "earthly things" will be as important after the Second Coming of Christ as the heavenly things.

Or do you not believe that Christ will LITERALLY establish His visible, tangible, physical (and spiritual) Kingdom on earth in the future? If you don't believe that, they you still do not fully believe the Bible.

DANIEL'S VISION OF CHRIST'S EARTHLY KINGDOM (Daniel 7)
13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of Man [Christ] came with the clouds of heaven [all the saints and angels], and came to the Ancient of Days [God the Father], and they brought Him [Christ] near before Him. 14 And there was given Him [Christ] dominion, and glory, and a Kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and His Kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

"all people, nations, and languages" are on earth, and will be on earth at the Second Coming of Christ, and thereafter.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no word "Rapture" in the Bible though...

726. harpazó ...is it the same word for ‘snatch’ from the fire in
Jude 1:23 Lexicon: save others, snatching them out of the fire; and on some have mercy with fear, hating even the garment polluted by the flesh.

Strong's Greek: 726. ἁρπάζω (harpazó) -- to seize, catch up, snatch away

2 Corinthians 12:2 V-APP-AMS
GRK: θεὸς οἶδεν ἁρπαγέντα τὸν τοιοῦτον
NAS: such a man was caught up to the third
KJV: such an one caught up to
INT: God knows having been caught up such a one

2 Corinthians 12:4 V-AIP-3S
GRK: ὅτι ἡρπάγη εἰς τὸν
NAS: was caught up into Paradise and heard
KJV: How that he was caught up into
INT: that he was caught up to

1 Thessalonians 4:17 V-FIP-1P
GRK: σὺν αὐτοῖς ἁρπαγησόμεθα ἐν νεφέλαις
NAS: and remain will be caught up together
KJV: [and] remain shall be caught up together
INT: with them will be caught away in [the] clouds

Jude 1:23 V-PPA-NMP
GRK: ἐκ πυρὸς ἁρπάζοντες οὓς δὲ
NAS: save others, snatching them out of the fire;
KJV: fear, pulling [them] out of
INT: out of fire snatching [them] others moreover

Revelation 12:5 V-AIP-3S
GRK: σιδηρᾷ καὶ ἡρπάσθη τὸ τέκνον
NAS: and her child was caught up to God
KJV: her child was caught up unto God,
INT: iron and was caught away the child

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation tells the same story several times using different imagery. To read Revelation as a continual unfolding of different events has given birth to the bizarre and varied interpretations that exist. This happens because the prophetic principle....that, primarily of time, is violated.

How does this relate to my post?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

This is my covenant with them.. I shall take away their sins.

Is this the Old covenant or the New Covenant?

New Covenant

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bingo!

Zechariah 14:1-12 (NKJV)
1 Behold, the day of the LORD is coming, ...
2 For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem; ...
3 Then the LORD will go forth And fight against those nations, As He fights in the day of battle.
4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, Which faces Jerusalem on the east. ...
12 And this shall be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths.

Zechariah is a great book to study along with Revelation.

Reactions: kcnalp

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Those "earthly things" will be as important after the Second Coming of Christ as the heavenly things.

Or do you not believe that Christ will LITERALLY establish His visible, tangible, physical (and spiritual) Kingdom on earth in the future? If you don't believe that, they you still do not fully believe the Bible.

DANIEL'S VISION OF CHRIST'S EARTHLY KINGDOM (Daniel 7)
13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of Man [Christ] came with the clouds of heaven [all the saints and angels], and came to the Ancient of Days [God the Father], and they brought Him [Christ] near before Him. 14 And there was given Him [Christ] dominion, and glory, and a Kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and His Kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

"all people, nations, and languages" are on earth, and will be on earth at the Second Coming of Christ, and thereafter.
When Jesus returns Enoch, that will be 'the end of the world' so to speak. All his people from all ages (the saints) from Adam through to the present that have died in hope will be resurrected ....together with the living believers they will be changed from corruptible to incorruptible, from mortal to immortal and caught up together to meet Jesus in the air.

The remainder of the living (the wicked) will die of fright, their hearts failing them for fear as they see with their own eyes what they will have recently mocked. The earth will be full of dead people. Its surface broken and polluted will be the prison for Satan and his angels for 1000 yrs to contemplate the outcome of his rebellion. There will be no people to tempt. Everything will be dead.
Rev.20:1-4 till the wicked are resurrected Rev.20:7-8......and later destroyed with Satan.

During that 1000 yrs the saints will be with Jesus in Heaven. Rev.20:4-6

The scriptures you refer to as Christ's Earthly Kingdom in Daniel are references after the Earth is recreated as spoken of in Rev.21
There will be nothing that causes offence.....sin and sinners will have been destroyed.
The old order of things will have passed away. Rev.21:1-8

There is much more detail at every juncture but for the purposes of this post this is sufficient.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Religion was once a largely ethnic practice.
Jews practiced Judaism
Asian practiced Buddhism/Confucius.
Romans had Hellenism.
Hindus had a billion gods.

So the Romans naturally would think that they could not have an identity in Christ. They weren't Jewish.
And
God had showed favoritism towards Israel throughout history.

And Paul was explaining that it was still for the Whole world.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It relates to your eschatology. My guess is you read the prophetic writings chronologically when they are not written to be read chronologically.
Do you understand or no?

Yes, I know that, but I read context in Daniel. It directly applies to the particular prophecy involved, which is why chapter 8 is about Greece in BC, but Daniel 7 before it has to do with end times. Revelation is out of order in places as well.