Sanctification is not a Process

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother hits the mark with this post.
And brother is spotted. Let the Lord be praised.
Let’s be of the group that took the oil and know the Lord Jesus.
yet most might think i was a judgmental hater .
Well , i challenge all to read the very last words JESUS ever said to the five foolish virgins .
Lets give an A B and C choice .
Was it A , you finally woke up and made it . I knew you could just like daddy father knew .
Was it B . Oh you were always mine , you just needed a wakeup call , no one is perfect
COME ON IN
or was it C . I NEVER KNEW YOU .
Most folks think this brother as a hater who knows not doctrine or GOD . But i am telling us
ITS MOST Folks who are not learning GOD for themselves , JESUS For themselves and aint in the bible for THEMSELVES .
JESUS NEVER KNEW THOSE FOOLISH VIRGINS and to say so IS A FAT LIE . I am DONE with false doctrine PEROID .
I am here now for one purpose . TO SERVE CHRIST NO MATTER THE COST and to POINT OTHERS TO THAT SAME JESUS .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
yet most might think i was a judgmental hater .
Well , i challenge all to read the very last words JESUS ever said to the five foolish virgins .
Lets give an A B and C choice .
Was it A , you finally woke up and made it . I knew you could just like daddy father knew .
Was it B . Oh you were always mine , you just needed a wakeup call , no one is perfect
COME ON IN
or was it C . I NEVER KNEW YOU .
Most folks think this brother as a hater who knows not doctrine or GOD . But i am telling us
ITS MOST Folks who are not learning GOD for themselves , JESUS For themselves and aint in the bible for THEMSELVES .
JESUS NEVER KNEW THOSE FOOLISH VIRGINS and to say so IS A FAT LIE . I am DONE with false doctrine PEROID .
I am here now for one purpose . TO SERVE CHRIST NO MATTER THE COST and to POINT OTHERS TO THAT SAME JESUS .
“Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭25‬:‭1‬-‭13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not understanding that the fruit is an everlasting fruit. In all your posts you vastly underestimate what is at stake. I can only explain so far...then you have to seek the Lord for guidance.
You dont understand what fruit is at all.. Fruit is produced by being attached to the vine. And ONLY believers can produce it.
If you do not produce fruit. You have done no work. And according to James your faith is dead.

Thats what the first three represent.

I am amazed you talk about the power of God. Yet over and over, The power of God has no meaning to you. People are not changed, they produce n fruit. Yet they were washed, sanctified and justified?

The one who gets offended at persecution...is a carnal believer....one who reacts in the flesh. Read all the carnal reactions here...MANY MANY are the ones who get offended at the truth. It is seen as persecution....you yourself say you are under attack (that's the flesh reacting)...and as they once received the good news with joy...but then their joy waxes cold and they live from their carnal selves the rest of the way.
Who is offended by you? I have not seen anyone. Now I see many (especially your email friend) get offended when you are allegedly persecuted and react in the flesh. I have even seen yourself do that..
The ones who love their families TOO MUCH....are not worthy of the kingdom...but they are the righteous ones who care for the things of this world...feeding the hungry...etc. But it is still limited to the temporal level of consciousness...and never becomes eternal.
No, their righteousness would be what God calls bloody rags, Because their righteous was human righteousness, Self motivated from the flesh. And not produced by God in the spirit.

Then there are those who are translated into the perfect kingdom walk in order to bear fruit for different lengths of time.
The only people who walk in the kingdom are people wh have been born into the kingdom. Sadly many think they are in the kingdom. Yet have never met Christ. Even though they claim to know him. No different than the jew who claimed they knew God, but when Gods son came and he told them the truth they rejected him and had him killed
I have actual faith...that God can tranform people into saints who walk without ANY sin...by walking in resurrection life. You have to see how you are speaking about yourself. I'm amazed at your blindness to this.
You have faith? Well yes, In yourself. What about your faiht in God. Can God change his own children? Or is God limited. And saves people who never do anythign for him>

Who walks without sin? The only one who did this is christ my friend. If we (john included himself) say we are without sin (present tense) we are decieved. Even paul spoke of the war between the flesh and the spirit. Are you saying people walk this earth today and have achieved what neither of these two great apostles did?
You met Abraham? Abraham did not walk in the righteousness of Christ. He was a righteous man who believed God could do what He said. He is the father of many nations...not the few as Jesus is.
I met him through Gods word

He believed god and God ACCOUNTED to him righteousness. Not hs own righteous. Abraham was not righteous. He laughed at God Through fear he said his wife was his sister. He commited adultry with his servant and his children have suffered the war between those two brothers ever since.

