SALVATION: BY GRACE OR BY WORKS? A FALSE DICHOTOMY

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm teaching how God Grant's faith is not by supernatural means today.
Then you have no idea what it means to be Born of the Spirit....

That is a supernatural act of God.

You lack spiritual understanding.

Spirit gives birth to spirit? which means what, if it’s not supernatural?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your last three posts to me, post # 517, 518, 519
These posts contain zero Scriptural refutation.
Stop wasting my time with your opinions.

1Peter 4:11,
- If anyone speaks let him speak as the oracles of God
You do not receive God given faith.....without the process of being drawn to Jesus by God?

Plus you must have your sins forgiven before any new birth can take place....which is the supernatural birth.

Your theology is manmade...Spirit gives birth to spirit?......you can’t even answer my questions I asked?

What is Born Again in you?

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your last three posts to me, post # 517, 518, 519
These posts contain zero Scriptural refutation.
Stop wasting my time with your opinions.

1Peter 4:11,
- If anyone speaks let him speak as the oracles of God
Then stop wasting our time with your opinions....we all voiced opinions and a few of ours don’t agree with yours.....as they are man made!.i just voiced “ MY” opinion.........your opinion is no more valid than anyone else’s.

You said you have faith before God has forgiven your sins....that is the biggest lie ever!!

Last edited:

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not need to work a miracle so you can believe and be saved.
The gospel has tremendous power!!! It is the power unto salvation.

@Titus ..nothing biblical here! Just your opinion?
Give me scripture for your claim that God MUST work a miracle in order for us to believe in Jesus?

..you can’t choose to be Born Again.
Wrong, The Philippian Jailer as well as every new testament personal story of their conversion to Christ chose to be saved i.e. born again by asking,
Acts 16:30,
- and he brought them out and said, Sirs what must I do to be saved

If Paul was indoctrinated into your religious beliefs he would have said to the Philippian Jailer...
" You cant do anything to be born again, where did you get that idea from? "

Faith is a gift from God....there is no faith in human understanding.
Really? So all those who never believe are not at fault.
According to your belief that makes God at fault for their lack of faith because God fid not give them the intellect to have the ability to believe nor did God give them faith miraculously.
Your beliefs make God guilty for all that go to hell.
Not what the Scriptures teach!
Ephesians 3:4,
- by which when ye  read ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ

Your teaching does not allow the lost to understand Gods word so that they may come to faith.
God is then guilty for all who cannot understand the word because He did not miraculous give them faith when they read the Scriptures.
We must be Born of the Spirit
..then we are begotten of God.....you can’t choose to be Born Again
The Scriptures refute you.

What is the incorruptible seed that we were Born Again of?
Have you never read 1Peter the whole chapter?
1Peter 1:23-25,
- having been born again not of corruptible seed but incorruptible through the word of God( The word of God is the incorruptible seed)
1Peter 1:23;24,
- all flesh is as grass and the glory of man as the flower of grass the grass withers and its flower fails away but the word of the Lord endures forever(incorruptible seed)

Luke 8:11,
- now the parable is this: the seed is the word of God

Peter teaches we are born again not by a miracle of the Holy Spirit as you teach.
Peter teaches we are born again by the word of God that you have repeatedly denied!!!

I suggest you give book chapter and verse where the Spirit and not Jesus saves us through a miracle.
And stop denying Gods truth that we are born again by the word.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Give me scripture for your claim that God MUST work a miracle in order for us to believe in Jesus?

Give me scripture where it says we aren’t Born of the Spirit?

That is supernatural, prove it’s not using scripture?
Wrong, The Philippian Jailer as well as every new testament personal story of their conversion to Christ chose to be saved i.e. born again by asking,
Acts 16:30,
- and he brought them out and said, Sirs what must I do to be saved

Your opinion of what it means to be Born Again...manmade imo.
If Paul was indoctrinated into your religious beliefs he would have said to the Philippian Jailer...
" You cant do anything to be born again, where did you get that idea from? "
We are Born of the Spirit?...you have no understanding of spiritual matters?

