Rome vs Melchizedek

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
Since we seem to have a communication breakdown - tell me which questions that I HAVEN'T answered.
All of them in post #300.

Stranger

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
Elementary dear Watson.

(Heb.6:1-2) " Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms...."

Baptism saves no on, as far as heaven and hell. Your first reference to (1 Peter 3:20-21) proves it. Baptism is a doctrine in the church I attend. It doesn't replace faith in Christ for justification.

Nothing you have said yet has added anything in my walk with Jesus Christ. Perhaps you will add something that will. I will wait for it.

Stranger
Scripture says baptism saves you. Your opinion is that it doesn't.

There is nothing to wait for.

Mary

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
mjrhealth said:
YEs you are aggeressive you realy need time out.
ya, i don't quite get that, he has already given two or three mods the finger? lol. but the truth comes out in the margins, i guess, if you are able to practice tolerance. It's prolly good for us.

Plus, you couldn't get a better witness of what he represents, right? Which also applies to anyone, you or me. Forgiveness is hard, sometimes.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:

Stranger
And now, you're just being dishonest.
Let me know when you want to have a grown-up conversation . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
ya, i don't quite get that, he has already given two or three mods the finger? lol. but the truth comes out in the margins, i guess, if you are able to practice tolerance. It's prolly good for us.

Plus, you couldn't get a better witness of what he represents, right? Which also applies to anyone, you or me. Forgiveness is hard, sometimes.
And honesty, it would seem, is especially difficult for YOU . . .

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stranger said:

Stranger
This is not the first time you have claimed your questions have not been answered. It's your standard reply when you are stumped.

(Heb.6:1-2) Paul lists "ritual washings" which is baptism, with laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. He lists it first, not third.
Strong's concordance 909 1) a washing, purification effected by means of water
1a) of washing prescribed by the Mosaic law (Heb 9:10) which seems to mean an exposition of the difference between the washings prescribed by the Mosaic law and Christian baptism

Baptism saves no on, as far as heaven and hell. Your first reference to (1 Peter 3:20-21) proves it. Baptism is a doctrine in the church I attend. It doesn't replace faith in Christ for justification.
1 Peter 3:20-21 proves the opposite. Baptism doesn't "replace faith", it follows it. Noah and his family were saved through water, that is what it says. It does not explicitly say baptism but a foreshadow of salvation through "ritual washings" : baptism.

2386cdd7011843f24dad6640f7662adc.jpg

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
And now, you're just being dishonest.
Let me know when you want to have a grown-up conversation . . .
No. You're being dishonest. You ask which questions you need to answer. I showed you. And now you refuse to answer any. Whose being dishonest?

It's not a question of 'grown-up'. It's a question of being 'wrong'.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marymog said:
Scripture says baptism saves you. Your opinion is that it doesn't.

There is nothing to wait for.

Mary
Pay attention to what I said. Go back and reread and re-frame your statement.

Still waiting.

Stranger

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Stranger said:
Pay attention to what I said. Go back and reread and re-frame your statement.

Still waiting.

Stranger
Marymog is correct. when she wrote "Scripture says baptism saves you. Your opinion is that it doesn't."

I gave you many scriptures to demonstrate that but you have ignored them

You latest post is just a smokescreen to avoid answering.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
No. You're being dishonest. You ask which questions you need to answer. I showed you. And now you refuse to answer any. Whose being dishonest?

It's not a question of 'grown-up'. It's a question of being 'wrong'.

Stranger
I asked you to tell me WHICH questions I haven't answered - and your response was. "ALL of them."
That's a crock.

If you want me to answer your questions - then tell me WHICH ones you want me to answer. Be specific.
If I have already answered a question - I'll refer you back to the post. If I haven't - I'll answer it.

Why all of the mystery??
What have you got to lose??

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mungo said:
Marymog is correct. when she wrote "Scripture says baptism saves you. Your opinion is that it doesn't."

