Rome vs Melchizedek

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
Stranger said:
Again, don't waste your time.

Stranger
I have a feeling you are not confident in your beliefs that is why you duck and dodge and weave and don't answer questions with any real common sense or with any real logic.

Your answers are based on your opinion. Not on Scripture or facts or anything else. Just YOUR opinion.

I wish you well in your theory.

For future reference. If you plan to argue a theory, back it up with facts instead of opinions.

I have a brother that does this and it drives me crazy........ :angry:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
I have a feeling you are not confident in your beliefs that is why you duck and dodge and weave and don't answer questions with any real common sense or with any real logic.

Your answers are based on your opinion. Not on Scripture or facts or anything else. Just YOUR opinion.

I wish you well in your theory.

For future reference. If you plan to argue a theory, back it up with facts instead of opinions.

I have a brother that does this and it drives me crazy........ :angry:
No, you don't wish me well. Sounds good though.

You're a great smoke screen however. Congrats.

Stranger

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
Stranger said:
No, you don't wish me well. Sounds good though.

You're a great smoke screen however. Congrats.

Stranger
I do wish you well.

I have a bad feeling it will end bad for you though.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
I do wish you well.

I have a bad feeling it will end bad for you though.

OK.

Stranger

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
BreadOfLife said:
Both 1 Cor. 15:27-27 and Rev. 4 & 5 show Jesus reigning in Heaven with the Father and the Holy Spirit.
For you yo deny this is simply, well - denial. The text is crystal clear.
As for the who and where in regards to the Judgments - I don't know how much clearer I can be.
You're just playing games now because you've been humiliated. In post #245, I said:
As Hebrews 9:27 tells us - the individual will be judged upon his death. The General judgment will occur at the 2nd Coming - when the "living and the dead" are judged. Sheep and goats are individuals - not entire countries.
This is nothing new, Stranger. This is the teaching of the historic Christian faith for 2000 years.
As for Millennialism - WHY wasn't it taught until the 1830s?? Can you answer that?
Why didn't the Church OR the "Reformers" teach this nonsense?? YOUR false belief was born in the sick mind of John Nelson Darby.
Your answer destroys Strangers theory.

I never heard of this John Nelson Darby fellow until your post.

He was interesting to say the least. Unfortunately he led some sheep into the wolves den.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
(1Cor. 15:24-27) doesn't speak to the millennial reign. It speaks to the end, after the millennial reign. The subject there is the resurrections, not the judgments.

(Rev. 4 and 5) take place before the Tribulation, which is 7 years before the millennium. This doesn't disprove the 1000 year reign of Christ.

I'm not worried about being humiliated. So, quit your little buzz word play. Give me the 'who, where, and when,' of your two supposed judgments.

Concerning (Heb.9:27), compared to (Matt. 25:32-34), the sheep nations did not die. They entered the kingdom alive. Yet they went through a judgment. Why? And this judgment was on the earth. (Matt. 25:31). Not in Heaven.

Knowlege of the Scriptures is progressive. Not contradictory, but progressive. The Jews refuse to believe Jesus Christ is found in their Scripture.

Stranger
There are no "Sheep Nations" or "Goat Nations". there are simply sheep and goats, figuratively, which refers to individuals.

I noticed you completely ran from my questions at the end of the last post - so I'll post them again:
As for Millennialism - WHY wasn't it taught until the 1830s?? Can you answer that?
Why didn't the Church OR the "Reformers" teach this nonsense??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
Your answer destroys Strangers theory.

I never heard of this John Nelson Darby fellow until your post.

He was interesting to say the least. Unfortunately he led some sheep into the wolves den.
Yes, Darby is the Father of '"Rapture Theology".
it's funny - when you ask a Rapturist about why the so-called "Reformers" didn't teach this and why has it only been taught since the 1830s - they can never answer that question.

It's like Kryptonite to them . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
There are no "Sheep Nations" or "Goat Nations". there are simply sheep and goats, figuratively, which refers to individuals.