What are spiritual matters?
Really? So all those who never believe are not at fault.
According to your belief that makes God at fault for their lack of faith because God fid not give them the intellect to have the ability to believe nor did God give them faith miraculously.
Your beliefs make God guilty for all that go to hell.
Not what the Scriptures teach!
Ephesians 3:4,
- by which when ye  read ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ

Once again ...you have no idea imo, what it means to be Born of the Spirit?

God is Spirit?

How would you know God is Spirit?

Your teaching does not allow the lost to understand Gods word so that they may come to faith.
God is then guilty for all who cannot understand the word because He did not miraculous give them faith when they read the Scriptures.

The Scriptures refute you.

The scripture refutes you....God is the initiator on who becomes Born Again..not you.
Have you never read 1Peter the whole chapter?
1Peter 1:23-25,
- having been born again not of corruptible seed but incorruptible through the word of God( The word of God is the incorruptible seed)
1Peter 1:23;24,
- all flesh is as grass and the glory of man as the flower of grass the grass withers and its flower fails away but the word of the Lord endures forever(incorruptible seed)

The seed is Gods Living word you receive into your heart...Born Again of imperishable seed?

Our heart received the seed of Faith....a gift from God, which I proved using scripture.​

Matthew 13:18-23​

Matthew 13:18-23 KJV​

Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower. When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended. He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful. But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty
Luke 8:11,
- now the parable is this: the seed is the word of God

Peter teaches we are born again not by a miracle of the Holy Spirit as you teach.
Peter teaches we are born again by the word of God that you have repeatedly denied!!!

I suggest you give book chapter and verse where the Spirit and not Jesus saves us through a miracle.
And stop denying Gods truth that we are born again by the word.
We are Born Again by the Spirit of God?

Prove Gods word wrong?

Last edited:

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must be Born of the Spirit.. not Born of the gospel
You reject we are born again by the word. Tell Peter and Paul that. You teach against the Scriptures.

How God/Jesus calls all men to Him.
2Thessalonians 2:13-14,
- but we are bound to give thanks to God always for you brethren beloved by the Lord because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the Truth
To which He called you by our GOSPEL for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ

That is Scriptural answer to how God draws, calls all men to believe in Jesus Christ.

Now I'm still waiting for your claim with book, chapter and verse that God draws us before we hear the word of God?
Where is the miracle taught that you teach must be done by God so we might believe in Jesus and be saved.
I'm waiting?
Why do you keep denying the word is how we are born again?

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You reject we are born again by the word. Tell Peter and Paul that. You teach against the Scriptures.
You teach against God’s word.

You are Born Again by the Spirit of God....our spirit is Born Again...prove Gods word wrong?

Gods word is Alive and Active...which means what?

Gods word is his Living Spirit?

Prove it’s not using scripture?

We are not Born Again believing the gospel.

We are Born Again by the Spirit of God as his word says.

John 3:3-8​

King James Version​

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

A supernatural birth that only God can do?...as his word above says.

Last edited:

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are Born Again by the Spirit of God
You dont listen!!!
The Spirit revealed the word.
That is how the Spirit works in you to be born of the Spirit.
The word is the revelation of God. When you allow the word to work in you, you have the Spirit working in you.
1Thessalonians 2:13,
- for this reason we also thank God without ceasing because when you received the word of God
which you heard from us you welcomed it not as the word of men(because it comes from the Spirit) but as it is truth the word of God which also effectively works IN you who believe

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You teach against God’s word.

You are Born Again by the Spirit of God....our spirit is Born Again...prove Gods word wrong?

Gods word is Alive and Active...which means what?

Gods word is his Living Spirit?

Prove it’s not using scripture?

We are not Born Again believing the gospel.

We are Born Again by the Spirit of God as his word says.

John 3:3-8​

King James Version​

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

A supernatural birth that only God can do?...as his word above says.
Bottom line: YOU WOULD HAVE NEVER EVEN KNOWN THAT THERE IS A HOLY SPIRIT IF THE WORD OF GOD HAD NOT REVEALED THAT TO YOU.