No smoke screen. Go back and re-read my response in post #306. And then, as I said, re-frame your statement.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
I asked you to tell me WHICH questions I haven't answered - and your response was. "ALL of them."
That's a crock.

If you want me to answer your questions - then tell me WHICH ones you want me to answer. Be specific.
If I have already answered a question - I'll refer you back to the post. If I haven't - I'll answer it.

Why all of the mystery??
I did tell you which questions. All of them in post #300.

Why is that so difficult?

Stranger

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mungo said:

He will appeal to post #300, which has been answered in part in post #303, 310, 311, 326, and line by line, question by question, in post #320. He has ignored me as well.
BreadOfLife said:
That's a crock.

Why all of the mystery??
How dare you threaten his self appointed authority!

13239191_10208574805634922_8669941564389177859_n.jpg

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
I did tell you which questions. All of them in post #300.

Why is that so difficult?

Stranger
Humor me.
Tell me WHICH questions I haven't answered.

If you can't tell me - then you know I've answered them.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
Humor me.
Tell me WHICH questions I haven't answered.

If you can't tell me - then you know I've answered them.
You didn't answer any of the questions I asked in post #300.

Here they are, from post #300 which was in response to your post # 296...just to keep them in the context of the argument. Which I know you appreciate.

1.) I didn't say anything about a pre-trib rapture in post #293. I said,'you acknowledge a rapture where believers meet the Lord in the air'. Correct? So, do you?

2.) How do you identify the faithful at the Second Coming of Christ, as meeting him in the air, when at the Second Coming He comes back to the earth? And, at the Second Coming when Christ divides the sheep and goat nations to enter the kingdom, they are not in the air, but on the earth.

3.) Who are you to tell me I am not part of the Catholic Church, when the Roman Church says otherwise?

4.) Again,, is (2Cor. 5:10) a judgment of rewards or not? Is (1Cor.3:11-15) a judgment of rewards or not? How is this 'purgatory' when it is works that are burned and not the believer?

5.) Again, if the Great White Throne Judgment is the General Judgment, what is the judgment that took place 1000 years earlier? (Rev. 20:4-6) And if the Great White Throne Judgment doesn't take place in heaven or earth, (Rev.20:11), then what is the judgment in the air, (1Cor. 3 and 5). And, what is the judgment of the sheep and goat nations which is on the earth? (Matt. 25:32)

These are my questions which you have not answered. They are in response to your post #296. Please answer.

Stranger

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Stranger said:
No smoke screen. Go back and re-read my response in post #306. And then, as I said, re-frame your statement.

Stranger
Your post #306 refutes nothing and doesn't even attempt to. You just throw out an irrelevant scripture verse and then give an opinion. that bears no relation to the scripture.

You have been given many scriptures to demonstrate the saving effects nature of baptism but just avoid answering them.

You even claim that 1Pet 3:20-21 proves that baptism does not save when the actual scripture says it does.

[SIZE=medium]The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us ([/SIZE]KJV)

[SIZE=medium]Baptism[/SIZE], which corresponds to this now saves you (RSV)

[SIZE=medium]baptism[/SIZE], which this prefigured, now saves you (NRSV)

[SIZE=medium]This prefigured baptism, which saves you now.([/SIZE]NAB)

[SIZE=medium]And this water symbolises baptism that now saves you (NIV)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]also to which an antitype doth now save us—baptism ([/SIZE]YLT)

[SIZE=medium]Baptism[/SIZE], which corresponds to this, now saves you (HCSB)

[SIZE=medium]which also after a true likeness doth now save you, even baptism ([/SIZE]ASV)

[SIZE=medium]Baptism[/SIZE], which is like that water, now saves you (GWT)

[SIZE=medium]There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism ([/SIZE]NKJV)

[SIZE=medium]That was a type of the baptism that now saves you (CCB)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Baptism, which is symbolized by that water, now saves you also (ISVNT)[/SIZE]

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mungo

Comprehension. I didn't say baptism doesn't save. What did I say?

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
You didn't answer any of the questions I asked in post #300.