I noticed you completely ran from my questions at the end of the last post - so I'll post them again:
Why didn't the Church OR the "Reformers" teach this nonsense??
You responded to nothing from my post #255. You simply tried to re-start the argument again where you felt 'comfortable'. After the smoke screen from your other.

So, go back to post #255, and start again.

As for your last question, I did answer it on the last line.

Stranger

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I. THE PARTICULAR JUDGMENT
1021 Death puts an end to human life as the time open to either accepting or rejecting the divine grace manifested in Christ.592 The New Testament speaks of judgment primarily in its aspect of the final encounter with Christ in his second coming, but also repeatedly affirms that each will be rewarded immediately after death in accordance with his works and faith. The parable of the poor man Lazarus and the words of Christ on the cross to the good thief, as well as other New Testament texts speak of a final destiny of the soul--a destiny which can be different for some and for others.593

V. THE LAST JUDGMENT
1038 The resurrection of all the dead, "of both the just and the unjust,"623 will precede the Last Judgment. This will be "the hour when all who are in the tombs will hear [the Son of man's] voice and come forth, those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of judgment."624 Then Christ will come "in his glory, and all the angels with him. . . . Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left. . . . And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."625
CCC

Revelation 20:1–3, 7–8

The period of a thousand years, the writer tells us, is the reign of Christ, and the thousand-year period is popularly called the millennium. The millennium is a harbinger of the end of the world, and Revelation 20 is interpreted in three ways by conservative Protestants. The three schools of thought are called postmillennialism, amillennialism, and premillennialism. Let’s take a look at them.

Postmillennialists also typically say that the millennium spoken of in Revelation 20 should be understood figuratively and that the phrase "a thousand years" refers not to a fixed period of ten centuries, but to an indefinitely long time....

The problem with postmillennialism is that Scripture does not depict the world as experiencing a period of complete (or relatively complete) Christianization before the Second Coming.

The amillennial view interprets Revelation 20 symbolically and sees the millennium not as an earthly golden age in which the world will be totally Christianized, but as the present period of Christ’s rule in heaven and on the earth through his Church. This was the view of the Protestant Reformers and is still the most common view among traditional Protestants, though not among most of the newer Evangelical and Fundamentalist groups.
Amillennialists also believe in the coexistence of good and evil on earth until the end.

Third on the list is premillennialism, currently the most popular among Fundamentalists and Evangelicals (though a century ago amillennialism was). Most of the books written about the End Times, such as Hal Lindsey’s Late Great Planet Earth, are written from a premillennial perspective.

Premillennialists often give much attention to the doctrine of the rapture. According to this doctrine, when Christ returns, all of the elect who have died will be raised and transformed into a glorious state, along with the living elect, and then be caught up to be with Christ. The key text referring to the rapture is 1 Thessalonians 4:16–17, which states, "For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel’s call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord."

Premillennialists hold, as do virtually all Christians (except certain postmillennialists), that the Second Coming will be preceded by a time of great trouble and persecution of God’s people (2 Thess. 2:1–4). This period is often called the tribulation. Until the nineteenth century, all Christians agreed that the rapture—though it was not called that at the time—would occur immediately before the Second Coming, at the close of the period of persecution. This position is today called the "post-tribulational" view because it says the rapture will come after the tribulation.

But in the 1800s, some began to claim that the rapture would occur before the period of persecution. This position, now known as the "pre-tribulational" view, also was embraced by John Nelson Darby, an early leader of a Fundamentalist movement that became known as Dispensationalism. Darby’s pre-tribulational view of the rapture was then picked up by a man named C.I. Scofield, who taught the view in the footnotes of his Scofield Reference Bible, which was widely distributed in England and America. Many Protestants who read the Scofield Reference Bible uncritically accepted what its footnotes said and adopted the pre-tribulational view, even though no Christian had heard of it in the previous 1800 years of Church history.

