Salvation Through Baptism ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I get it. If we don't obey His commandments we won't be saved. Having faith is the first step to being saved. Being baptized and keeping His commandments and the teachings of the Apostles (works) are the other steps to being saved. I believe what Scripture says: Faith without works is dead. (James 2:17)
You believe that faith is sufficient. Scripture says otherwise.

Yes I agree.
This scripture comes to mind...

Acts 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
[45] And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
[46] For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

[47] Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
[48] And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Jesus said
John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

And this is a Major Commandment...

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Keep up the good work.
God Bless!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[47] Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
[48] And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Note also when Peter gave the command to baptize the Gentiles they were already saved.

To God Be The Glory

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Note also when Peter gave the command to baptize the Gentiles they were already saved.
To God Be The Glory

Acts 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
[2] He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

[3] And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
[4] Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
[5] When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
[6] And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

God Bless!

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Both Paul's and Peter's accounts are alike. The people were already saved before receiving the Holy Ghost, that is water baptism is not the cause rather it is the result of salvation.

To God Be The Glory

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I beg to differ. in fact, in the last days (which we are in) only the unsaved will do signs and wonders! Matthew 24:24 reads:

To God Be The Glory
The key word in my statement was “could”....:rolleyes:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both Paul's and Peter's accounts are alike. The people were already saved before receiving the Holy Ghost, that is water baptism is not the cause rather it is the result of salvation.

To God Be The Glory
HalleluYAH! Yes!

What , though, if someone does not get saved, so they do not get baptised (immersed) ?

Can they potentially get saved later, and get immersed then ?

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both Paul's and Peter's accounts are alike. The people were already saved before receiving the Holy Ghost

Just when I thought to heard it all, you come along saying a person is saved WITHOUT the Holy Ghost ... WHEW!

Good luck with that.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HalleluYAH! Yes!

What , though, if someone does not get saved, so they do not get baptised (immersed) ?

Can they potentially get saved later, and get immersed then ?

Water baptism will NOT get anyone saved! God is the one that saves. I believe that the methodology of water baptism is by sprinkling and not by immersion.

"Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you." Ezekiel 36:25.

Anyone has the potential of getting saved. Salvation is of God.

To God Be The Glory

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water baptism will NOT get anyone saved! God is the one that saves. I believe that the methodology of water baptism is by sprinkling and not by immersion.

"Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you." Ezekiel 36:25.

Anyone has the potential of getting saved. Salvation is of God.

To God Be The Glory
To God be The Glory! Only He Has Revealed and Only He is Able to Reveal that that usage of sprinkling someone taught you will have to be corrected, if God Wills, when God Permits.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only He Has Revealed and Only He is Able to Reveal that that usage of sprinkling someone taught you will have to be corrected, if God Wills, when God Permits.

Argue with God!!! Read Ezekiel 36:16-38 and tell Him Ezekiel 36 is not Scripture because He has not revealed it you.

To God Be The Glory

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You simply chose the wrong word,
Argue with God!!! Read Ezekiel 36:16-38 and tell Him Ezekiel 36 is not Scripture because He has not revealed it you.

To God Be The Glory
at the wrong time,
about the wrong time,
in the wrong way, that's all.

Oh, it is God's Word. But not as He Said - someone else diverted your attention from what God means, to uphold some tradition of men ? instead of God's Reality.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You simply chose the wrong word,

at the wrong time,
about the wrong time,
in the wrong way, that's all.

Oh, it is God's Word. But not as He Said - someone else diverted your attention from what God means, to uphold some tradition of men ? instead of God's Reality.

Therefore you are saying I did not get the gist of Ezekiel 36?

Tell me, to what people was God talking to in Ezekiel 36?

To God Be The Glory

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe I "got it" the first time. Why not explain what you mean so that there be no confusion?

To God Be The Glory

KingdomSon

Jul 11, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi

ACTS 2:38
Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

So is baptism necessary in order to receive the Holy Spirit?

And is baptism necessary for salvation? If a person has accepted Jesus Christ by faith and has made a full repentance, yet have not become baptized.. are they saved.

KingdomSon

Jul 11, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptizing is part of being saved but it not what saves you. Christ saves us but we show our faith by being baptized. If we refuse to be baptized then we are mocking God. Its christ commandment. It's also a visble word and a sign of the covenant . We can look to our baptizing and know we have believed in christ.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One single Biblical example that shows someone saved apart from water baptism is sufficient proof that baptism is not essential to get saved. It is a factor that just cannot be evaded if one is to truly "checking out all the verses on baptism." One does not get a full view of baptism by reading just baptism verses, but by reading examples and verses about salvation by grace through faith.
Your welcome to do things your way and I will do things as I have been taught.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When talking to people who are deceived and believe that water washes away their sin, its a good thing to let them realize that the Thief on the Cross, was not water baptized.
Its also a good thing to let them know that the Apostle to the "GENTILES" in the "time of the GENTILES", said that "Christ sent me not to water baptize".
And it is a good thing not to decide on doctrine based on one verse of scripture.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Show me one verse in the Bible that says, "whoever is not water baptized will be condemned." The Bible says whoever does not believe will be condemned. (Mark 16:16(b); John 3:18)
That is insufficient to build a doctrine that will stand the test.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I can however, show that they all drove around in a Honda!

The Bible says that they were all in one Accord! (Acts 1:14)!

Should I make what you drive a salvation issue? :eek:

12 in one Honda Accord!! That is what you might call close fellowship.

Reactions: Candidus