Sabbath-Keeping

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Broad is the way that leads to destruction, narrow is the way that leads to salvation, few shall find it...
You sunday, dec 25th and easter followers, why do you think that is? Revelation 17 and the rest of Revelation gives you a clue, about the Babylonian/Roman system you are following and how God is going to destroy this pagan based satanic system.....so be prepared!

And remember y"all....Salvation is through the Son of God, His grace and commandments, and NOT the sungod/satan and his days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origin.

zeke25 said:
Exodus 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

The Lord God both blessed the seventh day (what other day of the week did He specifically bless? None.)

Raeneske,

I couldn’t disagree more. There is no Scriptural support to align the 7th day of Creation Week with the Sabbath day in the Saturday slot. In fact, there are several other possibilities that the 7th day of Creation Week was not in the Saturday slot at all. I have Scriptural evidence that the 7th day of Creation Week was a Friday: http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showthread.php?6488-Calendar-of-Scripture. You do not have any Scriptural evidence that it was a Saturday.

The Saturday/Sabbath was never discussed in Genesis, through all the stories and patriarchs of that time all the way up to Exodus 16:23. No body practiced it, no one knew about it. In fact, the Scriptural evidence supports that the Saturday/Sabbath was given to Moses and Israel in Exodus 16:23, and never given to anyone prior to that, and never given to anyone after that. Look at Deuteronomy 5:15 KJV, "And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that [Yahowah] thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore [Yahowah] thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day." As you can read in verse fifteen, God gave the command to the Hebrews to keep the sabbath day of rest after He brought them out of the land of Egypt 430 years after He brought them into Egypt. This was circa 1,500 BC. If anyone can find an earlier date that God told anyone to keep the sabbath, or even told anyone that there was such a thing as the sabbath then please share this Scripture with us. We need to know.

If the doctrine of sabbath keeping was being introduced in Genesis 2, it would have benefited our tiny minds if our Creator had told us so, by at least telling us that He was talking about the sabbath. But He did not. He did not, because He was not introducing the doctrine of weekly sabbath keeping, instead He was introducing the doctrine of spiritual rest from our labors. See "Sabbath Keeping, Part I - Why It Was Established”, in post 81 of this thread.

Exodus 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

This verse does not say that the 7th day of Creation Week was a Saturday/Sabbath. It is a reminder to us that God used the type, the pattern, of six days of work followed by a day of rest. Once again, resting in Him, is the doctrine being taught. This quote, to put it in context, must begin at Exodus 20:8. There we are told to remember the sabbath day. What sabbath day are we to remember? The only one ever mentioned to us before, and that is in Exodus 16:23-30. The Hebrews are told to remember this day that was given to the them in the Wilderness of Sin. This is the sabbath day being spoken of in Ex. 20:11, not the 7th day of Creation Week.

Zeke25

Zeke a real big clue in this apparent mystery to you in Genesis 2... God created the seventh day of the first week, so it is as much a part of Creation as we are..He rested, on the seventh day, blessed the seventh day and sanctified it..which means He set it aside for Holy purposes...He made the day Holy....
You should know if God makes something Holy, it is Holy indeed..

And remember Salvation is through the Son of God, His grace and commandments and NOT the sungod aka satan and his days of sunday, dec 25th and easter all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origin..

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
UppsalaDragby said:
Actually zeke, not only are such verses nonexistent, the following verses explicitly prove that no one knew about Mosaic law, including the sabbath commandment, before it was given in the wildernes by Moses:

"You made known to them your holy Sabbath and gave them commands, decrees and laws through your servant Moses." (Neh 9:14)

and

"The LORD our God made a covenant with us at Horeb. It was not with our fathers that the LORD made this covenant, but with us,with all of us who are alive here today." (Deut 5:2,3)

It is almost as though God knew beforehand that there would arise false teachers who would claim that the laws given to the people at Horeb were made for everyone.
Hi Upp,

Thanks for sharing those Scriptures. I agree of course.

