"Salvation" is the gift of Eternal Life - it's FOREVER.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can one be of Apollos today when there is not even a sermon recorded in Scripture by Apollos?

Paul was chosen of God, he is the author of some 14 books of Scripture.

Today, if you use that metaphor, it would be I'm of Charles Stanley, no I'm of the Pope, no I'm of John Calvin, etc.

Paul was telling them we are all of Christ, one sows, one waters, and another reaps.
I completely do not understand your logic here so I digress.....

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is very confusing. One baptism is not water baptism, but one baptism is confessed through water baptism.

Sooooo is water baptism necessary?

You know as well as I that it is a commandment of Christ!

The difference in water baptism for you and me is the reason we are water baptized, plus my water baptism is biblical as illustrated by the baptism of Christ and Phillip baptizing the eunuch. It was full body immersion.

When I get the time in the next few days, I will start a new thread on the One Baptism that Paul spoke of.

Reactions: mailmandan

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know as well as I that it is a commandment of Christ!

The difference in water baptism for you and me is the reason we are water baptized, plus my water baptism is biblical as illustrated by the baptism of Christ and Phillip baptizing the eunuch. It was full body immersion.

When I get the time in the next few days, I will start a new thread on the One Baptism that Paul spoke of.
Nowhere at no point does scripture give instructions saying that one MUST be fully immersed. It is presumed or suggested but it is not explicit.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nowhere at no point does scripture give instructions saying that one MUST be fully immersed. It is presumed or suggested but it is not explicit.

It is plainly given to us in example, if by chance you have read it!

Sprinkling is used in ancient Jewish rituals, metaphors and washings, not the New Covenant believer's baptism.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I don't give opinions bbyrd. I repeat Scripture. Scripture says baptism now saves you. If you deny that you deny Scripture.
im not trying to deny that, mary, but i would argue that there is a ritual baptism—what you defend and promulgate—and then there is a…different? one, that i dunno but might be hidden from the wise
as “baptizing in the Jordan” might even indicate, the Jordan River being about two inches deep

but again im less interested in forwarding that here than pointing out that our beliefs are not necessarily truth, esp the more adamantly we profess them; you might leave a little room for uncertainty? Are you so sure that you are 100% correct? Do you know what that means?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmmm.....so when you sat down with your bible and read it you interpreted God's word HOW? Did an angel interpret it for you? Were you filled with the Holy Spirit?

If I only knew who taught you I would not be asking!! But you haven't told me yet. :watching and waiting: (and I suspect you never will)

"Salvation" is the gift of Eternal Life - it's FOREVER. | Page 91 | Christian Forums @ Christianity Board
Having no religious upbringing, after a wonderful, wholesome, loving, but hardworking childhood, marriage, children, and even my own business, things took a turn. My business was broken into three time causing financial stress, a bitter divorce, making it better for me not to see my kids, bankruptcy, the loss of my business, and a complete downward spiral on every front. One night, not knowing there was a God but knowing enough to know that I had knocked on every other door all of which were systematically slammed in my face, I began to talk to Him as if He might be listening--and He answered.

I was caught up in the spirit above the earth and shown many things--then suddenly found myself back in my body in a cold sweat in awe and bewilderment, repeating over and over in my mind all that I had experienced as if like counting sheep, and then drifted off to sleep.

The next morning I awoke refreshed, changed at my core, and where I had been full of stress and not knowing what would become of me, there was peace. Everything in my life then also changed and in a matter of days it was all dismantled and I went and stayed with my brother and his wife. In the spare bedroom where they put me up amidst a thousand other books I found a Bible and began to read it. In a week or ten days I read it from cover to cover, barely stopping to eat or sleep. I couldn't stop, because around every corner there was confirmation of my experience--it confirmed what I had experienced with God, and my experience confirmed the words that were written.

Since then while continuing to read the Bible over and over from cover to cover until I lost count, a new career opened up to me and I became a unique type of teacher, one that taught me how to teach others to enter a whole new and ultimately more vast world--I became as Scuba Instructor. For several years I continued reading the scriptures without ever going to church. I then met my current wife and began to go to church with her. When I did, much of what I heard was of course from the scriptures, while much of it also did not wash with all that I had learned with God and I alone. I still go...but I will leave it there. The point is, I called out to God, He answered, and lead me as the scriptures say, "unto all truth."

