satan a creature or man without God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
beautiful are the feet on steroids, or should be, right

but we could discuss moving boundary stones in this same context, also
They certainly have strong faith and practice what they preach even though they are undergoing such severe persecution.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i would assume a different frame, and recognize that our churches are in diaspora now

If you mean they are 'outside' rather than inside ...I agree..they have lost the plot ...a long time back.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
hmm, muslims are attacked and killed by their own people...other 'muslims'. hmmm. Which I have no problem with, understand. The more the merrier.

Stranger
then don't be surprised when you get scoffed at for complaining about your boundary stones being moved, i guess

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
seems to have worked out fine for you, i notice for plenty of others too. Priests tend to be great philosophers, good at bouncing stuff (unrelated to doctrine, perhaps) off of imo

I try to live meta....

Holding too tightly reduces any sort of meaning to nothingness

Deconstructing my well tumed BS meter and replacing it with faith is a priority, as well

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
They certainly have strong faith and practice what they preach even though they are undergoing such severe persecution.
or, they are invaders who move boundary stones in pursuit of their own mission, not in accordance with Scripture at all, regardless of their feelings or beliefs on the matter. Scripture says shake the dust off and leave, right. i had to do a...book report on missions in PR once, i don't have a very good feeling about wasp missions wadr.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you can't speak for the oppressed, don't expect anyone to speak for you

You don't dictate who is a Christian, and you don't dictate who speaks for who. For you to not speak for me is no loss. gxpj

Stranger

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or, they are invaders who move boundary stones in pursuit of their own mission, not in accordance with Scripture at all, regardless of their feelings or beliefs on the matter. Scripture says shake the dust off and leave, right. i had to do a...book report on missions in PR once, i don't have a very good feeling about wasp missions wadr.
I wasn't referring to missionaries but to Christians who have lived in those areas for generations.

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah ok, like who then, for example?
For example, the Christians in Iraq. I've been reading news stories about Christians in the Middle East since the early 2000's. They would talk about the effect the wars had on them, they would ask for prayers, but many of them who survived had to flee to other countries like Syria.
One thing that a Christian in Iraq said in one news story was that the Christians there felt like "a playing card" that outside forces can manipulate for their own aims." They also said that Iraqi Christians do not want to leave their country, but without the needed recognition and support of their rights, staying there is becoming a more difficult proposition.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
For example, the Christians in Iraq. I've been reading news stories about Christians in the Middle East since the early 2000's. They would talk about the effect the wars had on them, they would ask for prayers, but many of them who survived had to flee to other countries like Syria.
One thing that a Christian in Iraq said in one news story was that the Christians there felt like "a playing card" that outside forces can manipulate for their own aims." They also said that Iraqi Christians do not want to leave their country, but without the needed recognition and support of their rights, staying there is becoming a more difficult proposition.
on the run now, but as i kind of suspected you were almost going to have to invoke Christians in countries that the US has heavily influenced. Iow a case could be made that they got along fine before we got there?

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
on the run now, but as i kind of suspected you were almost going to have to invoke Christians in countries that the US has heavily influenced. Iow a case could be made that they got along fine before we got there?
The Christians in Iraq said that conditions for them were better when Saddam Hussein was in power because they said he protected Christians.

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is also little difference between Luciferians and Unitarian universalists.
I'm just now seeing your post.
I think I understand why you would say that because they have all kinds of religions mixed in with their worship services. For example, I know that there are pagans and wiccans who go to Unitarian universalists churches. Most importantly, I don't know what goes on in those kind of churches during after hours, so to speak.
I do however know what went on in some Christian churches that I have been to, although I didn't know at the time, but I found out later about some things that happened during after hours or at night, and days that weren't regular church attendance days that was definitely satanic.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was an interesting discussion which came again to my attention. I have copied post #1 here, but a whole lot more is between #1 and #138. There are newer people here who may have some additional edifying input on the subject:

@bbyrd009 @pia

bbyrd009 said: satan appears as an angel of light

pia said: Ever since I read this sentence in the Bible, I have realized that it must be either a misinterpretation or a misunderstanding, because satan has ZERO light in him, so how on earth is he supposed to suddenly stand there in front of us shining like an angel of God would.......I can see how it may mean that an idea can come to us, which 'appears' to us as if it is from the Lord and thus of the light, but can be a deception, but the being called satan, will most assuredly not have any power to show himself as a shining light anywhere, any time.....

The two above posts on another thread brought this thing of satan to my mind. While I have seen and heard many arguments in favor of the existence of the external entity called by that name, I have long discounted his existence as a separate being. Perhaps someone could give me reason to believe that such this external or separate entity exists.

In school many years ago I was taught that darkness is simply the absence of light. Why would this not be so in the case of the Light? Does not Jesus say that He is the light of the world?

"As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world." John 9:5

With regard to this supposed creation named satan, when was he created or born?

Where was satan’s beginning?

“He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.” I John 3:8

Even as Judas and Peter were devils was not Adam also a devil, the first devil? Was he not the first man that committed a sin. He sinned from the beginning.

“And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.” Gen 1:31

Before Adam sinned everything God created was “very good”.

Even Adam was “very good”. But…God had given Adam something He had not given the rest of His creation: the ability to make informed choices.

Those choices included the ability to move into darkness, a place without the Light of God. Both Adam and Eve moved in that direction away from the Light and into the satanic darkness.

The serpent spoke to Eve or... was it the dark yearnings within her that spoke to her since it involved disobeying God and His Way of Light...

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@bbyrd009 @pia

The two above posts on another thread brought this thing of satan to my mind. While I have seen and heard many arguments in favor of the existence of the external entity called by that name, I have long discounted his existence as a separate being. Perhaps someone could give me reason to believe that such this external or separate entity exists.

In school many years ago I was taught that darkness is simply the absence of light. Why would this not be so in the case of the Light? Does not Jesus say that He is the light of the world?

"As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world." John 9:5

With regard to this supposed creation named satan, when was he created or born?

Where was satan’s beginning?

“He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.” I John 3:8

Even as Judas and Peter were devils was not Adam also a devil, the first devil? Was he not the first man that committed a sin. He sinned from the beginning.

“And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.” Gen 1:31

Before Adam sinned everything God created was “very good”.

Even Adam was “very good”. But…God had given Adam something He had not given the rest of His creation: the ability to make informed choices.

Those choices included the ability to move into darkness, a place without the Light of God. Both Adam and Eve moved in that direction away from the Light and into the satanic darkness.

The serpent spoke to Eve or... was it the dark yearnings within her that spoke to her since it involved disobeying God and His Way of Light...
Jesus is the authority on the existence of Satan.

Reactions: amadeus