Z

heretoeternity said:
Broad is the way that leads to destruction, narrow is the way that leads to salvation, few shall find it...
You sunday, dec 25th and easter followers, why do you think that is? Revelation 17 and the rest of Revelation gives you a clue, about the Babylonian/Roman system you are following and how God is going to destroy this pagan based satanic system.....so be prepared!

And remember y"all....Salvation is through the Son of God, His grace and commandments, and NOT the sungod/satan and his days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origin.
Hi heretoeternity,

Not sure what your point is. I have no problem with God sanctifying a day. He could have been sanctifying the 7th "Day" when we enter into His spiritual rest. And by "Day" it doesn't have to be a single 24 hour day, He could have meant a vast time period of years. We need to be careful not to read into Scripture that which is not there. Simple fact is, the 7th day of Creation Week is not identified as a Saturday/Sabbath anywhere in the Bible - except in the chapter notes placed there by the printers and editors. Therefore, my conjecture is not unreasonable that the 7th "Day" is a vast time period in the future. Take a look at post 81 in this thread, at the beginning (Part I) paragraph 2. Para 2 explains the doctrine that the 7th day of Creation Week is establishing.

Z

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
heretoeternity said:
Again heretoeternity, why do you, as well as all other sabbatarians, ignore my challange?

I don't "follow" sunday, and nor to I follow any other weekday. What scripture says about this is that:

"One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind." (Romans 14:5)

I consider every day alike and am fully convinced in my own mind that God accepts this. So why are you disobeying scripture and trying to imply that I, and many others with me, are following a "pagan based satanic system"? If anything is a pagan based satanic system it is one that contradicts scripture.

So again... don't try to side-step the constraints that scripture itself places on us in order to identify false doctrines.

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
UppsalaDragby said:
Reaneske, are you able to support this very common Adventist belief - that the Mosaic observance of the sabbath is for all men and for all times - and adhere to the rules I listed in post #88.

If not then explain to me why the rules are too strict for you.
It's interesting the way the Spirit of the LORD operates. I just started another topic on the very issue of grouping the "Law of Moses" with the 10 Commandments.

As for the rules being "too strict" we need to view the law through the eyes of Christ. For example, do you really think God was like, "I WILL SMITE YOU IF YOU DARE HAVE A FIRE GOING THROUGH THE SABBATH! I DON'T CARE HOW COLD YOU ARE! TOO BAD! FREEZE TO DEATH!" He is a Father, not a tyrant with no rhyme or reason for the laws which he commanded. Now, it would be sin to prepare a fire on the Sabbath Day, because of the amount of work that is needed to start a fire. One would have to leave their home, go out to the wooded area, chop the wood, bring the wood back, and prepare the wood for the fire. This is laborious work, and you haven't even started the fire yet. It is the laborious work that was forbidden on the Sabbath. But, to have a fire going on during the Sabbath, or to already have the already prepared wood, and a chill hits, we are to do nothing, but freeze? Me thinks that's lacking in common sense. I mean, you are allowed to save the life of an animal during Sabbath ... but to save your own life would be an atrocious evil? We need to really start looking at the commandments of the Old Testament through Christ.

zeke25 said:

The Lord God both blessed the seventh day (what other day of the week did He specifically bless? None.)

Raeneske,

I couldn’t disagree more. There is no Scriptural support to align the 7th day of Creation Week with the Sabbath day in the Saturday slot. In fact, there are several other possibilities that the 7th day of Creation Week was not in the Saturday slot at all. I have Scriptural evidence that the 7th day of Creation Week was a Friday: http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showthread.php?6488-Calendar-of-Scripture. You do not have any Scriptural evidence that it was a Saturday.

