Salvation Through Baptism ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that is the case for you, then by all means, get yourself baptized for you to be saved. And perhaps, you go about preaching the gospel of baptism, that baptism saves.

But wait, should you not first believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ?

Tong
R0816

Let's look at this scripture backwards to learn about calling on the name of the Lord.

That is, since we have such a hard time understanding it forwards.

18. Listen to words.

17. Faith comes by hearing the word of God

16. Obey the gospel.

15. Preach the gospel.

14. Call on Him.

13. Call on the Lord and be saved.

12. There is no distinction between Jew and Greek.

11. Believe

10. Believe and confess with your mouth unto salvation.

9. Confess and believe God has raised Him from the dead.

8. Preach the word of faith.

Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 ¶ For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Bible have you read that teaching from?

Acts 8: 35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning at this Scripture, preached Jesus to him. 36 Now as they went down the road, they came to some water. And the eunuch said, “See, here is water. What hinders me from being baptized?

37 Then Philip said, “
If you believe with all your heart, you may.” And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”

Regarding the jailer, the apostles would not had baptized him if he first did not believe, as could be understood in the passage concerning the eunuch.

Tong
R0818

How did the eunuch know about being baptized in water?

(Acts 8) - WATER

Ac 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. 36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? 37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. 39 And when they were come up out of the water,

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is God who is doing the work when I am baptized in water (Col.2:11,12)

No way!!! In fact, when Jesus was on earth HE DID NOT BAPTIZE ANYONE WITH WATER! You are teaching heresy and ignorant of Scripture.

Are sins forgiven before or after HS baptism?

NEITHER! Sins are forgiven to those who are chosen before the foundation of the world.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: mailmandan

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No way!!! In fact, when Jesus was on earth HE DID NOT BAPTIZE ANYONE WITH WATER! You are teaching heresy and ignorant of Scripture.

NEITHER! Sins are forgiven to those who are chosen before the foundation of the world.

To God Be The Glory
Oh Boy! It is the demonic Calvinist!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="Grailhunter, post: 796227, member: 8260"]Absolute non-sense....Belief and Faith in Christ + Repentance + Baptism + Communion....is the "Way" to Heaven because of the Blood of Christ.[/QUOTE]

I noticed throughout your posts that you spell the word "way" with a capital letter. I heard of a church called "The Way" do you belong to such a denomination?

To God Be The Glory

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What instructions?
All of them -
more specifically about making disciples - training/teaching them all that Jesus trained them / taught them - including of course immersion - no exceptions.
So Phillip would have told the eunich if he did not already know,
though it may have already been wide-spread / common/ knowledge ... (I don't know )

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All you had to do was prove me wrong, not by insults! And, you know why, because you cant refute what I've declared with Scripture.

To God Be The Glory
I have already proved you wrong so many time I am getting bored. How many scriptures have I given you and you cannot give me one.

You cannot come up with a scripture that says water baptism in not necessary. You cannot come up with a scripture that Baptism is not important. You cannot come up with a scripture that indicate that when someone believed that they said that they would get baptized when they got around to it.

Either way it does not matter if you are Calvinist.

Reactions: Mr C

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have already proved you wrong so many time I am getting bored. How many scriptures have I given you and you cannot give me one.

You cannot come up with a scripture that says water baptism in not necessary. You cannot come up with a scripture that Baptism is not important. You cannot come up with a scripture that indicate that when someone believed that they said that they would get baptized when they got around to it.

Either way it does not matter if you are Calvinist.

Read all my Posts and weep!

I don't know why you detest Calvin so much, but he is more knowledgeable about the things of God than you and I put together.

Just remember we all have feet of clay.

To God Be The Glory

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To God Be The Glory

Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

God is doing an operation on those who are correctly baptized in water (Acts 2:38,47 ; 8:5,12,13,26-40 ; 16:15 ;16:30-34 ; 22:16)

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why have preachers if you're a Calvinist?

Fire them all.

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was reading in Isaiah 53, that's how.

To God Be The Glory
[/QUOTEs
PS 53 does not mention water.

Acts 8 Does mention water.

Baptism ia a burial in water. (Acts 8:5,12,13,26-40 : 16:30-34 ; 22:16)

The eunuch REJOICED after being baptized IN WATER.

Last edited:

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 8 Does mention water.

Baptism ia a burial in water. (Acts 8:5,12,13,26-40 : 16:30-34 ; 22:16)

The eunuch REJOICED after being baptized IN WATER.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of them -
more specifically about making disciples - training/teaching them all that Jesus trained them / taught them - including of course immersion - no exceptions.
So Phillip would have told the eunich if he did not already know,
though it may have already been wide-spread / common/ knowledge ... (I don't know )
You will never find the word "immersion" concerning water baptism!!! If there is note how both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water to be baptized, then both Philip and the eunuch came up out of the water.

