Sabbath-Keeping

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Lest make it simple,

no one has said the law has being done away with. Now the law under the old covenant given to Israel, only, was enforced and only brought death,the law of Love under Christ chooses not to do those things that the law spoke of. Now this is where the devil gets so many on that path to destruction, just one small detail takes one from love to the law.

If one is in Christ and one walks in love than one will love ones brother and guess what uphold the law without being condemend if one breaks it. Love allows for human frailty.
If one chooses to live by the law, one chooses to strive to keep the law, than one is no longer under grace, so now you have condemend yourself by the law,Why, because now it by your works that you try to keep the law, no longer is it grace you are walking under and so you have rejected the works of Jesus. And guess what you break one you break them all and there is only one payment, "blood". Thats why it says where the law is there is no more grace, it is a slap in the face of Jesus, So many do it and think its fun, not knowing they are leading them selves to destruction.

Jesus will not help anyone keep the law for if He did He would be undoing His own works.

In all His Love
Why do continue to quote half the Bible and preach a lopsided Gospel? The law was a minister of death to only them who put faith in it alone for their salvation. Otherwise, everyone who lived before the Cross is lost forever.

Remember, Jesus will say to the lost, "Depart from Me, ye that practice lawlessness", not "ye that practice the law". If you love Jesus and have accepted Him into your heart as BOTH your Savior and Lord, then start practicing the law, or else you will be told to depart from Him with the rest of the lawless ones.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CherubRam said:
1 Timothy 3:16 Holman bible foot note. Other mss read God
1 Timothy 3:16 NIV foot note. Some manuscripts God

1 Timothy 3:16 (New International Version)
16Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great:
He(a) appeared in a body,( B)
was vindicated by the Spirit,
was seen by angels,
was preached among the nations,
was believed on in the world,
was taken up in glory.

Footnotes:
a. 1 Timothy 3:16 Some manuscripts God
b. 1 Timothy 3:16 Or in the flesh

1 John 3:16 In this we have known the charity of God, because he hath laid down his life for us:...

The words (of God) are not in the original text of 1 John 3:16, but have been added.

NIV 1 John 5
6 This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 7 For there are three that testify: 8 the[See a] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

NIV Footnotes:
a.1 John 5:8 Late manuscripts of the Vulgate testify in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one. And there are three that testify on earth: the (not found in any Greek manuscript before the fourteenth century)

KJV 1 John 5:6
This is he that came by water and blood, Jesus Christ: not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit which testifieth, that Christ is the truth. 7And there are three who give testimony in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost. And these three are one.

1 John 5:7 implicitly states that all THREE are ONE.

This is the only verse in the Bible that explicitly states that all three persons are one.
Unfortunately, it was added to that verse.
No earlier version includes that last phrase about them being one.

The first 2 additions of Erasmus' master Greek text did not have this.
Stunica (a Catholic authority) demanded that he include the phrase.
Erasmus told Stunica that if he could provide one Greek manuscript with that phrase, he would include it.
But no Greek manuscripts up to that time had it.
Only Latin manuscripts had it. So Stunica had a Greek manuscript made up from the Latin and forced Erasmus to include it.

In 1514, before Erasmus had even begun to edit his text, but its publication was delayed until 1522, until permission of Pope Leo X had finally been obtained for it.

"The supreme Pontiff Leo X, Our Most Holy Father in Christ and Lord, desiring to favour this undertaking, sent from the apostolic library."
This is only a small sample of the many corruptions entered by the Catholics. The Judaizing Christians who had the original letters were killed by the Catholics, and the Catholics also burned the original scriptures, they then replaced them with their own versions.
This claim seems to have been accepted by all at that time.
In view of its inclusion in the Clementine edition of the Latin Vulgate (1592), in 1897 the Holy Office in Rome, a high ecclesiastical congregation, made an authoritative pronouncement, approved and confirmed by Pope Leo XIII, that it is not safe to deny that this verse is an authentic part of St. John's Epistle."
Isn't it interesting that Catholicism burned people at the stake for possessing and reading the Bible and are now perfectly happy for people to read it, AS LONG AS THE VERSION IS BASED ON THE CRITICAL GREEK TEXT?

