Rome vs Melchizedek

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marymog said:
Hi Stranger,

I don't know the proper protocol on this but I hope you don't mind me just quoting part of your post that doesn't make sense to me.

I don't understand how there can be, according to you, one true universal church that is made up of all who are born-again and that church is represented on earth by all believers?

Surely you know that "all believers" don't all believe the same thing. That is why there are so many divisions within Christianity.

How can we all be, according to you, one true universal church if we all believe different things? Is that not an oxymoron?

Mary
All believers must believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and they come to Him in faith, believing, for their salvation. And they at that time, are born-again. And only those that believe are born again.

You can have differences in doctrine in many areas yet still believe this. And so all Christian Churches have believers in them. And they have people in them who don't believe this yet still attend the church.

But that Church of Christ is composed of all believers no matter what church or denomination they are in, who believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and their Lord and Saviour.

No, it is not an oxymoron because all that is required of Christ's true Church is that faith in Him as the Son of God and Saviour. That is all that is required....but that is required.

Stranger

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
All believers must believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and they come to Him in faith, believing, for their salvation. And they at that time, are born-again. And only those that believe are born again.

You can have differences in doctrine in many areas yet still believe this. And so all Christian Churches have believers in them. And they have people in them who don't believe this yet still attend the church.

But that Church of Christ is composed of all believers no matter what church or denomination they are in, who believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and their Lord and Saviour.

No, it is not an oxymoron because all that is required of Christ's true Church is that faith in Him as the Son of God and Saviour. That is all that is required....but that is required.

Stranger
Dear Stranger,

All Christians (should) agree with you that all believers must believe that Jesus is the son of God and we must have faith in him. Everyone should believe that.

And you and I defiantly agree that there are some that teach a different doctrine. Isn't that why there is so much divisions in Christianity? Because of different doctrines.

But scripture tells us to stop teaching a different doctrine which is contrary to what you just said to me ("You can have differences in doctrine in many areas"). According to scripture we CAN'T have different doctrines which is opposite of what you just told me. It continues to say we are to turn away from fables and endless genealogies because these activities just cause more arguments and confusion. (1 Timothy1)

If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain (1 Timothy 6).We are to hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it (Titus 1:9)

Scripture says different then what you just wrote me.

So let's pretend you are right and scripture is wrong.

Who's doctrine should I follow?

I don't know much about doctrines of different churches but I know that God wants us all to believe and teach the same thing to show unity in his word.

Mary

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marymog said:
Dear Stranger,

All Christians (should) agree with you that all believers must believe that Jesus is the son of God and we must have faith in him. Everyone should believe that.

And you and I defiantly agree that there are some that teach a different doctrine. Isn't that why there is so much divisions in Christianity? Because of different doctrines.

But scripture tells us to stop teaching a different doctrine which is contrary to what you just said to me ("You can have differences in doctrine in many areas"). According to scripture we CAN'T have different doctrines which is opposite of what you just told me. It continues to say we are to turn away from fables and endless genealogies because these activities just cause more arguments and confusion. (1 Timothy1)

If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain (1 Timothy 6).We are to hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it (Titus 1:9)

Scripture says different then what you just wrote me.

So let's pretend you are right and scripture is wrong.

Who's doctrine should I follow?

I don't know much about doctrines of different churches but I know that God wants us all to believe and teach the same thing to show unity in his word.

Mary
If there are others that teach a different doctrine that Jesus Christ is not the Son of God and the Saviour, then they are not Christian.

You can be Christian and have different views of baptism, the resurrections, the Second Coming, the millennium, etc, etc.

If Scripture says different than what I have said, then show me. Let's pretend you are right, and I am wrong. Show me where.

If you don't know much about doctrines of other believers than how can you know you are right, which you posture yourself to be.

Unity based on 'truth'. Not unity based on 'unity'.

Stranger

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
If there are others that teach a different doctrine that Jesus Christ is not the Son of God and the Saviour, then they are not Christian.

