Saturday is Sabbath day...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Thanks for the link, TS2012.

As for Hammerstone's post you mentioned, I'll address some of those specific issues in a subsequent message. I may disagree with Hammerstone on any number of issues but he is Webmaster here at Christianityboard.com and I'm very pleased with the level of freedom of expression and lack of censorship or domineering moderation that is all too evident in many/most Christian forums. I enthusiastically applaud his leadership!

Honestly, you need to lighten up a bit TruthSeeker. Instead of being offended and taking all such criticism personally, I would suggest you consider much of your critics accusations as a badge of honor and part and parcel of the persecution and tribulation that makes us stronger and enables us to "endure unto the end." And realize that we all require some reproofs from time to time.

Jesus declared:

Mat. 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

And as others have plainly said, "Don't worry, be happy!"

James 5:11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

1Pet. 3:14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;

1Pet. 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

Peace be with you. brother!

Ok brother I will ponder your counsel. But it's hard when I have never ever personally attacked any individual, yet I have been called Satan, idiot and many other hurtful and nasty names, yet they never seemed to get warned, but I am warned.

I find it interesting, whenever I say AMEN and whenever I agree with someone's teaching, they never accuse me of having a bad attitude, but as soon as you disagree with someone, they accuse you of having a self-righteous and bad attitude.

Anyway, back on topic.. so tell me James, do you attend a Sabbath keeping fellowship every week?

God bless.

I thought it was Sunday because Jesus Christ came and it is the first day so it's holy now ...

For over 10 years I have made a public offer of $10,000 to show me anywhere in entire Scripture where the Saturday Sabbath was changed to Sunday and where Sunday is now holy.

Yet I still have my money, and even after Jesus' death and ascension, they were still keeping the Sabbath day Holy. It was not until around after 100AD, Sunday holiness began creeping into the Christian Church. Not from instruction by Scripture, but through men.

God bless.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
...so why do so many worship on Sunday, the first day of the week?

They are not worshiping. Man has created what he wants to do in Gods name to fleece the inhabitance of the earth. They have made up their own God for sale. It will all change and those who worship God in Spirit and truth will soon do great exploits by the power of the Spirit of God.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyway, back on topic.. so tell me James, do you attend a Sabbath keeping fellowship every week?

No, unfortunately, I live in the relative boondocks of Northern Nevada. There's no Sabbath keeping fellowship in the immediate area that I'm aware of. I do, however, observe the weekly Sabbath on my own at home from sunset Friday evening till Sunset Saturday. Devoting this blessed time to Bible Study (e-Sword being my favorite computer study tool), prayer, scriptural meditation, reading Christian literature, conversing on Christian forums, listening to Christian contemplative music, rest, etc.

In the past, I've attended some Seventh Day Adventist meetings but was somewhat put-off by a few of their other unscriptural teachings (vegetarianism, abstinence of wine, founded by a woman. . . etc.) and a general feeling that 'this wasn't the place for me'.

I infrequently visit a neighborhood Christian Sunday gathering with some family members to recharge my praise and worship batteries. However, their rapture-bunny teachings and unwavering spiritual and military support for the modern Jewish State of Israel are, frankly, hard for me to endure.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Doing that now...Worship on Sundays as well! ^_^

I worship God every day, even on Sundays :)

However, the ideal God desires His people to experience in Sabbathkeeping is described by king David, a repentant sinner, "a man after God's own heart." This Sabbath song vindicates God against Satan's false accusations. It proclaims the Sabbath as; a day of exquisite delight; a day to adore our Creator; a day to bask in His redeeming love; a day to acknowledge His sanctifying power; a day to anticipate ultimate glory in His presence. I Sam. 13:14 Ps. 92

I keep the Sabbath every week in a Spiritual manner and rest and pray to God and worship Him and spend "quality" time with Him. I do these things every day of course, but WOW, the Sabbath is a special day.

The Sabbath symbolises for me salvation by faith and grace alone. In that day I "rest" from all "work". That's salvation by grace and "not" works Eph 2:8-9. The Sabbath is a symbol of justification by faith on the day we rest, and I keep it as a loving sign of loyalty and a sign of belonging to Jesus.

I love a weekly 24 hour "rest" from all "work" and earthly matters. A wonderful time to spend quality time with family and loved ones, and quality time with God. The Sabbath is a wonderful time to disconnect from earthly matters and re-charge the batteries physically, emotionally and Spiritually so that I am able to face another week.

The Sabbath for me, is simply a "sign" of love and loyalty between God and myself, and I keep the true Sabbath holy as a recognition of Jesus being my personal God. As my declaration of faith in the Scriptures as divine inspired Word of God. God wrote the 10 Commandments [Moral Law] with His own finger! This was the only thing He wrote with His own finger. Doesn't that tell you something on the importance of Gods Moral Law? And in the heart of His Law is the Sabbath commandment.

Imagine God had a HOLY MOUNTAIN, a mountain separate from all the other mountains, and then God asks you to meet with Christians on that particular mountain every week to worship God. Imagine then someone says to you, "Don't worry about meeting on that Holy Mountain that God set aside for us, we are free to disobey that and meet on any mountain, so every mountain in this valley is OK to meet on to worship God, and avoid the Holy Mountain that God set aside". Tell me Angelina, what would you do?

God bless.

No, unfortunately, I live in the relative boondocks of Northern Nevada. There's no Sabbath keeping fellowship in the immediate area that I'm aware of. I do, however, observe the weekly Sabbath on my own at home from sunset Friday evening till Sunset Saturday. Devoting this blessed time to Bible Study (e-Sword being my favorite computer study tool), prayer, scriptural meditation, reading Christian literature, conversing on Christian forums, listening to Christian contemplative music, rest, etc.

In the past, I've attended some Seventh Day Adventist meetings but was somewhat put-off by a few of their other unscriptural teachings (vegetarianism, abstinence of wine, founded by a woman. . . etc.) and a general feeling that 'this wasn't the place for me'.

I infrequently visit a neighborhood Christian Sunday gathering with some family members to recharge my praise and worship batteries. However, their rapture-bunny teachings and unwavering spiritual and military support for the modern Jewish State of Israel are, frankly, hard for me to endure.

Thanks for sharing James. God will bless you for not willfully breaking the Sabbath commandment and honouring God's Holy day.

God bless.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Doing that now...Worship on Sundays as well! ^_^
Amen Angelina
The gospel of Christ teaches us how to be Christ like. Christ walked and talked and did the will of God twenty four seven.

Matthew 12
8 For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

Galatians 4
9 But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage?
10 You observe days and months and seasons and years.
11 I am afraid for you, lest I have labored for you in vain.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Mark 2
[sup]18[/sup] Now John’s disciples and the Pharisees were fasting. Some people came and asked Jesus, “How is it that John’s disciples and the disciples of the Pharisees are fasting, but yours are not?

[sup]19[/sup] Jesus answered, “How can the guests of the bridegroom fast while he is with them? They cannot, so long as they have him with them. [sup]20[/sup] But the time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them, and on that day they will fast.
[sup]21[/sup] “No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment. If he does, the new piece will pull away from the old, making the tear worse. [sup]22[/sup] And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, he pours new wine into new wineskins.”
Lord of the Sabbath

23 One Sabbath Jesus was going through the grainfields, and as his disciples walked along, they began to pick some heads of grain. 24 The Pharisees said to him, “Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?”
[sup]25[/sup] He answered, “Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need? [sup]26[/sup] In the days of Abiathar the high priest, he entered the house of God and ate the consecrated bread, which is lawful only for priests to eat. And he also gave some to his companions.”
[sup]27[/sup] Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. [sup]28[/sup] So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

Luke 5
[sup]33[/sup] They said to him, “John’s disciples often fast and pray, and so do the disciples of the Pharisees, but yours go on eating and drinking.”
[sup]34[/sup] Jesus answered, “Can you make the guests of the bridegroom fast while he is with them? [sup]35[/sup] But the time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them; in those days they will fast.”
[sup]36[/sup] He told them this parable: “No one tears a patch from a new garment and sews it on an old one. If he does, he will have torn the new garment, and the patch from the new will not match the old. [sup]37[/sup] And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the new wine will burst the skins, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. [sup]38[/sup] No, new wine must be poured into new wineskins. [sup]39[/sup] And no one after drinking old wine wants the new, for he says, ‘The old is better.’”

That is why new wine must begin in new wine skins.

May the Lord grant you revelation of his truth in Jesus name! Blessings

Reactions: Angelina
Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I worship God every day, even on Sundays :)

However, the ideal God desires His people to experience in Sabbathkeeping is described by king David, a repentant sinner, "a man after God's own heart." This Sabbath song vindicates God against Satan's false accusations. It proclaims the Sabbath as; a day of exquisite delight; a day to adore our Creator; a day to bask in His redeeming love; a day to acknowledge His sanctifying power; a day to anticipate ultimate glory in His presence. I Sam. 13:14 Ps. 92

I keep the Sabbath every week in a Spiritual manner and rest and pray to God and worship Him and spend "quality" time with Him. I do these things every day of course, but WOW, the Sabbath is a special day.

The Sabbath symbolises for me salvation by faith and grace alone. In that day I "rest" from all "work". That's salvation by grace and "not" works Eph 2:8-9. The Sabbath is a symbol of justification by faith on the day we rest, and I keep it as a loving sign of loyalty and a sign of belonging to Jesus.

I love a weekly 24 hour "rest" from all "work" and earthly matters. A wonderful time to spend quality time with family and loved ones, and quality time with God. The Sabbath is a wonderful time to disconnect from earthly matters and re-charge the batteries physically, emotionally and Spiritually so that I am able to face another week.

The Sabbath for me, is simply a "sign" of love and loyalty between God and myself, and I keep the true Sabbath holy as a recognition of Jesus being my personal God. As my declaration of faith in the Scriptures as divine inspired Word of God. God wrote the 10 Commandments [Moral Law] with His own finger! This was the only thing He wrote with His own finger. Doesn't that tell you something on the importance of Gods Moral Law? And in the heart of His Law is the Sabbath commandment.

Imagine God had a HOLY MOUNTAIN, a mountain separate from all the other mountains, and then God asks you to meet with Christians on that particular mountain every week to worship God. Imagine then someone says to you, "Don't worry about meeting on that Holy Mountain that God set aside for us, we are free to disobey that and meet on any mountain, so every mountain in this valley is OK to meet on to worship God, and avoid the Holy Mountain that God set aside". Tell me Angelina, what would you do?

God bless.

That's one of the most inspiring posts I've read in long time! Way to go, TruthSeeker2012.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Amen Angelina
The gospel of Christ teaches us how to be Christ like. Christ walked and talked and did the will of God....

Luke 4:16 And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath, and stood up to read.

1 John 2:6 Those who claim to belong to him must live just as Jesus did.

God bless.

....23 One Sabbath Jesus was going through the grainfields, and as his disciples walked along, they began to pick some heads of grain. 24 The Pharisees said to him, “Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?...

Sister Angelina, Jesus only broke the Sabbath according to the Jews which had about an extra 39 Sabbath traditions and rules which were NOT Biblical! Jesus broke the Sabbath ONLY according to the Jews and their own customs which were not Biblical.

The Jews had extra NON Biblical rules for Sabbath. So according to the Jews, Jesus broke and worked on the Sabbath but only broke their own man made rules and regulations and NEVER did Jesus break the Biblical Sabbath.

Jesus never broke the Biblical Sabbath! In fact, Jesus kept the Moral Law [10 Commandments] perfectly, and was without sin and never, ever, sinned!

Those who claim that Jesus worked on and broke the Biblical Sabbath according to the Bible, the fourth Commandment of God, says that Jesus sinned and was not perfect! Dangerous teaching indeed!

Harvesting was one of Jewish customs that was against their traditions. Picking wheat and rubbing their hands together was harvesting and work according to the Jews, but Jesus and the disciples did it out of HUNGER and not for profit and work. They were NOT working on the Sabbath as the Jews deceptively claimed. The Pharisees, however, did not want to see beyond their law's technicalities. They had no room for compassion, and they were determined to accuse Jesus of wrongdoing in any way they could.

Paul, as his custom was, was keeping the proper Sabbath day holy, many decades after Jesus was crucified. The Bible nor God ever changed it, but Satan changed it and has convinced most people to disregard it as a sign of loyalty and rest.

God bless.

That's one of the most inspiring posts I've read in long time! Way to go, TruthSeeker2012.

Thank you James :)

And as I mentioned earlier, God will bless you for your allegiance and loyalty to Jesus. We show loyalty to who we follow by the day we keep Holy!

If people keep Friday holy, they show loyalty to Mohammad and the Quran!

If people keep Sunday holy they show loyalty to the Pope and the Catholic Catechism!

Yet if people keep Saturday Holy [the true Sabbath], them they show loyalty to Jesus and the Bible.

God bless.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Matthew 26
28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 29 But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom.”

Mark 14
24 And He said to them, “This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many. 25 Assuredly, I say to you, I will no longer drink of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

New wine must begin in new wine skins. New wine is the new covenant. Old wine is the law of Moses. Old wine skins will not accept the new wine because they like the old wine better.

Luke 5
[sup]37[/sup] And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the new wine will burst the skins, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. [sup]38[/sup] No, new wine must be poured into new wineskins. [sup]39[/sup] And no one after drinking old wine wants the new, for he says, ‘The old is better.’”

Shalom!!!

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Question for Angelina:

God bless.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Let's just say God said that...then all of a sudden God sent his only Son and told us that we could worship him in Spirit and in truth by faith because the Holy mountain was only a shadow of the real mountain, being Christ himself. Then just for the argument sake, those who continued to meet on the Holy mountain which was only a shadow...are they not being disobedient by are rejecting God who sent his son whom we were to worship.... in Spirit and truth by faith? :huh:

Shalom!!!

Reactions: Rach1370

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Angelina, you completely sidestepped my question and did not answer my question at all.

So I will ask you again, and please do not run and hide from the question:

Imagine God had a HOLY MOUNTAIN, a mountain separate from all the other mountains, and then God asks you to meet with Christians on that particular mountain every week to worship God. Imagine then someone says to you, "Don't worry about meeting on that Holy Mountain that God set aside for us, we are free to disobey that and meet on any mountain, so every mountain in this valley is OK to meet on to worship God, and avoid the Holy Mountain that God set aside".

What would you do? Please give a direct and honest answer and please don't sidestep by trying to change topic and by asking me questions instead. My question should not frighten you, so please just answer it.

Thank you.

God bless.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The above sounds a lot like the pro-circumcision argument Paul encountered, unfortunately. :(

Circumcision, though not expressly required for salvation in NT, is not sinful. In fact, many modern physicians recommend it as a healthy clinical practice regardless of its religious significance. Circumcision is not one of the Ten Commandments nor is it the topic of this thread but consider how many NT passages relate to it (31 verses). Now ask yourself how many more scripture passages would it logically require IF one of the Ten Commandments was supposedly superceded? Yet, there are very few passages in that regard and those scriptures are quite ambiguous in nature and quite easily refuted (as you'll see below).

Colossians 2:16
Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.
emphasis mine

Colossians 2:16 emphasis is simply on NOT JUDGING another believer's manner of worship practices (as the Pharisess were wont to do). This verse no more removes the obligation of the Sabbath for Christians than it does our obligations to refrain from clearly delineated NT food proscriptions against eating "things strangled" (certain NT biblical laws concerning how meat is to be properly prepared) Act_15:20 Act_21:25 or drinking in excess. Eph_5:18 1Ti_3:3 Also, ask yourself, if the first century church made special councils and decrees concerning circumcision (which is not one of the Ten Commandments), why no such councils were ever convened to debate the efficacy of the Sabbath for Christians?