Now you know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Wrong AGAIN:
James 5:16

So you are saying we should not go to the Cross for God's forgiveness, we should go to a "righteous man".

And who would that be unless the person is born again, and you can't be born again, unless the Cross of Christ, (Jesus's Sacrifice) has dealt with your sin based on Christ dying for them.

So, there is noone who is righteous, unless God has saved them, based on Christ's, sacrifice.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hold on Scotty.....HOLD ON!!

Peter, with direct revelation from God, came to the realization that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of God. Are you taking the words of Jesus to Peter in a conversation from 2,000 years ago and suggesting that God is speaking directly to YOU?

That is how I am taking your response. That is how I am interpreting what you just said. Am I accurate? Or am I wrong?

VERY Curious Mary
As per usual, you are way off.

No, that is not what I was saying at all. I was referring to the fact that even now you reveal that you perceive that Jesus's conversation with Peter regarding who He was and the building of His church, was about Peter. It wasn't--it was about Jesus...and how He would build His church, not Peter. Peter was rather a chosen vessel used by God and Christ to set before the nations life or death (flesh and blood, or the Father in spirit), as Moses also did with Israel before him, and as God had also done for Adam and Eve before them. The result of which--just as it was with Adam and Eve--is two different outcomes, as the scriptures say: one leading to life and the other leading to death.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having no religious upbringing, after a wonderful, wholesome, loving, but hardworking childhood, marriage, children, and even my own business, things took a turn. My business was broken into three time causing financial stress, a bitter divorce, making it better for me not to see my kids, bankruptcy, the loss of my business, and a complete downward spiral on every front. One night, not knowing there was a God but knowing enough to know that I had knocked on every other door all of which were systematically slammed in my face, I began to talk to Him as if He might be listening--and He answered.

I was caught up in the spirit above the earth and shown many things--then suddenly found myself back in my body in a cold sweat in awe and bewilderment, repeating over and over in my mind all that I had experienced as if like counting sheep, and then drifted off to sleep.

The next morning I awake refreshed, changed at my core, and where I had been full of stress and not knowing what would become of me, there was peace. Everything in my life then also changed and in a matter of days it was all dismantled and I went and stayed with my brother and his wife. In the spare bedroom where they put me up amidst a thousand other books I found a Bible and began to read it. In a week or ten days I read it from cover to cover, barely stopping to eat or sleep. I couldn't stop, because around every corner there was confirmation of my experience--it confirmed what I had experienced with God, and my experience confirmed the words that were written.

Since then while continuing to read the Bible over and over from cover to cover until I lost count, a new career opened up to me and I became a unique type of teacher, one that taught me how to teach others to enter a whole new and ultimately more vast world--I became as Scuba Instructor. For several years I continued reading the scriptures without ever going to church. I then met my current wife and began to go to church with her. When I did, much of what I heard was of course from the scriptures, while much of it did not wash with all that I had learned with God and I alone. I still go...but I will leave it there. The point is, I called out to God, He answered, and lead me as the scriptures say, "unto all truth."

Now you know.
Thank you for your testimony.

Your answer is God lead you unto all truth. That means God is talking to you. That is how I interpret what you are saying.

Soooooo anyone that disagrees with you is wrong.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is plainly given to us in example, if by chance you have read it!

Sprinkling is used in ancient Jewish rituals, metaphors and washings, not the New Covenant believer's baptism.
Mark 16:16 is the believer's baptism. Notice He did not say: “He who believes not and is not baptized shall be damned,” because only believers were water baptized. The point is: Only believers are candidates for water baptism.

Believers' baptism: The eunuch believed and then was water baptized.

Believers baptism: Ananias laid hands on Paul and prayed that he might receive his sight and be filled with the Holy Ghost. He arose and was baptized (Acts 9:9-18). Paul not only believed upon Jesus Christ and received forgiveness of his bloody sins, but he also received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Belief precedes baptism.

Believers baptism:
“Can anyone forbid these water baptism, who have received the Holy Ghost just as we have?” He then commanded them to be baptized (Acts 10:17-48). The pattern is constant: Whoever believes, and only those who believe on Jesus Christ, can be baptized.

Water baptism IS believers baptism.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your testimony.

Your answer is God lead you unto all truth. That means God is talking to you. That is how I interpret what you are saying.

