• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am not a protestant, Bread of Death.
Actually - I don't know if you were baptized - so you might not be one.

A Protestant by definition is a non-Catholic Christian.
A Christian must be undergo a Trinitarian Baptism.

If you meet the above criteria - you are a Protestant . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are accusing a Catholic of being "too Scriptural"??
That's a hot one.

The Catholic Church has always been accused by Protestants of NOT being Biblical enough.
TRUST me - I don't lean on "nothing but" the writings, sister . . .

That is a lie. You lean on tradition also. And some of the writings you lean on have no support.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The Bible says to "mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. (Rom. 16:17)"
The entire basis of Protestantism is to cause division because it was born of ecclesial divorce.
God HATES Divorce (Evil 2:16).

You can't get more divided than Protestantism . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a lie. You lean on tradition also. And some of the writings you lean on have no support.

Stranger
WHAT are you talking about Stranger??
I never said that Catholics don't lean on Sacred Tradition.

Go back and READ Pia's charge - and my answer . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus didn't leave us a Book to be our earthly Authority. He left us a CHURCH.

When people like you claim that Jesus doesn't want them to be part of the Body - I can only assume that it was Satan and NOT Jesus who told you to do this. Jesus fervently prayed for the unity of His Church at the Last Supper. He prayed that His Church remain ONE in unity - as He and the Father are ONE. He didn't want millions of Lone Rangers running around making their own rules. He set up a hierarchy to guide His Church that would i turn, be guided by the Holy Spirit (John 16:12-15).

I'm not running a "commercial" for the Catholic Church. My SOLE purpose on this forum - as I have stated many times - is to expose the lies you guys keep telling about what the Catholic Church teaches. I do this so that the others who come here searching for the truth won't be seduced by your lies.

Now - if you and your anti-Catholic friends here would just be charitable towards Catholics as you are towards each other - there would be no need for people like me here . . .

Oh, now you're going to blame your attitude on the Protestants. What would Romanists do if they didn't have the Protestants to blame.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, but even Protestants get the same polluted pov you demonstrate; that being that one becomes able somehow to identify who the followers of Christ are, to commend yourselves to each other i guess, being as how you are supposed to treat everyone the same anyway. What use are you to God, if you believe you have identified someone as an enemy, only to treat them the same way the rest of the world does?

If no one can stand to be in a room with you right now, you obviously are not acting the part of the Body of Christ, right
YOU talk about treating others as "enemies" while you spew every sort of lying filth against Catholics on this forum.
You only become angry with people lie me for exposing your lies.

What utter hypocrisy . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHAT are you talking about Stranger??
I never said that Catholics don't lean on Sacred Tradition.

Go back and READ Pia's charge - and my answer . . .

I did read it. You said you don't lean on nothing but the writings. And that is not tradition.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, now you're going to blame your attitude on the Protestants. What would Romanists do if they didn't have the Protestants to blame.

Stranger
Stranger - are you reading the posts - or just lashing out again??

I don't "blame" Protestants for anything other than rebellion.
But, that's between YOU and the God you rebel against.

And what the heck is a "Romanist"??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did read it. You said you don't lean on nothing but the writings. And that is not tradition.

Stranger
You can't be serious.
Do you even understand what a "double negative" is??

Pia said that I lean on "nothing but the writings".
I told her that I DON'T lean on "nothing but the writings" - but on Sacred Tradition as well.

Take an English course, pal . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger - are you reading the posts - or just lashing out again??

I don't "blame" Protestants for anything other than rebellion.
But, that's between YOU and the God you rebel against.

And what the heck is a "Romanist"??

I have told you what a Romanist is. They are those associated with the Roman Church. Like you.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't be serious.
Do you even understand what a "double negative" is??

Pia said that I lean on "nothing but the writings".
I told her that I DON'T lean on "nothing but the writings" - but on Sacred Tradition as well.

Take an English course, pal . . .

If I musunderstood, my apologies...on that point.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i never said it was. We are pretty obviously all in this together

"Together" with WHOM??
Which
denomination are you in this "together" with?

Some Protestant denominations believe in baptismal regeneration, while others do not.
Some believe in soul-sleep, while others do not.
Some believe in the total depravity of man, while others do not.
Some believe in the Holy Trinity, while others do not.
Some believe in doctrine of “once saved, always saved”, while others do not.
Some believe in a pre-tribulation “Rapture”, while others do not.
Some believe that only those who were predestined will make it to heaven, while others do not.
Some believe that some were predestined for hell, while others do not.
Some believe in a woman’s right to choose abortion, while others do not.
Some believe that practicing homosexuality is a sin, while others do not.
Most believe in contraception, while others do not – and the list goes on.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have told you what a Romanist is. They are those associated with the Roman Church. Like you.

Stranger
There is no such thing as the "Roman Church".
Sooooooo, what is a "Romanist"??

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus didn't leave us a Book to be our earthly Authority. He left us a CHURCH.

When people like you claim that Jesus doesn't want them to be part of the Body - I can only assume that it was Satan and NOT Jesus who told you to do this. Jesus fervently prayed for the unity of His Church at the Last Supper. He prayed that His Church remain ONE in unity - as He and the Father are ONE. He didn't want millions of Lone Rangers running around making their own rules. He set up a hierarchy to guide His Church that would i turn, be guided by the Holy Spirit (John 16:12-15).