Eventually, a third position developed, known as the "mid-tribulational" view, which claims that the rapture will occur during the middle of the tribulation. Finally, a fourth view developed that claims that there will not be a single rapture where all believers are gathered to Christ, but that there will be a series of mini-raptures that occur at different times with respect to the tribulation.

This confusion has caused the movement to split into bitterly opposed camps.

The problem with all of the positions (except the historic, post-tribulational view, which was accepted by all Christians, including non-premillennialists) is that they split the Second Coming into different events. In the case of the pre-trib view, Christ is thought to have three comings—one when he was born in Bethlehem, one when he returns for the rapture at the tribulation’s beginning, and one at tribulation’s end, when he establishes the millennium. This three-comings view is foreign to Scripture.

Problems with the pre-tribulational view are highlighted by Baptist (and premillennial) theologian Dale Moody, who wrote:
"Belief in a pre-tribulational rapture . . . contradicts all three chapters in the New Testament that mention the tribulation and the rapture together (Mark 13:24–27; Matt. 24:26–31; 2 Thess. 2:1–12). . . . The theory is so biblically bankrupt that the usual defense is made using three passages that do not even mention a tribulation (John 14:3; 1 Thess. 4:17; 1 Cor. 15:52). These are important passages, but they have not had one word to say about a pre-tribulational rapture. The score is 3 to 0, three passages for a post-tribulational rapture and three that say nothing on the subject.
. . . Pre-tribulationism is biblically bankrupt and does not know it" (The Word of Truth, 556–7).

the term "rapture" is derived from the text of the Latin Vulgate of 1 Thess. 4:17—"we will be caught up," [Latin: rapiemur]). :blink:

A more balanced perspective is given 2 Pet. 3:8–14
Rapture Catholic Answers

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
You responded to nothing from my post #255. You simply tried to re-start the argument again where you felt 'comfortable'. After the smoke screen from your other.

So, go back to post #255, and start again.

As for your last question, I did answer it on the last line.

Stranger
You last line:
"Knowlege of the Scriptures is progressive. Not contradictory, but progressive. The Jews refuse to believe Jesus Christ is found in their Scripture."

THAT'S your answer to my question about why this Millennial nonsense wasn't taught until 180 years ago?? Because knowledge of Scripture is "progressive"?? You actually believe that God kept this a SECRET from almost 2000 years worth of Christians?? That's not an answer - that's an invention.
Jesus didn't leave us with a Bible - He left us with a CHURCH to lead His people (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-`18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).

As to your question that I have repeatedly answered - humor me and be more specific about what you mean by the "who, when and where" of the 2 Judgments.
What, exactly do you want me to tell you that I haven't told you already??

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
You last line:
"Knowlege of the Scriptures is progressive. Not contradictory, but progressive. The Jews refuse to believe Jesus Christ is found in their Scripture."

THAT'S your answer to my question about why this Millennial nonsense wasn't taught until 180 years ago?? Because knowledge of Scripture is "progressive"?? You actually believe that God kept this a SECRET from almost 2000 years worth of Christians?? That's not an answer - that's an invention.
Jesus didn't leave us with a Bible - He left us with a CHURCH to lead His people (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-`18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).

As to your question that I have repeatedly answered - humor me and be more specific about what you mean by the "who, when and where" of the 2 Judgments.
What, exactly do you want me to tell you that I haven't told you already??

When Christ came he spoke of things never known before. Which means they were unknown to those under the Old Testament era. (Matt.13:35) "That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables;I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world." You believe that don't you? So 'revelation' from God is progressive.

Now that we have the Bible, our knowledge of it is progressive also. That is why we study it. To grow in knowledge of it. (Is. 28:9-10) "Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. For precept must be upon precept; line upon line, line upon a line; here a little, and there a little:"

You are still learning things in the Bible, are you not? Or have you obtained all knowledge of it already? Or, I'm sorry, has the Roman Church obtained all knowledge of it, because you don't get it unless they get it first.

