Sanctification is not a Process

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
When I say the cross...I don't mean physical suffering but the power that crucifies the flesh powered outer man. As in...I am crucified with Christ...
We have it well testified how the Apostles showed us all things ( of the cross of Christ) when did they ever say go, without showing us first in them ?

Reactions: Keturah

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
When I say the cross...I don't mean physical suffering but the power that crucifies the flesh powered outer man. As in...I am crucified with Christ...
I cannot say to anyone go to the cross, unless it is first seen in me. But I have to show the testimony of what gives belief to us all, which is the examples and ensamples of Jesus Christ and His Holy Apostles. ( the cross in them and all examples and proof of it to follow/no words, such as his forum shows only, but all deed, and all truth. ( far from the words of men)

Reactions: APAK

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not in my mind it isn’t - every single one of us in here understands it.
"In my mind" is another fallacy of illogic called Subjectivism.

Years ago my mother and aunt went to visit my cousin who lived out of state to have dinner and stay the weekend. The got lost. 1st, they went to New York. And then they went to Vermont. When they finally headed to (facing) Connecticut, there were NOT instantly at my cousin's door step still.

Arriving at 11 PM, there were a little late for dinner.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Years ago my mother and aunt went to visit my cousin who lived out of state to have dinner and stay the weekend. The got lost. 1st, they went to New York. And then they went to Vermont. When they finally headed to (facing) Connecticut, there were NOT instantly at my cousin's door step still.

Yeah I remember.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Mark said he heard for ten years this teaching, but what has it accomplished when we cannot show we are examples and ensamples as the true Apostles of the Lord were.

Especially as this is testified:

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Revelation 2:2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

• Love

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland

1 Peter 4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Reactions: marks and Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I cannot say to anyone go to the cross, unless it is first seen in me. But I have to show the testimony of what gives belief to us all, which is the examples and ensamples of Jesus Christ and His Holy Apostles. ( the cross in them and all examples and proof of it to follow/no words, such as his forum shows only, but all deed, and all truth. ( far from the words of men)
Well brother I have walked as a crucified man for good lengths of time. I know what a dead man is. I have felt the blade cut out my flesh..so that I felt it even physically.

But there is no depth to many who are offered free samples of grace with bad teachings.

God will oblige people the free stuff...but then they go astray in their minds and hearts.

Do you know the power of the cross? Do you know what resurrection life is?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tsk! This was just a costume change and a double identity. Ireland, Texas, Minneapolis, South Africa - makes no difference.
You homed in on one particular thread and chose two particular people in that one thread to talk at. You’re like a child with chocolate smeared all over his face saying, nope, I didn’t eat the chocolate!

Last edited:

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Well brother I have walked as a crucified man for good lengths of time. I know what a dead man is. I have felt the blade cut out my flesh..so that I felt it even physically.

But there is no depth to many who are offered free samples of grace with bad teachings.

God will oblige people the free stuff...but then they go astray in their minds and hearts.

Do you know the power of the cross? Do you know what resurrection life is?
Yes, to ignore the talkers, who ignore the examples and ensamples we are given to follow.

1 Corinthians 4:9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.
10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.
11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

2 Corinthians 11:23 Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.
24 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
28 Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.
29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not?
30 If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities.
31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.
32 In Damascus the governor under Aretas the king kept the city of the damascenes with a garrison, desirous to apprehend me:
33 And through a window in a basket was I let down by the wall, and escaped his hands.

Philippians 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

Reactions: APAK and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark said he heard for ten years this teaching,
That's not really what I said though. I said I've read his posts for over 10 years. Yes, that includes the things ep teaches, but it also includes the all the ways he's treated others over those years.

I find his teaching is contrary to Scripture. That he refuses to have real discussion, and continues steadfastly with ad hominem instead.

Much love!

Reactions: Keturah

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mark said he heard for ten years this teaching, but what has it accomplished when we cannot show we are examples and ensamples as the true Apostles of the Lord were.

Especially as this is testified:

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Revelation 2:2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
People read the same bible for 50 years and come out as terrible hypocrites. Would you blame the bible for that? Jesus was put to death as a bad teacher. Was Jesus a bad teacher?

How old are you?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tsk! This was just a costume change and a double identity. Ireland, South Africa - makes no difference.
You homed in on one particular thread and chose two particular people in that one thread to talk at. You’re like a child with chocolate smeared all over his face saying, nope, I didn’t eat the chocolate!
You seem certain this is @Johann on a new membership, are you?

Much love!

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
For anyone else on the forum, when people ask do we know the power of the cross? Do we know what resurrection life is ?

How do they know, when they want you to follow them, just typing text for ten years, and not the examples we know are in deed and then in truth, of Jesus Christ, and of the Apostles following in the same ways. ( no talk and debate and disputes as they do constantly, morning till night for ever)

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
People read the same bible for 50 years and come out as terrible hypocrites. Would you blame the bible for that? Jesus was put to death as a bad teacher. Was Jesus a bad teacher?

How old are you?
Bad teachers don't follow in deed and in truth they follow in word and tongue.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's not really what I said though. I said I've read his posts for over 10 years. Yes, that includes the things ep teaches, but it also includes the all the ways he's treated others over those years.

I find his teaching is contrary to Scripture. That he refuses to have real discussion, and continues steadfastly with ad hominem instead.

Much love!
I don't think that Gordon 7 is here to hear you complain about how rough you've had it. You poor thing...

But he is right that you have ignored sound teaching for these 10 years. And you have taken correction of the outer man religious posturing...personally because you want to be saved without going to the cross. You want to keep the "best" of the flesh.

But you will see that a free sample doesn't keep your jar filled with oil...when you most need it.

The Son of Man is coming at a time you don't expect. There will be no time to get more free stuff. Why not go to where you buy the full measure of grace..at the throne of grace?

Do you see that as an attack?

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For anyone else on the forum, when people ask do we know the power of the cross? Do we know what resurrection life is ?

How do they know, when they want you to follow them, just typing text for ten years, and not the examples we know are in deed and then in truth, of Jesus Christ, and of the Apostles following in the same ways. ( no talk and debate and disputes as they do constantly, morning till night for ever)
“As they do constantly, morning till night forever?” On the word/testimony of one man, and that quickly, you make it to that conclusion? Interesting.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Blessings in Christ Jesus gordon7!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

How old are you?
They come out hypocrites because they deny THE LAW of Moses.

Being thus in denial of any moral or spiritual standard at all they therefore justify themselves in their SIN. They do not know nor do they understand until SIN has captured them fully ---- that they are indeed the hypocrites they once thought it was impossible for them to become.

Rightly was it predicted by the apostles that the End Times would be days of licentious lawlessness - not the lawlessness of crime and violence but the lawlessness of denial of God's good LAW which is given for salvation and wise living.

Even though I write this many fools will deny the efficacy of the LAW. They will indeed have their reward and it will likely ruin them and their whole family when it arrives....

and then weeping and crying they may one day fall to their knees and beg Jesus' forgiveness BY THE LAW which they denied all the time.

We like to tell ourselves that our culture today is advanced. The only thing advanced about it is its own hubris and stupidity.

"You have to work hard to be THAT stupid." (John Wayne)

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Are antichrists expert at deceiving ?

Of course they are, but they cannot acknowledge Christ to follow while they show no example themselves, that they follow ( by strife, debates, disputes and just by talk non stop all years is their example of the cross and the love of God.)

They profess belief in God but deny Him, in works ( they don't do any, as we know Christ did and the Apostles we hear did likewise, they type text and talk and want you to believe them ?)

Matthew 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Reactions: APAK and Johann