I'm not running a "commercial" for the Catholic Church. My SOLE purpose on this forum - as I have stated many times - is to expose the lies you guys keep telling about what the Catholic Church teaches. I do this so that the others who come here searching for the truth won't be seduced by your lies.

Now - if you and your anti-Catholic friends here would just be charitable towards Catholics as you are towards each other - there would be no need for people like me here . . .
Oh my goodness, there you go again....When did I EVER say he doesn't want us to be part of His body. I have said the opposite many times, except I am referring to His body, the ones He is accepting into HIS CHURCH, not mans institutions.
Since you write pages and pages of your scriptures with your understanding and get miffed if people don't reply to you and then make a big deal out of that. Why don't you answer? I have asked you several times now about a couple of things and yet you refuse to address them. that is what I commonly call a hypocrite.
If you were an exposer of lies, you would be listening to the Lord, so He can show you the lies, instead of you assuming because of your understanding of the Bible that you know. It is very very clear to me that all you do is glean a tiny portion of what we write and then get on your ever so high horse once again, and keep on with your writings.
Not once have I made up any rules, all I have ever done is pass on what He has told me, and if you don't believe Him, fine. It's your life and your eternity. People like you only continue the lies which has kept believers from seeking God/Jesus/ the Holy spirit, so that through revelation from above, they could get to know the real truth.
Charitable toward catholics? I am quite frankly getting sick to my soul, that I have to keep repeating to you, that I have absolutely nothing against people who call themselves catholics as I firmly believe that even in that awful system, there are still those who truly have a heart for God, which is absolutely clear to me that you have not....With all your studying, how could you have missed the commandment Jesus gave us...I tried to reach out to your earlier today, but as usual you were just as rude as you have been all along. If I could even see a minute detail of love within your writings, I would be more than willing to at least read what you say, but now I simply cannot be bothered, as you keep refusing to answer my questions while riling at me for not answering yours.
So as this turned out to be a complete fiasco ( me trying to reach out to you ) I have no choice but to go back to simply ignoring your posts... wouldn't want to be a stumbling block to those who are weak in faith, as Paul instructed us not to be. I had not seen you that way at the start, but clearly you are in need of the sincere milk of the truth once again, if indeed you got that the first time around. Hope you manage to lose the way of using the written word only and get some proper revelation. You may find yourself a blessing instead of being a person who's only interest is to pull down those you don't seem worthy because they don't belong to your precious institution........I think you need to stop taking the position of usurping the Holy Spirit as our teacher. What? Isn't He good enough for you?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"The Bible says to "mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. (Rom. 16:17)"
Exactly, so really what am I doing here, as most do exactly that. They speak out of their flesh and expect the rest of us to fall into line behind them.. The 'doctrine' as you call it, which I have learned came from Jesus, and I for one am not going to argue with Him or have the audacity to tell Him that He is wrong, because the Bible says......... :)

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are accusing a Catholic of being "too Scriptural"??
That's a hot one.

The Catholic Church has always been accused by Protestants of NOT being Biblical enough.
TRUST me - I don't lean on "nothing but" the writings, sister . . .
Yeah and isn't that just the biggest shame of all, when Jesus clearly said :" When the Holy Spirit is come, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance whatsoever I have said, so that no one will need any man to teach them." And before you go 'beating' me over the head with my 'mistake' , I do know there are two different placers this is written but it's about the same thing. So answer me just this one thing, if you're not too high and mighty for that ( since you have ignored every single other thing I have asked you so far ). What have you got against people taking Jesus' word for what the Holy Spirit was sent to us for ( as well as to seal us for the day of redemption ) ?

Reactions: Jun2u

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Jeusalem council wasn't the Roman Church.

That the Church is indfectibile is accurate as far as the true Church is concerned. That the Church is the Roman Church is where the problem lies.

You speak half truths. Another word for a lie. The Bible says to "mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. (Rom. 16:17) My how clear it is when you read the whole verse. 'contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned'. There were those causing divisions by changing the doctrine that had been taught by the apostle Paul.

As far as division itself, the believers will divide, and should divide in order to maintain the truth. (Luke 12:51) "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division." Jesus caused division because He was the truth and taught the truth. The believers in (Rom. 16:17) who were doctrinally correct were the ones dividing, and were commanded to do so by Paul. Thus your speech about Protestants being wrong, in dividing from the Roman Church and with anyone whose doctrine is incorrect, is wrong.

Your faith is only as good as what you put it in. No matter how much of it you have.

You mean there are more falsehoods?

Stranger
Jesus did not come to bring division to believers, but between believers and unbelievers.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
dang Stranger, very nice imo

oh, ppl are multi-faceted, and we are on an internet forum. Meaning i wouldn't judge too harshly, this is not IRL. but i would agree that ppl become known by their works, ya.
Sorry what is IRL ( please don't forget I'm in my sixties, so many of those abbreviations are beyond me lol ). I am NOT just trying to be difficult :)