I want you to listen carefully. If both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water to be baptized when did Philip pronounced the words, "I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" seeing both were under the water, immersed? THERE IS NO WAY COULD PHILIP UTTER THOSE WORDS AS BOTH WERE SUBMERGED UNDER WATER! (EISEGESIS?)

To God Be The Glory

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will never find the word "immersion" concerning water baptism!!!
Not if you trust tradition YOU won't......

If you turn to the Father in Heaven, if HE Permits, then He May Reveal the Truth to you and set you free from such deception.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want you to listen carefully. If both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water to be baptized when did Philip pronounced the words, "I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" seeing both were under the water, immersed? THERE IS NO WAY COULD PHILIP UTTER THOSE WORDS AS BOTH WERE SUBMERGED UNDER WATER! (EISEGESIS?)
Thanks for this English gobblygook.
It verifies what is already known - there is no understanding nor truth in your post here.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Belief and Faith in Christ + Repentance + Baptism + Communion....The Way to Heaven....As described by Christ.
Hey, what happened to confession in your line up? Did you forget one? o_O So it's belief and faith in Christ + repentance? In that order? You don't seem to realize that repentance "precedes" belief/faith.

Matthew 21:32 - For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him. *Notice the order.

Mark 1:15 - The time has come,” he said. The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the gospel. *Notice the order.

Acts 20:21 - testifying both to Jews and to Greeks of repentance toward God and of faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. *Notice the order.

*Those who believe the gospel have already repented in the process of changing their mind and choosing to believe the gospel.*

Satan would never obey Christ, why don't you? Satan would deny the Gospel, why do you?
I don't deny the gospel which is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16) By choosing to believe the gospel I have obeyed Christ. You "add" works to the gospel, which is not believing the gospel or obeying Christ. (Galatians 1:6-9)

There are no "works" in the Words of Christ's description of Salvation. Again all in your head.
So no work is involved at all in getting water baptized and taking communion? Yeah right. :rolleyes: You only label something as a "work" when it conveniences you. In Matthew 3:15 when Jesus was water baptized, He said it was fitting to fulfill all righteousness. Water baptism is a work of righteousness and we are not saved by works of righteousness which we have done. (Titus 3:5) Plain and simple.

In Luke 22:19, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me. So no work at all is involved here either? Just a meaningless ceremony to you? No wait, you said the way to heaven is through taking communion. You sound like a mixed up Roman Catholic who teaches transubstantiation. Jesus is the Bread of Life and just as bread nourishes our physical bodies, Jesus gives and sustains eternal life to all believers. In John 6:35, we read - "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst." Jesus is using figurative language to emphasize these spiritual truths. Jesus explains the sense of this passage when He says in John 6:63 - "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life."

The literal interpretation (transubstantiation) literally eating His flesh and drinking blood (cannibalism) is ridiculous! Through faith we partake of Christ, the benefits of His bodily sacrifice on the cross and shed blood, receiving eternal life. Eating and drinking is not literal cannibalism here, but the receiving of God’s grace by believing in Christ for salvation, as Jesus makes clear below:

John 6:40 - Everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:54 - Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:47 - Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.
John 6:58 - He who eats this bread will live forever.

"He who believes" and "he who eats this bread and drinks My blood" ends in the same result, receiving eternal life. Jesus is the Bread of Life; we eat of Him and are satisfied when we believe in Him. Bread represents the "staff of life," sustenance. That which essential to sustain life. Just as bread or sustenance is necessary to maintain physical life, Jesus is all the sustenance necessary for spiritual life. The source of physical life is blood, "life is in the blood." As with bread, blood is the empowering or source of life physically, Jesus is all the source of spiritual life necessary. Praise God! :)

In Ephesians 2:10, we read that we (believers) are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. Now you really believe that does not include water baptism and taking communion? Believers are commanded to do both, yet you say they are not works. I guess they are just nothing. Talk about confused!

You cannot find scriptures that call Repentance, Baptism, and Communion as works....not from Christ or the Apostles.
Repentance is a change of mind which precedes saving belief/faith in Christ, so it's not a work for salvation. Receiving water baptism is a work done in righteousness for believers, unless you are an unbeliever when you received water baptism, which would make it a work done in unrighteousness. Neither Christ nor the Apostles needed to go down the line and specifically label everything that is a work as a work in order to figure out what works are. Good grief! Where is your common sense?

You keep coming up with beliefs that more than non-biblical, they are Anti-Christ....Anti-Gospel.
You are the master of IRONY. :rolleyes: