• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. Not one of them there Catholics.
I grew up Catholic in an Italian home in the U.S.
I actually know Catholic theology pretty well.
Ummm, not from what I've read of your posts . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you are wondering whether you can lose your salvation or not, don't worry imo--you aren't even saved yet.
Thank God it's not up to YOU to decide who is saved and who is not . . .

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

she post titled'Go to hell' in bible study - twinc

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
she post titled'Go to hell' in bible study - twinc
this came across as you quoting me, but i don't see you quoting me here, so not sure what the deal is?

and is "she post" supposed to be "see post?" i assume so, but without your quote of me i am just lost here, sorry

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha funny to me that "Christians" contemplate whether salvation loss is possible or not, but the Bible contemplates whether salvation gain is even possible! "Who then, can be saved?"
People like to be guaranteed the "good" things and would rather that when received they can never be lost. It's like dreaming that you were born to parents who were super rich and never in your carnal life would you have to have financial worries. That is a day dream and will not become reality.

So comes the preacher, teacher, or whatever with the message that you can get your foot in God's Door and never have it removed no matter what you do after that. Carnal life is not like that and neither is living for God while we are in this world with the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life pulling on us. People are bothered by those things, but they want to have an assurance that even if they submit themselves to one or more of them, they still have a solid foot in God's Door.

God had the Book [Bible] written and within it someone who wants to can find for support for a great many conflicting messages. Because we can put verses together that sound like OSAS is it, those who want security without concern now latch onto them instead of seeking first God's kingdom and righteousness no matter where the seeking may lead. They will even quote verses that in essence say 'where God leads me I will follow', but they don't want to be led into some places because it would mean they start having to pay closer attention to something other than what they want.

They are blind but do not want to be led by the Holy Ghost if means they would have to dig in their heels every day to keep hold of God's hand. They would rather stay blind. Of course, they are unlikely to admit or even to recognize how blind they really are.

Reactions: bbyrd009

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe it is possible for a heaven bound Christian to end up condemned. There are many passages describing this but I believe the parable in Luke 12:42-46 is one of the clearest.

In this parable, the word "manager" is singular, showing that there is only one faithful and wise manager being spoken of. Looking at the verses, we have:

a) V.42 tells us of a faithful and wise manager (obviously a saved man) who is put in charge while the master (Jesus) is away.

b) Vs. 43-44 say that the servant will be rewarded and put in charge of all the master's possessions if the master returns and finds that the servant has remained faithful.

c) Vs. 45-46 then tells us that the same servant will be condemned and assigned a place with the unbelievers (in hell) if the master returns and finds that he is sinning and mistreating the other servants etc.

To say that the servant will be assigned a place with unbelievers makes it obvious that he was a believer initially.

To me, this is one of several parables and passages which clearly show that a Christian can be rewarded or condemned, depending on his actions.

Loss of salvation is a vitally important issue.

What do you think of this parable?
Actually, this parable begins in (Luke 12:35-40). Then Peter questioned the Lord as to who this parable is directed to. (41) To which Christ responded. (42-48).

So the main point I would say is found in verse (36). " And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately. " If you want to apply this parable to the believer in Jesus Christ, the Christian, then understand we are the bride of Christ. Are we not? And in this parable, the wedding has already taken place. Did it not?
Therefore Christ is returning from the wedding that took place in Heaven. The servants are those on the earth at the return or Second Coming of Christ. The servants here have nothing to do with the Church or the Christians. That they are servants, yes. But not the Church. And as servants they are treated as servants. Rewarded or punished.

You speak of their punishment as 'condemnation'. But are you not reading into that. They receive beatings, and stripes. And they are appointed a lot or portion with the unbelievers. Understand at the Second Coming of Christ, Christ is preparing for the millennial reign. And though all who enter the millennium will be believers, there will be unbelievers born during this time. Just like Adam and Eve begat Cain and a host of other unbelievers. During this millennial reign, Christ is the light shinning forth from Israel and Israel shinning forth over the world. And the farther away from Israel a people are there will be less light. Outer darkness you might say. Which will be the area where the unbelievers will naturally want to gather as they cannot stand the light. It is this place that the unwatchful servant is placed. It is not hell. But it is not in close relation to the Lord either.

Stranger
I am not ready to believe that Christians will lose their Salvation. I do believe that the judgement of Christians in the last days will be about spiritual awards granted the Christians. And there will be a lot of sadness from Christians over that loss. I myself will probably lose out on some of those rewards. I'm not worthy of them in my own eyes after all. But who while on earth will be in a position to see all of God's belongings as defined in the parable, let alone be put in charge of them. This is a parable, and Jesus spoke in parables so that those who are self righteous will be judged based on what they heard: the Pharrissees , scribes, saducees, etcetra. Jesus explained the parables to his Diciples. That is my opinion.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I am not ready to believe that Christians will lose their Salvation.
i'm skeptical that most ppl claiming to be Christian even have "salvation," which i wouldn't bother to repeat except for the hubris of the thread title, which i know is unintended.

i would even go so far as to say that contemplating whether one's "loss of salvation is even possible" is a sign of blindness, although i'm not sure how i would try to support that. Prolly via "fear," the premise strikes me as coming from fear. What do you think there?

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i'm skeptical that most ppl claiming to be Christian even have "salvation," which i wouldn't bother to repeat except for the hubris of the thread title, which i know is unintended.

i would even go so far as to say that contemplating whether one's "loss of salvation is even possible" is a sign of blindness, although i'm not sure how i would try to support that. Prolly via "fear," the premise strikes me as coming from fear. What do you think there?
Many people claiming to be Christians are relying, at least partly, on works to keep them out of Hell at least. I was one such individual as a child to my mid twenties. It was a stressful form of spirituality to live out. Becoming a Born again Christian was such an experience of having the weight taken off my shoulders. All to say I believe you. But usually people who are Born Again Christians do not refer to people like me as a kid as Christians so I skipped that consideration automatically. So having said that and limiting my reply, as I did, to Born Again Christians I don't think that they will lose their Salvation. I'm being very objective. Emotions could have me posing questions.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

What do you think then?
Do we ever get salvation?
When?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What do you think then?
Do we ever get salvation?
When?
ha well imo "salvation" badly needs a new definition anyway,
or a return to the original one, or something. It is envisioned now as like some switch that gets thrown when the right altar works are performed, the point supposedly being Life After Death, when i don't think that is what was ever intended; just what ppl want, so that is what they buy

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ha well imo "salvation" badly needs a new definition anyway,
or a return to the original one, or something. It is envisioned now as like some switch that gets thrown when the right altar works are performed, the point supposedly being Life After Death, when i don't think that is what was ever intended; just what ppl want, so that is what they buy
What was intended?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
lol, see, no one is much interested in that, are they
Jesus came to give life and a life more abundant.
This is true.
Also, He came to create His Kingdom right here on this earth, right now.
We're not supposed to be living just so we could go to heaven when we die.

Is this to what you're referring?

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009