Same Sex Marriage Bill

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Homosexuality is a mental illness there is no cure for it just as there is no cure for pedophiles or rapists and murderers.

It states in the Bible on how these types of people should be handled, God’s word not mine, but I believe and love God so I follow his word
Only through repentance and abstinence can one be forgiven by God for such heinous crimes, and some are just too heinous to forgive even by God.
The only sin not forgiven is blasphemy of the holy spirit.

As for the rest, that's some bush you're beating around.:) If you think it why can't you say it?

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only sin not forgiven is blasphemy of the holy spirit.

As for the rest, that's some bush you're beating around.:) If you think it why can't you say it?
I did say it, you don’t know how to read and want me to say something you can misconstrue and twist to your liking, but I’m not falling for it, if you haven’t read the good book, or have some new liberal version of it, the problem is yours not mine.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Practicing homosexuals, them who identify as homosexuals do not inherit the kingdom of God, meaning they are not saved.
My view is that they were never converted. They can of course be converted and saved.
Paul warns in the scriptures about this saying do not be decieved.

1 Corinthians 6
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

Reactions: JohnPaul

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Practicing homosexuals, them who identify as homosexuals do not inherit the kingdom of God, meaning they are not saved.
My view is that they were never converted. They can of course be converted and saved.

1 Corinthians 6
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
Amen, brother you have eyes that can see!

Reactions: Scott Downey

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

1 Corinthians 6
But that's not what the one here is talking about.
He's OT. And thinks they should be killed. But he's not convicted enough to say it.

In truth that's not NT. So don't take the amen,you have the eyes to see comment to heart when they don't.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But that's not what the one here is talking about.
He's OT. And thinks they should be killed. But he's not convicted enough to say it.

In truth that's not NT. So don't take the amen,you have the eyes to see comment to heart when they don't.
People like that though are doomed to destruction, as are all the unsaved, but some dooms are more certain. Such people are hardened in their sin. God will take them out in His time frame, one way or another. Only God can grant to them repentance. Even their tears wont work, Hebrews 12, 16 lest there be any fornicator or profane person like Esau, who for one morsel of food sold his birthright. 17 For you know that afterward, when he wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought it diligently with tears.

I viewed AIDS also as a judgement against them. The other thing is they don't stop their evil ways, even when the angels blinded the sodomites, they kept on looking for the door into Lot's house, they do not repent unless God helps them to understand. And we read GOD gives them over in Romans 1, so then no help coming from God unless God wills it on an individual calling basis.
It really is a miracle of God when people repent and believe in Christ and follow Him with their whole heart.

Genesis 10
10 But the men (angels in the form of men) reached out their hands and pulled Lot into the house with them, and shut the door. 11 And they struck the men who were at the doorway of the house with blindness, both small and great, so that they became weary trying to find the door.

Sodom and Gomorrah Destroyed
12 Then the men said to Lot, “Have you anyone else here? Son-in-law, your sons, your daughters, and whomever you have in the city—take them out of this place!

It was the entire town, all the menfolk who came to sexually abuse Lot's guests.
4 Now before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both old and young, all the people from every quarter, surrounded the house. 5 And they called to Lot and said to him, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may know them carnally.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People like that though are doomed to destruction, as are all the unsaved, but some dooms are more certain. Such people are hardened in their sin. God will take them out in His time frame, one way or another. Only God can grant to them repentance. Even their tears wont work, Hebrews 12, 16 lest there be any fornicator or profane person like Esau, who for one morsel of food sold his birthright. 17 For you know that afterward, when he wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought it diligently with tears.

I viewed AIDS also as a judgement against them. The other thing is they don't stop their evil ways, even when the angels blinded the sodomites, they kept on looking for the door into Lot's house, they do not repent unless God helps them to understand. And we read GOD gives them over in Romans 1, so then no help coming from God unless God wills it on an individual calling basis.
It really is a miracle of God when people repent and believe in Christ and follow Him with their whole heart.

Genesis 10
10 But the men (angels in the form of men) reached out their hands and pulled Lot into the house with them, and shut the door. 11 And they struck the men who were at the doorway of the house with blindness, both small and great, so that they became weary trying to find the door.

