Salvation Through Baptism ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spirit baptism was only passed on to other INDIVIDUALS by the laying on of the apostles hands according to (Acts 6:6 ; 8:18,19 ; 19:1-6)

What happens when the apostles died? (Zech 13:1,2) (1Cor.13:8-10) (Eph.4:11-15).

Miracles ceased.
You've never seen a miracle?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you're saying someone can be saved without being baptized?

Luke 6:46 “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you?

Matthew 7:21-25
Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness. Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock.

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; be he that believeth not shall be damned.

Luke 7:30 But the Pharisees and lawyer rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of Him.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto unto thee, Except a man be born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Galatians 1:8-9
But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

Acts 8:12
But when they believed Philip preaching the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were being baptized, men and women alike.

Act 8:26-40
But an angel of the Lord spoke to Philip saying, “Get up and go south to the road that descends from Jerusalem to Gaza.” (This is a desert road.) So he got up and went; and there was an Ethiopian eunuch, a court official of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of all her treasure; and he had come to Jerusalem to worship, and he was returning and sitting in his chariot, and was reading the prophet Isaiah. Then the Spirit said to Philip, “Go up and join this chariot.” Philip ran up and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and said, “Do you understand what you are reading?” And he said, “Well, how could I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. Now the passage of Scripture which he was reading was this: “He was led as a sheep to slaughter; And as a lamb before its shearer is silent, So He does not open His mouth. “In humiliation His judgment was taken away; Who will relate His generation? For His life is removed from the earth.” The eunuch answered Philip and said, “Please tell me, of whom does the prophet say this? Of himself or of someone else?” Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning from this Scripture he preached Jesus to him. As they went along the road they came to some water; and the eunuch *said, “Look! Water! What prevents me from being baptized?” And Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus.

Acts 10:48
And he ordered them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to stay on for a few days.

Acts 16:33
And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household.

Acts 18:8
Crispus, the leader of the synagogue, believed in the Lord with all his household, and many of the Corinthians when they heard were believing and being baptized.

Acts 19:5
When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Acts 22:12-16
“A certain Ananias, a man who was devout by the standard of the Law, and well spoken of by all the Jews who lived there, came to me, and standing near said to me, ‘Brother Saul, receive your sight!’ And at that very time I looked up at him. And he said, ‘The God of our fathers has appointed you to know His will and to see the Righteous One and to hear an utterance from His mouth. For you will be a witness for Him to all men of what you have seen and heard. Now why do you delay? Get up and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on His name.’

John 3:22-23

After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized. Can you imagine what it would be like to be baptized under the watchful eye of Christ Himself?

Romans 6:3-7

Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin.

Reactions: Mr C

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Surely you jest? MANY are on their "deathbeds" and CANNOT be baptized.

Just b/c a preacher tells someone they are saved does not make it so.

He might be lying.

Many people in hospitals have been baptized while in serious condition.

Where there is a will (of God) there is a way.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 7:21-25
Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness. Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock.

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; be he that believeth not shall be damned.

Luke 7:30 But the Pharisees and lawyer rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of Him.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto unto thee, Except a man be born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Galatians 1:8-9
But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

Acts 8:12
But when they believed Philip preaching the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were being baptized, men and women alike.

Act 8:26-40
But an angel of the Lord spoke to Philip saying, “Get up and go south to the road that descends from Jerusalem to Gaza.” (This is a desert road.) So he got up and went; and there was an Ethiopian eunuch, a court official of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of all her treasure; and he had come to Jerusalem to worship, and he was returning and sitting in his chariot, and was reading the prophet Isaiah. Then the Spirit said to Philip, “Go up and join this chariot.” Philip ran up and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and said, “Do you understand what you are reading?” And he said, “Well, how could I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. Now the passage of Scripture which he was reading was this: “He was led as a sheep to slaughter; And as a lamb before its shearer is silent, So He does not open His mouth. “In humiliation His judgment was taken away; Who will relate His generation? For His life is removed from the earth.” The eunuch answered Philip and said, “Please tell me, of whom does the prophet say this? Of himself or of someone else?” Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning from this Scripture he preached Jesus to him. As they went along the road they came to some water; and the eunuch *said, “Look! Water! What prevents me from being baptized?” And Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus.

