Sabbath-Keeping

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Eternal life is obtained by believing.
The devils believe and tremble, ATP, but they will be lost because they rejected God as their Lord to be obeyed.

But YOU, on the other hand, somehow have concluded that "belief" is limited to only accepting Jesus as our "Savior from our sins" without doing that for which the devils will be lost: accepting Him as our Lord to be obeyed. God's going to condemn to hell the devils but spare humans who do the same thing? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

God will have no trouble condemning the "many" who enter the broad gate to destruction for in the Day of Judgment, false ideas will be laid bare for all who in willful ignorance embraced them, bro.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
We who believe in the doctrine of the perseverance of the saints in no way profess a dead faith, nor are we antinomians...yet when it comes to soteriology we do believe we are saved through the belief of the death of Jesus Christ for our sins and His resurrection. This is the entirety of the gospel for salvation.

What we believe about works is it is the natural progression and out working of being born again. These works do nothing to secure or maintain our salvation. These works are accredited to God as working in and through us.

We do not believe that sin will disqualify any born again believer for the free gift of salvation. All sin is deliberate, yet repentance is the natural working of God in us through the conviction He places on us. We believe as His children we are chastised but not condemned

Mjrhealth quoted these exact words in his thread...."Play on words".
Ineresting, huh?
They are from the poster "justaname"..We who believe...

Phoneman777 said:
More verses claimed presumptuously by another who presumptuously believes that Dead Faith can obtain that which only Living Faith can obtain: Eternal Life.
I'll take that as, you have no answer. ha.

Phoneman777 said:
The devils believe and tremble, ATP, but they will be lost because they rejected God as their Lord to be obeyed.
Uhh no. The devil was never found to begin with and will never be found.

Phoneman777 said:
But YOU, on the other hand, somehow have concluded that "belief" is limited to only accepting Jesus as our "Savior from our sins" without doing that for which the devils will be lost: accepting Him as our Lord to be obeyed. God's going to condemn to hell the devils but spare humans who do the same thing? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I've told you over and over that I do believe faith without works is dead. Either you're not listening or you don't care what I'm saying. That's not good.

Phoneman777 said:
God will have no trouble condemning the "many" who enter the broad gate to destruction for in the Day of Judgment, false ideas will be laid bare for all who in willful ignorance embraced them, bro.
Matt 7:13-14 NIV - In regards to Matt 7, this passage refers to salvation in Christ. Jesus is describing two gates, the gate to death Job 38:17 NIV, Psalm 107:18 NIV, Isa 38:10 NIV, Matt 16:18 NIV and the gate to heaven and eternal life Matt 7:14 NIV, Matt 22:14 NIV, Luke 13:22-30 NIV, John 10:9 NIV, John 14:6 NIV, Acts 14:27 NIV...

(Matt 7:13-14 NIV “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.)

The word "destruction" refers to the spirit of the antichrist...(2 Thess 2:3 NIV Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.)

Also, the word "perish" refers to nonbelievers...(John 3:16 NIV For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.)

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
ATP said:
I knew it wasn't original with you, ATP.
Don't ask me how I knew...but I knew.
Yeah, Justaname probably does know what an antinomian is...or he might have gotten it from somewhere else, who knows?

The point is, these aren't your own ideas. You are merely following someone else.

You didn't know that Satan was once one of God's holy angels? Really?
That's amazing....

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:

I'll take that as, you have no answer. ha.

I've told you over and over that I do believe faith without works is dead. Either you're not listening or you don't care what I'm saying. That's not good.

Matt 7:13-14 NIV - In regards to Matt 7, this passage refers to salvation in Christ. Jesus is describing two gates, the gate to death Job 38:17 NIV, Psalm 107:18 NIV, Isa 38:10 NIV, Matt 16:18 NIV and the gate to heaven and eternal life Matt 7:14 NIV, Matt 22:14 NIV, Luke 13:22-30 NIV, John 10:9 NIV, John 14:6 NIV, Acts 14:27 NIV...

(Matt 7:13-14 NIV “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.)

The word "destruction" refers to the spirit of the antichrist...(2 Thess 2:3 NIV Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.)

Also, the word "perish" refers to nonbelievers...(John 3:16 NIV For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.)
ATP, you preach faith without works because you yourself have claimed that "once a person is saved" he can go back out into the world and serve Satan and STILL make it into heaven. The Bible says that only "faith which works by love" can save us.

