Sabbath-Keeping

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
ATP said:
Swimming upstream against the good news of the Gospel.
Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

That crowd swimming with the current are not going where I want to go.
But that shining golden fish headed upstream...there are so few who attempt to follow Him...
I think I want to go where that beautiful bright fish is going....

Jesus says that the road to destruction is a broad and well traveled highway.
But the way to life is narrow, and few will find it...

If you're following a crowd, ATP, you are going the wrong way...

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Titus 1:1-3 NIV Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ to further the faith of God’s elect and their knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness— 2in the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time, 3and which now at his appointed season he has brought to light through the preaching entrusted to me by the command of God our Savior,

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Rom 11:28-29 NIV As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, 29 for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
1 Pet 1:18-19 NIV For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
John 5:39-43 NIV You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life. 41 "I do not accept praise from men, 42 but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts. 43 I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Salvation is a gift. "but the gift of God IS eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord".

Rom 6:22-23 NIV But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
This is my testimony to all who are listening.

1 John 5:11-12 NIV And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

1 John 5:20 NIV We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
"Sin is transgession of God's law" 1st John
"Those who say they know Him and keep NOT His commandments are liars and the truth is NOT in them" 1st John
"Do we sin more so grace abounds? God forbid" Romans
"Do we make void the law through faith? God forbid! We establish the law" Romans
"Remember the Sabbath day to keep it Holy" God's law Ex 20
"God rested, blessed and sanctified the seventh day" Genesis 2...

Remember always, salvation is through the Son of God, Gods grace and commandments, and NOT the sungod/satan and his doctrines and days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origin!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
heretoeternity said:
Remember always, salvation is through the Son of God, Gods grace and commandments, and NOT the sungod/satan and his doctrines and days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origin!
Many have suggested a connection between Hanukkah and Christmas since both celebrations fall on the 25th of the month (Kislev/December). Although the Bible records the birth of the Messiah, no biblical basis exists for the date or observance of the Messiah's birthday. In fact, for more than three centuries, the early Church viewed the celebration of birthdays as a heathen custom.

Yet, the dates of Hanukkah and Christmas are connected. Zeus was seen as the incarnation of the sun. Together with his goddess-mother, Rhea (the Queen of Heaven), they formed the Greek version of the mother/child cult founded in Babylon. Antiochus chose the 25th of the month to desecrate the Temple with his pagan sacrifice because it was the birthday of Zeus. It was the winter solstice, when days began to lengthen. Sun-worshiping pagans, therefore, celebrated December 25 as the birthday of the new sun.

To the sun-worshiping Romans, Zeus was known as Jupiter. He was the son of Saturn and Ops. He was the supreme Roman deity and the father of the other pagan gods. December 17-24 was called Saturnalia (in honor of Saturn) and celebrated with unrestrained license. The Romans celebrated December 25th (the birthday of Zeus/Jupiter) as Dies Natalis Invicti Solis, "the Day of the Nativity of the Unconquered Sun".

In the fourth century A.D., the Roman Church chose December 25 as the day to celebrate "Christ's Mass," a special mass in honor of Christ's birth. It was part of a concerted effort to "Christianize" pagan Roman rites so that all peoples of the empire could be brought into the Roman Church.

For centuries, many segments of Christianity condemned the observance of December 25 as sun worship. A.H. Newman writes: "Christian preachers of the West and the Nearer East protested against the unseemly frivolity with which Christ's birthday was celebrated, while Christians of Mesopotamia accused their Western brethren of idolatry and sun-worship for adopting as Christian this pagan festival. Yet the festival rapidly gained acceptance and became, at last, so firmly established that even the Protestant revolution of the sixteenth century was not able to dislodge it" (The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge, pg 48)

From the book "The Feasts of the Lord" by Kevin Howard and Marvin Rosenthal Pg 172

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
ATP said:
God bless you too friend. I like to meditate on Rom 3 also. Faith through believing..

Rom 3:21-31 NIV But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25 God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished--26 he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus. 27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? On that of observing the law? No, but on that of faith. 28 For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law. 29 Is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, 30 sincethere is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. 31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

- ATP :)
Amen

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
I was under the impression only God could create, bless, sanctify and command which days we are to keep..silly me...now you are saying mortal man, ie popes, emperors, preachers, and basically anyone can make days holy...wow interesting religious theology.....lol

But remember always, Salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments and NOT the sungod/satan and his doctrines and days of sunday, Dec 25th, easter all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origin!

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Obviously you are referring to the sacrifical law, or Mosaic law..at least thats what Paul was referring to in his epistles...you should study the difference..it is very important..

