Sanctification is not a Process

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What you are saying is that the gospel is the strong delusion.

The religious gospel that justifies the flesh...that is strong delusion...as it attracts religious people and people to become religious.
I'm afraid you are the one who is deceived and deceiving others.
I hear this as an admission on your part more than an accusation.

It's sad, I don't like to see anyone going down the wrong path.

I hate the very idea of it. I have committed to writing, doing podcasts and such to that end...breaking through the religious barriers to save people.
So you disagree with God who says to walk by faith, not by sight.
That's what I said...you said...to SEE by faith. I said...to WALK by faith. You are clever and devious...

To SEE by faith is to make-believe. Like seeing things that aren't there as if they are there. That's one of your specialties. Look...there goes a UFO! ...

Faith that is the substance of things not seen.

Faith sees what others don't see...but its for real not pretend or wishful thinking. Who saw what Stephen saw? How did he see? faith opens up into the eternal consciousness...the eternal realm.
It's a manner of speaking, as I think you well know but are choosing to be disingenuous. Jesus delegated His AUTHORITY to His church....to cast out devils, heal the sick, reach souls with the gospel, tread on snakes and scorpions, tear down strongholds. Did Jesus go around politely asking devils if they wanted to leave or did He ORDER them to go?
Are you saying Jesus commands people to be saved? What denomination are you?

Who should we believe, Jesus or you?
Both...I testify of Jesus and am not ashamed of His words. Many here think I'm crazy to repeat word for word what Jesus said. That's because Jesus's words are only preached selectively. Why? To not offend religious flesh. Jesus offended religious flesh to the degree where He was hated and put to death.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since I have never justified the flesh and sin you are also a SHAMELESS LIAR. And since you are blind to Gospel truth, it is "psycho-babble" to you. But to genuine Christians it is God's truth.
I take your rant as more of an admission of guilt than an accusation. Since you are not able to see the upside down perspective of the kingdom.

Seek God and stop being satisfied with religious ideology...which cannot save you.

Imagine the audacity of a person who has openly claimed to be as righteous as God ...telling me I'm the shameless liar. :rolleyes:

Reactions: faithfulness

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.” (2 Peter 2:11)

Reactions: Episkopos

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.” (Jude 1:9-10)

Reactions: Episkopos

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take your rant as more of an admission of guilt than an accusation. Since you are not able to see the upside down perspective of the kingdom.

Seek God and stop being satisfied with religious ideology...which cannot save you.

Imagine the audacity of a person who has openly claimed to be as righteous as God ...telling me I'm the shameless liar. :rolleyes:
who has claimed they are as righteous as God?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your friend @Enoch111. He represents you that claim things from the bible for yourselves.

You claim to be glorified no?

Anyway Enoch111 will teach you so that you can go down the rabbit hole with him.
No one is glorified until the resurrection. If we could be glorified here on earth, we would be sinless.. and perfect in every way.. Thats not the case

Once again, Who has claimed they are as righteous as God. and where is that post? You can't accuse a person without proof.. you need to back up your accusations!

Reactions: APAK

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is anybody saying otherwise? I don't see anybody calling the OT saints' righteousness filthy rags.
Isaiah, inspired by God, wrote,

Isaiah 64:5-6 KJV
5) Thou meetest him that rejoiceth and worketh righteousness, those that remember thee in thy ways: behold, thou art wroth; for we have sinned: in those is continuance, and we shall be saved.
6) But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Isaiah wrote this of himself.

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No one is glorified until the resurrection. If we could be glorified here on earth, we would be sinless.. and perfect in every way.. Thats not the case

Once again, Who has claimed they are as righteous as God. and where is that post? You can't accuse a person without proof.. you need to back up your accusations!
@Enoch111 often lurks through my threads...to take shots at me...which only reveals his own religiosity.

maybe you can summon him here to enlighten you???

Maybe he's changed his tune?

maybe he's ashamed of his own words? it;s hard to tell with those who have turned away from honesty and any righteousness at all.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love keeps no records of wrongs.

People get upset if they don’t align on understanding.

Quick to persecute and cut down.

Be careful.
Some intend to act just the way they are.

When someone consistently acts a certain way, don't overlook that. I've seen episkopos act like this over the past 10 years or more.

Much love!

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Enoch11 often lurks through my threads...to take shots at me...which only reveals his own religiosity.

maybe you can summon him here to enlighten you???

Maybe he's changed his tune?

maybe he's ashamed of hos own words?
or maybe you can not show where he claimed to be righteous as Jesus? And are trying to run from having to back up your words?

It does not matter who takes shots at you and who does not. What matters is you made an accusation. Can you back that accusation up. or will you repent that you made an error?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Epi is lumping everyone who does not agree with him as usual all in the same boat, where ever he can he will, do this to discredit. In this case for his doctrine of rebirth, sanctification and salvation. It is a slick trick and I do not fall for it at all. That is why he needs to be singled out for it. .
Yes.

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Enoch111, where are you when we need you? Come and tell us how you are as righteous as God...and whoever doesn't claim that is a false teacher.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no extra or full measure for those who seek it.
This teaching denies the truth of passages such as,

2 Peter 1:2-4 KJV
2) Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3) According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4) Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

The question is, is this passage true?

Have we actually been given all things that pertain to life and godliness? Or, as these two say, are we missing that vital piece which truly enables us to walk as God intends for us?

Peter, in no uncertain terms, tells us, God tells us, actually, that He's given us what we need. That He's given us His promises, and if we trust Him, if we believe Him, if we believe His promises, we can walk in faith, as He intends.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! This is descriptive of the righteous (believers) who have been washed, sanctified and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God. In CONTRAST with the unrighteous (unbelievers) who have not been washed, sanctified and justified and their sins remain - fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, homosexuals, sodomites, thieves, covetous, drunkards, revilers, extortioners will not inherit the kingdom of God. The unrighteous (unbelievers) continue to practice such sins. (Galatians 5:19-21)
This, along with Romans 6, seems routinely ignored by this pair.

Much love!

Reactions: mailmandan and APAK

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Among those presumed to be righteous, washed, sanctified, were some who were still involved in sexual immorality. So Paul's statement about the Corinthian church being sanctified doesn't ring true if one takes the idea that it's an accomplished and completed event. Methinks God still had a lot of work to do.
Yes, and there are many many passages just the same. So we should never be discouraged, just keep trusting in the Lord.

Much love!

Reactions: Brakelite

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't count on that. As many times as I've asked these two for the so-called posts to prove their accusations, no, they can't. For a reason! Lot's of accusation, no evidence.

And if someone is willing to accuse, but not willing to back it up, how should we understand that?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or maybe you can not show where he claimed to be righteous as Jesus? And are trying to run from having to back up your words?

It does not matter who takes shots at you and who does not. What matters is you made an accusation. Can you back that accusation up. or will you repent that you made an error?
Or maybe Ep has seen the manipulative value of "triangulation"?

Much love!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't count on that. As many times as I've asked these two for the so-called posts to prove their accusations, no, they can't. For a reason! Lot's of accusation, no evidence.

And if someone is willing to accuse, but not willing to back it up, how should we understand that?

Much love!
all we can do is keep questioning their accusations. if they continue to try to hide behind them with no real proof. it just shows others the truth about them

Reactions: mailmandan