Who are being judged. What is the judgment for? Where is the judgment taking place. When does the judgment take place.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
When Christ came he spoke of things never known before. Which means they were unknown to those under the Old Testament era. (Matt.13:35) "That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables;I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world." You believe that don't you? So 'revelation' from God is progressive.

Now that we have the Bible, our knowledge of it is progressive also. That is why we study it. To grow in knowledge of it. (Is. 28:9-10) "Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. For precept must be upon precept; line upon line, line upon a line; here a little, and there a little:"

You are still learning things in the Bible, are you not? Or have you obtained all knowledge of it already? Or, I'm sorry, has the Roman Church obtained all knowledge of it, because you don't get it unless they get it first.

Who are being judged. What is the judgment for? Where is the judgment taking place. When does the judgment take place.

Stranger
The Bible didn’t even exist completely until the end of the 4th century when the Canon was declared by the Catholic Church. Before that – there were MANY Books that were considered to be inspired and were read from pulpits during that time. The Bible is not the final Authority for Christians – the CHURCH is. NOWHERE in Scripture does Jesus ever give Supreme earthly Authority to the Bible – but He gave it to His CHURCH on several occasions:

Matt 16:18-19
And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever YOU bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever YOU loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

Matt. 18:15-18
Amen, I say to you, whatever YOU bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever YOU loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Luke 10:16
Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME. Whoever rejects YOU rejects ME. And whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent ME."

John 16:12-15
“I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear it now.
But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to ALL TRUTH. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to YOU the things that are coming.
He will glorify me, because he will TAKE from what is MINE and declare it to YOU.
Everything that the Father has is MINE; for this reason I told you that he will TAKE from what is MINE and declare it to YOU.

John 20:21-23
Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the holy Spirit. Whose sins YOU FORGIVE are forgiven them, and whose sins YOU RETAIN are retained.”

[SIZE=11pt]A.[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] As for the Judgment – it is for ALL people.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]B. The Particular Judgement, as I have repeatedly told you already – will take place upon each person’s death.
[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]The [/SIZE]General Judgment[SIZE=11pt], as I [/SIZE]repeatedly[SIZE=11pt] told you – will take place at the [/SIZE]2nd Coming[SIZE=11pt] of Christ.[/SIZE]

C. As for WHERE it will take place – in front of the Throne of God.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
18 Your covenant with death will be annulled; your agreement with the realm of the dead will not stand. When the overwhelming scourge sweeps by, you will be beaten down by it.

not sure how much plainer it could be made.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
The Bible didn’t even exist completely until the end of the 4th century when the Canon was declared by the Catholic Church. Before that – there were MANY Books that were considered to be inspired and were read from pulpits during that time. The Bible is not the final Authority for Christians – the CHURCH is. NOWHERE in Scripture does Jesus ever give Supreme earthly Authority to the Bible – but He gave it to His CHURCH on several occasions:

Matt 16:18-19
And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever YOU bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever YOU loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

Matt. 18:15-18
Amen, I say to you, whatever YOU bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever YOU loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Luke 10:16
Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME. Whoever rejects YOU rejects ME. And whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent ME."

John 16:12-15
“I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear it now.
But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to ALL TRUTH. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to YOU the things that are coming.
He will glorify me, because he will TAKE from what is MINE and declare it to YOU.
Everything that the Father has is MINE; for this reason I told you that he will TAKE from what is MINE and declare it to YOU.

John 20:21-23
Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the holy Spirit. Whose sins YOU FORGIVE are forgiven them, and whose sins YOU RETAIN are retained.”

[SIZE=11pt]A.[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] As for the Judgment – it is for ALL people.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]B. The Particular Judgement, as I have repeatedly told you already – will take place upon each person’s death.
[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]The [/SIZE]General Judgment[SIZE=11pt], as I [/SIZE]repeatedly[SIZE=11pt] told you – will take place at the [/SIZE]2nd Coming[SIZE=11pt] of Christ.[/SIZE]

C. As for WHERE it will take place – in front of the Throne of God.
Does the Roman church know everything about the Bible? Do you? Are you still learning?

