Russia, Iran, Sudan, & Libya ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you crazy? An expert on all subjects has ALREADY asserted:

"Does God have plans ? I don't think he need plan anything, the chips will fall where they fall ... " *

You REALLY should listen to the EXPERTS.

* Quoted from Post #62.​

Whew,
Bobby Jo
I will listen to God, not any man.
God does not need plans, Satan needs plans.
God is ! and there for, you abide or you don't, that's free will, man has always failed don't you know and God wins in the end regardless.
Gods will is not planed, it's set in stone.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
God is ! and there for, you abide or you don't, that's free will, man has always failed don't you know and God wins in the end regardless.

Okay,so you say you listen to God.To listen is to read His Word,where in it does He say He doesn't have a plan?

Is not prophecy itself a plan?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote Belafonte:
"Does God have plans ? I don't think he need plan anything, the chips will fall where they fall ... "
Quoted from Post #62.
Quote Belafonte:
The plan was for all to come to Jesus Christ and that's the whole point in a nut shell.
Quoted from Post #66.
Quote Belafonte:
... God does not need plans, Satan needs plans.

Are there TWO of you, where one types while the other sleeps, and never the twain shall meet?

Whew,
Bobby Jo

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God has always had a divine Plan.
He put it in motion before the creation of the world....

He also has individual plans for us.:-

Jer 29 11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

He is the Master Planner. Satan only has a plan B.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Quote Belafonte:
"Does God have plans ? I don't think he need plan anything, the chips will fall where they fall ... "
Quoted from Post #62.
Quote Belafonte:
The plan was for all to come to Jesus Christ and that's the whole point in a nut shell.
Quoted from Post #66.
Quote Belafonte:
... God does not need plans, Satan needs plans.

Are there TWO of you, where one types while the other sleeps, and never the twain shall meet?

Whew,
Bobby Jo
Thing is that their is only one Plan with God the Plan, not plans ? their is a big difference you know.

Satan has plans to try and undermine God, but in the end such will fail and be exposed for what it is, we see this with Jesus talking to the Devil, the poor devil had no power over Jesus at all, as Jesus exposed him for the titch that he truly only is.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, Iran is in the news. Russia's been there, Lybia's been there, and Sudan hasn't. So why is it important to Christians now that Iran is in the spot light?

I don't know how many people are aware that Russia and Iran have a Mutual Defense Treaty, which stipulates that if one is attacked, the other must come to their assistance. It's not much different than the AXIS treaties between Germany, Italy, and Japan, -- so when the U.S. declared War on Japan in 1941 (Dec. 8th), within a few days Germany declared War on the United States (Dec. 11th).

But what happened in WWII was an anomaly. Mutual Defense Treaties are not invoked if their participants attack another country, but merely if another country attacks them.

So now that we should expect that the U.S. will take some type of assertive action, it will be interesting to see exactly how Russia rationalizes their coming to the "defense" of Iran.

Dan. 11:40 “At the time of the end the king of the south [the U.S. and her allies] shall thrust at him [?Iran?]; but the king of the north [Russia] shall rush upon him like a whirlwind, with chariots and horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall come into countries and shall overflow and pass through. 41 He shall come into the glorious land. And tens of thousands shall fall, but these shall be delivered out of his hand: Edom and Moab and the main part of the Ammonites. 42 He shall stretch out his hand against the countries, and the land of Egypt shall not escape. 43 He shall become ruler of the treasures of gold and of silver, and all the precious things of Egypt; and the Libyans and the Ethiopians [ancient "Ethiopia" included SUDAN] shall follow in his train.

And of course you can read a parallel depiction of this event in Ezekiel 38 & 39. But let's not forget CHINA:

Dan. 11:44 But tidings from the east [China] and the north [dissent within Russia] shall alarm him, and he shall go forth with great fury to exterminate and utterly destroy many.

Then finally the U.N. will come on scene:

Dan. 11:45 And he [the U.N.] shall pitch his palatial tents between the sea and the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, with none to help him.

Isn't Bible Prophecy fascinating? And we're watching it live on TV!
Bobby Jo

Come on! These countries are our new friends! Just ask Trump...

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently on August 17th the Trump Administration has filed court documents seeking a warrant against the Iranian oil tanker Adrian Darya 1 (formerly Grace 1), then presently held in the island of Gibraltar:

Court Documents Show U.S. Seeks Seizure of Iranian Tanker Violating Sanctions
"... The warrant for the seizure of the tanker, which carries 2.1 million barrels of oil, was issued by the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia and addressed to “the United States Marshal’s Service and/or any other duly authorized law enforcement officer.”

The vessel is due to arrive in Turkey on August 31st:

Iranian oil tanker changes course to Turkey | DW | 24.08.2019
" ... The ship-tracking website MarineTraffic.com showed the tanker, which is carrying 2.1 million barrels of Iranian crude oil worth some $130 million (€115 million), as being south of Sicily, and has updated its listed destination to the port of Mersin in southern Turkey. The site estimated that the tanker would arrive in Mersin on August 31. ..."

It doesn't appear that the U.S. law enforcement agencies will interdict this vessel, but the Iranians still have not released the illegally detained (pirated) British oil tanker Stena Impero which has been held since 7/20 -- over five weeks.

It'll be interesting to see what happens now that the G7 is behind us,
Bobby Jo

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
Yeah, Iran is in the news. Russia's been there, Lybia's been there, and Sudan hasn't. So why is it important to Christians now that Iran is in the spot light?

I don't know how many people are aware that Russia and Iran have a Mutual Defense Treaty, which stipulates that if one is attacked, the other must come to their assistance. It's not much different than the AXIS treaties between Germany, Italy, and Japan, -- so when the U.S. declared War on Japan in 1941 (Dec. 8th), within a few days Germany declared War on the United States (Dec. 11th).

But what happened in WWII was an anomaly. Mutual Defense Treaties are not invoked if their participants attack another country, but merely if another country attacks them.

So now that we should expect that the U.S. will take some type of assertive action, it will be interesting to see exactly how Russia rationalizes their coming to the "defense" of Iran.

Dan. 11:40 “At the time of the end the king of the south [the U.S. and her allies] shall thrust at him [?Iran?]; but the king of the north [Russia] shall rush upon him like a whirlwind, with chariots and horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall come into countries and shall overflow and pass through. 41 He shall come into the glorious land. And tens of thousands shall fall, but these shall be delivered out of his hand: Edom and Moab and the main part of the Ammonites. 42 He shall stretch out his hand against the countries, and the land of Egypt shall not escape. 43 He shall become ruler of the treasures of gold and of silver, and all the precious things of Egypt; and the Libyans and the Ethiopians [ancient "Ethiopia" included SUDAN] shall follow in his train.

And of course you can read a parallel depiction of this event in Ezekiel 38 & 39. But let's not forget CHINA:

Dan. 11:44 But tidings from the east [China] and the north [dissent within Russia] shall alarm him, and he shall go forth with great fury to exterminate and utterly destroy many.

Then finally the U.N. will come on scene:

Dan. 11:45 And he [the U.N.] shall pitch his palatial tents between the sea and the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, with none to help him.

Isn't Bible Prophecy fascinating? And we're watching it live on TV!
Bobby Jo

You seem to have skipped 39 verses in,daniel 11 so you could arrive at Russia as the king of the north and USA as the king of the south.
Did you sleep through the previous 39 verses or you just didnt understand them?

The king of the north invaded the south two times prior to dan 11:40.
Can you tell us when Russia had previously invaded the USA in the previous verses?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to have skipped 39 verses in,daniel 11 ...

Daniel 11:2 “And now I will show you the truth. Behold, three more kings shall arise in Persia, and a fourth shall be far richer than all of them. And when he has become strong through his riches, he shall stir up all against the kingdom of Greece.

Let's start at the beginning. Who are the three more and fourth?

539 - 530 Cyrus the Great
530 - 522 Cambyses
522 - 486 Darius I (Hystaspes)
486 - 465 Xerxes
465 - 423 Artaxerxes I
423 Xerxes II - few weeks
423 Sogdianus - six months
423 - 404 Darius II
404 - 359 Artaxerxes II
359 - 338 Artaxerxes III (Ochus)
338 Arses
338 - 330 Darius III (Codomanus)

If you can solve the simple, then we can proceed to the complex!

Also, PLEASE obey the Angel's instructions as directed:

Daniel 12:4 But you, Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”
9 He said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end.

Yeah, good luck on that!
Bobby Jo

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
Daniel 11:2 “And now I will show you the truth. Behold, three more kings shall arise in Persia, and a fourth shall be far richer than all of them. And when he has become strong through his riches, he shall stir up all against the kingdom of Greece.

Let's start at the beginning. Who are the three more and fourth?

530 - 522 Cambyses
486 - 465 Xerxes
465 - 423 Artaxerxes I
423 - 404 Darius II
404 - 359 Artaxerxes II
338 Arses

If you can solve the simple, then we can proceed to the complex!

Also, PLEASE obey the Angel's instructions as directed:

Daniel 12:4 But you, Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”
9 He said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end.

Yeah, good luck on that!
Bobby Jo
So you acknowledge Russia is not the king of the north and the USA is not the king the south in the previous two wars between the king of the north and the king of the south in daniel 11.

Thank you

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you acknowledge Russia is not the king of the north and the USA is not the king the south in the previous two wars between the king of the north and the king of the south in daniel 11.

Thank you

There's a reason the Ottoman empire served the Kaiser in WWI...

Hint: Duke of Baden

Peace!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is just an unbiblical thought, sorry.

“Have you not heard
that I determined it long ago?
I planned from days of old
what now I bring to pass,
that you should turn fortified cities
into heaps of ruins, -2 Kings 19:25

The counsel of the LORD stands forever,
the plans of his heart to all generations. -Psalm 33:11

The LORD of hosts has sworn:
As I have planned,
so shall it be
and as I have purposed,
so shall it stand, -Isaiah 14:24

O LORD, you are my God;
I will exalt you; I will praise your name,
for you have done wonderful things,
plans formed of old, faithful and sure. -Isaiah 25:1

“‘Have you not heard
that you should make fortified cities
crash into heaps of ruins, -Isaiah 37:26

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. -Jeremiah 29:11

But they do not know
the thoughts of the LORD;
they do not understand his plan,
that he has gathered them as sheaves to the threshing floor. -Micah 4:12

this Jesus, delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men. -Acts 2:23

to do whatever your hand and your plan had predestined to take place. -Acts 4:28

as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth. -Ephesians 1:10

and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God, who created all things, -Ephesians 3:9

I think we can safely say that God, indeed, makes plans. Divine, assured, predestined plans.
The devil? Now, the bible tells us he schemes. It tends to use that word, 'scheme' a lot in terms of evil doers.

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. -Ephesians 6:10–11

so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. -Ephesians 4:14

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you acknowledge Russia is not the king of the north ...

Simple question:

Who are the three more and fourth?

530 - 522 Cambyses
486 - 465 Xerxes
465 - 423 Artaxerxes I
423 - 404 Darius II
404 - 359 Artaxerxes II
338 Arses

Either you have an answer or you have no clue. :)

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all,

Our esteemed PROPHECY EXPERTS can't resolve simple world history, and we're supposed to trust them to explain the future?!?

Whew,
Bobby Jo

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is just an unbiblical thought, sorry.

“Have you not heard
that you should turn fortified cities
into heaps of ruins, -2 Kings 19:25

The counsel of the LORD stands forever,
the plans of his heart to all generations. -Psalm 33:11

The LORD of hosts has sworn:
As I have planned,
so shall it be
and as I have purposed,
so shall it stand, -Isaiah 14:24

O LORD, you are my God;
I will exalt you; I will praise your name,
for you have done wonderful things,
plans formed of old, faithful and sure. -Isaiah 25:1

“‘Have you not heard
that you should make fortified cities
crash into heaps of ruins, -Isaiah 37:26

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. -Jeremiah 29:11

But they do not know
the thoughts of the LORD;
they do not understand his plan,
that he has gathered them as sheaves to the threshing floor. -Micah 4:12

this Jesus, delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men. -Acts 2:23

to do whatever your hand and your plan had predestined to take place. -Acts 4:28

as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth. -Ephesians 1:10

and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God, who created all things, -Ephesians 3:9

I think we can safely say that God, indeed, makes plans. Divine, assured, predestined plans.
The devil? Now, the bible tells us he schemes. It tends to use that word, 'scheme' a lot in terms of evil doers.

