Sabbath-Keeping

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
We who believe in the doctrine of the perseverance of the saints in no way profess a dead faith, nor are we antinomians...yet when it comes to soteriology we do believe we are saved through the belief of the death of Jesus Christ for our sins and His resurrection. This is the entirety of the gospel for salvation.

What we believe about works is it is the natural progression and out working of being born again. These works do nothing to secure or maintain our salvation. These works are accredited to God as working in and through us.

We do not believe that sin will disqualify any born again believer for the free gift of salvation. All sin is deliberate, yet repentance is the natural working of God in us through the conviction He places on us. We believe as His children we are chastised but not condemned.

Sin bringing death vs losing salvation are two completely different subjects. Please stick to the topic at hand.

And because we live in a fallen world is the main reason why we are covered in the blood of Jesus. Instead of actually learning what Matt 5:22 NIV really means, you continue on with your rants.

The "lost" represents nonbelievers Barrd.

I agree.

The devil has convinced you of what you think we believe. Walk away from the voices Barrd. We don't think these things. I have been posting these scriptures for the past month. Maybe you should read them this time...Rom 6:14 NIV, 1 John 3:6 NIV, 1 John 3:9 NIV, 1 John 5:18 NIV

Believers not being condemned is simply a fact of God. If you have issues with that, then I suggest you pray about it...Mark 16:16 NIV, John 3:18 NIV, John 5:28-29 NIV, John 8:11 NIV, John 16:11 NIV, Rom 3:6-8 NIV, Rom 5:16 NIV, Rom 8:1-2 NIV, Rom 8:34 ESV, Col 2:13-15 NIV, 2 Thess 2:11-12 NIV, 2 Pet 2:3 NIV, 1 John 3:21 NIV, Jude 1:4-5 NIV

Believers no longer have the spirit of fear...Rom 8:15 ESV, 2 Tim 1:7 ESV, Heb 2:14-15 ESV, 1 John 4:18 ESV

And who is He casting into hell Barrd, Rev 20:15 NIV.....

Luke 10:18-20 NIV He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 20However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”

Phil 4:3 NIV Yes, and I ask you, loyal yokefellow, help these women who have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.

Heb 12:22-24 NIV But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, 23to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, 24to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

Rev 3:5 NIV The one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels.

Rev 13:8 NIV All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the Lamb’s book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world.

Rev 17:8 NIV The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and yet will come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because it once was, now is not, and yet will come.

Rev 20:12-15 NIV And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Rev 21:27 NIV Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
You still haven't figured out that nobody is interested in wasting their time reading your long posts, have you? Uppsaladragby couldn't either. K-I-S-S

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
Sin bringing death and losing salvation are not different topics.
Well they are different topics. Jesus died for all sins. You haven't accepted this historical fact yet, or have you?

Phoneman777 said:
ATP, "waning", "cooling" and "chilling" have to do with the process by which their agape would grow cold and dead, not the end result of that process which is COLD, DEAD AGAPE. Jesus didn't say their agape would "cool off somewhat but still remain" as you so desperately want the verse to mean. The little word "but" of the following verse is a "conjunction which contrasts what is previously mentioned" and when Jesus says "But he that shall endure to the end, the same shall be saved",
There is no reason to think "sbennumi" and "psucho" are antonyms. Funny how in Rev 3:10 NIV the word "téreó" means preserve. The hour of trial is tribulation and war....

http://biblehub.com/matthew/24-13.htm- the same shall be saved; with a temporal salvation, when Jerusalem, and the unbelieving inhabitants of it shall be destroyed: for those that believed in Christ, many of them, through persecution, were obliged to remove from thence; and others, by a voice from heaven, were bid to go out of it, as they did; and removed to Pella, a village a little beyond Jordan (u), and so were preserved from the general calamity; and also with an everlasting salvation, which is the case of all that persevere to the end, as all true believers in Christ will.

If I'm wrong then Jesus only died partially for our sins. Jesus is the one who is alive in us and working through us........

Phil 1:6 NIV being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Heb 7:23-25 NIV Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24 but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

1 John 2:5 NIV But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him:

Phoneman777 said:
Also, why do you accept Jesus' general definition of the "works of God" which is "believe" but reject Jesus' specific definition of "works" given to us through the Jesus-inspired writings of James, which clearly includes obedience to "thou shalt not kill" and "thou shalt not commit adultery" through the indwelling power of Jesus in the life? Cherry picking is unacceptable exegesis, friend.
I don't reject the ten commandments. I never said I did, rather we are no longer condemned under the Law but are now part of Grace Rom 6:14 NIV.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
You still haven't figured out that nobody is interested in wasting their time reading your long posts, have you? Uppsaladragby couldn't either. K-I-S-S
Of course you're not interested. I understand. The truth is hard to stomach.

Matt 13:21 NIV But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
Quenching the Spirit is the Unpardonable Sin because a backsliding saint's refusal to heed the pleadings of the Holy Spirit to return to Him will result in the loss of that saint's ability to ask for pardon due to the loss of the sense of need for that pardon, in the same way quenching your thirst causes you to no longer feel thirsty.
Quenching the spirit is not the unpardonable sin. The only unpardonable sin today is that of continued unbelief. There is no pardon for a person who dies in unbelief...http://www.gotquestions.org/unpardonable-sin.html

What does "enter my rest" mean here....

Rom 11:20 NIV Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble. 21For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

Rom 11:23 NIV And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

Heb 3:16-19 NIV Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt? 17And with whom was he angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies perished in the wilderness? 18And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed? 19So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief.

Heb 4:3 ESV For we who have believed enter that rest, as he has said, “As I swore in my wrath, ‘They shall not enter my rest,’” although his works were finished from the foundation of the world.

- ATP

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
GerhardEbersoehn said:
Truth here tells you, "the one who believes, HAS [been given] eternal life."

The NIV is again lying.
Correct, and we have been given eternal life by doing what? Believing! What are we believing in Gerhard. "Has been given", past tense.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
ATP said:
Well they are different topics. Jesus died for all sins. You haven't accepted this historical fact yet, or have you?
ATP, death is the wages of sin. Sin brings death. The soul that sinneth, it shall die. Those not found in the Lamb's Book of Life are cast into the Lake of Fire....which is the second death. Do any of those phrases sound even vaguely familiar to you?
Yes, ATP, I know that Jesus died for all sins. I also know that all sins need to be repented of. All of them.
OSAS lures people into thinking that their sin doesn't really matter, since they honestly believe that their sin won't send them to hell, even though the Bible says that sin is exactly what sends people to hell. I've seen all of your "Blessed Assurance" verses, ATP....I've read them all, numerous times. I know that those verses are in the Bible....but I also know that there are many, many other verses that warn us that we must continue to work out our salvation with fear and trembling. There are many, many other verses that talk about how a person can lose his or her salvation, and even verses that talk about people who have already lost their salvation. Yes, I know that OSAS attempts to explain those verses away, but, so far as I can make out, that such attempts have been a miserable failure.
I do understand the attraction of OSAS. In fact, I understand the temptation of the whole Calvinist gig. Predestination is a very attractive notion...the idea that I...yes, even I...have been chosen by God before the foundation of the world! What a concept! And now that God has chosen me....yes me!...He will save me from the consequences of any stupid thing I might do....no matter who I may hurt in the doing. God surely loves me...yes, ME!...because, obviously He sees that I....yes even I...am so much better than all those thousands of evil people, with their desperately wicked hearts, that He did not choose. Yes, God is certainly discerning, to see how good I...yes, even I...am. Oh, yes. Calvinism...and especially the OSAS doctrine...have a definite appeal...to our sinful pride.
But, sadly, it is a scam. God didn't "predestine" anyone. The offer of grace is free to all who will accept it. Did He know in advance who would accept it and who wouldn't? I'm sure He did, and does...in the same way that I could probably have told you which of my girls would accept that date...and which ones would turn it down...because I know my kids....and God certainly knows us. But knowing ahead of time what we will do is not the same thing as choosing us ahead of time to do it. Did God "predestine" Mohammed to come up with the Koran? For that matter, did He "predestine" Isaac to give birth to the children who would eventually become Arabia, in the first place? Did God "predestine" those who will not come to Him....did He create them on purpose, knowing that they would wind up in hell? If that is true, then God is a liar, and our faith all a huge sham.