You can be Christian and have different views of baptism, the resurrections, the Second Coming, the millennium, etc, etc.

If Scripture says different than what I have said, then show me. Let's pretend you are right, and I am wrong. Show me where.

If you don't know much about doctrines of other believers than how can you know you are right, which you posture yourself to be.

Unity based on 'truth'. Not unity based on 'unity'.

Stranger
Yes Stranger, I agree with you if anyone teaches or has a doctrine that Jesus is not the Son of God and the Savior, then they are not Christian.

You wrote that you can be Christian and have different "views" of baptism. You can have a different VIEW of it, but Scripture says that baptism is not left up to your personal view. Baptism should be a "doctrine" of a true Christian church, not a view as you seem to believe.

The reason it should be a doctrine is because scripture says it saves you (1 Peter 3:21), and to be baptized for the forgiveness of your sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38), and be baptized, and wash away your sins (Acts 22:16), and when Jesus also had been baptized and was praying, the heavens were opened, and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form (Luke 3:21-22), no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit (John 3:5).

As I have shown you Scripture says Baptism is necessary for your salvation. Therefor it has to be a doctrine, not an opinion or personal view. If it is not a doctrine in the church you attend you should question the elders of your church. (A doctrine is a belief or set of beliefs held and taught by a church)

Anything that saves you can't be a view or opinion. Baptism is not left open to opinion. When Scripture says something saves you (faith, belief in Jesus, baptism etc) it is not an opinion.

Hope that helps you on your walk toward Jesus and the truth in Scripture.

Mary

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
I didn't say anything about a pre-trib rapture in post #293. I said 'you acknowledge a rapture where believers meet the Lord in the air'. Correct? So, do you?

How do you identify the faithful at the Second Coming of Christ as meeting Him in the air, when at the Second Coming He comes back to earth. And at the Second Coming when Christ divides the goat and sheep nations on the earth to enter the kingdom. They are not 'in the air'.

Sorry, but I am in the Catholic Church. That is the universal Church of Jesus Christ. I am just not Roman Catholic. And, by the way, even your 'Roman Church' sees me as part of the Church. Correct? So, who are you to tell me I am not part of the Catholic Church?

Again, is (2 Cor. 5:10) a judgment of rewards or not? Is (1Cor.3:11-15) a judgment of rewards or not? How is this 'purgatory' when it is works that are burned and not the believer?

Again, if the Great White Throne Judgment is the 'General judgment' what is the judgment that took place 1000 years before. (Rev. 20:4-6) And if the Great White Throne judgment doesn't take place on heaven or earth, (Rev. 20:11), what is the judgment in the air of (1Cor.3 and 5). And, what is the judgment of the sheep and goat nations on the earth. (Matt. 25:32)

Stranger
You're extremely confused because of your belief in this false notion of "Sheep Nations" and "Goat Nations".
As I have repeatedly educated you - the Sheep and the goats are individuals - not entire countries.

Until you can grasp this - your confusion about the judgement will continue to haunt you . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marymog said:
Yes Stranger, I agree with you if anyone teaches or has a doctrine that Jesus is not the Son of God and the Savior, then they are not Christian.

You wrote that you can be Christian and have different "views" of baptism. You can have a different VIEW of it, but Scripture says that baptism is not left up to your personal view. Baptism should be a "doctrine" of a true Christian church, not a view as you seem to believe.

The reason it should be a doctrine is because scripture says it saves you (1 Peter 3:21), and to be baptized for the forgiveness of your sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38), and be baptized, and wash away your sins (Acts 22:16), and when Jesus also had been baptized and was praying, the heavens were opened, and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form (Luke 3:21-22), no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit (John 3:5).

As I have shown you Scripture says Baptism is necessary for your salvation. Therefor it has to be a doctrine, not an opinion or personal view. If it is not a doctrine in the church you attend you should question the elders of your church. (A doctrine is a belief or set of beliefs held and taught by a church)

Anything that saves you can't be a view or opinion. Baptism is not left open to opinion. When Scripture says something saves you (faith, belief in Jesus, baptism etc) it is not an opinion.