Yes, they hated the Textus Receptus, and said, "Then the Bible, that serpent which with head erect and eyes flashing threatens us with its venom as it trails along the ground, shall be changed into a rod as soon as we are able to seize it...For three centuries past, this cruel asp has left us no repose...You well know with what folds it entwines us and with what fangs it gnaws us."

Yes, when after three hundred years of Protestantism slamming the Catholic church with the Textus Receptus Greek MSS New Testament and tje forerunners of it, the corrupted Critical Text was finally compiled by "Protestant" Catholic sympathizers Westcott and Hort, and they finally had their champion to rival the Textus Receptus and now just about every single new Bible version after 1900 is based on that corrupted MSS, while the Textus Receptus is despised and rejected by the whole of mainstream Protestantism.

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
Phoneman777 said:
I honestly believe this is one of your best posts, not due to its content, but because it is short and to the point.
How would you know if you don't read the longer ones?

Now, you claim the believer's obligation to the Ten Commandments ended with the end of the Mosaic Law, and in doing so you've bypassed "Warp Speed" and "Hyper Speed" on spaceship Luna-C and gone right to "Ludicrous Speed". The TC existed before Sinai and will exist for all eternity, because Cain murdered Abel and didn't argue the absence of the prohibition, but that the punishment he knew he deserved was too severe, Joseph called adultery "sin", which these and other sins occurred long before Moses. Deal with that.
Refuted: "BEFORE the law was given, sin was in the world" (Rom 5:13)

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
The Barrd said:
My contention is that the Law of Christ is the Ten Commandments...revised.
Show me where it isn't?
Sure! When Paul points out in 1 Cor 9:20,21 that he wasn't under Jewish law, which includes the 10 commandments, the then points out that he is under the law of Christ.

And of course you are quite welcome to point out YOUR scriptural evidence that the 10 commandments are the law of Christ. Good luck with that!

If you say that the Ten Commandments are "done away", then why is it not "OK" to break them?
Firstly, you err because my point was never that they were "done away with", but rather that they do not apply to Christains.

Secondly, they do not apply to Christians because we are under a far SUPERIOR covenant. (Heb 8:6)

You also make the incredibly stupid mistake of trying to argue against scripture with logical flaws. It does not follow that not being under the 10 commandments means that you are going to break them. That is like saying that removing a straightjacket from a sane person will make them insane. The law has been removed from those who believe due to the fact that God puts his trust in us. If we follow the Spirit then we FAR LESS LIKELY to indulge in sin than someone who thinks they need a ball and chain to restrain them.

So if you think that following the Spirit is the pathway to sin then I think that it is up to you to prove it ... instead of just blurting out logically flawed arguments.

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
The Barrd said:
Nobody wants to read huge walls of text.
Oh, you mean stuff like this:

Yes, Jesus knew that the Gentiles would be grafted in. Not only that, but one of His Own disciples was a greek...a man named Philip. It is a mistake to assume that everyone in the crowd that heard Him knew that the Sabbath was given only to the Jews. Among the multitudes that followed Him where ever He went, there were bound to be several Gentiles.
Besides, Jesus was always careful to say just what He meant. Evidently, He meant that the Sabbath was made for man, because that is what He said.

Now, I was always taught that the Egyptian slavery represents mankind's slavery to sin, which God, by His great power, has set us free from. Figuratively, then, we have all been set free by God's great power and strength...and the Sabbath is for all of us. I still do not see how this is a problem.

LOL...cat food? Yes, I'm afraid it was a very bad analogy. But you get credit for trying, anyway. I would have to agree with you that cat food is made for cats...all cats, not just cats living in Finland. And it is not for people...not any people, whether they live in Finland or not.
In the same way, the Sabbath is made for man...all of man, whether they are Jewish or Gentile. It is not made for cats, no matter whether their owners are Jewish or Gentile...

We are no longer under the Old Covenant, that is true. However, the New Covenant does include God's law. The difference is that
1. We no longer need a priesthood to teach us about God (although for some reason we still pay clergy for this), as we will know Him personally. Didn't Jesus say that HIs sheep know His voice, an He knows them? They will not listen to the voice of strangers.
2. Grace. Under the New Covenant, God has promised to forgive our sin. He didn't promise to take the law out of the way....but He did promise that we would be forgiven when we find it impossible to keep.

