Sanctification is not a Process

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But jesus said it over and over.

In john 3 he said it when he told us how to be born again

In john 4 he said it to the woman at the well. If we ask in faith, he will give us living water flowing to eternal life

In john 5 he said he who hears my words and believes (has faith) will not die. But has eternal life. He has passed from life to death, and will NOT come to judgement

In John 6, he said seek for the food which does not perish. Whoever eats will never hunger or thirst. Will live forever. Will never die, will be ressurected. And again has eternal life.

All the way in John 1. John says but as many as has recieved him to THEM he gave th e power to become sons of God.

Jesus can’t contradict himself. Yes he said other things. But we have to interpret all he said to make them in agreement, not contradictory. Thats how the word interprets itself
This idea that we have Scriptures which somehow "contradict" each other, that we have to find the "middle truth", or however you want to say it, reminds me if Hegelian Dialectic, which is no way to arrive at Biblical Truth.

Someone who says there is some contradiction between Scriptures simply doesn't understand them.

Much love!

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
As long as we are as merciful to others as God has been to us. Remember the man who has great debts and was forgiven them. After that he went to court to get his due from others who owed him...of course, much smaller accounts. So then the one who was originally shown mercy has that mercy REMOVED.

Learn the ways of God..and realize how many believers are headed for destruction. Look to yourself and how you operate...always trying to protect your ego. Repent from that. Go to the cross.
Or, we do not accept tens of thousands of teachers teaching, we follow examples we have seen. ( we see them in faith, not hear peoples advice and we don't know who they are.

Acts 19:13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

1 Corinthians 4:11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Philippians 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everybody on the forum a quick advise while I am here today, stop the words that we will answer for soon, and do the actions which rejoice over judgement. ( love in deed and in truth/perceiving/believing that Christ loved us, the love of God in deed and in truth/not talk.)
Amen! A good word!

Much love!

Reactions: GTW27

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Nope. I didn’t feel judged. I just felt like, oh look, another clown.
Yes a clown shares scripture, to your words of laughing and joking. ( looks like you're still reading the posts too)

Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Proverbs 15:10 Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.

James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Reactions: Keturah and APAK

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are going to speak to me about ego? I've read your posts for over 10 years.

Let's speak about rebirth, and Romans 6.

Much love!
Self-justification? I thought you beat that horse to death already. Go to the cross....surrender your religious outer man to be dealt with by the power of the cross.

Be free! Surrender the religious guile..it will only weigh you down in the mire.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes a clown shares scripture, to your words of laughing and joking. ( looks like you're still reading the posts too)
Yes, I did skim that one.
Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Proverbs 15:10 Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.

James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
You remind me of a man from South Africa when he first came here. I didnt act holy enough for his liking either. He was offended by “lol.” I saw through him about as quickly as I saw through you. You just enjoy your holiness and I’ll stay down here where we don’t pretend we are someplace we aren’t.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
That's very good point. The dirt was holy because God was there, not because it was righteous dirt, doing righteousness.

Much love!
The earth has nothing to do with the Spirit.

The place God stands is Holy, but the earth is not kept because it had the Holiness of the Lord upon it, it is destroyed as it had the unrighteousness of man upon it.

Men who do unrighteousness cant be where Holiness is. ( in Christ, Christ in us and Him in us/ in the Spirit of Holiness.)

Romans 1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

1 Corinthians 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.
15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

John 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

2 Peter 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Self-justification? I thought you beat that horse to death already. Go to the cross....surrender your religious outer man to be dealt with by the power of the cross.

Be free! Surrender the religious guile..it will only weigh you down in the mire.
Self justification? Have you ever even read the passage?

A "no, I don't want to" would be sufficient. But I imagine that's not sufficient for you. Refuse without appearing to just refuse.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s like that movie where all the clones keep replicating…poor Keanu.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Self justification? Have you ever even read the passage? Hm?

A "no, I don't want to" would be sufficient.

Much love!
Passages? Someone who justifies himself uses passages as proof. But there is no proof there. Only how God works with people....either for honour or for shame. Only a fool claims honour without heeding the warnings about what brings shame.

We don't choose our eternal destiny. God does. Fear the Lord, learn humility...and maybe, just maybe, you won't live in eternal shame.

Go to the cross...

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Yes, I did skim that one.

You remind me of a man from South Africa when he first came here. I didnt act holy enough for his liking either. He was offended by “lol.” I saw through him about as quickly as I saw through you. You just enjoy your holiness and I’ll stay down here where we don’t pretend we are someplace we aren’t.
Sure, continue down with debates, (perverse disputes on forums) implacable ( strong opinions which wont be corrected) knowing the judgement of God ( not reading about love and judgment being the same thing) that they who commit these are worthy of death, have pleasure in them that do them. ( laughing and jesting)

Acts 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

Romans 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

1 Timothy 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

• Love
Reactions: APAK

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh great. Now laughing is worthy of death. :rolleyes:

It’s suspicious to me that you appear suddenly and only seem interested in one man’s threads…

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Passages? Someone who justifies himself uses passages as proof. But there is no proof there. Only how God works with people....either for honour or for shame. Only a fool claims honour without heeding the warnings about what brings shame.

We don't choose our eternal destiny. God does. Fear the Lord, learn humility...and maybe, just maybe, you won't live in eternal shame.

Go to the cross...
The Apostles had right to warn us, they suffered in the sufferings of Christ, and it is why they can sat to stop love in word and tongue, as they did all that is more. ( to die with and for Christ, to love go to the cross in deed and in truth.)

That is called showing us the way to the cross.

Saying go to the cross, wont show any way as they showed, will it.

Colossians 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Colossians 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

2 Timothy 1:11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.
12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

James 5:10 Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
For those on the forum who do not see themselves as great teachers like these other ones here, get out quick is good advise for you.

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: FROM SUCH TURN AWAY.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Apostles had right to warn us, they suffered in the sufferings of Christ, and it is why they can sat to stop love in word and tongue, as they did all that is more. ( to die with and for Christ, to love go to the cross in deed and in truth.)

That is called showing us the way to the cross.

Saying go to the cross, wont show any way as they showed, will it.

Colossians 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Colossians 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

2 Timothy 1:11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.
12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

James 5:10 Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.
When I say the cross...I don't mean physical suffering but the power that crucifies the flesh powered outer man. As in...I am crucified with Christ...

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's get serious, then. If you turn to ad hominems
They are not serious.

“Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.” 1 Peter 1:13 ESV

Oh my gosh…first clowns and now streakers…?!
Illogic.

Those who make fun of others will be judged.
Proverbs 19:29

Reactions: marks

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
When I say the cross...I don't mean physical suffering but the power that crucifies the flesh powered outer man. As in...I am crucified with Christ...
Why quote what Apostle Paul taught of how we are crucified in the flesh, without acknowledging that he can teach us all about the cross, physical suffering, crucified in the flesh, because they followed Christ by more than words, they showed us as ensamples. ( when they say go to the cross, they show the cross to us, in them and on them.

2 Corinthians 4:8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
11 For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

2 Thessalonians 3:9 Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.

Reactions: APAK