Hope that helps you on your walk toward Jesus and the truth in Scripture.

Mary
Elementary dear Watson.

(Heb.6:1-2) " Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms...."

Baptism saves no on, as far as heaven and hell. Your first reference to (1 Peter 3:20-21) proves it. Baptism is a doctrine in the church I attend. It doesn't replace faith in Christ for justification.

Nothing you have said yet has added anything in my walk with Jesus Christ. Perhaps you will add something that will. I will wait for it.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
You're extremely confused because of your belief in this false notion of "Sheep Nations" and "Goat Nations".
As I have repeatedly educated you - the Sheep and the goats are individuals - not entire countries.

Until you can grasp this - your confusion about the judgement will continue to haunt you . . .
I gave specific questions for you in regards to your position. And all you offer is this?

This alone should show how you are so 'dumb downed' in your belief, that you cannot answer the questions I ask. You haven't answered anything, and that shows you know nothing.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
I gave specific questions for you in regards to your position. And all you offer is this?

This alone should show how you are so 'dumb downed' in your belief, that you cannot answer the questions I ask. You haven't answered anything, and that shows you know nothing.

Stranger
I've answered EVERY question you've asked.
Your problem is that you won't accept any of my answers. This is nothing but spiritual pride.

Perhaps God hasn't yet removed the scales from your eyes. Have a little more faith in him . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
Elementary dear Watson.

(Heb.6:1-2) " Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms...."

Baptism saves no on, as far as heaven and hell. Your first reference to (1 Peter 3:20-21) proves it. Baptism is a doctrine in the church I attend. It doesn't replace faith in Christ for justification.

Nothing you have said yet has added anything in my walk with Jesus Christ. Perhaps you will add something that will. I will wait for it.

Stranger
That's NOT what Jesus said . . .

John 3:5
Now there was a Pharisee named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews.
He came to Jesus at night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God, for no one can do these signs that you are doing unless God is with him.”
Jesus answered and said to him, “Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can see the kingdom of God without being born from above.”
Nicodemus said to him, “How can a person once grown old be born again? Surely he cannot reenter his mother’s womb and be born again, can he?”
Jesus answered, “Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit."

Mark 16:16
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved; whoever does not believe will be condemned.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Titus 3:5-7 – “He saved us by the washing of regeneration and renewal in the Holy Spirit, which He poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ, so that we might be justified by His grace and become heirs of eternal life.”
This is a powerful text which proves that baptism regenerates our souls and is thus salvific. The “washing of regeneration” “saves us.” Regeneration is never symbolic, and the phrase “saved us” refers to salvation. By baptism, we become justified by His grace (interior change) and heirs of eternal life (filial adoption). Because this refers to baptism, the verse is about the beginning of the life in Christ. No righteous deeds done before baptism could save us. Righteous deeds after baptism are necessary for our salvation.

There is also a definite parallel between John 3:5 and Titus 3:5:
(1) John 3:5 – enter the kingdom of God / Titus 3:5 – He saved us.
(2) John 3:5 – born of water / Titus 3:5 – washing.
(3) John 3:5 – born of the Spirit / Titus 3:5 – renewal in the Spirit.

Acts 9:18 Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul’s eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized,
Paul, even though he was directly chosen by Christ and immediately converted to Christianity, still had to be baptized to be forgiven his sin. This is a powerful text which demonstrates the salvific efficacy of water baptism, even for those who decide to give their lives to Christ.