ATP said:
I don't reject the ten commandments. I never said I did, rather we are no longer condemned under the Law but are now part of Grace Rom 6:14 NIV.
But you do reject the commandments. You think that, because we are no longer under the law, but under grace, that we may pick and choose which commandments we like, and which ones we do not. You think the New Covenant frees you from God's law, even though Jeremiah and the writers of Hebrews both specifically state that God's law is a part of both Covenants...and even though Jesus redefined all ten of those original commandments.
Yes, even the fourth one...which is how this OSAS debate got started in the first place.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:

Matt 13:21 NIV But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away.
Truth? Nah, there's no truth in the idea that Dead Faith can obtain only that which Living Faith can obtain: Eternal Life

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Quenching the spirit is not the unpardonable sin. The only unpardonable sin today is that of continued unbelief. There is no pardon for a person who dies in unbelief...http://www.gotquestions.org/unpardonable-sin.html

What does "enter my rest" mean here....

Rom 11:20 NIV Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble. 21For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

Rom 11:23 NIV And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

Heb 3:16-19 NIV Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt? 17And with whom was he angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies perished in the wilderness? 18And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed? 19So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief.

Heb 4:3 ESV For we who have believed enter that rest, as he has said, “As I swore in my wrath, ‘They shall not enter my rest,’” although his works were finished from the foundation of the world.

- ATP
The devils aren't going to die in unbelief, ATP, they will die while believing that Jesus is the Son of God, though they once were fully surrendered to God and loved Him with agape love. The same will be the case for those who turn back to the world and commit the Unpardonable Sin, which is ANY sin that we fail to ask forgiveness of - unpardonable because God can't pardon those who no longer seek pardon.

BTW, are you convinced that the "cold agape" of those saints of Matthew 24:12 KJV is "dead agape", or are you still clinging to this notion that their "imperfect agape" is agape that God perfected in them?

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:

I think Phoneman has the same problem with those long, wall of text posts that I do. The first couple of times, I was willing to read them through, and even look up all the verses you would post in them. After awhile, I could almost predict what you would say in them....and finally, it became totally boring...*yawn*. Like watching the same old boring movie for the hundredth time...

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
ATP, death is the wages of sin. Sin brings death. The soul that sinneth, it shall die.
1 Cor 15:55-57 NIV “Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?” 56The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

The Barrd said:
Yes, ATP, I know that Jesus died for all sins. I also know that all sins need to be repented of. All of them.
Rom 7:21-25 NIV So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

The Barrd said:
OSAS lures people into thinking that their sin doesn't really matter
We who believe in the doctrine of the perseverance of the saints in no way profess a dead faith, nor are we antinomians...yet when it comes to soteriology we do believe we are saved through the belief of the death of Jesus Christ for our sins and His resurrection. This is the entirety of the gospel for salvation.

What we believe about works is it is the natural progression and out working of being born again. These works do nothing to secure or maintain our salvation. These works are accredited to God as working in and through us.

We do not believe that sin will disqualify any born again believer for the free gift of salvation. All sin is deliberate, yet repentance is the natural working of God in us through the conviction He places on us. We believe as His children we are chastised but not condemned.

The Barrd said:
so far as I can make out, that such attempts have been a miserable failure.
1 John 5:9-14 NIV We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

The Barrd said:
But, sadly, it is a scam. God didn't "predestine" anyone.
Predestination is referring to after salvation.

Phil 1:6 NIV being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

The Barrd said:
But you do reject the commandments. You think that, because we are no longer under the law, but under grace, that we may pick and choose which commandments we like, and which ones we do not. You think the New Covenant frees you from God's law, even though Jeremiah and the writers of Hebrews both specifically state that God's law is a part of both Covenants...and even though Jesus redefined all ten of those original commandments.