The Saturday/Sabbath was never discussed in Genesis, through all the stories and patriarchs of that time all the way up to Exodus 16:23. No body practiced it, no one knew about it. In fact, the Scriptural evidence supports that the Saturday/Sabbath was given to Moses and Israel in Exodus 16:23, and never given to anyone prior to that, and never given to anyone after that. Look at Deuteronomy 5:15 KJV, "And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that [Yahowah] thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore [Yahowah] thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day." As you can read in verse fifteen, God gave the command to the Hebrews to keep the sabbath day of rest after He brought them out of the land of Egypt 430 years after He brought them into Egypt. This was circa 1,500 BC. If anyone can find an earlier date that God told anyone to keep the sabbath, or even told anyone that there was such a thing as the sabbath then please share this Scripture with us. We need to know.

If the doctrine of sabbath keeping was being introduced in Genesis 2, it would have benefited our tiny minds if our Creator had told us so, by at least telling us that He was talking about the sabbath. But He did not. He did not, because He was not introducing the doctrine of weekly sabbath keeping, instead He was introducing the doctrine of spiritual rest from our labors. See "Sabbath Keeping, Part I - Why It Was Established”, in post 81 of this thread.

This verse does not say that the 7th day of Creation Week was a Saturday/Sabbath. It is a reminder to us that God used the type, the pattern, of six days of work followed by a day of rest. Once again, resting in Him, is the doctrine being taught. This quote, to put it in context, must begin at Exodus 20:8. There we are told to remember the sabbath day. What sabbath day are we to remember? The only one ever mentioned to us before, and that is in Exodus 16:23-30. The Hebrews are told to remember this day that was given to the them in the Wilderness of Sin. This is the sabbath day being spoken of in Ex. 20:11, not the 7th day of Creation Week.

Zeke25
There are not several other possibilities. There is one possibility, and it is not so confusing as Satan would like to have it. The seventh day of the week is the Sabbath of the Lord - plain and simple. A child can understand that. Yet people will declare that Sabbath keepers are all wrong in regards to keeping Sabbath on Friday Sunset to Saturday Sunset (we just say Saturday), but when it is said that Sunday is the day Christ arose, people are absolutely %100 correct in stating that? That is such a fallacy. We know that Christ rose on Sunday, and this is the day that the Bible declares is called the first day of the week.

Mark 16:9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

Logically speaking, what comes before the first day of the week? The last day of the week. And the last day of the week is day seven. The Sabbath is Saturday, more specifically, Friday Sunset to Saturday Sunset.

Taking the Lord's name in vain was not mentioned up until Exodus either, but are we to assume that a commandment which has less evidence of being obeyed than the Sabbath, was not in effect until Exodus 20? Really? Adam and Eve took the Lord's name in vain? Really now? Of course they didn't. We know that would be morally wrong to do so, just like it would be morally wrong to refuse to spend time with our Creator when He says to. Adam and Eve did not break the Sabbath, which we have more evidence existed than taking the Lord's name in vain.

The Creator did tell us about the Sabbath, in the very book of Genesis. It is the very first commandment we are even given evidence to have existed. It is simply that men are either missing it, or spiritualizing the truth away, as you did when you stated that it points to spiritual resting from our labours. It points backwards to creation week, not to some future rest. God is not pointing to some future Sabbath Day to be kept in Exodus 20:11, else people would not have been stoned for breaking the Sabbath Day. How can you be stoned for breaking a day that isn't going to exist until the future?

Sorry, resting in Him is the doctrine being added to the Word of God in Exodus 20:11, not being taught there.

Exodus 20:11 is talking about Creation week as is evidenced by God referring to the very week of Creation in talking about creation. It does not refer to Exodus 16:23. Context clues do not lead us to that conclusion.

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
There are not several other possibilities. There is one possibility, and it is not so confusing as Satan would like to have it. The seventh day of the week is the Sabbath of the Lord - plain and simple. A child can understand that. Yet people will declare that Sabbath keepers are all wrong in regards to keeping Sabbath on Friday Sunset to Saturday Sunset (we just say Saturday), but when it is said that Sunday is the day Christ arose, people are absolutely %100 correct in stating that? That is such a fallacy. We know that Christ rose on Sunday, and this is the day that the Bible declares is called the first day of the week.

