Salvation Through Baptism ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:21: “For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.”

1 Corinthians 15:1: Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2: “By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.”

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

2 Corinthians 4:3: But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

2 Corinthians 4:4: “In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.”

Galatians 2:16: “Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.”

Galatians 3:6,7: “Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.”

Galatians 3:22: “But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.”

Galatians 3:24: “Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.”

Galatians 3:26: “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.”

Galatians 5:5: “For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.”

Ephesians 1:13: “In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,”

Ephesians 2:8,9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.”

Philippians 3:9: “And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:”

1 Thessalonians 2:13: “For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.”

2 Thessalonians 1:10: “When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.”

1 Timothy 4:10: “For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.”

2 Timothy 3:15: “And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.”

Hebrews 3:18: “And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?”

Hebrews 4:2: “For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.”

Hebrews 4:3a: “For we which have believed do enter into rest…”

1 Peter 1:5: “Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.”

1 Peter 1:9: “Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.”

1 John 5:1a: “Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God…”

1 John 5:4: “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.”

1 John 5:5: “Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?”

1 John 5:10: “He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.”

1 John 5:13: “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”

What happened to baptism? ;)

Last edited:

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sins are forgiven when someone believes and confesses Jesus!

Romans 10 If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

The false progression goes like this.

1. It is only the blood which saves.(Mt 26:28)

2. Only Believe and you will be saved.(Jn 6:28,29)

3. Believe and confess and you will be saved.(Rom.10:9,10)

4. Oh, baptism is a work

Usually it is the same person making all these arguments in the very same discussion.

Truth always harmonizes.(Jn 17:17)

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:21: “For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.”

1 Corinthians 15:1: Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2: “By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.”

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

2 Corinthians 4:3: But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

2 Corinthians 4:4: “In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.”

Galatians 2:16: “Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.”

Galatians 3:6,7: “Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.”

Galatians 3:22: “But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.”

Galatians 3:24: “Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.”

Galatians 3:26: “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.”

Galatians 5:5: “For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.”

Ephesians 1:13: “In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,”

Ephesians 2:8,9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.”

Philippians 3:9: “And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:”

1 Thessalonians 2:13: “For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.”

2 Thessalonians 1:10: “When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.”

1 Timothy 4:10: “For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.”

2 Timothy 3:15: “And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.”

Hebrews 3:18: “And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?”

Hebrews 4:2: “For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.”

Hebrews 4:3a: “For we which have believed do enter into rest…”

1 Peter 1:5: “Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.”

1 Peter 1:9: “Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.”

1 John 5:1a: “Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God…”

1 John 5:4: “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.”

1 John 5:5: “Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?”

1 John 5:10: “He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.”

1 John 5:13: “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”

What happened to baptism? ;)

Yea, you are right there are NO OTHER VERSES WHICH TEACH BAPTISM IN WATER.

(Jn 3:3-5) (Acts 2:38,47 ; 8:5,12,13,26-40 ; 16:30-34)

Reactions: Marymog

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
All we have is the storyline of how urgently they wanted to get baptized as soon as possible.

But no where is baptism and communion defined as works....they are in fact what Christ tells you to do to get to heaven.

Baptism and communion are NOT what Christ tells you to do to get to heaven.
This nonsense is what the Catholic Cult teaches as THEIR way to indoctrinate you into their cult.

Reactions: mailmandan

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This nonsense is what the Catholic Cult teaches as THEIR way to indoctrinate you into their cult.
My patience is really running thin here....Can you read?
Not that I think I can fix stupid....but I can have some fun with it.....
Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; be he that believeth not shall be damned.
Then tell me what Christ said if you do not eat His body and drink His blood.

Reactions: Marymog

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some Protestant “cults” teach the same thing...keeping it real...Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! Those who promote such heresy in this thread are not really listening. They are just waiting for their next chance to speak. :rolleyes:
Who decides what a heretical teaching is?

curios

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea, you are right there are NO OTHER VERSES WHICH TEACH BAPTISM IN WATER.

(Jn 3:3-5) (Acts 2:38,47 ; 8:5,12,13,26-40 ; 16:30-34)
I never said there are no other verses that teach about water baptism, but after properly harmonizing Scripture with Scripture, believers can see that there are no passages of Scripture that unequivocally teach that we are saved through faith and water baptism (immersed in water or condemned).

To the contrary, we see in John 3:18 - He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who (is not water baptized? - NO) does not believe is condemned already, because he has not (been water baptized? - NO) because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

If water baptism is absolutely required for salvation, then why did Jesus not mention it in the following verses? (3:15,16,18; 5:24; 6:29,40,47; 11:25,26). What is the one requirement that Jesus mentions 9 different times in each of these complete statements? *BELIEVES. *What happened to baptism? *Hermeneutics.

Reactions: Candidus

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said there are no other verses that teach about water baptism, but after properly harmonizing Scripture with Scripture, believers can see that there are no passages of Scripture that unequivocally teach that we are saved through faith and water baptism (immersed in water or condemned).

To the contrary, we see in John 3:18 - He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who (is not water baptized? - NO) does not believe is condemned already, because he has not (been water baptized? - NO) because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

If water baptism is absolutely required for salvation, then why did Jesus not mention it in the following verses? (3:15,16,18; 5:24; 6:29,40,47; 11:25,26). What is the one requirement that Jesus mentions 9 different times in each of these complete statements? *BELIEVES. *What happened to baptism? *Hermeneutics.

Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.(Mt. 4:4)

Baptism saves (1Peter 3:20,21) (Mark 16:15,16) (1Peter 1:22,23) (Heb.10:22) (Jn 3:3-5) (Acts 19:1-6)

(Acts 2:38,47 ; 8:5,12,13,26-40 ; 10:48 ; 16:15 ; 16:30-34 ; 18:8 ; 22:16)

Mt 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is so ignorant!
When you speak of a truck.....do you list every component of a truck. Christianity was called the Way, not the sit. The scriptures, which are numerous explain this clearly but your heads just don't get it. Can't fix stupid, proven again!
You do understand, concentrate real hard, I mean use both hands, you cannot come up with a scripture that says water baptism in not necessary. You cannot come up with a scripture that Baptism is not important. You cannot come up with a scripture that indicate that when someone believed that they said that they would get baptized when they got around to it.

And please find a scripture that Christ said eating His body and drinking His blood was optional.

You guys deny the word of God and pick and choose what you want to believe. So in the end Christ will give you what you have earned.

Luke 6:46 “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you?

Matthew 7:21-25
Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness. Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto unto thee, Except a man be born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:22-23
After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized. Can you imagine what it would be like to be baptized under the watchful eye of Christ Himself?

Act 8:26-40
But an angel of the Lord spoke to Philip saying, “Get up and go south to the road that descends from Jerusalem to Gaza.” (This is a desert road.) So he got up and went; and there was an Ethiopian eunuch, a court official of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of all her treasure; and he had come to Jerusalem to worship, and he was returning and sitting in his chariot, and was reading the prophet Isaiah. Then the Spirit said to Philip, “Go up and join this chariot.” Philip ran up and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and said, “Do you understand what you are reading?” And he said, “Well, how could I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. Now the passage of Scripture which he was reading was this: “He was led as a sheep to slaughter; And as a lamb before its shearer is silent, So He does not open His mouth. “In humiliation His judgment was taken away; Who will relate His generation? For His life is removed from the earth.” The eunuch answered Philip and said, “Please tell me, of whom does the prophet say this? Of himself or of someone else?” Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning from this Scripture he preached Jesus to him. As they went along the road they came to some water; and the eunuch said, “Look! Water! What prevents me from being baptized?” And Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus.

Acts 10:47-48 Surely no one can refuse the water for these to be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did, can he?

Acts 22:12-16
“A certain Ananias, a man who was devout by the standard of the Law, and well spoken of by all the Jews who lived there, came to me, and standing near said to me, ‘Brother Saul, receive your sight!’ And at that very time I looked up at him. And he said, ‘The God of our fathers has appointed you to know His will and to see the Righteous One and to hear an utterance from His mouth. For you will be a witness for Him to all men of what you have seen and heard. Now why do you delay? Get up and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on His name.’

Ephesians 5:26 …that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,

1st John 5:6 This is He that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that bearth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

1st John 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; be he that believeth not shall be damned.

Luke 7:30 But the Pharisees and lawyer rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of Him.

Galatians 1:8-9
But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

Acts 8:12
But when they believed Philip preaching the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were being baptized, men and women alike.

Acts 10:48
And he ordered them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to stay on for a few days.

Acts 16:33
And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household.

Acts 18:8
Crispus, the leader of the synagogue, believed in the Lord with all his household, and many of the Corinthians when they heard were believing and being baptized.

Acts 19:5
When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Romans 6:3-7
Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin.

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is not one drop of water in Romans 6. Your version of "teaching correctly" is unbiblical and heresy.
Ro 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

The death of Christ was bloody (Jn 19:34).

Joh 19:34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

Reactions: Joseph77

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.(Mt. 4:4)

Baptism saves (1Peter 3:20,21) (Mark 16:15,16) (1Peter 1:22,23) (Heb.10:22) (Jn 3:3-5) (Acts 19:1-6)

(Acts 2:38,47 ; 8:5,12,13,26-40 ; 10:48 ; 16:15 ; 16:30-34 ; 18:8 ; 22:16)

Mt 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
I already explained your misinterpretation of those passages of Scripture and gave you the proper interpretation of those passages of Scripture in posts #402, #404, #422, #424 and elsewhere, but you have proven over and over again that you are not really hear to listen, but are only interested in your next chance to speak. :rolleyes:

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never mentioned "baptism" concerning Eph 2:9! "Work" yes.

You fall on your own words when you said, "men allow others to do them. Is not the word "do" is work?

Somehow you misquoted me in your post.

Not sure how.

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To PREACH CHRIST one must teach baptism in water and I KNOW THIS b/c of what (ACTS 8:5,12,13,26-40 ;16:30-34 ; 22:16) teaches.

The eunuch only rejoiced after being baptized in water. (Acts 8:26-40)

The jailer was only said to believe after he was baptized. (Acts 16:34)

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You fall on your own words when you said, "men allow others to do them. Is not the word "do" is work?

Are you telling me you were not insinuating that baptism is a work when you posted (Eph.2:9)

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I do not teach baptismal regeneration.

Do you think I am ignorant?