Matthew 11:28-29
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

The whole purpose of the Sabbath IS TO REST! I hardly find this passage as a valid argument against Sabbath observance. The word "sabbath" denotes a intermission from work, to rest:

H7676
שׁבּת
shabbâth
shab-bawth'
Intensive from H7673; intermission, that is, (specifically) the Sabbath: - (+ every) sabbath.

Exo 34:21 Six days thou shalt work, but on the seventh day thou shalt rest: in earing time and in harvest thou shalt rest.

In regards to your comments about the 500 denominations - well I'm pretty sure I could have shown you a few thousand Pharisees who agreed on many things in the time of Jesus. In fact, Islam has near a billion followers for a more contemporary example. Numbers mean nothing, it's just further evolution of the "everyone's doing it" argument.

You are quite correct in that "Numbers mean nothing", however, it is worth nothing that all throughout recorded Christian history such Sabbath-keepers were present. And without sufficient scriptural reason to exclude one of the Cardinal Ten Commandments there's good reason for so many Christians to continue to "keep the Sabbath holy". (Exo. 20:8)

Apparently, however, you need to heed in your own advice in the arena of being well read and studied. For my HCSB Study Bible notes that Sabbath days in the Colossians 2:16-17 passage refers to Sabbaths and certainly doesn't make the distinction that this refers to festal Sabbaths or weekly Sabbaths. My ESV Study Bible makes a note that it's debated as to whether or not this means one or the other and is, at best, ambiguous on the subject. My NLT Sudy Bible follows the ESV and clearly refers to all Sabbaths. Additional sources such as Strong's lead to the same ambiguity at best, but most seem think the Gr. sabbaton believe this is translated, as it is elsewhere, as sabbath meaning just that - sabbath.

It is a dangerous precedent to base theological views (especially regarding one of God's Ten Commandments which He personally etched in stone) on the notes of Study Bibles, the opinions of commentaries or notes in the margins of Bibles. For instance, C.I. Scofield's study bible notes are directly responsible for a number of modern heresies and false teachings. And as you noted, at best they are an ambious source of reference. I can find just as many commentators that will validate my opinion of the Sabbath as you find that seem to refute it. So such personal comments are good for scholarly reference but hardly appropriate for determining crucial doctrinal decisions.

Unfortunately, it seems that only a judaizing group of people want to not heed the advice in the verse and prefer to follow the shadow of things that came over the Lord of the Sabbath himself.

Yes, we should rightly be on guard for over-zealous legalists, however, lawless anti-nomianists who would throw out all/many of God's moral statutes are IMO are just as dangerous, if not MORE of a danger and more prevalent in the modern churches. Christ's warning was to follow the narrow path and never did he fault His critics for obeying God's specific commands. "If someone asks you to walk a mile with him go for two." was Christ's command (Mat. 5:41) Jesus did however, condemn many religious traditions and ceremonial laws which were of Talmudic oral teachings, which were not specified in the Bible. True Sabbath-keepers will never tell you HOW you should to 'keep the Sabbath holy' but only that we all should honor God's commandments to the best of our ability, which include Sabbath observance. We are instructed to let the Holy Spirit be your guide in these matters.

Mat. 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

What was done away with the New Covenant, was the repetitive meat & drink offerings and sacrifices, washings and carnal commandments concerning the Sabbath, NOT the entire concept of Sabbath observance. Don't be too eager to 'throw the baby out with the bath water'.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Let's just say God said that...then all of a sudden God sent his only Son and told us that we could worship him in Spirit and in truth by faith because the Holy mountain was only a shadow of the real mountain, being Christ himself. Then just for the argument sake, those who continued to meet on the Holy mountain which was only a shadow...are they not being disobedient by are rejecting God who sent his son whom we were to worship.... in Spirit and truth by faith? :huh:

Shalom!!!
Angelina, you completely sidestepped my question and did not answer my question at all.