Mark 16:9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

The Creator did tell us about the Sabbath, in the very book of Genesis. It is the very first commandment we are even given evidence to have existed. It is simply that men are either missing it, or spiritualizing the truth away, as you did when you stated that it points to spiritual resting from our labours. It points backwards to creation week, not to some future rest. God is not pointing to some future Sabbath Day to be kept in Exodus 20:11, else people would not have been stoned for breaking the Sabbath Day. How can you be stoned for breaking a day that isn't going to exist until the future?

Sorry, resting in Him is the doctrine being added to the Word of God in Exodus 20:11, not being taught there.

Exodus 20:11 is talking about Creation week as is evidenced by God referring to the very week of Creation in talking about creation. It does not refer to Exodus 16:23. Context clues do not lead us to that conclusion.

R:

Stating that there are no other possibilities for the 7th day of Creation Week, for it to be a day other than the Saturday slot, does not make it so. As I said, you have no Scriptural support for making it a Saturday. I do have Scriptural support that it is Friday. You have provided no Scriptures, because there are none. Vehemently restating your argument without Scriptures is a waste of my time and yours.

Then you talk about your sabbath beginning on a Friday evening, why? Why don't you wait until Saturday. A biblical day always starts at sunrise, this is so elementary it is barely worth discussing. Go to http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/20216-a-day-begins-at-sunrise/in this forum and you will see your answer there about when a day begins.

Then you quote Mark 16:9 as supposed proof that Christ rose on Sunday. That verse does not in any manner, shape, or form say that He rose on Sunday. He rose on Saturday night prior to Sunday sunrise. I haven't time to teach you how to read. But let's look at it. "Now when Yahoshua was risen", it doesn't say that He rose on Sunday. "[E]arly the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary", it was Sunday when He appeared to Mary. Besides you have conveniently ignored the other 3 gospels. All four gospels say that He rose on Saturday night, prior to Sunday sunrise.

And I'm not going to rehash Exodus 20:11 again. You are obviously caught in a mind trap. You have no understanding of the Scriptures because you look at them through the eyes of Ellen G. White and the leadership of the SDA. These people are antichrist. Repent.

Z

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
Raeneske said:
As for the rules being "too strict" we need to view the law through the eyes of Christ. For example, do you really think God was like, "I WILL SMITE YOU IF YOU DARE HAVE A FIRE GOING THROUGH THE SABBATH! I DON'T CARE HOW COLD YOU ARE! TOO BAD! FREEZE TO DEATH!" He is a Father, not a tyrant with no rhyme or reason for the laws which he commanded. Now, it would be sin to prepare a fire on the Sabbath Day, because of the amount of work that is needed to start a fire. One would have to leave their home, go out to the wooded area, chop the wood, bring the wood back, and prepare the wood for the fire. This is laborious work, and you haven't even started the fire yet. It is the laborious work that was forbidden on the Sabbath. But, to have a fire going on during the Sabbath, or to already have the already prepared wood, and a chill hits, we are to do nothing, but freeze? Me thinks that's lacking in common sense. I mean, you are allowed to save the life of an animal during Sabbath ... but to save your own life would be an atrocious evil? We need to really start looking at the commandments of the Old Testament through Christ.
Raenske, we have scripture to determine whether someone "views the law throught the eyes of Christ", or whether they are viewing it through the eyes of their own doctrine. So let me ask you once again. Can you demonstrate that the Mosaic sabbath law applies to Chistians using doctrine that:

1. Does not contradict or break scripture in any way whatsoever.
2. Does not add or subtract anything from scripture.
3. Does not go beyond what is written.
4. Harmonizes completely with everything written in scripture, and
5. Does not allow human reasoning, or "fine-sounding arguments", to nullify scripture.

If not, then why not?

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
UppsalaDragby said:
Raenske, we have scripture to determine whether someone "views the law throught the eyes of Christ", or whether they are viewing it through the eyes of their own doctrine. So let me ask you once again. Can you demonstrate that the Mosaic sabbath law applies to Chistians using doctrine that:

1. Does not contradict or break scripture in any way whatsoever.
2. Does not add or subtract anything from scripture.
3. Does not go beyond what is written.
4. Harmonizes completely with everything written in scripture, and
5. Does not allow human reasoning, or "fine-sounding arguments", to nullify scripture.

If not, then why not?
I refer you and others to the thread I started called "Are the 10 Commandments the Law of Moses?" Simply put, they are not the same things. (Click the title).

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
UppsalaDragby said:
Again heretoeternity, why do you, as well as all other sabbatarians, ignore my challange?

I don't "follow" sunday, and nor to I follow any other weekday. What scripture says about this is that:

"One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind." (Romans 14:5)

I consider every day alike and am fully convinced in my own mind that God accepts this. So why are you disobeying scripture and trying to imply that I, and many others with me, are following a "pagan based satanic system"? If anything is a pagan based satanic system it is one that contradicts scripture.

So again... don't try to side-step the constraints that scripture itself places on us in order to identify false doctrines.

You should really learn the Bible before you issue any challenges don't you think? In particular you should learn to distinguish between the Law of God the ten commandments and the law of Moses the 613 sacrificial, ceremonial, food, circumcision etc...as this is very basic if you are to be taught and learn the truth..You do want to learn the truth don't you? Don't you want to break free from all that false teaching you have endured from the mainstream "christian" churches, which are all based on pagan Roman/Babylonian system? You appear to embrace these false teachings blindly, so you should pray for the truth and it will set free..as Jesus said...
As the Apostle John said, you should also test the spirit your are following is it from God or satan..This is necessary, .because you do not feel you should follow God's commandments.

And remember Salvation is through the Son of God, His grace and commandments and NOT the sungod/satan and his days of sunday, dec 25th and easter all of which are not Biblical and of pagan origin.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can anyone answer this...... Who decided that Sunday was in fact the first day of the week? To dig deeper, the days of the week are named after Roman gods and mythical creatures. So when we look at say, Saturday, and use it as the Sabbath, we are using a day named after Saturn. Wouldn't you want to figure out any proprieties before picking the day? I just think it sounds kind of odd to say "on the day of Saturn, (pagan) I shall rest and pay homage to God...."

But to my original point, who decided what day was the first and last day of the week?

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
Raeneske said:
I refer you and others to the thread I started called "Are the 10 Commandments the Law of Moses?" Simply put, they are not the same things. (Click the title).
Been there, seen it, and identified the strawman.

heretoeternity said:
You should really learn the Bible before you issue any challenges don't you think? In particular you should learn to distinguish between the Law of God the ten commandments and the law of Moses the 613 sacrificial, ceremonial, food, circumcision etc...as this is very basic if you are to be taught and learn the truth..You do want to learn the truth don't you?
I have read the Bible and I have duly noted that scripture does not make any such distinction.

Every failure to disobey God under the covenentant one answers to is a breach of "moral" law, just as Moses discovered when he failed to circumcize his son.

And there is nothing in the NT that suggest any division in the Mosaic law. If there is one, then someone like you who seems to be boasting of having a greater knowledge of the scriptures, should be able to point it out, don't you think?

Claiming that there is such a division breaks the rules and challenges I made. Matthew 5:17,18 indicates that the entire law - all that Moses wrote, and all that the prophets wrote, every stroke of the pen, every dot... would remain intact as long as the heavens and earth exist. In other words, NO division!

The only thing that frees us from that ENTIRE coventant, is a NEW coventant.

Don't you want to break free from all that false teaching you have endured from the mainstream "christian" churches, which are all based on pagan Roman/Babylonian system?

Coming from somone who parrots SDA theology as though they haven't even bothered to understand the criticisms made against it, I find quite hypocritical.