You have a very short memory...
Nah, I just know the truth, anyone who disagrees with you is attacking you. You And your disciples say this all the time
Now you say I'm attacking you? Do you have a guilt complex...or something?
You still have not answered my questions or response.

I am just stating a fact. When you refuse to answer and try to blame shift and accuse someone else. What else do you call it?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is offended by you? I have not seen anyone
That’s amaaaazing….
Abraham was not righteous.
From the horses own mouth.
Nah, I just know the truth, anyone who disagrees with you is attacking you.
Nope. It’s only those who attack him Who are attacking him.
And some do so because they are spitting mad. They try to hide it but it leaks out.
You will spill whatever you are carrying when someone bumps into you.

Reactions: Episkopos

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I disagree with this idea of a level playing field because it doesn't take into account what God is doing. If Christianity was only a theoretical idea from men...then you would have a point. We can all add in our ideas equally and contribute to the smorgasbord of concepts.

I'm for equal sharing...but not equal weight of sharing.

There is such a thing as authority, greater experience, understanding, wisdom, revelation..etc

I think you have a defense mechanism that you work through which I have identified for you again and again as the outer man. That outer man wants a say...wants to be accepted, saved, recognized. But the whole of God's counsel is against putting any confidence in the flesh.

Naturally, you don't see how the subtlety of the flesh creeps into your posts...not many will...since they themselves are also trying to do the same thing.

that's why spiritual authority is needed. Otherwise we are just building Babylon together...everyone doing their little bit.

What I'm teaching is actual truth...based on actual power and experience. You are free, of course, to challenge that...as you have done. And you have some points down...which you attribute to me being right...because you agree with it.

But I assure you that I'm speaking the truth even when you don't agree with me. What I don't know, I will admit to. We only know in part. But what is important to know I share...as the Lord has helped me to know.
I never said everyone had equal authority or that what they share is equal in weightiness, where did you get that idea.

And are you saying that you wouldn't receive truth from the mouth of a babe, or a donkey or even a raven that God may send for the purpose, because they don't carry enough authority?

My defense mechanism is the word of God and discernment. When someone says something directly opposite to what the word of God says, it signals to me that something is FALSE.

The bible says if we think we know, we do not yet know as we ought.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My defense mechanism is the word of God and discernment. When someone says something directly opposite to what the word of God says, it signals to me that something is FALSE.
Good for you. There is a lot of false teaching being presented on this an other forums. Christians need discernment, and Christians also need to REJECT heretics (as stated in the Bible).

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Amen! This is descriptive of the righteous (believers) who have been washed, sanctified and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God. In CONTRAST with the unrighteous (unbelievers) who have not been washed, sanctified and justified and their sins remain - fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, homosexuals, sodomites, thieves, covetous, drunkards, revilers, extortioners will not inherit the kingdom of God. The unrighteous (unbelievers) continue to practice such sins. (Galatians 5:19-21)
Among those presumed to be righteous, washed, sanctified, were some who were still involved in sexual immorality. So Paul's statement about the Corinthian church being sanctified doesn't ring true if one takes the idea that it's an accomplished and completed event. Methinks God still had a lot of work to do.

Reactions: marks

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Among those presumed to be righteous, washed, sanctified, were some who were still involved in sexual immorality. So Paul's statement about the Corinthian church being sanctified doesn't ring true if one takes the idea that it's an accomplished and completed event. Methinks God still had a lot of work to do.
Actually we need to see things from GOD'S PERSPECTIVE in this matter. Was it Paul who was originating these ideas or was it God the Holy Spirit giving Paul -- via divine inspiration --the words he wrote down?

It is God who sees that the person who is in Christ is justified, righteous, washed, and sanctified. God (in His divine foreknowledge) even sees that person as glorified! THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF THE GRACE OF GOD AND THE FINISHED WORK OF CHRIST.

