Sanctification is not a Process

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear this as an admission on your part more than an accusation.

I take your rant as more of an admission of guilt than an accusation.

What insolence!

who has claimed they are as righteous as God?

Yes.

Much love!
Episkopos is proving to be quite the miracle worker, uniting me, @marks, @Enoch111, @Eternally Grateful, etc.
@Enoch111 often lurks through my threads
<sigh> your ungracious digs reveal the Spirit animating you.

Reactions: mailmandan

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I'm wondering if any here see grace as a process...or the gifts of the Spirit?

Of course, maturity is a process. Purity, on the other hand is NOT a process...it is a gift of God. God is able to cleanse us from sin and empower us to walk in all His commandments. And He does this by "rapturing" us into the kingdom realm of the Spirit.

Do I really need to ask if rapturing (or translating someone from one place to another) is a process?

I think it is the thinking process that is so faulty...certainly in trying to understand the deeper things of God.
Written like a true Pentecostal with absolutely no understanding of that which he writes....or the logic of his own words.

Pentecostals are more concerned about the gifts of the spirit than of giving anything of themselves.

Its all about the church circus attitude. The rapture is a figment of your imagination - actually a Roman Catholic variation on the eschatological theme presented in the book of Daniel & Revelation. You probably have no idea what I mean by that, but it doesn't matter. You couldn't 'get it' if I explained it.

One is saved during their life on earth. Death is the end of everything natural and one is not perfected by it. What is perfection anyway? Please don't parrot scripture here. Just answer in your own words. (I know you won't even try, but I had to ask.)

One thing you wrote is true. The thinking process is indeed faulty. Nobody gives a damn about God. The 'deep things of God' to them are just another dog and pony show on Sunday morning. They have absolutely NO desire to understand anything. They only parrot scripture verses as though they were religious slogans or churchy buzz words. "Polly want a cracker? Polly want a verse?"

If a man can't understand the Bible he interprets it.

That's what Pentecostals and most post-modern church types do.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that all you have to contribute to the thread? No weighty commentary? Maybe you are still processing the subject matter?
Let's get serious, then. If you turn to ad hominems I won't play along. So if you are serious, don't do that.

Romans 6:3-7 KJV
3) Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7) For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Who are those who are "baptized into Jesus Christ"? Is this the same thing as being "reborn", like in John ch. 3?

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Enoch111 often lurks through my threads...to take shots at me...which only reveals his own religiosity.

maybe you can summon him here to enlighten you???

Maybe he's changed his tune?

maybe he's ashamed of his own words? it;s hard to tell with those who have turned away from honesty and any righteousness at all.
Found one of Enoch's posts It post 1224 on page 62.."What does it mean to be born again?

It reads as follows...

We are reckoned -- or deemed -- to be as righteous as God. And there is plain Scripture to support that: Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned* to Abraham for righteousness. How was it then reckoned*? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision. (Romans 4:9,10)

*Strong's Concordance
logizomai: to reckon, to consider
Original Word: λογίζομαι
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: logizomai
Phonetic Spelling: (log-id'-zom-ahee)
Definition: to reckon, to consider
Usage: I reckon, count, charge with; reason, decide, conclude; think, suppose.

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 3049: λογίζομαι
a. to take into account, to make account of: τί τίνι, Romans 4:3,(4); metaphorically, to pass to one's account, to impute (A. V. reckon): τί, 1 Corinthians 13:5; τίνι τί, 2 Timothy 4:16 (A. V. lay to one's charge); τίνι διακιοσυνην, ἁμαρτίαν, Romans 4:6,(8 (yet here L marginal reading T Tr WH text read οὗ)); τά παραπτώματα, 2 Corinthians 5:19; in imitation of the Hebrew לְ נֶחֱשַׁב, λογίζεται τί (or τίς) εἰς τί (equivalent to εἰς τό or ὥστε εἶναι τί), "a thing is reckoned as or to be something, i. e. as availing for or equivalent to something, as having the like force and weight" (cf. Fritzsche on Romans, vol. i., p. 137; (cf. Winers Grammar, § 29, 3 Note a.; 228 (214); Buttmann, § 131, 7 Rem.)): Romans 2:26; Romans 9:8; εἰς οὐδέν, Acts 19:27; Isaiah 40:17; Daniel ((Theod. ὡς)) ; Wis. 3:17 Wis. 9:6; ἡ πίστις εἰς δικαιοσύνην, Romans 4:3, 5, 9-11, 22f, 24; Galatians 3:6; James 2:23; Genesis 15:6; Psalm 105:31 (); 1 Macc. 2:52

Thus the word "impute" is used for reckon or count. All the children of God have the righteousness of Christ imputed to them. This is the spiritual "fine linen, clean and white" without which no one can enter Heaven.