12 Then the men said to Lot, “Have you anyone else here? Son-in-law, your sons, your daughters, and whomever you have in the city—take them out of this place!

It was the entire town, all the menfolk who came to sexually abuse Lot's guests.
4 Now before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both old and young, all the people from every quarter, surrounded the house. 5 And they called to Lot and said to him, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may know them carnally.
Keep preaching brother, for you know the word of God and aren’t swept up like the rest who wish to kid themselves. God bless you my friend!

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Genesis 10

You know that AIDS/HIV is non-discriminatory?
It isn't nor was it in the beginning exclusive to gays.

Furthermore , given newborns are born with HIV to straight parents, I think it important to not make God out to be Satanic when claiming HIV/AIDS is his creation to punish all people who do suffer HIV/AIDS.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You know that AIDS/HIV is non-discriminatory?
It isn't nor was it in the beginning exclusive to gays.

Furthermore , given newborns are born with HIV to straight parents, I think it important to not make God out to be Satanic when claiming HIV/AIDS is his creation to punish all people who do suffer HIV/AIDS.
Innocents do suffer for the sins of the wicked. In the OT, God judged nations and all the people in that country died or suffered regardless. Was God Satanic?

Don't think as if God is personally overseeing destruction of them all, things, consequences get set into motions, and that affects all. How about the innocent babies in Sodom when the LORD overthrew the cities of the plain. There must have been young children destroyed by the fire and brimstone.

Genesis 19:23-25
New King James Version

23 The sun had risen upon the earth when Lot entered Zoar. 24 Then the Lord rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the Lord out of the heavens. 25 So He overthrew those cities, all the plain, all the inhabitants of the cities, and what grew on the ground.

Last edited:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have no problem with God doing whatever God does. God has knowledge of all things, past, present, future and everything God does is altogether righteous.
Unless God intervenes in our lives to save us, then this,
29 And as Isaiah said before:

“Unless the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed,
We would have become like Sodom,
And we would have been made like Gomorrah.”

Meaning as in a total destruction from the LORD for unforgiven sins, that is what happened to Sodom and surrounding cities. Their time was ripe for judgement.
Surely God though endured with much longsuffering their evil ways and doings for a time.

Romans 9
22 What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory, 24 even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25 As He says also in Hosea:

“I will call them My people, who were not My people,
And her beloved, who was not beloved.”
26 “And it shall come to pass in the place where it was said to them,
‘You are not My people,’
There they shall be called sons of the living God.”

27 Isaiah also cries out concerning Israel:

“Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea,
The remnant will be saved.

28 For He will finish the work and cut it short in righteousness,
Because the Lord will make a short work upon the earth.”

29 And as Isaiah said before:

“Unless the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed,
We would have become like Sodom,
And we would have been made like Gomorrah.”

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A very important point to comprehend is this earthly life is not the only life and death there is.
There is a life and a death to come. An eternal life and a second death.
All people are resurrected, some to the resurrection of life and some to the resurrection of condemnation.

John 5:28-30
New King James Version

28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice

29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.

30 I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Innocents do suffer for the sins of the wicked. In the OT, God judged nations and all the people in that country died or suffered regardless. Was God Satanic?

Don't think as if God is personally overseeing destruction of them all, things, consequences get set into motions, and that affects all. How about the innocent babies in Sodom when the LORD overthrew the cities of the plain. There must have been young children destroyed by the fire and brimstone.

Genesis 19:23-25
New King James Version

23 The sun had risen upon the earth when Lot entered Zoar. 24 Then the Lord rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the Lord out of the heavens. 25 So He overthrew those cities, all the plain, all the inhabitants of the cities, and what grew on the ground.
Ah, but God said we are all responsible for our own sins. The sins of the father do not pass to the son.

Angel Faith

Nov 17, 2022
Left Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I long ago arrived at the conclusion it's the appearance of doing something for America and our people that is priority. Not actually doing something.

Until the majority of Americans, working class and poor, can afford to buy a Congress person, we'll always be sold out to the highest bidder.

Term limits for all 3 branches was not so common sense at the start of this country.

Thank God George Washington made limits to the Executive branch possible or we'd be worse off than now.