You dont believe the Bible.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Bottom line: YOU WOULD HAVE NEVER EVEN KNOWN THAT THERE IS A HOLY SPIRIT IF THE WORD OF GOD HAD NOT REVEALED THAT TO YOU.

You dont believe the Bible.
Rubbish....I was Born Of The Spirit by Gods Living word....that is where you lack spiritual understanding.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must be Born of the Spirit..not Born of the gospel
1Peter 1:23,
- having been born again not of corruptible seed but incorruptible through the WORD OF GOD which lives and abides forever

You teach against Peter, Paul,
Therefore you teach against the Holy Spirit that Peter and Paul,were guided by.

Matthew 22:29,
- Jesus answered and said to them, You do err not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You dont listen!!!
The Spirit revealed the word.
That is how the Spirit works in you to be born of the Spirit.
The word is the revelation of God. When you allow the word to work in you, you have the Spirit working in you.
1Thessalonians 2:13,
- for this reason we also thank God without ceasing because when you received the word of God
which you heard from us you welcomed it not as the word of men(because it comes from the Spirit) but as it is truth the word of God which also effectively works IN you who believe
You’re the one who doesn’t listen...you must be Born of the Spirit...not the opinions that you keep posting on what it means to be Born Again.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
- having been born again not of corruptible seed but incorruptible through the WORD OF GOD which lives and abides forever

You teach against Peter, Paul,
Therefore you teach against the Holy Spirit that Peter and Paul,were guided by.

Matthew 22:29,
- Jesus answered and said to them, You do err not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God
We have been Born Again of Gods seed the Living Holy Spirit...the seed of Faith is planted into our hearts. Spirit gives birth to spirit?

To which you still haven’t answered what it means?

What is the seed?....the Living word of God?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1Peter 1:23 is not my opinion.
You voiced your opinion of what scripture means....the word of God is Alive and Active?

Something you have no spiritual understanding of.

The Bible is spoken in the Spirit?

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re the one who doesn’t listen...you must be Born of the Spirit...not the opinions that you keep posting on what it means to be Born Again.
As long as you stay hard headed against the Scriptures. You will be right where you are currently. Ignorant and
We have been Born Again of Gods seed the Living Holy Spirit...the seed of Faith is planted into our hearts. Spirit gives birth to spirit?

To which you still haven’t answered what it means?

What is the seed?....the Living word of God?
You dont even bother to read my posts.
I've already answered you.
Read post #524.
Luke 8:11 is the answer to what the seed is in 1Peter 1:23.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Titus .

What is being Born of incorruptible seed mean?

Answer the question instead of continually avoiding it?

1 Peter 1:23
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

New Living Translation
For you have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God.

English Standard Version
since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;

Berean Standard Bible
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

Berean Literal Bible
having been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, by the living and abiding word of God,

King James Bible
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As long as you stay hard headed against the Scriptures. You will be right where you are currently. Ignorant and

As you are ignorant to Gods word...your heart is hard....
You dont even bother to read my posts.
I've already answered you.
Read post #524.
Luke 8:11 is the answer to what the seed is in 1Peter 1:23.
You don’t read mine either...no questions I asked you have been answered?

You lack spiritual understanding...which means what?

The word is understood in the Spirit?

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must be Born of the Spirit.. not Born of the gospel
- having been born again not of corruptible seed but incorruptible through the word of God which lives and abides forever

Born again through the word of God.
Ritajanice speaks against the Holy Spirit.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
- having been born again not of corruptible seed but incorruptible through the word of God which lives and abides forever
If you post scripture without even understanding what is being said...is ERROR....as you are constantly in error.

Scripture you posted
Which means what?.....where was the seed planted?

What is the seed?

Born again through the word of God.
Ritajanice speaks against the Holy Spirit.
No you speak against the Spirit.....because you deny that we are Born Again by the “ Living “ word of God?

A supernatural act only God can do....you deny that’ Gods Spirit is a Living Spirit?

Blasphemy!! @Titus