Soooooo anyone that disagrees with you is wrong.
Is that distain or sincerity?

Did you not know that this is what was to come according to the promise of Christ?

Reactions: Taken

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

If you will read the Act's of the Apostles.

"Acts".

Read Chapter 8....verse 26 and beyond.

You'll find Philip and the Eunuch.
This Eunuch, wanted to be water baptized.
Phillip would not allow it, unless a Condition had been met by the Eunuch, that then allows for water baptism to FOLLOW.

What is that condition that has to be met first??

Philip said....."if you have BELIEVED WITH ALL YOUR HEART, =First.....then you may get into the water and be immersed".

See that Condition?
That condition being met, is the only reason you get in the water, later.
You BELIEVE, FIRST..... and God takes this faith and gives to you, "the Gift of Salvation"....and following this REDEMPTION, you get water baptized.

I was water baptized 11 years after i was born again.
The Eunuch in Act's 8 didn't take that long.
The Dying THIEF on The Cross, was NEVER water baptized. .... and He's with God and Christ right now.

The BELIEF, the FAITH must come first, so that the new birth in the SPIRIT is caused by God's Holy Spirit = (Born again) AS a "new creation in Christ'.
THEN.....then, you get water baptized, after this "new birth in the Spirit" ...... BECAUSE you are born again, having already believed in Jesus.

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you will read the Act's of the Apostles.

"Acts".

Read Chapter 8....verse 26 and beyond.

You'll find Philip and the Eunuch.
This Eunuch, wanted to be water baptized.
Phillip would not allow it, unless a Condition had been met by the Eunuch, that then allows for water baptism to FOLLOW.

What is that condition that has to be met first??

Philip said....."if you have BELIEVED WITH ALL YOUR HEART, =First.....then you may get into the water and be immersed".

See that Condition?
That condition being met, is the only reason you get in the water, later.
You BELIEVE, FIRST..... and God takes this faith and gives to you, "the Gift of Salvation"....and following this REDEMPTION, you get water baptized.

I was water baptized 11 years after i was born again.
The Eunuch in Act's 8 didn't take that long.
The Dying THIEF on The Cross, was NEVER water baptized. .... and He's with God and Christ right now.

The BELIEF, the FAITH must come first, so that the new birth in the SPIRIT is caused by God's Holy Spirit = (Born again) AS a "new creation in Christ'.
THEN.....then, you get water baptized, after this "new birth in the Spirit" ...... BECAUSE you are born again, having already believed in Jesus.
Yes, and likewise the Eucharist.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Absolutely.

We adore the Lord by taking Communion, when we : "do this in remembrance", regarding the LITERAL Cross of Christ that is God's work of Redemption.
yes, and so a ritual is made of “this do in remembrance” also, rather than honoring those that we consume bread and juice with daily

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely.

We adore the Lord by taking Communion, when we : "do this in remembrance", regarding the LITERAL Cross of Christ that is God's work of Redemption.
It is a shame (or perhaps I should say, sham), that these road signs given to direct future generations as pointing to Christ and God have been destroyed by religious practices and misunderstanding and turned into idol worship--standing in the holy place.

Reactions: Behold

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
yes, and so a ritual is made of “this do in remembrance” also, rather than honoring those that we consume bread and juice with daily

The "cult of mary" created a religion out of mary worship, water baptism, confirmation, and taking the communion.

God offers CHRISTianty.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 16:16 is the believer's baptism. Notice He did not say: “He who believes not and is not baptized shall be damned,” because only believers were water baptized. The point is: Only believers are candidates for water baptism.

Believers' baptism: The eunuch believed and then was water baptized.

Believers baptism: Ananias laid hands on Paul and prayed that he might receive his sight and be filled with the Holy Ghost. He arose and was baptized (Acts 9:9-18). Paul not only believed upon Jesus Christ and received forgiveness of his bloody sins, but he also received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Belief precedes baptism.

Believers baptism:
“Can anyone forbid these water baptism, who have received the Holy Ghost just as we have?” He then commanded them to be baptized (Acts 10:17-48). The pattern is constant: Whoever believes, and only those who believe on Jesus Christ, can be baptized.

Yes, we agree Mark 16:16 is the believers baptism, and belief always precedes water baptism.

It's the purpose for water baptism where we disagree. i will address that when I get time to create the new thread.

Reactions: ScottA