Satans Ultimate Lie

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pmb

Sep 8, 2007
(E Nomine;17748)
How can you say that with the blatent proof that God has given you in the Bible and what I just posted here in this thread?
Just as I have stated it. I don't understand what you mean by "the blatent proof that God has given you in the Bible" - What proof?"..and what I just posted here in this thread?"First off I don;t know you so I'm not about to take what you say as authoritative. And you may be wrong in your interpretation. I'm not saying that your are but I'm leaving room for human error. For example: The quote you posted which says “‘I and the Father are one" was further interpreted by Jesus and referred to a passage from the Old testament in which the god that section speaks of is another name for a spiritual leader. If we agree that Jesus really meant that he and the capital "G" God are one then this speaks of a duality and not of a trinity. I simply do not see that agreeing with the trinity is a requirement for being called a Christian. Some/most Christian sects probably agree with you but that can't be considered a proof. I feel that it is inappropriate to tell someone that they are not a Christian when they may accept every word of the Bible. That person didn't disagree with any part of the New Testament that I could see.If you think that the New Testament itself demands and is crystal clear that there is a trinity between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit then what is your answer as to why they took 300 years to make that doctrine?We're not perfect and thinking that we know the mind of God is arrogant. We do our best to interpret the Bible and if a lot fo people believe something so much that they make it doctrine does not mean that is absolute truth. However that does not mean in any shape or form that I disagree with the trinity.If you finish reading the comments above and walk away claiming that I don't fully agree with the doctrine of the Trinity then you need to go back and read all that again because I do accept the trinity.Pete

E Nomine

Aug 18, 2007
So, what you are saying is that you can still be a christian and not believe in the divinity of Christ?If that is not what you are saying then I apologize for assuming that is what you have said.