It being lawful to do good on the Sabbath day is a major issue. Each of the men accusing Jesus, He said, would help His animal if it fell into a pit, and yet they had a problem because He healed a man on that day, or because He and His disciples picked corn and warmed it between their hands on that day. Under the Old Covenant, either of those things was enough to get a person stoned...remember the guy picking up sticks?...but Jesus, Who is God in the flesh, explained that it was lawful to do good on the Sabbath.

It amazes me that people who refute the Sabbath always go to Paul. Poor, misunderstood Paul would be the first one to tell you that he is not the head of the church. If he were here for us to consult, he would tell us that if anything he said even seemed to contradict something that Jesus said, it is because we have misunderstood him. Paul says that we are not justified by works of the law, but he never tells us that it is alright for us to ignore the law, or to break the law. Paul, himself, says that he wishes to keep the law, but that his flesh makes it impossible for him, and he cries out "Who shall deliver me from this body of death"? We like to focus on the deliverance part...but I think we ought to take some time to consider what it means to be trapped in a body of death.
Yes, hallelujah that the Lord took our punishment and brought to us the gift of eternal life...but let's never forget the price He paid for that gift.
Long ago, someone told me that every cut of the whip that He bore was put there by our sin. I remember as a little girl crying my eyes out thinking about that. Little girl? The thought still breaks my heart, even as an old great grandmother...the little girl insides of me is still weeping at the thought that something I did caused His suffering.
I don't think we actually "get" that. By His stripes (stripes!) we are healed.

Therefore, do not judge me that I do my best to keep the Lord's Sabbath.
I also do not eat pork or shellfish...
If you come to my house for Easter dinner, you will not find a ham on my table. Just as well that my family prefers turkey...

And isn't it grand that in our time we have electric lights? We need not fear the darkness of the new moon...but there is another kind of darkness that we seem to have forgotten all about.

This controversy over the Sabbath is pure human foolishness.
and this:

Evidently, you see the Sabbath as a burden. That is very sad.
You know, I'd be willing to bet that you keep most of the law of Moses yourself, without even thinking about it. For instance, you bathe regularly in water, don't you? And you keep your clothing and your home clean? Mold or mildew are not allowed to grow unchecked in your house, I'd just about bet on it.
Of course, you are not obligated in any way to keep those laws any more, they are Old Covenant laws. Still...we do these things for our own health and comfort. And they are so much easier, with indoor plumbing, aren't they?
And speaking of indoor plumbing...you may not need a weapon with a spade on one end of it...but I'll bet that you do bury your waste when you relieve yourself, don't you? And you have a special place where you do this...of course the miracle of indoor plumbing is a very special blessing in this department, isn't it?
And you seem very sure that the Ten Commandments are "Old Covenant Law", and not binding on Christians in our day.
Yet I'm pretty sure that you don't worship any other gods...do you? You don't make idols to worship, I hope. You don't "take the Name of the Lord in vain"...of course, there are other ways to do that other than to use His Name as a swear word, but that's a whole other thread...
Skipping over the troublesome fourth command...
Do you honor your parents? That is, do you care for them in their old age? Or did you just stick them off into a home somewhere and forget them? I mean, as long as you are footing the bill for their care, you've "done your duty"...I do know Christians...or should I say "Christians" who think that way.
Have you killed anyone, that you know of?
I would ask you if you had committed adultery...but if you have, I doubt you'd type it out for us. After all, your spouse just might be in the room!
You don't have a penchant for taking things that don't belong to you, do you? Or are you one of those WalMart shoppers who take the "five-finger-discount"?
Are you a gossip? Do you tell nasty fibs about people? I hope not.
I'd bet that you don't purposely do any of those things, nor would you teach others that doing them would be okay. Yet, we aren't "under the law"...so what's the problem?
Of course, none of these things would make you very popular...with God or with men. And some of them could land you in prison...or worse!
And, of course, we know that the Lord expanded on these commandments while He was here with us. Didn't He?
Don't be such an utter hypocrite woman, because you can rest assured that I will call you out on it!

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
Phoneman777 said:
"Before the law was given" refers to the time before the law was given to an Israel steeped in Egyptian paganism and was commemorated by Pentecost.

It does NOT mean no law prohibiting the worship of false gods, idolatry, adultery, murder, etc. existed at all in the world, which you so desperately want the verse to teach.
You can desparately make things up as much as you want, but unless you can support it with scripture then what does it matter what you say? Paul, in the next verse said "Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses", indicating that the time before the law was given was the time BEFORE Moses gave the law to the Israelites.