Here they are, from post #300 which was in response to your post # 296...just to keep them in the context of the argument. Which I know you appreciate.

1.) I didn't say anything about a pre-trib rapture in post #293. I said,'you acknowledge a rapture where believers meet the Lord in the air'. Correct? So, do you?

2.) How do you identify the faithful at the Second Coming of Christ, as meeting him in the air, when at the Second Coming He comes back to the earth? And, at the Second Coming when Christ divides the sheep and goat nations to enter the kingdom, they are not in the air, but on the earth.

3.) Who are you to tell me I am not part of the Catholic Church, when the Roman Church says otherwise?

4.) Again,, is (2Cor. 5:10) a judgment of rewards or not? Is (1Cor.3:11-15) a judgment of rewards or not? How is this 'purgatory' when it is works that are burned and not the believer?

5.) Again, if the Great White Throne Judgment is the General Judgment, what is the judgment that took place 1000 years earlier? (Rev. 20:4-6) And if the Great White Throne Judgment doesn't take place in heaven or earth, (Rev.20:11), then what is the judgment in the air, (1Cor. 3 and 5). And, what is the judgment of the sheep and goat nations which is on the earth? (Matt. 25:32)

These are my questions which you have not answered. They are in response to your post #296. Please answer.

Stranger
1) [SIZE=11pt]The faithful who are still alive at the 2nd Coming of Christ will indeed be caught up in the air to meet the Lord.[/SIZE]

2) [SIZE=11pt]I’ve already answered this – repeatedly.[/SIZE]

There are NO Goat or Sheep “Nations”. Sheep and Goats refer to INDIVIDUALS. I’ve also told you several times that there will NOT be a 2nd and 3rd Coming of Christ. He’s only coming ONE more time, which is described in 1 Thess. 4:17.

Please don’t ask me to repeat either of these answers this again.

3) [SIZE=11pt]You are NOT part of the Catholic Church, as you have repeatedly repudiated the Church. How can you be PART of the Church if you reject it??

You may be part of one of the tens of thousands of disjointed, perpetually-splintering Protestant sects who ALL teach different doctrines but ALL claim to have the “Truth”. These are splinters of the Church who have separated themselves FROM it. It is not the ONE, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church built by Jesus.
[/SIZE]

4) [SIZE=11pt]2 Cor. 5:10[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] refers to the GENERAL Judgment – and it’s NOT only about rewards.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]It’s also about punishment:[/SIZE]

2 Cor. 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good OR bad.

[SIZE=11pt]As for [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]1 Cor.3:11-15[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] – it is about JUDGMENT, period.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]IF the persons works of “wood, hay or stubble” are burned up, it says:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]“But if someone’s work is burned up, that one will suffer loss; the person will be saved, but only as through fire.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Yes, their works are burned up - but the PERSON will be saved but that PERSON will suffer “AS THROUGH FIRE.”
[/SIZE]
5) You keep referring to the “Thousand Years” as if it were a literal span of time. The “Thousand years” is metaphorical for a “LONG time”. Hardly ANYTHING in Revelation is literal. The thousand years began when Jesus ascended into Heaven.

In Scripture - a “thousand” is usually metaphorical and NOT literal. We read in Psalm 50:10 that God owns the cattle "on a thousand hills.”
Ummmm, WHO owns the cattle on hill number 1001??
God owns the cattle on ALL of the hills on earth. “1000” is symbolic of this.

Finally – ALL thrones spoken of in regards to Judgment are in Heaven.
YOU think of Heaven as something that has boundaries and restrictions to size and time. You have a very immature and limited view of Heaven and of God’s power.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
Mungo

Comprehension. I didn't say baptism doesn't save. What did I say?

Stranger
THIS is what you said in post #301:
"No, it is not an oxymoron because all that is required of Christ's true Church is that faith in Him as the Son of God and Saviour. That is all that is required....but that is required."

You mentioned nothing about the necessity of Baptism.
Do you agree that Baptism is required for salvation, as Jesus says in Mark 16:16?