Reactions: marks

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Found one of Enoch's posts It post 1224 on page 62.."What does it mean to be born again?

It reads as follows...

We are reckoned -- or deemed -- to be as righteous as God. And there is plain Scripture to support that: Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned* to Abraham for righteousness. How was it then reckoned*? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision. (Romans 4:9,10)

*Strong's Concordance

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
a. to take into account, to make account of: τί τίνι, Romans 4:3,(4); metaphorically, to pass to one's account, to impute (A. V. reckon): τί, 1 Corinthians 13:5; τίνι τί, 2 Timothy 4:16 (A. V. lay to one's charge); τίνι διακιοσυνην, ἁμαρτίαν, Romans 4:6,(8 (yet here L marginal reading T Tr WH text read οὗ)); τά παραπτώματα, 2 Corinthians 5:19; in imitation of the Hebrew לְ נֶחֱשַׁב, λογίζεται τί (or τίς) εἰς τί (equivalent to εἰς τό or ὥστε εἶναι τί), "a thing is reckoned as or to be something, i. e. as availing for or equivalent to something, as having the like force and weight" (cf. Fritzsche on Romans, vol. i., p. 137; (cf. Winers Grammar, § 29, 3 Note a.; 228 (214); Buttmann, § 131, 7 Rem.)): Romans 2:26; Romans 9:8; εἰς οὐδέν, Acts 19:27; Isaiah 40:17; Daniel ((Theod. ὡς)) ; Wis. 3:17 Wis. 9:6; ἡ πίστις εἰς δικαιοσύνην, Romans 4:3, 5, 9-11, 22f, 24; Galatians 3:6; James 2:23; Genesis 15:6; Psalm 105:31 (); 1 Macc. 2:52

Thus the word "impute" is used for reckon or count. All the children of God have the righteousness of Christ imputed to them. This is the spiritual "fine linen, clean and white" without which no one can enter Heaven.
Yes, I remember that post. Marks hit “like” on it.

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And here it is again @Enoch111 responding to my post... from post# 1336 on page 69 .."What does it mean to be born again"

That Abraham was imputed with God's righteousness. That error is championed by @Enoch111 who claims to be as righteous as God Himself.
If you can't believe this from the Word of God, then you have not believed God and Christ. Which is a SERIOUS PROBLEM for you.

For those who wish to ignore Episkopos and go strictly by the Word of God, here is the truth (below) which refutes all false teachings. Kindly read and study this extensive passage carefully, and pay no heed to false teachers (like SBG does).

Please note that justification by faith leads to imputed righteousness. The same as the righteousness imputed to Abraham.

GALATIANS 3: GOD WOULD JUSTIFY THE HEATHEN THROUGH FAITH
3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, I remember that post. Marks hit “like” on it.
Of course...like a coward hiding behind the bully shaking his fist. But watch how all the crows fly away not responding to my efforts to show that I'm not lying. If they can't slander...they slink away...or fly off to find other carrion.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And here it is again @Enoch111 responding to my post... from post# 1336 on page 69 .."What does it mean to be born again"

If you can't believe this from the Word of God, then you have not believed God and Christ. Which is a SERIOUS PROBLEM for you.

For those who wish to ignore Episkopos and go strictly by the Word of God, here is the truth (below) which refutes all false teachings. Kindly read and study this extensive passage carefully, and pay no heed to false teachers (like SBG does).

Please note that justification by faith leads to imputed righteousness. The same as the righteousness imputed to Abraham.

GALATIANS 3: GOD WOULD JUSTIFY THE HEATHEN THROUGH FAITH
3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
And lizbeth, marks and EG hit “like” on this one. I just checked.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Id rather have a man oppose out loud than one who slinks around looking for coats to hold.
That's the "much love" hypocrisy. He won't attack personally...just puts a "like" on whoever is slandering and doing the ugliness. Then when confronted he calls that "ugliness."

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It reads as follows...

*Strong's Concordance

Thayer's Greek Lexicon

He did not say he WAS as righteous as God.

He said we are RECKONED or DEEMED (seen as) being as righteous of God. Because we have Gods rightiousness imputed to us like abraham did.

You need to learn how to discern words. And not just pull out what you want to see.