Phoneman777 said:
Truth? Nah, there's no truth in the idea that Dead Faith can obtain only that which Living Faith can obtain: Eternal Life
Eternal life is obtained by believing..John 3:14-16 NIV, John 3:36 NIV, John 4:13-14 NIV, John 5:24 NIV, John 5:39-43 NIV, John 6:40 NIV, John 6:47 NIV, John 6:54 NIV, John 10:25-30 NIV, John 17:1-3 NIV, Acts 13:46-48 NIV, Rom 5:21 NIV, Rom 6:22-23 NIV, Eph 1:13-14 NIV, 2 Thess 2:16-17 NIV, 1 Tim 1:15-16 NIV, Tit 1:1-3 NIV, Tit 3:7 NIV, Heb 9:12 NIV, Heb 9:15 NIV, 1 John 1:1-4 NIV, 1 John 5:9-14 NIV, 1 John 5:20 NIV

Phoneman777 said:
The devils aren't going to die in unbelief, ATP, they will die while believing that Jesus is the Son of God, though they once were fully surrendered to God and loved Him with agape love.
Demons believe Jesus is the Christ, but they do not accept Christ as their Savior Rom 10:9 NIV. :rolleyes:

Phoneman777 said:
The same will be the case for those who turn back to the world and commit the Unpardonable Sin, which is ANY sin that we fail to ask forgiveness of - unpardonable because God can't pardon those who no longer seek pardon.
No silly, the unpardonable sin is dying in unbelief. For we who have believed enter that rest Heb 4:3 ESV. What does "enter my rest" mean here...

Phoneman777 said:
BTW, are you convinced that the "cold agape" of those saints of Matthew 24:12 KJV is "dead agape", or are you still clinging to this notion that their "imperfect agape" is agape that God perfected in them?
The Holy Spirit can certainly be quenched, but He will never leave you, ever.

Heb 9:12 NLT With his own blood--not the blood of goats and calves--he entered the Most Holy Place once for all time and secured our redemption forever.

Heb 13:5 NIV Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

2 John 1:2 NIV because of the truth, which lives in us and will be with us forever:

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
1 Cor 15:55-57 NIV “Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?” 56The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Rom 7:21-25 NIV So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

1 John 5:9-14 NIV We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

Predestination is referring to after salvation.

Eternal life is obtained by believing..John 3:14-16 NIV, John 3:36 NIV, John 4:13-14 NIV, John 5:24 NIV, John 5:39-43 NIV, John 6:40 NIV, John 6:47 NIV, John 6:54 NIV, John 10:25-30 NIV, John 17:1-3 NIV, Acts 13:46-48 NIV, Rom 5:21 NIV, Rom 6:22-23 NIV, Eph 1:13-14 NIV, 2 Thess 2:16-17 NIV, 1 Tim 1:15-16 NIV, Tit 1:1-3 NIV, Tit 3:7 NIV, Heb 9:12 NIV, Heb 9:15 NIV, 1 John 1:1-4 NIV, 1 John 5:9-14 NIV, 1 John 5:20 NIV

Demons believe Jesus is the Christ, but they do not accept Christ as their Savior Rom 10:9 NIV. :rolleyes:

No silly, the unpardonable sin is dying in unbelief. For we who have believed enter that rest Heb 4:3 ESV. What does "enter my rest" mean here...

Heb 9:12 NLT With his own blood--not the blood of goats and calves--he entered the Most Holy Place once for all time and secured our redemption forever.

Heb 13:5 NIV Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

2 John 1:2 NIV because of the truth, which lives in us and will be with us forever:
You know, it is becoming more and more evident that these are not even your own ideas....you are quoting...either from some book you have read, or from some sermon you have downloaded, or perhaps from some website...
And then you want to talk about doing my homework.
Son, you aren't even doing your own!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
you are quoting...either from some book you have read,
Yeah, it's called the Bible Barrd.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
Yeah, it's called the Bible Barrd.

Or some OSAS web site....
I suppose I could google it.
Shouldn't be too hard...

What the heck is an antinomian?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
Or some OSAS web site....
I suppose I could google it.
Shouldn't be too hard...

What the heck is an antinomian?
The only book these scriptures came out of is the Bible Barrd. Maybe you should get some sleep.............

ATP said:

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015

We do not believe that sin will disqualify any born again believer for the free gift of salvation. All sin is deliberate, yet repentance is the natural working of God in us through the conviction He places on us. We believe as His children we are chastised but not condemned

Mjrhealth quoted these exact words in his thread...."Play on words".
Ineresting, huh?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:

More verses claimed presumptuously by another who presumptuously believes that Dead Faith can obtain that which only Living Faith can obtain: Eternal Life.

Status
Not open for further replies.