Salvation Through Baptism ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that is the case, why did Peter say on the day of Pentecost, "Repent and be baptized for the remission of sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Peter was NOT speaking of water baptism BECAUSE he knew that water only cleanses the dirt off of the body. Note what he said: "The like figure (flood) whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (NOT THE PUTTING AWAY OF THE FILTH OF THE FLESH, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

BTW, if you didn't know it already the word "baptism" means to wash!

If it has no spiritual value why did Peter say you needed it for the remission of sins?

Peter was NOT speaking of water baptism but the washing of regeneration which only God can (power) perform! (Titus 3:5).

To God Be The Glory

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Mt 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Apparently you don't seem to realize and understand my argument:

If there is forgiveness of sin without the shedding of blood by Jesus Christ, then there was no real need for Jesus to shed His blood.

Tell us then why Jesus have to shed His blood.

Tong
R0810

Reactions: JunChosen

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems you don't understand what I said in my other post, that you go in circles.

Jesus, even from the foundation of the world, in God's perspective, had shed His blood (Rev.13:8). Why Jesus can forgive sins even before the cross testifies to that.

Tong
R0809

That is possible.

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Literal water is tied to baptism as we see in (Acts 8:5,12,13,26-40 ; 16:30-34) (1Peter 3:20,21) (Jn 3:3-5,23) (Col.2:11,12) (Rom.6:3-6).

Reactions: Joseph77

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe (NOT) + Baptism = Saved

Believe + Baptize (NOT) = Saved

Believe + Baptism = Saved - (Mark 16:16)

Which do you teach?

(Rom.16:16)

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Literal water is tied to baptism as we see in (Acts 8:5,12,13,26-40 ; 16:30-34) (1Peter 3:20,21) (Jn 3:3-5,23) (Col.2:11,12) (Rom.6:3-6).
Water baptism has no spiritual value (period)!!!

You're not understanding 1 Peter 3:21! The only washing of sin that is essential for salvation is the washing of regeneration set forth in Titus 3:5.

Any other kinds of water use are rituals, and rituals are "works" of man, therefore contrary to Ephesians 2:9. You are not only going against Scripture, but you are taking the glory away from God that He alone can wash away sins!!!

To God Be The Glory

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You're not understanding 1 Peter 3:21! The only washing of sin that is essential for salvation is the washing of regeneration set forth in Titus 3:5.

Any other kinds of water use are rituals, and rituals are "works" of man, therefore contrary to Ephesians 2:9. You are not only going against Scripture, but you are taking the glory away from God that He alone can wash away sins!!!

To God Be The Glory

OK, is that your words or the Lords?

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To God Be The Glory
WELL, if I am wrong so was the preacher (Philip) in (Acts 8) b/c he no doubt was teaching water baptism for salvation.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Both Titus 3:5 and Ephesians 2:9 are God's words:

"For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." 2 Peter 1:21.

To God Be The Glory

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both Titus 3:5 and Ephesians 2:9 are God's words:

"For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." 2 Peter 1:21.

To God Be The Glory

*(Eph.2:9)

1. Show me where the word of God says BAPTISM IS A WORK?

You have pick out the one and only thing in which men allow others to do to them, and you call it a work.

How is that?

2. (Titus 3:5) actually uses the word "WASHING". (could refer to water)

I find the word "WASH" in Paul's conversion in (Acts 22:16).

I know this is not HS baptism b/c Paul had to GET UP (ARISE) to find water so he could be immersed.

If it was HS baptism he could stay sitting or even be laying down.

But he was told to get up.

Also whatever Paul was WASHED in he was only FORGIVEN OF HIS SINS after being baptized in it.

Which would harmonize perfectly with (Mark 16:16) (1Peter 3:20,21) (1Peter1:22,23) (Jn 3:3-5,23) (Rom.6:3-18).

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While Jesus was walking on earth His blood had not yet been shed.
When He was on the cross His Blood was being shed. The thief was redeemed by the Blood of Jesus! If you reject His Blood atonement you will burn in Hell.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is safe to say we all think it is the blood which saves.

The question is, WHEN does the blood save?

Find WHEN sins are forgiven and we will have our answer. (Acts 22:16)
Sins are forgiven when someone believes and confesses Jesus!

Romans 10 If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither will the single thought that Christ is real.
Romans 10
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Peter was NOT speaking of water baptism BECAUSE he knew that water only cleanses the dirt off of the body. Note what he said: "The like figure (flood) whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (NOT THE PUTTING AWAY OF THE FILTH OF THE FLESH, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Peter was NOT speaking of water baptism but the washing of regeneration which only God can (power) perform! (Titus 3:5).

To God Be The Glory
In the Greek baptism means fully wet. I am a swimmer and I know when I am fully wet.

Reactions: kcnalp

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To God Be The Glory
How can you read the Bible and come up with this nonsense!