And remember always, Salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments, and NOT the sungod/satan, his doctrines and days of sunday,dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origin!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That crowd swimming with the current are not going where I want to go.
But that shining golden fish headed upstream...there are so few who attempt to follow Him...
When one is swimming in a polluted river it doesnt matter which way you swim, its still polluted. As for attempting, there are soem who "are" following Him, and you will disagrree with them too, and yes it is hard, and that way is narrower than you can imagine. To put it in perspective.

A firenf of mine has a daughter who, with a friend both at the same time had teh same vision. They came t thsi place where there was a wall I beleiev. Her daughter looked and saw a escalator going up to she ran and jumped in. She said it was so narrow you could barely fit in, her firen turned and noticed a stair way going down, she said it was so wide you couldnt see the ends and tha tshe could on see down a few stairs , and than started to walk down. Once she had taken a few steps, she could see an orange glow, as she went further she she started to hear screams and cries so tuurned and went back upstairs..
Her daughter on teh other hand said she could see Jesus and angels in the distance and they seemed far away, than next second she was with them.

When my friends daughter came ouit of the vision she thought she had gone blind. Where she had being was so bright her pupils had become a small as pin heads, it took her over 15 minutes to regain her normal sight.

See Bard, while you bicker and argue over scripture and contend over what is right and wrong, there are those have handed them selves over to Christ, and not only now belive in Him, they Know Him and God their father, Some have even seeing His face and spoken to them, something all those who are in Him have the right to do because they have put on the righteousness of Christ.

Problem is the emptying part, teh willingness to be emptied of ones self, to loose yourself in Him, to give up all what you know so He can teach you, as it is written

1Co 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

They are there for all who are willing to let go of this world. Why wait when you can have them now in thsi life.

Amen

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
heretoeternity said:
Obviously you are referring to the sacrifical law, or Mosaic law..at least thats what Paul was referring to in his epistles...you should study the difference..it is very important..
Mosaic law in the NT grace covenant? :wacko:

John 3:36 NIV "Whoever puts his faith in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see that life, for God's wrath remains on him."

Rom 3:21-31 NIV But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25 God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished--26 he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus. 27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? On that of observing the law? No, but on that of faith. 28 For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law. 29 Is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, 30 sincethere is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. 31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

Rom 10:9-10 NIV If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

2 Cor 4:13 NIV It is written: "I believed; therefore I have spoken." With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak,

Gal 3:11-26 NIV Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith." 12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, "The man who does these things will live by them." 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."14 He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit. 15 Brothers, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add o a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case. 16 The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. The Scripture does not say "and to seeds," meaning many people, but "and to your seed," meaning one person, who is Christ. 17 What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise. 18 For if the inheritance depends on the law, then it no longer depends on a promise; but God in his grace gave it to Abraham through a promise. 19 What, then, was the purpose of the law? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was put into effect through angels by a mediator. 20 A mediator, however, does not represent just one party; but God is one. 21 Is the law, therefore, opposed to the promises of God? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law. 22 But the Scripture declares that the whole world is a prisoner of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe. 23 Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. 24 So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law. 26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus,

Eph 2:8-9 NIV For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast.

Eph 3:12 NIV In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.

Tit 1:1-3 NIV Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ to further the faith of God’s elect and their knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness— 2in the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time, 3and which now at his appointed season he has brought to light through the preaching entrusted to me by the command of God our Savior,

Heb 11:1 NIV Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

1 Peter 1:3-5 NIV Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, 5who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Isaiah 56 and Isaiah 58...everyone who keeps God's Holy Sabbath day will be blessed, if not they will be cursed!

And remember always, Salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments, and NOT the sungod/satan and his doctrines and days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origins.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
But you're preaching a false doctrine of sinless perfection. You believe that if a believer dies in his sin he goes to hell. That's false buddy. Once you believe you have eternal life.
No one said sinless perfection is the requirement for salvation, but total surrender to Jesus and a willingness to be made perfect is what is required.

Why, oh, why is it so hard for OSAS believers to understand that their refusal to give up sin is the outward evidence of the inward reality that Christ's enemy, Satan, and not Christ, sits upon the throne of their heart?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why, oh, why is it so hard for OSAS believers to understand that their refusal to give up sin is the outward evidence of the inward reality that Christ's enemy, Satan, and not Christ, sits upon the throne of their heart?
Why is it so hard for lawyers to understand grace. Did Jesus die for your sins or did He not?? Are you washed and cleansed with His blood or not?? have you put on the righteousness of Christ or not?? Have yoou accepted teh FREEE gift of grace or not, or are you addingto the price already paid. there are monks who whip themselves trying to beat their flesh into submission all the while the devil laughs at them, there are those who tie and even naiil themselves to crosses at easter as if it pleases God, theer are those who live seperate from the world trying to LIVE yet have no life and never finding Jesus all trying to please God by their works.