Acts 22:16 And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.’
even though Paul was converted directly by Jesus Christ. This proves that Paul's acceptance of Jesus as personal Lord and Savior was not enough to be forgiven of his sin and saved. The sacrament of baptism is required.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Verses that explicitly say baptism save us:

1. Whoever believes and is baptised will be saved (Mk 16:16)

2. Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, (1Pet 3:21)

3. Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand persons were added that day. ……. And every day the Lord added to their number those who were being saved. (Acts 2:41….47)

Verses that implicitly say baptism saves us:

4. Or are you unaware that we who were baptised into Christ Jesus were baptised into his death? We were indeed buried with him through baptism into death, so that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might live in newness of life. For if we have grown into union with him through a death like his, we shall also be united with him in the resurrection.
(Rom 6:3-4)

5. “..he saved us, not because of any works of righteousness that we had done, but according to his mercy, through the water of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.” (Titus 3:5)

6. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God. (1Cor 11:16)

7. “Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit. (Jn 3;5)

Verses that link baptism to some aspect of salvation:

8. Repent and be baptised, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. (Acts 2:38)

9. Now, why delay? Get up and have yourself baptised and your sins washed away, calling upon his name. (Acts 22:16).

10. let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. (Heb 10:22)
11. You were buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead. And even when you were dead (in) transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, he brought you to life along with him, having forgiven us all our transgressions; (Col 2:11-13)

12. all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. (Gal 3:27).

13. “In him also you were circumcised with a spiritual circumcision, by putting off the body of the flesh in the circumcision of Christ; when you were buried with him in baptism, you were also raised with him through faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.” (Col 2:11-12)

14. As a body is one though it has many parts, and all the parts of the body, though many, are one body, so also Christ. For in one Spirit we were all baptised into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, slaves or free persons, and we were all given to drink of one Spirit. (1Cor 12:12-13).
Baptism brings us into the body of Christ (the Church).

15. This text also shows this: "one body and one Spirit, as you were also called to the one hope of your call; one Lord, one faith, one baptism" (Eph 4:4-5)

16. Through baptism we are brought into the new covenant “In him also you were circumcised with a spiritual circumcision, by putting off the body of the flesh in the circumcision of Christ; when you were buried with him in baptism, you were also raised with him through faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.” (Col 2:11-12)
This clearly links a “spiritual circumcision” with baptism, a link from baptism to the covenant, not through physical circumcision (as in the Old Covenant) but a spiritual one.

17. For through faith you are all children of God in Christ Jesus. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free person, there is not male and female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendant, heirs according to the promise. (Gal 3:26-27)

Paul tells us in Romans 9:8 “That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God; but the children of the promise are counted as the seed.” It is in baptism (with water) that we become children of the promise; we are made children of God.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:

No, I gave you specific questions, based on Scripture, that your position, concerning the judgments, has no answer for.

Please answer my questions in post #300.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As I have shown you Scripture says Baptism is necessary for your salvation
It was before Pentecost after that it changed as did so many things.

Mat_3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Mar_1:8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

Joh_1:33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

Act_1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Act_11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost

So believe Jesus.

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
No, I gave you specific questions, based on Scripture, that your position, concerning the judgments, has no answer for.

Please answer my questions in post #300.

Stranger
And I've answered them - repeatedly.

There is NO such thing as the "Judgement of rewards".
At the Judgement - you will either receive a reward in Heaven or be condemned to Hell.

You won't be able to grasp this until you get the asinine idea of "Sheep Nations" and "Goat Nations" out of your head.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
It was before Pentecost after that it changed as did so many things.

Mat_3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Mar_1:8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

Joh_1:33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

Act_1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Act_11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost

So believe Jesus.

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
Soooooo - let me get this straight.
Jesus told his followers in Mark 16:16 that they must be baptized or they wouldn't be saved. But, a few months after that - this was null and void??

Jesus told Nicodemus that unless a person is baptized of WATER and the SPIRIT that they cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven (John 3:5) - but He changes His mind AFTERWARDS??

The Jesus that YOU and your little "Generals" over at aggressivechristianity.net have invented for yourselves is nothing but a fickle buffoon the can't make up His mind. The Jesus of the Bible and of Christianity MEANT what He said.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
And I've answered them - repeatedly.

There is NO such thing as the "Judgement of rewards".
At the Judgement - you will either receive a reward in Heaven or be condemned to Hell.

You won't be able to grasp this until you get the asinine idea of "Sheep Nations" and "Goat Nations" out of your head.
Please answer my questons in post #300.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
Please answer my questons in post #300.

Stranger
Since we seem to have a communication breakdown - tell me which questions that I HAVEN'T answered.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stranger said:
I didn't say anything about a pre-trib rapture in post #293. I said 'you acknowledge a rapture where believers meet the Lord in the air'. Correct? So, do you?
I can speak for BofL for we are one in doctrine. There is no rapture, it's an invention from the 1800's and a twist of 2 verses.

How do you identify the faithful at the Second Coming of Christ as meeting Him in the air, when at the Second Coming He comes back to earth. And at the Second Coming when Christ divides the goat and sheep nations on the earth to enter the kingdom. They are not 'in the air'.
The sheep and the goats are divided in heaven. One on His right, and one on His left.
Sorry, but I am in the Catholic Church. That is the universal Church of Jesus Christ. I am just not Roman Catholic. And, by the way, even your 'Roman Church' sees me as part of the Church. Correct? So, who are you to tell me I am not part of the Catholic Church?
You are part of the Catholic Church, you are just a separated community.
817 In fact, "in this one and only Church of God from its very beginnings there arose certain rifts, which the Apostle strongly censures as damnable. But in subsequent centuries much more serious dissensions appeared and large communities became separated from full communion with the Catholic Church - for which, often enough, men of both sides were to blame."269 The ruptures that wound the unity of Christ's Body - here we must distinguish heresy, apostasy, and schism270 - do not occur without human sin:
Where there are sins, there are also divisions, schisms, heresies, and disputes. Where there is virtue, however, there also are harmony and unity, from which arise the one heart and one soul of all believers.271

818 "However, one cannot charge with the sin of the separation those who at present are born into these communities [that resulted from such separation] and in them are brought up in the faith of Christ, and the Catholic Church accepts them with respect and affection as brothers . . . . All who have been justified by faith in Baptism are incorporated into Christ; they therefore have a right to be called Christians, and with good reason are accepted as brothers in the Lord by the children of the Catholic Church."272

819 "Furthermore, many elements of sanctification and of truth"273 are found outside the visible confines of the Catholic Church: "the written Word of God; the life of grace; faith, hope, and charity, with the other interior gifts of the Holy Spirit, as well as visible elements."274 Christ's Spirit uses these Churches and ecclesial communities as means of salvation, whose power derives from the fullness of grace and truth that Christ has entrusted to the Catholic Church. All these blessings come from Christ and lead to him,275 and are in themselves calls to "Catholic unity."276

820 "Christ bestowed unity on his Church from the beginning. This unity, we believe, subsists in the Catholic Church as something she can never lose, and we hope that it will continue to increase until the end of time."277 Christ always gives his Church the gift of unity, but the Church must always pray and work to maintain, reinforce, and perfect the unity that Christ wills for her. This is why Jesus himself prayed at the hour of his Passion, and does not cease praying to his Father, for the unity of his disciples: "That they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be one in us, . . . so that the world may know that you have sent me."278 The desire to recover the unity of all Christians is a gift of Christ and a call of the Holy Spirit.279
CCC
Again, is (2 Cor. 5:10) a judgment of rewards or not?
It's a judgment of what we have done in this life, both good and bad. Rewards come after purification, if required, so this verse has nothing to do with rewards.
Is (1Cor.3:11-15) a judgment of rewards or not? How is this 'purgatory' when it is works that are burned and not the believer?
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation, gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble:
13 Every man's work shall be manifest: for the day of the Lord shall declare it, because it shall be revealed in fire: and the fire shall try every man's work, of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide, which he hath built thereupon: he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work burn, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved, yet so as by fire.
You are trying to say the believer is not burned but shall suffer loss at the same time. That doesn't make sense. BTW, fire is a metaphor for purification.
1 Cor. 3:15 – “if any man’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.” The phrase for "suffer loss" in the Greek is "zemiothesetai." The root word is "zemioo" which also refers to punishment. The construction “zemiothesetai” is used in Ex. 21:22 and Prov. 19:19 which refers to punishment (from the Hebrew “anash” meaning “punish” or “penalty”). Hence, this verse proves that there is an expiation of temporal punishment after our death, but the person is still saved. This cannot mean heaven (there is no punishment in heaven) and this cannot mean hell (the possibility of expiation no longer exists and the person is not saved).
Again, if the Great White Throne Judgment is the 'General judgment' what is the judgment that took place 1000 years before. (Rev. 20:4-6)
Time does not exist in heaven. One day is like a thousand years so it isn't wise to take it literally.
And if the Great White Throne judgment doesn't take place on heaven or earth, (Rev. 20:11), what is the judgment in the air of (1Cor.3 and 5).
1.Cor 8 Now he who planteth, and he who watereth, are one. *And every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
Notice it doesn't say, "each man shall receive his own reward according to his imputed righteousness."
And, what is the judgment of the sheep and goat nations on the earth. (Matt. 25:32)
34 Then shall the king say to them that shall be on his right hand (sheep): Come, ye blessed of my Father, possess the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
35 *For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat: (good works) I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink: (good works) I was a stranger, and you took me in:(good works)
36 Naked, and you clothed me:(good works) *sick, and you visited me:(good works) I was in prison, and you came to me.(good works)