Scripture says "Where there is no law, there is no transgression (of the law)" and "Sin is the transgression of the law" so even you should be able to conclude that "sin" is "the transgression of the law" from these two verses.
Sure! Sin entered the world due to transgression, but NOT transgression of the Mosaic law! Scripture explicitly states that the Mosaic law was not known to ANYONE before it was given by Moses at Sinai.

Listen and learn!

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
Phoneman777 said:
The law was a minister of death to only them who put faith in it alone for their salvation. Otherwise, everyone who lived before the Cross is lost forever.
Rubbish: "For we also have had the gospel preached to us, just as they did" (Heb 4:2)

Everyone had the chance to be justified through faith.

Remember, Jesus will say to the lost, "Depart from Me, ye that practice lawlessness", not "ye that practice the law". If you love Jesus and have accepted Him into your heart as BOTH your Savior and Lord, then start practicing the law, or else you will be told to depart from Him with the rest of the lawless ones.
"To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law)" (Rom 9:20)

I would just love to see you accuse the apostle Paul to his face of being lawless!!!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Its would be funny if it where not so sad, as Christ was always admoinshing the ones who practied the law, it was them who He said,

Joh 10:24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
Joh 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

or again

Joh 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
Joh 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Joh 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
Joh 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
Joh 8:35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
Joh 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Joh 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
Joh 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
Joh 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
Joh 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
Joh 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Joh 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
Joh 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
Joh 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Oh yes the ones who practised the law always looking for an excuse to stone Jesus, in the end They murdered Him..

But this is not for the lawyers but for those who seek the truth.

In all His Love

CherubRam

Jul 30, 2015
United States
The Barrd said:
I'm not really very familiar with other translations than the King James. That's the Bible my grandmother gave me when I was twelve, and it's been a Lamp unto my feet, and a Light unto my path ever since...I'm nearly 65 now, so that would be 52 years. It's not that have anything against any other translations...it is just that this is the one I know and love.
I study out of all the bibles. You should not be so trusting. Men are fallible, and men have translated or given their interpretations of the scriptures. Take responsibility for yourself, it is your duty, and not some other person.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
UppsalaDragby said:
How would you know if you don't read the longer ones?

Refuted: "BEFORE the law was given, sin was in the world" (Rom 5:13)
Misinterpreted verses don't refute anything. Did you even read what I posted?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
UppsalaDragby said:
Rubbish: "For we also have had the gospel preached to us, just as they did" (Heb 4:2)

Everyone had the chance to be justified through faith.

"To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law)" (Rom 9:20)

I would just love to see you accuse the apostle Paul to his face of being lawless!!!
Yes, to those who trusted in the law of Moses for salvation, Paul appeared himself to do the same, that he might win them to Christ and tell them not to steal (Ephesians 4:28 KJV), commit adultery (1 Corinthians 6:9-10 KJV), lie (Ephesians 4:29 KJV), and commend Gentile converts for keeping the seventh day Sabbath (Acts 13:42-44 KJV).

Yes, to say that God expects us to keep the Ten Commandments after we are converted is "rubbish", right?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Its would be funny if it where not so sad, as Christ was always admoinshing the ones who practied the law, it was them who He said,
Sure, that's why He always told people "go and sin - which is breaking the law according to 1 John 3:4 KJV - no more", because He didn't want people to keep the law. Likewise He didn't want them to keep the law when He said, "If ye love Me, keep My commandments", right?

Would Christ admonish people for practicing the law, and then tell these same people to exit stage left into hell fire on Judgment Day for not practicing the law (Matthew 7:23 KJV)?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
attempted to keep the law in their own strength
And that is exactly what you are doing. Your insistence in keeping the law shows that it has become a stumbling stone to you. You cant comprehend how Love operates. Love doesnt need rules to do whats right, love does because that is what Love is. God Is love, Jesus Is Love, Christ told us to Love. If we love Him than we love others, and guess what for the most part we will do whats right, we will mess up we are not perfect, that is what grace if for.

