safe from the storm

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
All about some interesting. Including the use of the Indian talkers and the cracking of German codes.

The system we use was based on nonrepeating prime numbers. Each and had to have a key card or you are not getting in.

They still use that principle today, but computer-based.
Have you seen the film with Benedict Cumberbatch about Alan Turing who cracked the Enigma code?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Have you seen the film with Benedict Cumberbatch about Alan Turing who cracked the Enigma code?
I went to Bletchley Park and did a tour of the site where the cryptographers worked; fascinating. There is also the Turing memorial at Manchester University.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Back then there was no love between Scotland and England. Scotland wanted independence.

I found the relationship weird.
Nichola Sturgeon still does and wants another referendum.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I went to Bletchley Park and did a tour of the site where the cryptographers worked; fascinating. There is also the Turing memorial at Manchester University.
Must have been fascinating. I think there have been a number of films about it one with Keira Knightly. And is that the statue of him on a bench?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have not been to Bletchley Park, you would find it fascinating; I do suspect that you would already know more about it than I do, though.
Could be.

Also interesting is without such a good relationship Scottish, it being isolated base for security reasons, when the base shut down they erected a granite monument to us and issued an official tartan.
USN Tartan.jpg

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Must have been fascinating. I think there have been a number of films about it one with Keira Knightly. And is that the statue of him on a bench?
It's years since I saw it in Manchester; I seem to recall a park next to the UMIST building.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is where I worked on Guam.

Notice there's nothing around it. It was hidden out in the boonies for security reasons and because the antenna was so sensitive unless the car engine was totally insulated, it would give off a signal that would jam the antenna.

We didn't have computers, so it was all manual.

Today it is all computerized.
NSGD Guam Ceased Operations, December 31, 1999

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One final comment, we were always severely undermanned due to the requirements to get our currencies.

An example tests everybody have take entering the Navy the average score was 60. You have to score 120 minimum to qualify.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So do you have Scottish / tartan connections or heritage? :)
My mother was Welsh and my husbands grandfather was Scottish. He is entitle to wear the Thompson tartan. But never has. All that with the kilt and everything is so expensive but I do like to see a handsome man in a kilt, especially with the dress jacket etc.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My mother was Welsh and my husbands grandfather was Scottish. He is entitle to wear the Thompson tartan. But never has. All that with the kilt and everything is so expensive but I do like to see a handsome man in a kilt, especially with the dress jacket etc.
I recall your blog thoughts also; so maybe the kilt comes to mind then also?