I. THE PARTICULAR JUDGMENT
1021 Death puts an end to human life as the time open to either accepting or rejecting the divine grace manifested in Christ.592 The New Testament speaks of judgment primarily in its aspect of the final encounter with Christ in his second coming, but also repeatedly affirms that each will be rewarded immediately after death in accordance with his works and faith. The parable of the poor man Lazarus and the words of Christ on the cross to the good thief, as well as other New Testament texts speak of a final destiny of the soul--a destiny which can be different for some and for others.593
1022 Each man receives his eternal retribution in his immortal soul at the very moment of his death, in a particular judgment that refers his life to Christ: either entrance into the blessedness of heaven-through a purification594 or immediately,595 -- or immediate and everlasting damnation.596
At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love.597
footnotes
591 OCF, Prayer of Commendation.
592 Cf. 2 Tim 1:9-10.
593 Cf. Lk 16:22; 23:43; Mt 16:26; 2 Cor 5:8; Phil 1:23; Heb 9:27; 12:23.
594 Cf. Council of Lyons II (1274):DS 857-858; Council of Florence (1439):DS 1304- 1306; Council of Trent (1563):DS 1820.
595 Cf. Benedict XII, Benedictus Deus (1336):DS 1000-1001; John XXII, Ne super his (1334):DS 990.
596 Cf. Benedict XII, Benedictus Deus (1336):DS 1002.
597 St. John of the Cross, Dichos 64.

V. THE LAST JUDGMENT
1038 The resurrection of all the dead, "of both the just and the unjust,"623 will precede the Last Judgment. This will be "the hour when all who are in the tombs will hear [the Son of man's] voice and come forth, those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of judgment."624 Then Christ will come "in his glory, and all the angels with him. . . . Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left. . . . And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."625

1039 In the presence of Christ, who is Truth itself, the truth of each man's relationship with God will be laid bare.626 The Last Judgment will reveal even to its furthest consequences the good each person has done or failed to do during his earthly life:
All that the wicked do is recorded, and they do not know. When "our God comes, he does not keep silence.". . . he will turn towards those at his left hand: . . . "I placed my poor little ones on earth for you. I as their head was seated in heaven at the right hand of my Father - but on earth my members were suffering, my members on earth were in need. If you gave anything to my members, what you gave would reach their Head. Would that you had known that my little ones were in need when I placed them on earth for you and appointed them your stewards to bring your good works into my treasury. But you have placed nothing in their hands; therefore you have found nothing in my presence."627
1040 The Last Judgment will come when Christ returns in glory. Only the Father knows the day and the hour; only he determines the moment of its coming. Then through his Son Jesus Christ he will pronounce the final word on all history. We shall know the ultimate meaning of the whole work of creation and of the entire economy of salvation and understand the marvelous ways by which his Providence led everything towards its final end. The Last Judgment will reveal that God's justice triumphs over all the injustices committed by his creatures and that God's love is stronger than death.628

1041 The message of the Last Judgment calls men to conversion while God is still giving them "the acceptable time, . . . the day of salvation."629 It inspires a holy fear of God and commits them to the justice of the Kingdom of God. It proclaims the "blessed hope" of the Lord's return, when he will come "to be glorified in his saints, and to be marveled at in all who have believed."630
footnotes
625 Mt 25:31,32,46.
626 Cf. Jn 12:49.
627 St. Augustine, Sermo 18, 4:pL 38,130-131; cf. Ps 50:3.
628 Cf. Song 8:6.
629 2 Cor 6:2.
630 Titus 2:13; 2 Thess 1:10.

Purgatory is not about paying the penalty of sin. Jesus on the Cross pays the penalty of our sin -- which is death. Those in purgatory are not in spiritual death; they are all headed to heaven.
Purgatory pays for the "consequences" of our sin, not for the sin itself.
For example, if I throw a rock through your window I have committed a sin. I can become sorry for my sin and go to Confession and be absolved of that sin. Jesus paid the price for my sin. But......... the window is STILL broken. The broken window is the "consequence" of my sin and it still needs to be repaired. The Cross does not repair the window, that is my responsibility.
Thus, one of the aspects of purgatory is to pay for all the "broken windows" in our life that we did not get around to paying for during our life on earth.
As to why Purgatory? The answer is love. We cannot enter heaven unless we are perfected and totally holy. God wants us to be with Him. "Covered sin" doesn't cut it. While we may die in a state of grace most of us are probably not perfect. Purgatory is a place of perfection. It purges the imperfections from us 'til what is left is pure gold.
1 Corinthians 3:12-15 is a great definition of Purgatory
In other words, how well we lived our lives as Christians will be judged, the good works and not-so-good works will be judged.
The not-so-good works are the wood, hay, and straw that will burn up in the purging. The good works are the gold, silver, and precious stone that will survive the purging.
We cannot enter heaven with works that can be consumed. We must enter heaven only with works to our credit that can survive the fire. Thus God, who loves us so, provides a way for us to rid ourselves of the wood, hay, and straw in our lives so that we can enter heaven perfect and holy.

Again, this is NOT about purging sin, it is about purging the consequences of sin (paying for the broken windows) and about purging our imperfections in living the Christ-life.
Some Protestants call this the "Judgment Seat of Christ". Our salvation is not being judged here, rather how well we lived our life for Christ is being judged. While some Evangelicals refer to this as Judgment Seat of Christ and Catholics call it Purgatory, it is the same thing.

Matt. 5:26,18:34; Luke 12:58-59 – Jesus teaches us, “Come to terms with your opponent or you will be handed over to the judge and thrown into prison. You will not get out until you have paid the last penny.” The word “opponent” (antidiko) is likely a reference to the devil (see the same word for devil in 1 Pet. 5:8) who is an accuser against man (c.f. Job 1.6-12; Zech. 3.1; Rev. 12.10), and God is the judge. If we have not adequately dealt with satan and sin in this life, we will be held in a temporary state called a prison, and we won’t get out until we have satisfied our entire debt to God. This “prison” is purgatory where we will not get out until the last penny is paid.

Luke 16:19-31 - in this story, we see that the dead rich man is suffering but still feels compassion for his brothers and wants to warn them of his place of suffering. But there is no suffering in heaven or compassion in hell because compassion is a grace from God and those in hell are deprived from God's graces for all eternity. So where is the rich man? He is in purgatory.

Rev. 21:4 - God shall wipe away their tears, and there will be no mourning or pain, but only after the coming of the new heaven and the passing away of the current heaven and earth. Note the elimination of tears and pain only occurs at the end of time. But there is no morning or pain in heaven, and God will not wipe away their tears in hell. These are the souls experiencing purgatory.