Except the judgment of the Church is in the air. And concerns those also which do not die. (1Thess. 4:17) "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air;..." (2Cor. 5:10) "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad." This is a judgment for rewards for the believer. It is not a judgement to see if the believer goes to heaven or hell. (1Cor. 3:11-15) "....If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire."

Except those in (Matt. 25:32-34) didn't die and were then judged. They were living. And this took place on Earth at the Second Coming of Christ.

Except the Great White Throne judgment takes place after the Second Coming of Christ. (Rev. 20:7-15) " And when the thousand years are expired,...And I saw a great white throne,..from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away;...." And this judgment takes place not on earth or heaven. It is a judgment of works to determine eternal destiny. Not faith, which saves the believer.

So, which throne are you talking about?

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
Does the Roman church know everything about the Bible? Do you? Are you still learning?

Except the judgment of the Church is in the air. And concerns those also which do not die. (1Thess. 4:17) "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air;..." (2Cor. 5:10) "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad." This is a judgment for rewards for the believer. It is not a judgement to see if the believer goes to heaven or hell. (1Cor. 3:11-15) "....If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire."

Except those in (Matt. 25:32-34) didn't die and were then judged. They were living. And this took place on Earth at the Second Coming of Christ.

Except the Great White Throne judgment takes place after the Second Coming of Christ. (Rev. 20:7-15) " And when the thousand years are expired,...And I saw a great white throne,..from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away;...." And this judgment takes place not on earth or heaven. It is a judgment of works to determine eternal destiny. Not faith, which saves the believer.

So, which throne are you talking about?

Stranger
First of all - I don't even know what the "Roman Church" is.
I belong to the Catholic Church., which is the guardian of the Holy Deposit of faith (2 Tim 1:13-14).

Secondly - I never said that "everyone" will die. At the 2nd Coming, Christ will judge the living AND the Dead (2 Timothy 4:1, 1 Peter 4:5).
This is the General Judgement because MOST of the people in history will have already received the Particular Judgment.when they died.

2 Cor. 5:10 is about the General Judgement and NOT simply about "rewards". It says that we will be judged according to the good thing and the BAD things we did.
You don't get rewarded for doing bad.

As for your blunder that our works determine our destiny - this is where YOU don't understand what true faith is.
TRUE faith is belief AND works - as James exhaustively details in James 2.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
18 Your covenant with death will be annulled; your agreement with the realm of the dead will not stand. When the overwhelming scourge sweeps by, you will be beaten down by it.

not sure how much plainer it could be made.
Speaking in gibberish and non sequiturs gain, I see . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
First of all - I don't even know what the "Roman Church" is.
I belong to the Catholic Church., which is the guardian of the Holy Deposit of faith (2 Tim 1:13-14).

Secondly - I never said that "everyone" will die. At the 2nd Coming, Christ will judge the living AND the Dead (2 Timothy 4:1, 1 Peter 4:5).
This is the General Judgement because MOST of the people in history will have already received the Particular Judgment.when they died.

2 Cor. 5:10 is about the General Judgement and NOT simply about "rewards". It says that we will be judged according to the good thing and the BAD things we did.
You don't get rewarded for doing bad.

As for your blunder that our works determine our destiny - this is where YOU don't understand what true faith is.
TRUE faith is belief AND works - as James exhaustively details in James 2.
The 'Roman Church' is the church at Rome.

The judgment of the Church is in the air. Not on the earth. A judgment of works for the believer. (1Thess. 4:17) (2 Cor. 5:10) (1Cor. 3:11-15) This takes place before the Tribulation.

