Sanctification is not a Process

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
God knows the way of a man. With the merciful He is merciful, with the innocent, He is innocent, with the meek He is meek, but with the crafty He is crafty. He turns our ways back onto us.
David spoke unto the Lord the words of this song ( prayer in 2 Samuel 22.) in the day that the Lord delivered him out of the hand of all his enemies, and out of the hand of Saul.

The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; in Him will I trust: He is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my Saviour; you have saved me from violence. I will call on the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from my enemies.

( Davids payer of deliverance continues) With the merciful you will show yourself merciful, and with the upright manyou will show yourself upright. With the pure you will show yourself pure; and with the froward you will show yourselfunsavoury. And the afflicted people you will save: but your eyes are upon the haughty, that you may bring them down.

( David continues the song in Psalms 18) You have delivered me from the strivings of the people; and you have made me the head of the heathen: a people whom I have not known shall serve me. Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O Lord, among the heathen, and sing praises unto your name. Great deliverance He gives to his king; and shows mercy to his anointed, to David, and to his seed for evermore.

A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation. They shall come, and shall declare His righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that He has done this.

2 Samuel 22:1 And David spake unto the Lord the words of this song in the day that the Lord had delivered him out of the hand of all his enemies, and out of the hand of Saul:
And he said, The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
4 I will call on the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

2 Samuel 22:26 With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful, and with the upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright.
27 With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself unsavoury.
28 And the afflicted people thou wilt save: but thine eyes are upon the haughty, that thou mayest bring them down.

Psalm 18:3 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

Psalm 18:24 Therefore hath the Lord recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his eyesight.
25 With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright;
26 With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself froward.
27 For thou wilt save the afflicted people; but wilt bring down high looks.

Psalm 18:43 Thou hast delivered me from the strivings of the people; and thou hast made me the head of the heathen: a people whom I have not known shall serve me.

Psalms 18:49 Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O Lord, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name.
50 Great deliverance giveth he to his king; and sheweth mercy to his anointed, to David, and to his seed for evermore.

Psalm 22:30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.
31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

Acts 4:25 Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?

Galatians 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Galatians 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
( the day of the Lord, deliverance, comparable to the deliverance song/prayer of David, of, " I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.")

Blow you the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord comes, for it is near at hand.

Thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there has not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.

The Lord shall utter his voice before His army: for His camp is very great: for He is strong that executes HIs word: for the day of the Lord is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

Therefore also now, says the Lord, turn you even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning: And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the Lord your God: for He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repents Him of the evil.

I will remove far off from you the northern army, ( Babylon) and will drive him into a land barren and desolate.

Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the Lord will do great things.

Be glad then, you children of Zion, and rejoice in the Lord your God: for He has given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.

You will eat plenty ( be saved by Jesus, the door of the sheep, and go in and out and find pasture. John 10:9.) and praise the name of the Lord your God, that has dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

It shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh.

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: f( as David called in His distress) for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord has said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

Be in pain, and labour to bring forth, O daughter of Zion, like a woman in travail: for now shall you go forth out of the city, and you shall dwell in the field, and you shall go even to Babylon; there you shall be delivered; there the Lord shall redeem you from the hand of your enemies. ( as David was redeemed from the hand of his enemies who were too strong for Him by the Lord, to be saved, to be head of the heathen. 2 Samuel 22.)

Joel 2:1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand;
2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.
3 A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.

Joel 2:11 And the Lord shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the Lord is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?
12 Therefore also now, saith the Lord, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning:
13 And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the Lord your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.

Joel 2:20 But I will remove far off from you the northern army, and will drive him into a land barren and desolate, with his face toward the east sea, and his hinder part toward the utmost sea, and his stink shall come up, and his ill savour shall come up, because he hath done great things.
21 Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the Lord will do great things.

Joel 2:23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the Lord your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.

Joel 2:26 And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Joel 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Joel 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.
32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

Micah 4:10 Be in pain, and labour to bring forth, O daughter of Zion, like a woman in travail: for now shalt thou go forth out of the city, and thou shalt dwell in the field, and thou shalt go even to Babylon; there shalt thou be delivered; there the Lord shall redeem thee from the hand of thine enemies.

This is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh.

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

To Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaks better things than that of Abel.

See that you refuse not Him that speaks. For if they escaped not who refused Him that spoke on earth, much more shall we not escape, if we turn away from Him that speaks from heaven.

Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: For our God is a consuming fire.