I don't belong to any "mainstream" church. This is an argument that SDAs feed you all the time. I am non-denominational, My salvation, which was supernatural in nature, was not based on human testimony and neither do I swallow what any other human being says unless it conforms to the rules I mentioned.

My entire theology is base on what exists within the bible. I don't need to add anything, I don't need to subtract anything. I don't read "christain" literature. I don't need to go beyond what is written. I don't entertain theories about what the bible might be interpreted as saying. I don't speculate that much about things that the bible does not say, because if it isn't there, then it wasn't supposed to be there. I do what many others claim that they do. And the amazing fact is that everything harmonizes!

So what is your story?

As the Apostle John said, you should also test the spirit your are following is it from God or satan..This is necessary, .because you do not feel you should follow God's commandments.
To automatically assume that John, by "commandments" was referring to the 10 commandments breaks the rules of sound doctrine that I mentioned. John was an apostle of the New Covenant, not the Old, and what he considered to be God's "commandments" to Christians is what JOHN he himself explained:

"And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ,2 and to love one another as he commanded us" (1 John 3:23)

And remember Salvation is through the Son of God, His grace and commandments and NOT the sungod/satan and his days of sunday, dec 25th and easter all of which are not Biblical and of pagan origin.
Strawman. I don't claim that Christians are bound to celebrate any particular day whatsover. And just as Born_Again pointed out, the names "sunday" and "saturday" BOTH have pagan origins... so what's your point?

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
UppsalaDragby said:
Been there, seen it, and identified the strawman.

And there is nothing in the NT that suggest any division in the Mosaic law. If there is one, then someone like you who seems to be boasting of having a greater knowledge of the scriptures, should be able to point it out, don't you think?

Claiming that there is such a division breaks the rules and challenges I made. Matthew 5:17,18 indicates that the entire law - all that Moses wrote, and all that the prophets wrote, every stroke of the pen, every dot... would remain intact as long as the heavens and earth exist. In other words, NO division!
Upp,

Well said.

Heretoeternity,
You are promoting heretical Hebrew Roots doctrine with your division of the Torah. Which particular group or branch of this movement do you belong to?

Zeke25

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
Born_Again said:
Can anyone answer this...... Who decided that Sunday was in fact the first day of the week? To dig deeper, the days of the week are named after Roman gods and mythical creatures. So when we look at say, Saturday, and use it as the Sabbath, we are using a day named after Saturn. Wouldn't you want to figure out any proprieties before picking the day? I just think it sounds kind of odd to say "on the day of Saturn, (pagan) I shall rest and pay homage to God...."

But to my original point, who decided what day was the first and last day of the week?
Hi Born-Again,

Personally, in the beginning I do not think that the days of the week were named. Possibly, they were referred to as day 1, day 2, etc. However, I do not believe that either. I think that the days of the month were numbered: Days 2-8 were the 1st week, days 9-15 2nd week, days 16-22 3rd week, days 23-29 4th week. When the sabbath was introduced about 1500 BC, then days 8, 15, 22, & 29 became known as sabbath days. I still do not see anything in Scripture that shows the names of the weeks.

I use the names of the week from our current culture. But this is done so that it is easy to talk about them with people in these modern times, not because this was their name from antiquity. Therefore, the current names, from pagan sources or not, is not relevant. It would be nice if the names were not from pagan sources, but it is a constant reminder how infested our culture is with paganism.

Zeke25

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
zeke25 said:
Hi Born-Again,

Personally, in the beginning I do not think that the days of the week were named. Possibly, they were referred to as day 1, day 2, etc. However, I do not believe that either. I think that the days of the month were numbered: Days 2-8 were the 1st week, days 9-15 2nd week, days 16-22 3rd week, days 23-29 4th week. When the sabbath was introduced about 1500 BC, then days 8, 15, 22, & 29 became known as sabbath days. I still do not see anything in Scripture that shows the names of the weeks.