Your ignorance knows no bounds. The devils were once perfectly obedient but are now lost because of sin. Is it fair for God to pardon saints who turn back to sin when the devils are going to be condemned for turning to it as well? What a ridiculously twisted line of reasoning to say that God will punish demons for EXACTLY the same thing that He will ignore in humans.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Barrd said:
That's amazing....
He's absolutely confused to the nth degree, B.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
I knew it wasn't original with you, ATP.
Don't ask me how I knew...but I knew.
Yeah, Justaname probably does know what an antinomian is...or he might have gotten it from somewhere else, who knows?

The point is, these aren't your own ideas. You are merely following someone else.

That's amazing....
Well, I agree with what justaname said, so...stop blowing it out of proportion. Yes I knew Satan was once God's angel's. Everyone knows that Barrd. Lucifer.

Phoneman777 said:
ATP, you preach faith without works because you yourself have claimed that "once a person is saved" he can go back out into the world and serve Satan and STILL make it into heaven.
I believe in trusting in the finished work of the cross. How is that faith without works? :wacko:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Well, I agree with what justaname said, so...stop blowing it out of proportion. Yes I knew Satan was once God's angel's. Everyone knows that Barrd. Lucifer.

I believe in trusting in the finished work of the cross. How is that faith without works? :wacko:
LOL You believe in a half Gospel. The full Gospel is faith in Jesus as BOTH our Savior from sin AND our Lord Whom we obey by the power of His indwelling Spirit. This is not at all whatyou preach, bro.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
and you are seriously deceived depending on your self righteousness to keep you saved. that is sad man.
The more you speak, the more confused you reveal yourself to be. No one can keep God's commandments unless God resides in his heart, bro. That's why it's important that people learn that Dead Faith can't save anyone because it proves that the heart is devoid of salvation, though millions will go to hell trusting in Dead Faith.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
The full Gospel is faith in Jesus..
Faith in what He did on the cross Phoneman. What did He do on the cross?

Heb 7:23-25 NIV Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24 but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
The more you speak, the more confused you reveal yourself to be. No one can keep God's commandments unless God resides in his heart, bro. That's why it's important that people learn that Dead Faith can't save anyone because it proves that the heart is devoid of salvation, though millions will go to hell trusting in Dead Faith.
I agree. Faith without works is dead. In one ear and out the other, isn't that right Phone.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Devils who were once holy angels will go to hell for turning away from God. But, saints who once presented themselves "a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to the Lord" who turn away from Him will not? This is inconsistency in the highest order by deluded religionists who are trusting in the pipe dream of Salvation by Dead Faith.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:

Heb 7:23-25 NIV Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24 but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.
You wnat Jesus to be your Savior, but you'll be damned if you'll make Him your Lord, bro. That's the half Gospel of "salvation by Dead Faith".

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
I agree. Faith without works is dead. In one ear and out the other, isn't that right Phone.
Your ear, bro. Only a severely deluded individual would say in one breath that faith without works is dead, but in the next breath fiercely argue that works have nothing to do with faith.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:

Faith that His obedience excuses your disobedience is false faith, bro.

Rather, faith in His obedience until the death of the Cross took away our sins AND faith that His obedience in us is the evidence that we have accepted what He did on the Cross.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
You wnat Jesus to be your Savior, but you'll be damned if you'll make Him your Lord, bro. That's the half Gospel of "salvation by Dead Faith".
A half Gospel is depending on yourself and not the cross to keep you saved. Jesus didn't pay for just half of your sins. He paid the full penalty.

You want Jesus to be your Lord, but you'll be damned if you'll allow Him into your heart, "bro".

Rom 10:9-10 NIV If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
Your ear, bro. Only a severely deluded individual would say in one breath that faith without works is dead, but in the next breath fiercely argue that works have nothing to do with faith.
Only a severely deluded individual would deny what Jesus did on the cross for them. It's called humility.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
ATP, can an unsaved person render obedience?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
A half Gospel is depending on yourself and not the cross to keep you saved. Jesus didn't pay for just half of your sins. He paid the full penalty.

You want Jesus to be your Lord, but you'll be damned if you'll allow Him into your heart, "bro".

Rom 10:9-10 NIV If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
Just what does a lost person have to trust in?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
Rather, faith in His obedience until the death of the Cross took away our sins
Incorrect, Jesus obedience to the Father alone took away our sins. We are sinful, Jesus is sinless.

Phoneman777 said:
AND faith that His obedience in us is the evidence that we have accepted what He did on the Cross.
I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.