At the same time, the one who has been justified has also been commanded thus by God "Be ye holy for I am Holy". Therefore we have this passage: For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. (Titus 2:11-14)

Reactions: marks and Lizbeth

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God created human beings to be like him, and to be like him is to be Christ like, and that is only produced through a believers who abides in Him, and He in them. Because Jesus is the very expressed image of God and to be conformed to the Lord, is to be express from within by the spirit given by the Father, through the Lord Jesus. To allow God work in your heart and mind towards his will, and love God first and to love others now today is what is achieved by allowing faith to reside in one’s life seeking seeking out for God.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually we need to see things from GOD'S PERSPECTIVE in this matter. Was it Paul who was originating these ideas or was it God the Holy Spirit giving Paul -- via divine inspiration --the words he wrote down?

It is God who sees that the person who is in Christ is justified, righteous, washed, and sanctified. God (in His divine foreknowledge) even sees that person as glorified! THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF THE GRACE OF GOD AND THE FINISHED WORK OF CHRIST.

At the same time, the one who has been justified has also been commanded thus by God "Be ye holy for I am Holy". Therefore we have this passage: For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. (Titus 2:11-14)
Religious psycho-babble. And a curious mix of both cynicism and naivete. Later in his life Paul attested to the fact that all had abandoned him...not caring for the things from Christ. So the monkeys took charge of the Zoo...even back then. The flesh is still the flesh.

Only a very evil religious scheme justifies the flesh and sin. You have no understanding whatsoever of the gospel...for all your judgmental bluster.

God's perspective? Maybe the god of this world....not the All Seeing, and ALL Knowing God. Maybe religious imposters...but not humble servants of God.

A LOT of very noisy clanging cymbals here....nothing to see....moving on...

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
These WERE sanctified at the outset...but then returned to their filthy state. A gift of purity as a sample at regeneration can only be sustained by maturity. Most will depend on the free samples and NEVER pay the price for a full measure of grace. It's quite different to experience something and to make it your own.

The Israelites were sovereingnly saved from Egypt...but then most turned their backs on the Lord when the going got real.

It isn't for nothing that it is called the race of faith.

We are NOT better than the Jews who went before us. We need to repent...be broken, surrender to God's will, and walk by faith. Otherwise we too will become religious, cynical, unbelieving and rebellious.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Satan WAS defeated at the cross. And Jesus said "It is finished." Yet, we still see Satan prowling around like a roaring lion causing havoc. We need to see with the eyes of faith, not by sight. Things that were accomplished through the death and resurrection of Jesus are still in process of being enforced on earth so to speak. That is the battle and good fight of faith that we are engaged in.

2Pe 1:9

But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

Heb 2:8

Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

Reactions: marks

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Satan WAS defeated at the cross. And Jesus said "It is finished." Yet, we still see Satan prowling around like a roaring lion causing havoc.

Many religious spirits have gone into the world...so that if possible even the elect would be deceived. But many who are not the elect...have fallen for the Great Delusion and hate for the truth to be preached or taught.

We need to see with the eyes of faith, not by sight.

This is backward. We need to WALK by faith....but see things as they are.
Things that were accomplished through the death and resurrection of Jesus are still in process of being enforced on earth so to speak.

Not enforced...offered. But few are interested, instead relying on whatever religious spirit is willing to puff up the outer man ego...now become religious and making all kinds of outrageous claims.
That is the battle and good fight of faith that we are engaged in.

But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.
...not yet.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Examine these two things. Really examine them.
It's very simple when the Holy Spirit simply illuminates His word, when our trust is in Him and not in man. One doesn't need to go down a deceitful rabbit hole and tortuous labyrinth of the carnal mind of someone else's thinking, which always leads astray. "Did God really say....?"

For example, did Jesus only have to die for those who do very wicked things, or did He die for all. Do "nice" people still need to repent or only those who do really wicked things. No need to preach the gospel to people who appear outwardly to be fairly "good" and have good manners? Wrong. God doesn't judge superficially like we do. "If ye have not the Son, ye have not the Father either."