Acts 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Acts 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:
21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Hebrews 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:
26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

Hebrews 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
29 For our God is a consuming fire.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
The word is near you, even in your mouth, and in your heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach.

That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

For the scripture says, Whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed. ( Joel 2:26-28.)

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. ( as David called on the Lord and was answe4d and delivered. 2 Samuel 22:4. Psalm 18:3.)

Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
Sigh…I’m like a happy puppy who gets excited and thinks everyone is friendly. I need to hold back and watch people longer. I’m too rash and quick.

I will accept and keep humor. If He takes me into the higher walk, maybe all humor and laughter goes I don’t know. But for now, I still laugh and jest sometimes.

Last edited:

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Your verses don’t cancel out many other verses and parables. And mercy And judgement are two of the three weightiest matters of the law. How do we know if one is slightly more weighty? How do we know they aren’t equally important or that mercy is more important to God? So to argue two of the three weightiest matters of law AGAINST each other is a fools errand.
Mercy judgement, faith, and the love of God.

Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Luke 11:42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Faith works by love. ( a new creature.)

Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life

Galatians 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Galatians 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

God is rich in mercy for HIs great love where He has loved us. ( giving His only Son to die for us to be forgiveness for our sins.)

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Jude 1:2 Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

Jude 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment.

That you may approve things that are excellent; that you may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ.

Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Philippians 1:9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;
10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ.
11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Reactions: APAK

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Sigh…I’m like a happy puppy who gets excited and thinks everyone is friendly. I need to hold back and watch people longer. I’m too rash and quick.

I will accept and keep humor. If He takes me into the higher walk, maybe all humor and laughter goes I don’t know. But for now, I still laugh and jest sometimes.
Ecclesiastes 7:2 It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart.
3 Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.
4 The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

James 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Luke 6:21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
24 But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.
25 Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.

Reactions: APAK

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
I’m not going to read that.
John 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

1 John 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

• Love
Reactions: Keturah and APAK

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ephesians 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
We are not telling jokes here. Humour is good when it is used to break walls down. God has a sense of humour.

Did you know that the "golden calf" was actually a bull? The Amorites worshiped a bull not a calf.

But to make fun of their religion Moses calls it a calf.

Do you know what "Beelzebub" means? It means "lord of the flies". Meaning dung.

God indeed has a sense of humour.

What is not permitted is COARSE jesting. Worldly jesting.

Elijah asks the prophets of Baal if their god is on the privy! ;) Check it out...

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what did Jesus mean when he said he who believes is not condemned, he who does not believe is condemned already?

Is this not who God said he would have mercy on?
God has mercy on whom He will . . . most certainly! And, He's told us His criteria. All who believe.

Much love!

Reactions: Episkopos

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I have been hearing from some here, and I don't wish to go back over the entire thread to find one or two posts, but one maybe two have said that we are not holy. I would take issue with this. What is it that makes something holy? For example, what made the burning bush and the surrounding area holy? Was it not God's presence? What was it that made the inner compartment of the temple and of the sanctuary... The holy of holies... Holy? Was it not God's presence? Now please consider this...
That's very good point. The dirt was holy because God was there, not because it was righteous dirt, doing righteousness.

Much love!

Reactions: Brakelite

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

1 John 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
I said I wasn’t going to read your post. You judge that it means I I can’t hear God. and I’m fine with your opinion of me. But don’t expect me to take you seriously.

• Wow
Reactions: APAK and Episkopos

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Everybody on the forum a quick advise while I am here today, stop the words that we will answer for soon, and do the actions which rejoice over judgement. ( love in deed and in truth/perceiving/believing that Christ loved us, the love of God in deed and in truth/not talk.)

Matthew 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

James 2:13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

Reactions: GTW27

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God has mercy on whom He will . . . most certainly! And, He's told us His criteria. All who believe.

Much love!
As long as we are as merciful to others as God has been to us. Remember the man who had great debts and was forgiven them. After that he went to court to get his due from others who owed him...of course, much smaller amounts. So then the one who was originally shown mercy has that mercy REMOVED.

Learn the ways of God..and realize how many believers are headed for destruction. Look to yourself and how you operate...always trying to protect your ego. Repent from that. Go to the cross.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
I said I wasn’t going to read your post. You judge that it means I I can’t hear God. and I’m fine with your opinion of me. But don’t expect me to take you seriously.
Maybe you felt judged, because I only gave scripture, which indeed does judge us.

John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.