So I will ask you again, and please do not run and hide from the question:

Imagine God had a HOLY MOUNTAIN, a mountain separate from all the other mountains, and then God asks you to meet with Christians on that particular mountain every week to worship God. Imagine then someone says to you, "Don't worry about meeting on that Holy Mountain that God set aside for us, we are free to disobey that and meet on any mountain, so every mountain in this valley is OK to meet on to worship God, and avoid the Holy Mountain that God set aside".

What would you do? Please give a direct and honest answer and please don't sidestep by trying to change topic and by asking me questions instead. My question should not frighten you, so please just answer it.

Thank you.

God bless.

Why is it dear brother that you are able to ask a question and yet I am not. Please answer my question...unless it is too difficult to answer for you? :huh: please do not be frightened by the wisdom of God in my words, the Holy Spirit does not bite ^_^

Bless you!!!

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Why is it dear brother that you are able to ask a question and yet I am not. Please answer my question...unless it is too difficult to answer for you? :huh: please do not be frightened by the wisdom of God in my words, the Holy Spirit does not bite ^_^

Bless you!!!

Angelina, that's because I asked you a question FIRST, which you ran and hid from, and then you demand I answer your question.

How would you feel if you approached a person in Church and asked them a question, and then they REFUSED to answer your question, and then began demanding you answer their question first? It's a question of integrity and fairness...the person who asked the question FIRST deserve an answer FIRST.

I am sure you would not like it if you kept asking me questions and I kept refusing to answer your questions, and then kept asking you questions instead. If I did that, how you are doing to me, I probably would get a WARNING and eventually be banned from the website for refusing to answer questions that people are asking me. So Angelina, fair is fair, so please answer my question.

So now.. back to my question which seems to have frightened you for some reason... imagine God had a HOLY MOUNTAIN, a mountain separate from all the other mountains, and then God asks you to meet with Christians on that particular mountain every week to worship God. Imagine then someone says to you, "Don't worry about meeting on that Holy Mountain that God set aside for us, we are free to disobey that and meet on any mountain, so every mountain in this valley is OK to meet on to worship God, and avoid the Holy Mountain that God set aside".

What would you do Angelina?

God bless.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
My dear TS!
It seems that you need to control your environment by setting guidelines on how others should respond to your posts. You ask many questions...but your questions are always leading and you will not accept answers unless it fits into your set of ideals....Sorry dear brother, I do not play that game. ^_^

Lets dissect what you have asked:

Imagine God had a HOLY MOUNTAIN, a mountain separate from all the other mountains, and then God asks you to meet with Christians on that particular mountain every week to worship God.
sounds fine so far...

Imagine then someone says to you, "Don't worry about meeting on that Holy Mountain that God set aside for us,
Only God could change what he has already ordained which a change in covenant would necessitate.
Sorry, I am a Gentile believer...I cannot think like a Judaic Jew :huh:

we are free to disobey that and meet on any mountain, so every mountain in this valley is OK to meet on to worship God, and avoid the Holy Mountain that God set aside". Tell me Angelina, what would you do?

Now there you go...with your leading question. A subtle twist of words which states that you are being disobedient if you worship anywhere other than the said mountain you have suggested as Holy... :huh:

I use to have this kind of stuff given to me at a particular home group...it was annoying because it truly restricted everyone from having an opportunity to answer in our own words and removed the process of thinking for ourselves.

It is a controlled question that only has one answer, which is leading...these questions however, were never constructive toward our spiritual growth in Jesus.

Shalom!!! ^_^

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
My dear TS!
It seems that you need to control your environment by setting guidelines on how others should respond to your posts. You ask many questions...but your questions are always leading and you will not accept answers unless it fits into your set of ideals....Sorry dear brother, I do not play that game. ^_^...

Oh dear Angelina, is that the sidestepping strategy you are using, just so you can avoid my questions.

And your comment is invalid, because I never get any answers at all from you, so why debate when you won't answer certain questions that you don't like? May I remind you Angelina this is a DEBATE thread.

God bless.