The bible says the heart is deceitfully wicked, who can know it? Only God knows the SECRETS of everyone's HEARTS. We better trust that God sees and knows things we don't. Who do we think we are to go around calling some lost souls righteous when God calls everyone a sinner. Regardless of whether anyone goes around robbing banks and killing people or just live a quiet life. Sin is not just what people "do", it's what we all "are" without Christ. Hopelessly tainted and entangled with iniquity...it is bound up in every heart that doesn't know Christ. Jesus is the only answer for sin and iniquity and without Him every person is still in their sins and will face the wrath of God.

The most deceitful thing is that Lucifer was trying to outdo God in righteousness. Subtly accusing God of not being righteous enough in other words. There are two ways we can err, one is to fall short of the glory, the other is to try and exceed His glory (as if that were possible - - it is deception). The way that seemeth right to man leads to death. We better trust what God says, not man, not what seemeth right to us. Bring every thought captive to the obedience of Christ...do not go beyond what is written.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Satan WAS defeated at the cross. And Jesus said "It is finished." Yet, we still see Satan prowling around like a roaring lion causing havoc. We need to see with the eyes of faith, not by sight. Things that were accomplished through the death and resurrection of Jesus are still in process of being enforced on earth so to speak. That is the battle and good fight of faith that we are engaged in.

The victory dance is taught by evangelicals in their churches but is NOT valid. It's nothing more than a religious buzz word that secular society doesn't understand or respect.

The phrase and word isn't precisely valid because victory over the circumstances of life is fleeting. It comes and goes with each new difficulty. But in each of these Christ is our helper BY FAITH. The battle does not end for the living until life itself ends. This is called sanctification and is an ongoing process (Read Romans chapters 6, 7 & 8).

What is meant at the cross when Jesus said "it is finished" is the sacrificial work required for redemption of man, for atonement for SIN. The sacrifice was completed, fulfilled and finished at the cross. The WORK of redemption in the life of the believer begins, not ends, there.

The blood is for God. The cross is for us.

Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. (Luke 9:23)

Notice the Lord is quoted here as telling us to 'take up our cross DAILY'. This means that discipleship in Christ and the battle for holiness (separation unto God) is a daily activity, an on-going process, a sanctification or separation of the person unto God for God's purposes - not our own.

Jesus' provision for the punishment (death) of SIN was FINISHED at the cross. It remains for us to crucify ourselves as a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1) unto God who alone can raise us from our carnal (fleshy) nature and from the ravages of SIN and death.

Hope this helps.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Reactions: Brakelite

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Many religious spirits have gone into the world...so that if possible even the elect would be deceived. But many who are not the elect...have fallen for the Great Delusion and hate for the truth to be preached or taught.
What you are saying is that the gospel is the strong delusion. I'm afraid you are the one who is deceived and deceiving others. It's sad, I don't like to see anyone going down the wrong path.

This is backward. We need to WALK by faith....but see things as they are.
So you disagree with God who says to walk by faith, not by sight. Faith that is the substance of things not seen.

Not enforced...offered. But few are interested, instead relying on whatever religious spirit is willing to puff up the outer man ego...now become religious and making all kinds of outrageous claims.
It's a manner of speaking, as I think you well know but are choosing to be disingenuous. Jesus delegated His AUTHORITY to His church....to cast out devils, heal the sick, reach souls with the gospel, tread on snakes and scorpions, tear down strongholds. Did Jesus go around politely asking devils if they wanted to leave or did He ORDER them to go?

...not yet.
Who should we believe, Jesus or you?

• Love
Reactions: Keturah and marks

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you are saying is that the gospel is the strong delusion. I'm afraid you are the one who is deceived and deceiving others. It's sad, I don't like to see anyone going down the wrong path.

So you disagree with God who says to walk by faith, not by sight. Faith that is the substance of things not seen.

It's a manner of speaking, as I think you well know but are choosing to be disingenuous. Jesus delegated His AUTHORITY to His church....to cast out devils, heal the sick, reach souls with the gospel, tread on snakes and scorpions, tear down strongholds. Did Jesus go around politely asking devils if they wanted to leave or did He ORDER them to go?

Who should we believe, Jesus or you?
Here you have said he is deceived and deceiving others and that he is disingenuous.
Thats exactly how I see YOU…