Sad

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do some always feel the need to argue over scripture. Some just get downright quarrelsome. I think a true believer could give is interpretation and let it lie on its merit. But the insecure tend to want to fight and get childish.
It would be hard for the Apostle Paul to teach today. You can't teach those that know everything.
I will not engage in discussions hence forth. Just state my beliefs and move on.
God bless

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E and APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do some always feel the need to argue over scripture. Some just get downright quarrelsome. I think a true believer could give is interpretation and let it lie on its merit. But the insecure tend to want to fight and get childish.
It would be hard for the Apostle Paul to teach today. You can't teach those that know everything.
I will not engage in discussions hence forth. Just state my beliefs and move on.
God bless
Can you imagine if Apostle Paul would have a difficult time preaching to today's audience then what hope might we have?

I do get it though...a discussion sometime turns heated and unfortunately at least one side does not learn a thing and they knew not much in the first place. Patience and staying calm are always important when dealing with matters and ideas and symbols of the heart concerning the holy writ.

Reactions: St. Joseph

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you imagine if Apostle Paul would have a difficult time preaching to today's audience then what hope might we have?

I do get it though...a discussion sometime turns heated and unfortunately at least one side does not learn a thing and they knew not much in the first place. Patience and staying calm are always important when dealing with matters and ideas and symbols of the heart concerning the holy writ.
Can you imagine being at a church bible study with some here. It would probably breakout into a fist fight.

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you imagine being at a church bible study with some here. It would probably breakout into a fist fight.
I realize that on these types of forums there are not many that actually want to do 'open-minded' honest-to-goodness Bible Study when most have a freshly sharpened edge of an axe agendi in their hand ready to strike at you out of insecurity and ignorance of their subject matter. Many are led to push and sell their pre-determined religious and doctrinal tribble, at all costs.

And besides, most have a very short attention span and get bored very quickly - young or older members alike. They really don't want to know why and how for example this set of verses point to this or that, as they have their minds made up already, poised with their ready to lay-down handy-dandy cheat crib notes they learned from their 'church.' Cannot shake these people in the least with new truth staring them in the face.

Eventually the 'truth' or the lies will shake loose from several exchanges or heavy discussions, and I like to see it when it happens one way or the other, and log it, and move on.

You have to have a 'thick skin' at times keeping your hands at your sides and off the gear shifter, keeping it in low gear with balanced composure no matter the deliberate hits fired upon you, that can wear you down over time.

And as for the orthodox style of 'church' Bible Study groups, for me they are usually a waste of time as the 'church' also has a set, and rigid so-called orthodox agendi to also sell and interpret in complete faith that all of it is the truth and nothing but the truth so help me god..

Reactions: St. Joseph

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God bless

Hilarious.... You literally joined the forum yesterday. 80-some posts in a day.

Good idea.... time to move on. ;)

This might not be the platform you've been longing for.

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hilarious.... You literally joined the forum yesterday. 80-some posts in a day.

Good idea.... time to move on. ;)

This might not be the platform you've been longing for.
i love it here. Just have to wade through the mire. Im learning not to cast pearls before swine. Good day

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E