I use the names of the week from our current culture. But this is done so that it is easy to talk about them with people in these modern times, not because this was their name from antiquity. Therefore, the current names, from pagan sources or not, is not relevant. It would be nice if the names were not from pagan sources, but it is a constant reminder how infested our culture is with paganism.

Zeke25
Thank you for the informative reply. :) I just figured I throw that in there and see how it was answered. Thanks again!
BA

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings brothers & sisters in Christ,

Several things I wish to ask only to give pause for those that keep the sabbath day to reconsider addressing this issue with His wisdom.

Since the Lord had risen on the first day of the week, would that not be the reason why the church would celebrate that day traditionally?

Did not Paul set this order for all the churches to follow when the church were to do the collection for the ministry of the saints on the first day of the week?

1 Corinthians 16:1Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. 2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

And more importantly; after Jesus had given several examples of how those that have broken the sabbath day in the temple and yet were "blameless", to what was in that place where He was that he was referring to in verse 6 below as something or "Someone" greater than the temple that His disciples were blameless by?

Matthew 12:1At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn and to eat. 2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day. 3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests? 5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless? 6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple. 7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless. 8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Could this be that because we have His righteousness by faith in Jesus Christ is why He is able to make us stand whethor we regard the sabbath day or not?

So then; believers are free to honour the Lord on the sabbath day, Sunday, or any day, but believers are not allowed to judge other believers by any day because all believers have His righteousness by faith in Him for Him to make them all stand.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Where is the commandment from God to keep the first day of the week Holy? Where did God sanctify and make Holy the first day of the week in the Bible? Answer He didn't...He wrote the fourth commandment Himself in stone, as a sign of permanency..and it has never changed..He created the seventh day of the week, He rested on that seventh day, and blessed it and set it aside for Holy purposes (santified) that day..no other...
Paul said to collect for the poor Christians on the first day of the week, as it is a regular work day...they did not want to desecrate the Sabbath day (7th day)...
Of course we honour God everyday in our thoughts, actions and prayers, but there remains only one holy day of the week and that is the seventh day....If God says it is Holy and commands us to keep it, and writes it in stone, and Jesus kept the Sabbath day as did His disciples and apostles throughout their ministries and their lives, that should be good enough for anyone who calls themselves a "Christian"...
To go against the fourth Commandment Sabbath day is to go against all ten commandments, the law of God...James 2....
To go against it is to go against the teachings of Apostle John in 1st John...Those who say they know Him and keep NOT His commandments are LIARS and the truth is NOT in them..and by this we will know we are from God, in that we keep His commandments and His commandments are not grievous (burdensome)....and Sin is transgression of God's law...
Apostle Paul in Romans...do we sin more so grace abounds? God forbid..and do we make void the law through faith? God forbid, we establish the law...

Remember, Salvation is through the Son of God, His grace and commandments and not the sungod/satan and his days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origin.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
Where is the commandment from God to keep the first day of the week Holy? Where did God sanctify and make Holy the first day of the week in the Bible? Answer He didn't...He wrote the fourth commandment Himself in stone, as a sign of permanency..and it has never changed..He created the seventh day of the week, He rested on that seventh day, and blessed it and set it aside for Holy purposes (santified) that day..no other...
Paul said to collect for the poor Christians on the first day of the week, as it is a regular work day...they did not want to desecrate the Sabbath day (7th day)...
Of course we honour God everyday in our thoughts, actions and prayers, but there remains only one holy day of the week and that is the seventh day....If God says it is Holy and commands us to keep it, and writes it in stone, and Jesus kept the Sabbath day as did His disciples and apostles throughout their ministries and their lives, that should be good enough for anyone who calls themselves a "Christian"...
To go against the fourth Commandment Sabbath day is to go against all ten commandments, the law of God...James 2....
To go against it is to go against the teachings of Apostle John in 1st John...Those who say they know Him and keep NOT His commandments are LIARS and the truth is NOT in them..and by this we will know we are from God, in that we keep His commandments and His commandments are not grievous (burdensome)....and Sin is transgression of God's law...
Apostle Paul in Romans...do we sin more so grace abounds? God forbid..and do we make void the law through faith? God forbid, we establish the law...

