safe from the storm

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, scotch mist is a term we use for very fine rain. Where I am in the UK we don't get the really extremes of the weather. And like I said our storms are nowhere near as ferocious as those hurricanes and tornadoes that they get in other parts of the world. Where about

Yes, scotch mist is a term we use for very fine rain. Where I am in the UK we don't get the really extremes of the weather. And like I said our storms are nowhere near as ferocious as those hurricanes and tornadoes that they get in other parts of the world. Where about

In my year in Scotland I never saw a bad storm.But tons of fog.
Yes, scotch mist is a term we use for very fine rain. Where I am in the UK we don't get the really extremes of the weather. And like I said our storms are nowhere near as ferocious as those hurricanes and tornadoes that they get in other parts of the world. Where about in Scotland.
Yes, Britain has an insular climate affected by the Gulf Stream, right?

Here in Canada it's a Continental climate, with cold winters and hot summers.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, Britain has an insular climate affected by the Gulf Stream, right?

Here in Canada it's a Continental climate, with cold winters and hot summers.
Our weather systems are governed by the Jet Stream either pulling warm are up from the south or down from the north.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Our weather systems are governed by the Jet Stream either pulling warm are up from the south or down from the north.
You guys don't get your coastline iced up for months, sometimes - as parts of Canada do... :) Ontario is supposed to have an ocean going outlet on Hudson Bay, but it's often iced up...

Reactions: Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, scotch mist is a term we use for very fine rain. Where I am in the UK we don't get the really extremes of the weather. And like I said our storms are nowhere near as ferocious as those hurricanes and tornadoes that they get in other parts of the world. Where about in Scotland.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A couple of years ago in the UK we were battered by storm Doris. It howled and whistled through keyholes and any other little gaps it could find. But I put the heating up and a classical CD on and just sat on my sofa in the calm atmosphere of inside and watched it. Sitting there with all that fierce weather going on outside I thought that it was a good representation of us as Christians who live in the tempestuous world but are not of it.

The storm was so fierce and close – just on the other side of the window but those thin transparent sheets of glass protected me from it. It was so noisy but was drowned out by the music I chose to listen to. Being in Jesus protects me from the storms of life and listening to his voice drowns out the other voices. These scriptures came to mind.

Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
1Peter 5:8

He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. Luke 8:24

“In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” J
ohn 16:33
Interesting Pearl, I have never experienced anything more then a really bad thunderstorm or a tornado that passed close by. I imagine being on an island surrounded by the ocean would present pretty powerful storms. It is a good image of the turbulence that happens around us and Jesus is our eye / center so we have peace in Him, no matter what storm or tempest swirls around us.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scotch Mist? Scots hate to be called Scotch.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting! :)

I was recently reading about Hans Rohrbach, who broke the American A-2 cypher. He was apparently a believer: Hans Rohrbach - Wikipedia
All about some interesting. Including the use of the Indian talkers and the cracking of German codes.

The system we use was based on nonrepeating prime numbers. Each and had to have a key card or you are not getting in.

They still use that principle today, but computer-based.

Reactions: farouk