Acts 10:48
And he ordered them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to stay on for a few days.

Acts 16:33
And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household.

Acts 18:8
Crispus, the leader of the synagogue, believed in the Lord with all his household, and many of the Corinthians when they heard were believing and being baptized.

Acts 19:5
When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Acts 22:12-16
“A certain Ananias, a man who was devout by the standard of the Law, and well spoken of by all the Jews who lived there, came to me, and standing near said to me, ‘Brother Saul, receive your sight!’ And at that very time I looked up at him. And he said, ‘The God of our fathers has appointed you to know His will and to see the Righteous One and to hear an utterance from His mouth. For you will be a witness for Him to all men of what you have seen and heard. Now why do you delay? Get up and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on His name.’

John 3:22-23

After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized. Can you imagine what it would be like to be baptized under the watchful eye of Christ Himself?

Romans 6:3-7

Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin.
So make up your mind! Are all the people on their "death beds" doomed for Hell because they cannot be baptized?

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have seen several.

Go find that person who did the so called miracle and we will go to a cemetery.

We will have TV cameras there to film it.(60 Mintues / 20/20)

I will tell them to stay down and he /she can tell them to get up and let's see who is telling truth and who is lying.

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you're making up fairy tales to support YOUR doctrine.

Sure, I'm on a religious website telling you lies about baptism.

Your right.

Btw - Are you one of those people who say DO NOT JUDGE?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So make up your mind! Are all the people on their "death beds" doomed for Hell because they cannot be baptized?
Never said that....so again on Judgment day, standing before Christ the topic of baptism comes up.
So Johnny says, "I just didn't think it was important."
Or maybe Johnny says, "I decided I believed in you five minutest before I died and I was to sick to get baptized."
From there it is up to Christ where Johnny goes.

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Paul had have died before his sins were forgiven he would have busted hells gates wide open. (Mark 16:16) (1Peter:3:20,21)

When was Paul's sins forgiven?

Not on the road with Jesus according to (Acts 9:9).

(Acts 22:16)

1. Arise

2. Be Baptized

3. Wash Away Your Sins

You tell me WHEN Paul's sins were washed away?

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh....I have read your past posts.
So tell what you have to do to be saved? Do you believe that belief alone saves you...baptism and communion are not required?[
/QUOTE]

NOTHING! A spiritually dead person cannot do anything to save himself, just as a corpse has no life in himself.

At the tomb Jesus commanded with a loud voice, "Lazarus come forth!" Can Lazarus hear the command? Of course not! He was dead for four days, but Lazarus did come forth. What had to have happened? Well,Jesus had to go into the tomb and give Lazarus life, and this is the same methodology He performs to those whom He wishes to save!!!

Water baptism and communion are never required for salvation as can be seen by the thief on the cross. They are rituals performed by mankind which are "works" and nowhere in Scripture are they commanded, therefore contrary to Ephesians 2:9.

To God Be The Glory

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look up the definition of Do.
Tell Christ when you see Him that you have a better "Way'" to salvation.
Then Jesus gave the following illustration: “Can one blind person lead another? Won’t they both fall into a ditch?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go find that person who did the so called miracle and we will go to a cemetery.

We will have TV cameras there to film it.(60 Mintues / 20/20)

I will tell them to stay down and he /she can tell them to get up and let's see who is telling truth and who is lying.
Miracles happen for those who believe. I've seen several. You're saying you don't believe in miracles. No wonder you don't see miracles.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, I'm on a religious website telling you lies about baptism.

Your right.

Btw - Are you one of those people who say DO NOT JUDGE?
You should read your posts.

"Just b/c a preacher tells someone they are saved does not make it so.

He might be lying."

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never said that....so again on Judgment day, standing before Christ the topic of baptism comes up.
So Johnny says, "I just didn't think it was important."
Or maybe Johnny says, "I decided I believed in you five minutest before I died and I was to sick to get baptized."
From there it is up to Christ where Johnny goes.
Ok, you just admitted water baptism is not mandatory for Christian salvation. I agree.