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. -Ephesians 6:10–11

so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. -Ephesians 4:14
That's all about the OT but with the NT all you need do is abide in Jesus Christ end of story.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's all about the OT but with the NT all you need do is abide in Jesus Christ end of story.
Wait...so...God had plans in the OT, but now in the NT he doesn't? Even though some of those bible passages I provided talking about God's plans were FROM the NT?
How about these bible verses: the ones that says God never changes (Jas 1:17; Heb 13:8; Num 23:19). God's plans for redemption in the OT are still his plans in the NT and also now. They always were about Christ in the OT and still are. So, while I appreciate the "all you need is Jesus" sentiment, you are taking that truth and dismissing other, very biblical truth with it. Which, I'm afraid, still makes you wrong.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

Some "experts" anticipate that the U.S. will have to militarily punish Iran (they use the term "kinetic") for taking out half of the Saudi refineries in the September 14 drone strike. Of course there first has to come the politically correct "olive branch", and within a couple of weeks after the strike we should anticipate the "kinetic" response.

But with the U.N. Session planned this week, the U.S. will present evidence for Iran's involvement, so a "kinetic" response will probably be closer to 3-4 weeks for an early to mid October timeline.

And then mobilizations and offensive operations will apparently take until early March to reach the borders of Israel:

Matt. 24:20 Pray that your flight may not be in winter or on a sabbath.

Or so it might appear,
Bobby Jo

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wait...so...God had plans in the OT, but now in the NT he doesn't? Even though some of those bible passages I provided talking about God's plans were FROM the NT?
How about these bible verses: the ones that says God never changes (Jas 1:17; Heb 13:8; Num 23:19). God's plans for redemption in the OT are still his plans in the NT and also now. They always were about Christ in the OT and still are. So, while I appreciate the "all you need is Jesus" sentiment, you are taking that truth and dismissing other, very biblical truth with it. Which, I'm afraid, still makes you wrong.
It's called a blueprint. so when we look to the OT this is the blueprint and when one understands who Jesus Christ truly is, then you just abide in him only, as their is noting more to such than that really and if one does not understand who Jesus Christ is, then that's a only being religious and lost, so they look to another because they are lost.

This is the Plan or the blueprint of the OT that Jesus Christ is to come and when he comes the plan is finished, or the House is completed lets say and you only need abide in him only. because you are at home in the Lords Salvation and you have everything that one needs as Jesus is the wellspring. so outside of that there is nothing worthy. but many deceptions that try to lead you astray, but you only need Christ Jesus as your guide as the rest is just garbage. the thing is that all have to come to Christ Jesus and be born again end of story. the rest is just window shopping and humanistic dribble.

Gods plan has never changed, it's still the same plan, only Christ Jesus has come and brought Grace into the world and this is what all people ever needed. abide in Grace is the key for without Grace you are a Slave to Sin. there is nothing more to the fact.

Many people have a perception of Jesus plus all the add on too that they make up. but there is no add on to such at all. you abide or you don't, it's as simple as that in reality.

After the Hellfire to come, because most people have turned from God, people will find out that all that they ever needed was Christ Jesus foremost in there lives as the Key. not to mention that if we all had the key, then there would not come Hellfire to such a people as the Hellfire only becomes due to fools who are led by Satan. so all people who look forward to the rapture are of Satan, for they are truly lost. they should abide in Jesus Christ only and not get caught in abiding with worldly works.
When I talk to such people they claim not to have a works religion but fact is they sure do, only they can't see that they in fact do have a mans works based religion, yet reject that they do because they are blinded to the reality.