But you see that "law" demands perfection, the law "demands" adherence, the law "demands", a sacrifice on failure, that sacrifice must be blood, someone must pay, that is what the law does. There is no grace under the law, it is inflexible, all must be kept, fail one you fail them all. It was made for one who is perfect, not us, that is why Christ came, that is why it is written,

Rev 5:1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
Rev 5:2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
Rev 5:3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev 5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
Rev 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Cant you see only Christ was ever able and only He will ever be able, no matter how hard to try you will fail, it is an act of futility, given to man to show HE ( US) CAN NOT EARN GODS LOVE.

Be happy that God loves you as you are, prove you love Him by accepting His grace, believe Him and He will show you things you never knew.

Faith, that is what we live on, faith in Him, not in ourselves.

Is He not worth it.

The more you give in to Him, teh more He will come into you.

I die daily, more of Him less of Me...

In all His Love

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
And that is exactly what you are doing. Your insistence in keeping the law shows that it has become a stumbling stone to you. You cant comprehend how Love operates. Love doesnt need rules to do whats right, love does because that is what Love is. God Is love, Jesus Is Love, Christ told us to Love. If we love Him than we love others, and guess what for the most part we will do whats right, we will mess up we are not perfect, that is what grace if for.

But you see that "law" demands perfection, the law "demands" adherence, the law "demands", a sacrifice on failure, that sacrifice must be blood, someone must pay, that is what the law does. There is no grace under the law, it is inflexible, all must be kept, fail one you fail them all. It was made for one who is perfect, not us, that is why Christ came, that is why it is written,

Rev 5:1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
Rev 5:2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
Rev 5:3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev 5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
Rev 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Cant you see only Christ was ever able and only He will ever be able, no matter how hard to try you will fail, it is an act of futility, given to man to show HE ( US) CAN NOT EARN GODS LOVE.

Be happy that God loves you as you are, prove you love Him by accepting His grace, believe Him and He will show you things you never knew.

Faith, that is what we live on, faith in Him, not in ourselves.

Is He not worth it.

The more you give in to Him, teh more He will come into you.

I die daily, more of Him less of Me...

In all His Love
Bro, it's rather sad for you to accuse me of attempting to earn salvation by keeping the law ---the keeping of which is impossible without the indwelling power of Jesus --- when I myself have already shown you that Jesus Himself says that even keeping all of God's commandments perfectly all the time doesn't earn us anything, for we are "unprofitable servants". (Luke 17:10 KJV)

If you would not even consider for a moment defending the soldiers who drove nails through the hands and feet of Jesus, why are you such an adamant defender of continuing to engage in behavior that made necessary the death of Jesus in the first place, when doing so crucifies Jesus all over again and shames Him? (Hebrews 6:4-6 KJV).

BTW, the scroll with seven seals, which symbolizes a "last will and testament" of the Roman era, is a symbol of the inheritance of the saints bound within it along with the other elements of the prophecy and could not be opened by anyone "for all have sinned" - a reality that made John weep with anguish, until the Lamb came to open the scroll and loosed our inheritance along with all that was contained within: a prophecy of what the church would go through politically between the 1st Coming and the 2nd Coming. This parallels the seven churches and the seven trumpets, which are prophecies of what the church would go through spiritually and militarily respectively. The idea that God left us prophetically blind from the 1st Coming until the so called "pre-tribulation rapture" is utterly preposterous, and is a relatively new teaching among Protestants thanks to their stupidity in accepting Jesuit errors that were resisted for over 300 years.

This in no way should be interpreted to teach that people cannot overcome sin.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
mjrhealth said:
I never said that, that is twisting words, I sadi He would not help us keept the law, We either are under the law or grace, the law made for the perfetct man grace for us imperfect people. No one except he the SDA's go on spruking this, oh but than you go and break them" if that was so we would not have Love
Cool we all agree.

Now waht dont you understand, we cant earn our righteousness by the law, even teh SDa's agreee on that, now Christ fullfilled teh law, if He was to help us eran our righteousness by the law, guess what, the whole point of His death becmes a wasted effort. Yes Christ wil hep us be out best, but He is not about to undo all Hi good works so we can stand and proudly boast" I earned by rightrouness by teh law. look at me".

