Salvation in 7

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Brakelite @BarneyFife

Let's look back to Genesis ch1

There was no sin in God Creating in those 7 days.
However sin was already present prior to the Creation.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Now the earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep"

Darkness is both real such is a 'pitch black' night where you cannot see the hand in front of your face.

Darkness is also real such as in spiritual darkness = 1 John 2:9-11

He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Brakelite @BarneyFife

Let's look back to Genesis ch1

There was no sin in God Creating in those 7 days.
However sin was already present prior to the Creation.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Now the earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep"

Darkness is both real such is a 'pitch black' night where you cannot see the hand in front of your face.

Darkness is also a real such as in spiritual darkness = 1 John 2:9-11

He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

And here comes the sarcasm, Dave:

It was also dark outside when I was born...

But it wasn't last night.

You can invoke all the metaphors you like from outside of Genesis 1&2, and you're still not going to get any sin to be saved from on the first Sabbath (seventh) day—not from the account of Scripture.

Admittedly, this isn't where I thought you might go, but I could probably save you some time from grasping at a few more straws here:

Sin might have been present on earth in the place of the serpent, that is, if God allowed him to set up camp before the 2nd Sunday of Earth's history.

And late in Genesis 2, God does mention the possibility of disobedience and death:

But the record of the actuality of sin doesn't appear until Genesis 3.

To be honest, I'm not really all that hung up on chapter divisions, since there's no evidence that Moses used them to begin with.

But, as I've said before, the creation of the Sabbath is the last act of just that—God's perfectly holy creation of the heavens and the earth, and it's part of a bastion of sanctity that bears no direct reference to the blight of sin nor of any contingencies thereunto.

Otherwise, the lovely bookends of Genesis 1 and Revelation 22 get all out of whack. (There's another fishin' hole for ya, I guess.)

The 7th day Sabbath was made for man just as surely as it's wrong to murder, steal, lie, or covet and just as I'm not going for any other abstract commandments, I'm not buying the idea of singling out the 4th as one, either.

I'd be just as zealous if someone were trying to qualify any other commandment. If you don't believe me—just try it. ;)

By the way, where's all the brother-hating in Genesis 1?

Apologies in advance for any offenses this might bring about. :)

I oughta make that my signature. :p

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And here comes the sarcasm, Dave:

It was also dark outside when I was born...

But it wasn't last night.

You can invoke all the metaphors you like from outside of Genesis 1&2, and you're still not going to get any sin to be saved from on the first Sabbath (seventh) day—not from the account of Scripture.

Admittedly, this isn't where I thought you might go, but I could probably save you some time from grasping at a few more straws here:

Sin might have been present on earth in the place of the serpent, that is, if God allowed him to set up camp before the 2nd Sunday of Earth's history.

And late in Genesis 2, God does mention the possibility of disobedience and death:

But the record of the actuality of sin doesn't appear until Genesis 3.

To be honest, I'm not really all that hung up on chapter divisions, since there's no evidence that Moses used them to begin with.

But, as I've said before, the creation of the Sabbath is the last act of just that—God's perfectly holy creation of the heavens and the earth, and it's part of a bastion of sanctity that bears no direct reference to the blight of sin nor of any contingencies thereunto.

Otherwise, the lovely bookends of Genesis 1 and Revelation 22 get all out of whack. (There's another fishin' hole for ya, I guess.)

The 7th day Sabbath was made for man just as surely as it's wrong to murder, steal, lie, or covet and just as I'm not going for any other abstract commandments, I'm not buying the idea of singling out the 4th as one, either.

I'd be just as zealous if someone were trying to qualify any other commandment. If you don't believe me—just try it. ;)

By the way, where's all the brother-hating in Genesis 1?

Apologies in advance for any offenses this might bring about. :)

I oughta make that my signature. :p
The Point is that 'sin/satan' is the darkness pre-existing the Creation of Genesis.

This is confirmed by Apostle John in John chapter 1:1-6

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Point is that 'sin/satan' is the darkness pre-existing the Creation of Genesis.

This is confirmed by Apostle John in John chapter 1:1-6

He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Except that when the Light shined in the darkness spoken of in Genesis 1, the darkness did comprehend it and it fled.

There was as yet no man come into the world whose deeds were evil to prefer (love) darkness (John 3:19) rather than Light in Genesis 1.

Confirmation is never going to usurp the text.