Remember, Salvation is through the Son of God, His grace and commandments and not the sungod/satan and his days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origin.
heretoeternity,

#1: How are you keeping the sabbath day holy? Do you shop and thereby supporting those that work on Saturday for your luxury?

#2: Gentiles had never kept the sabbath day as Jews had done per their Old Covenant. If this was not so, how in the world could the church break away from keeping the sabbath day?

#3: Since the Gentiles did not keep the sabbath day as the Jews had done, where is the importance of teaching this to Gentile christians? Or in this reference?

Acts 15:5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses. 6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. 7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. 8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; 9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. 10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? 11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.....19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: 20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Do you see any reference to keeping the sabbath day holy to be taught for the Gentiles to keep?

What do you think is meant by verse 10 as referring to the way it was before in the Old Covenant as opposed to the New?

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Daniel 7 ..the prophet Daniel prophesied about a church leader in the future who would "think to change God's times and laws....in 323 AD the Roman church got started, and it did that very thing...this "church" was based on Babylonian pagan worship of statues, and all kinds of gods..Rome had a lot of true Christians there thanks to Apostle Paul, and the Jewish Christians...they were forced to change from the God commanded seventh day Sabbath to the first day of the week, in honour of the sun god...Rome also introduced other days in honoured of other gods, ie Dec 25th, easter to mention 2. The true Christians were persecuted, martyred, (killed) if they did not change away from God's word, to the perverted Roman/Babylonian doctrines...You can research it all for yourself...the Protestant churches that came into being because of Luther, broke away from Rome, and got rid of the statues etc, but did not go the whole mile, and go back to the lawful Sabbath day as God commanded...ie the vast majority of mainstream Christianity is still following pagan Rome, and on the broad path to destruction as Jesus said in Matthew...broad is the way that leads to destruction, but narrow is the path that leads to salvation, few shall find it..If you want you can check out the website "confessions of RC and protestants leaders" and also google "cardinal Gibbons"..who confirms that God's Holy day was changed by authority of the pope and the Roman church only...acccording to him Bible following Christians should still follow the ten commandments and the fourth in particular..the 7th day Sabbath day. Hope this helps you understand some of the history.

And remember always salvation is through the Son of God, His grace and commandments, and NOT the sungod/satan and his days of dec 25th, sunday and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origin.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity,

Please address what Jesus has said here and explain

After Jesus had given several examples of how those that have broken the sabbath day in the temple and yet were "blameless", to what was in that place where He was that he was referring to in verse 6 below as something or "Someone" greater than the temple that His disciples were blameless by?

Matthew 12:1At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn and to eat. 2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day. 3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests? 5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless? 6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple. 7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless. 8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Could this be that because we have His righteousness by faith in Jesus Christ is why He is able to make us stand whethor we regard the sabbath day or not?

So then; believers are free to honour the Lord on the sabbath day, Sunday, or any day, but believers are not allowed to judge other believers by any day because all believers have His righteousness by faith in Him for Him to make them all stand.

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
JesusIsFaithful said:
Since the Lord had risen on the first day of the week, would that not be the reason why the church would celebrate that day traditionally?

Your statement "risen on the first day of the week" is in error. The Bible teaches that He rose on Saturday night, prior to Sunday sunrise. :)
Zeke25

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
Daniel 7 ..the prophet Daniel prophesied about a church leader in the future who would "think to change God's times and laws
heretoeternity,

That is NOT what I am reading here in Daniel below as it reads to me that this changing of the times & laws will take place during the great tribulation as there will be a war against the saints.

Danile 7:21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them; 22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom. 23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. 24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Now try to explain how you got this prophesy of times & laws ( plural ) changed to represent your presentation if the only law that was changed was not keeping the sabbath day BEFORE the great tribulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.