The 'Catholic Church' is the Universal Church, which I and all Christians are part of. I am part of the Catholic Church. But I am not part of the Roman Church. Roman Catholic is a contradiction. A universal coupled with a distinctive.

Sorry, but you quoted (Heb. 9:27) to prove the character of the judgments. Which states all die and then the judgments. So, if you are now saying everyone doesn't die, then who is it that doesn't die? How do they enter Heaven and not die? I believe (2Tim.4:1). Do you?

You say (2Cor. 5:10) says you don't get rewarded for doing bad things. Yet (1Cor. 3:14-15) says differently. "If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire." This is a judgment of works. The believers works. Not to get to heaven. But for reward, or lack of. Scripture is clear.

You place your 'general judgment' at the Second Coming of Christ. You fail to answer my point concerning the Great White Throne judgment of (Rev. 20:4-6). That takes place after the millennium. Which means there is a thousand years between these judgments. And it takes place not in heaven or the earth. Different judgments.

Who, what, when, and where. It's a killer. 'context'.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
The 'Roman Church' is the church at Rome.

The judgment of the Church is in the air. Not on the earth. A judgment of works for the believer. (1Thess. 4:17) (2 Cor. 5:10) (1Cor. 3:11-15) This takes place before the Tribulation.

The 'Catholic Church' is the Universal Church, which I and all Christians are part of. I am part of the Catholic Church. But I am not part of the Roman Church. Roman Catholic is a contradiction. A universal coupled with a distinctive.

Sorry, but you quoted (Heb. 9:27) to prove the character of the judgments. Which states all die and then the judgments. So, if you are now saying everyone doesn't die, then who is it that doesn't die? How do they enter Heaven and not die? I believe (2Tim.4:1). Do you?

You say (2Cor. 5:10) says you don't get rewarded for doing bad things. Yet (1Cor. 3:14-15) says differently. "If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire." This is a judgment of works. The believers works. Not to get to heaven. But for reward, or lack of. Scripture is clear.

You place your 'general judgment' at the Second Coming of Christ. You fail to answer my point concerning the Great White Throne judgment of (Rev. 20:4-6). That takes place after the millennium. Which means there is a thousand years between these judgments. And it takes place not in heaven or the earth. Different judgments.

Who, what, when, and where. It's a killer. 'context'.

Stranger
WRONG.
Contrary to what YOU were taught by the 180 year old false Millennial doctrines - Jesus comes ONE more time - not twice.
This pre-Tribulation "Rapture theology" is a man made invention of John Nelson Darby in the 1830's. NOWHERE does the bible speak of the Church being pulled off of the earth before the end of the world.
NOWHERE does it even hint that Jesus will come for His Church, go back to Heaven and them come back again.

Secondly - there is only ONE Catholic church, whose earthly headquarters is in Rome - and you're not a part of it.
"Roman Catholic Church" is not an official title of the Church. You know what the official title is? "The Catholic Church."

As for 2 Tim. 4:1, which you say you "believe" - it says the following:
"I solemnly charge you before God and Christ Jesus, who is going to judge the LIVING and the dead, and because of His appearing and His kingdom:"

See that - NOT all will die - just MOST of us.

1 Cor. 3:14-15 is about final purgation - PURGATORY.
It's not talking about Heaven because the person "suffers".
It's not talking about Hell because the person is "saved".
It's not talking about a THIRD state wherein the believer is eventually saved but only AFTER being purged of his impurity, which has been "burned away."

Finally - as to the Particular and Final Judgments - you've obviously been polluted by your 180-year-old doctrines and it appears that you are going to continue to believe this falsehood. Arguing about it with me isn't going to change your spiritually prideful mind - nor will it change mine, so why are you wasting your time?? Just read about what the historic Christian faith has always taught about it - all the way up to and after John Nelson Darby . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
from your pov, yes. Hopefully.

that is Scripture, after all, even if you don't like It.
Yes, Scripture that has nothing to do with the conversation.

Just stick to the topic. . .