In all His Love
You say that Jesus will not help us to keep the law.
Okay...let's think about that.
1. I have a friend who is Wiccan. I am fascinated by her talk of her goddess, even tempted a little to find out more about this thing. I pray to Jesus Christ to help me to stay strong in my faith in the One God. Are you saying He will not hear my prayer?
2. Will He help me if I am tempted to put an idol of, say Diana the goddess, in my living room?
3. If I pray to Him to help me not to curse when I am frustrated...especially when it comes to throwing God's Name into my cursing, will He help me?
4. I already know He will help me to remember the Sabbath.
5. Sometimes I get frustrated with my parents. If I pray about it, will Jesus help me to keep my temper?
6. Surely He has already kept me from strangling "certain people"...I have prayed for patience...and He has answered me!
7. I have a weakness for a good looking man. What woman doesn't? But I do love my husband. Will Jesus help me to overcome my weakness so that I can be a faithful wife, if I ask Him?
8 I'm so tired of being so broke. That lady at Walmart left her purse in the Ladies Room. There's no one in there but me. She must have just cashed a check, because there are hundreds of dollars in cash in there. I'm tempted...oh, boy, am I tempted! Are you saying that Jesus will not help me to overcome this temptation?
9. Remember that new girl at work I mentioned? If I pray about it, will Jesus help me not to see her as a rival, but to welcome her with love, as I ought to do? Will He help me to overcome this temptation to make up vicious gossip about her?
10. Of course, He will help me when it comes to coveting what doesn't belong to me. Won't He?

The whole point of being "under grace" is that we cannot keep those commandments on our own. We need His help. Of course, He will help us, if we ask Him. To say that He will not is to spit on His cross...

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
UppsalaDragby said:
Oh, you mean stuff like this:

and this:

Don't be such an utter hypocrite woman, because you can rest assured that I will call you out on it!
Those are hardly full length sermons.
And I notice that you ignored both posts.
And finally...you may "call me out" all you like.
Who are you to me, anyway?
Why, in the name of all that is Holy, should I care if you "call me out"?
You have absolutely no authority over me, or anyone else here, so you can take your opinion and....um...
"Say, Kettle...have you met Pot?"

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CherubRam said:
I study out of all the bibles. You should not be so trusting. Men are fallible, and men have translated or given their interpretations of the scriptures. Take responsibility for yourself, it is your duty, and not some other person.
There's a great doc on Youtube called "Battle of the Bibles" which tells how the Textus Receptus New Testament Greek was replaced with the corrupted Critical Text, upon which all the new versions are based. (The evidence for corruption is presented.) It's by a brilliant professor who was once an atheist and staunch evolutionist who taught graduate and post graduate students for 20 years before through extraordinary circumstances became a follower of Jesus and is now a world wide lecturer of Creation and every other Biblical truth.

Tried to post the link, but an error occurred.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
UppsalaDragby said:
You can desparately make things up as much as you want, but unless you can support it with scripture then what does it matter what you say? Paul, in the next verse said "Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses", indicating that the time before the law was given was the time BEFORE Moses gave the law to the Israelites.

Sure! Sin entered the world due to transgression, but NOT transgression of the Mosaic law! Scripture explicitly states that the Mosaic law was not known to ANYONE before it was given by Moses at Sinai.

Listen and learn!
So silly.
It is only obvious that the Ten Commandments are natural law.
Of course, these laws have always existed.
I thought everyone knew that.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
mjrhealth said:

Joh 10:24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
Joh 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

or again

Joh 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
Joh 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Joh 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
Joh 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
Joh 8:35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
Joh 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Joh 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
Joh 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
Joh 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
Joh 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
Joh 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Joh 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
Joh 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
Joh 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Oh yes the ones who practised the law always looking for an excuse to stone Jesus, in the end They murdered Him..

But this is not for the lawyers but for those who seek the truth.

In all His Love
And how does all this prove that we need not concern ourselves with keeping the Lord's commandments?
Seems to me that you have made my case for me.
Thank you.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
Phoneman777 said:
Yes, to those who trusted in the law of Moses for salvation, Paul appeared himself to do the same, that he might win them to Christ and tell them not to steal (Ephesians 4:28 KJV), commit adultery (1 Corinthians 6:9-10 KJV), lie (Ephesians 4:29 KJV), and commend Gentile converts for keeping the seventh day Sabbath (Acts 13:42-44 KJV).

Yes, to say that God expects us to keep the Ten Commandments after we are converted is "rubbish", right?
Great post!

Status
Not open for further replies.