safe from the storm

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of years ago in the UK we were battered by storm Doris. It howled and whistled through keyholes and any other little gaps it could find. But I put the heating up and a classical CD on and just sat on my sofa in the calm atmosphere of inside and watched it. Sitting there with all that fierce weather going on outside I thought that it was a good representation of us as Christians who live in the tempestuous world but are not of it.

The storm was so fierce and close – just on the other side of the window but those thin transparent sheets of glass protected me from it. It was so noisy but was drowned out by the music I chose to listen to. Being in Jesus protects me from the storms of life and listening to his voice drowns out the other voices. These scriptures came to mind.

Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
1Peter 5:8

He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. Luke 8:24

“In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” J
ohn 16:33

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
A couple of years ago in the UK we were battered by storm Doris. It howled and whistled through keyholes and any other little gaps it could find. But I put the heating up and a classical CD on and just sat on my sofa in the calm atmosphere of inside and watched it. Sitting there with all that fierce weather going on outside I thought that it was a good representation of us as Christians who live in the tempestuous world but are not of it.

The storm was so fierce and close – just on the other side of the window but those thin transparent sheets of glass protected me from it. It was so noisy but was drowned out by the music I chose to listen to. Being in Jesus protects me from the storms of life and listening to his voice drowns out the other voices. These scriptures came to mind.

Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
1Peter 5:8

He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. Luke 8:24

“In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” J
ohn 16:33
"The storm that bowed Thy blessed Head
Is hushed for ever now;
And rest divine is ours instead,
Whilst glory crowns Thy brow."

Reactions: Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Pearl : "For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall." (Isaiah 25.4)

Reactions: tzcho2 and Helen
D

Dave L

One Sunday afternoon it was unseasonably warm in November. I decided to take a motorbike ride through the countryside. But in seeing all the wet leaves on the streets, I decided not to go. An hour or so later, a huge f 4 tornado ripped through the area I normally ride in. So I thank God for moving me out of harm's way were others died.

I joined a clean up crew and realized I would have probably been in it had I not stayed home.

When the sirens went off, I hopped in the car to grab my wife at the supermarket. I actually saw the beast snaking towards town. She was in the market herding people to safety when I found her. I'm glad we lived to tell about it.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
One Sunday afternoon it was unseasonably warm in November. I decided to take a motorbike ride through the countryside. But in seeing all the wet leaves on the streets, I decided not to go. An hour or so later, a huge f 4 tornado ripped through the area I normally ride in. So I thank God for moving me out of harm's way were others died.

I joined a clean up crew and realized I would have probably been in it had I not stayed home.

When the sirens went off, I hopped in the car to grab my wife at the supermarket. I actually saw the beast snaking towards town. She was in the market herding people to safety when I found her. I'm glad we lived to tell about it.
Wonderful to have seen your wife helping others...

Reactions: Dave L

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl : "For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall." (Isaiah 25.4)
Great verse farouk.

Reactions: farouk
D

Dave L

“The Lord is slow to anger, and great in power, And will not at all acquit the wicked: The Lord hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, And the clouds are the dust of his feet.” (Nahum 1:3)

After the Palm Sunday Tornadoes in 1965, I was in a book store in an area that had been seriously hit. And reading a few passages about it from a local author, it stunned me when I read something like: "the library became a heap of books and rubble on the floor" "And on top of the pile of books a dictionary remained open to an article about tornadoes". This might or might not be true but it gave me the willies when I read it.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our storms here must be babies compared to those ones you get.
I don't live on an island anymore.

In the Midwest we saw a lot of tornadoes. They are actually worse than typhoons/hurricanes.

In my year in Scotland I never saw a bad storm.But tons of fog.

Reactions: Dave L

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't live on an island anymore.

In the Midwest we saw a lot of tornadoes. They are actually worse than typhoons/hurricanes.

In my year in Scotland I never saw a bad storm.But tons of fog.

Yes, scotch mist is a term we use for very fine rain. Where I am in the UK we don't get the really extremes of the weather. And like I said our storms are nowhere near as ferocious as those hurricanes and tornadoes that they get in other parts of the world. Where about in Scotland.