You will sin untill the day you die or that moment' in teh twinkling of an eye", and all the beating yourself up over it does nothing to add to your salvation, all the LAW does is condemn you and it comes acroos in all your posts, for if you have put on the righteousnes of Christ, If you have accepted His free gift of grace, and IF you are walking in the Spirit than there is no condmenation for Christ has paid teh price ONCE and IN FULL. God is not like men He completes what he sets out to do.

If you knew the love of God and His patients and mercy you wouldnt be where you are.

Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

in all His Love

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
Gal 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
Gal 3:4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
Gal 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Gal_5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Rom_7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Rom_8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Always left out.

Rev_3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Why wont "christians" turn to God and not lean on their own understanding.

In all His Love

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
mjrhealth said:
When one is swimming in a polluted river it doesnt matter which way you swim, its still polluted. As for attempting, there are soem who "are" following Him, and you will disagrree with them too, and yes it is hard, and that way is narrower than you can imagine. To put it in perspective.

A firenf of mine has a daughter who, with a friend both at the same time had teh same vision. They came t thsi place where there was a wall I beleiev. Her daughter looked and saw a escalator going up to she ran and jumped in. She said it was so narrow you could barely fit in, her firen turned and noticed a stair way going down, she said it was so wide you couldnt see the ends and tha tshe could on see down a few stairs , and than started to walk down. Once she had taken a few steps, she could see an orange glow, as she went further she she started to hear screams and cries so tuurned and went back upstairs..
Her daughter on teh other hand said she could see Jesus and angels in the distance and they seemed far away, than next second she was with them.

When my friends daughter came ouit of the vision she thought she had gone blind. Where she had being was so bright her pupils had become a small as pin heads, it took her over 15 minutes to regain her normal sight.

See Bard, while you bicker and argue over scripture and contend over what is right and wrong, there are those have handed them selves over to Christ, and not only now belive in Him, they Know Him and God their father, Some have even seeing His face and spoken to them, something all those who are in Him have the right to do because they have put on the righteousness of Christ.

Problem is the emptying part, teh willingness to be emptied of ones self, to loose yourself in Him, to give up all what you know so He can teach you, as it is written

1Co 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

They are there for all who are willing to let go of this world. Why wait when you can have them now in thsi life.

Amen
You have made an assumption about me that actually is not true. You do not know me.
You know nothing about me, other than that I am one who contends for righteousness.
I will tell you this much....I have had what is called a "near death experience". You do not need to hear the details, nor do I wish to argue about what I know that I saw with some stranger online who has already proven himself to be argumentative...the experience was too precious for that.
Let it be sufficient to say that I have heard the voice of God...

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
No one said sinless perfection is the requirement for salvation, but total surrender to Jesus and a willingness to be made perfect is what is required.

You are teaching sinless perfection. A total surrender to Jesus and a willngness to be made perfect is just that. Why is that? Because you're throwing hell into the mix brother.

Ok, it's one thing to teach us to totally surrender and repent daily and be made perfect. I totally agree with that teaching, especially repent daily. I believe it's important to do this so we don't quench the spirit, and to have a sound mind and walk in the peace of the Lord. I know what it's like to walk in the peace of His love, and I know what it's like to be convicted of sin through Him. I have felt both. But there's just one flaw in what you're teaching.

You are adding hell into the mix. If we don't do these things and the "requirements" as you say on a daily basis, believers will end up in hell. Nowhere in scripture does it say God throws His children into the lake of fire. Rather, scripture teaches us that God comforts, is a helper, convicts, guides us and disciplines us. God the Father is the polar opposite of what you teach, and you are distorting the character of the Father by throwing that lie into your teaching. (HELL).

John 14:25-27 NIV / 2 Cor 1:6 NIV / Heb 13:6 NIV - The Holy Spirit comforts and helps us.
John 14:26 NIV / 1 Cor 2:11-16 NIV / 1 John 2:27 NIV - The Holy Spirit teaches us.
John 16:8-11 NIV - The Holy Spirit convicts us of righteousness.
John 16:13 NIV - The Holy Spirit guides us.
Heb 12:4-13 NIV - God Disciplines His Children

- ATP

Status
Not open for further replies.