I love you but it's never gonna happen, Dave. There is no rent-free space in my head. A metaphor is not the thing to which it refers. ;)

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except that when the Light shined in the darkness spoken of in Genesis 1, the darkness did comprehend it and it fled.

There was as yet no man come into the world whose deeds were evil to prefer (love) darkness (John 3:19) rather than Light in Genesis 1.

Confirmation is never going to usurp the text.

I love you but it's never gonna happen, Dave. There is no rent-free space in my head. A metaphor is not the thing to which it refers. ;)
Hmmm!!!
You say: "A metaphor is not the thing to which it refers."

metaphor

mĕt′ə-fôr″, -fər

noun​

1. A figure of speech in which a word or phrase that ordinarily designates one thing is used to designate another, thus making an implicit comparison, as in “a sea of troubles” or
  2. One thing conceived as representing another; a symbol.
  3. A figure of speech by which, from some supposed resemblance or analogy, a name, an attribute, or an action belonging to or characteristic of one object is assigned to another to which it is not literally applicable; the figurative transfer of a descriptive or affirmative word or phrase from one thing to another; implied comparison by transference of terms: as, the ship spread its wings to the breeze; “Judah is a lion's whelp,” Gen. xlix. 9.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm!!!
You say: "A metaphor is not the thing to which it refers."

metaphor

mĕt′ə-fôr″, -fər

noun​

1. A figure of speech in which a word or phrase that ordinarily designates one thing is used to designate another, thus making an implicit comparison, as in “a sea of troubles” or
  2. One thing conceived as representing another; a symbol.
  3. A figure of speech by which, from some supposed resemblance or analogy, a name, an attribute, or an action belonging to or characteristic of one object is assigned to another to which it is not literally applicable; the figurative transfer of a descriptive or affirmative word or phrase from one thing to another; implied comparison by transference of terms: as, the ship spread its wings to the breeze; “Judah is a lion's whelp,” Gen. xlix. 9.

Thank you for confirming my claim?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Warning: the pun below is for your own (lol) and should not be taken with a glass of seriousness

lol Barn, my Spin-the-Yarn brother

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

All statements made below are Property of the Holy Spirit and should always be trusted with one's whole heart, mind and soul.

What God (Master Architect) did in Genesis causes human intellects to fry like an egg on pavement on a hot sunny summer day.

Take a Look SEE at these parallel and inseparably connected intrinsic homogeneous TWIN Birth Truths of the same FATHER

Genesis 1:1-5
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Now the earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.
And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness.
God called the light “day,” and the darkness He called “night.”
And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

John 1:1-5
He was with God in the beginning.
Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made.
In Him was life, and that life was the light of men.
The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

overcome
κατέλαβεν (katelaben)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's Greek 2638: From kata and lambano; to take eagerly, i.e. Seize, possess, etc.

Today's Truth brought to you by our Heavenly Father in whose Hand we find ourselves safely abiding.............Peace

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me about the Pre-advent judgment, Amigo.

Tell me all about it.

I'd really like to know how much you know about it. :)
You tell me then . if the adventist church i went too lied to me about it . THEN you explain it .
Did this not come about due to the fact that a certain man had set dates for the return of Christ .
He missed it , twice actually . Ellen white knew and loved that man .
Later by revelation , SHE CLAIMS , it was told her that he had not missed the date
but rather the PLACE . That CHRIST had not come to EARTH but rather had entered into ...............
Go ahead let the folks know .
I have spoken to other adventists as well . Praise GOD , some of them do not BELIEVE IT at all .
In fact they dont believe all things ellen white taught .
WHICH IS VERY GOOD for them . SURE i know she taught some truths barney , so does pope francis .
AND HE IS FALSE . oh wait , is that too harsh a word for this unity generation .
HERE , how about this , THE MAN DONT KNOW GOD and is DECIEVING ALL . is that better

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Barney i feel led to go ahead and meet this generation half way . I mean after all its all about common ground right .
SO , here goes .
When THE RCC makes a decree that call it a papal bull .
SO , i will simply call it bull . There half way . And that is my compromising with ROME and the all inclusive .
take heed real close . YOu gonna see i have not compromised a word .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
parallel and inseparably connected intrinsic homogeneous TWIN Birth Truths of the same FATHER :stageright::jest::Laughingoutloud:

Yeah, Dave, and the world's my oyster-soup-kitchen-floor-wax-museum, too.

Next, you'll be saying that Christ is actually a wooly lamb of the four-legged, BOVIDAE-TYPE.

Or, perhaps, Satan is actually the King of Tyre...

Last edited: