Saved By Grace Through FAITH ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Becoming a Disciple by baptism!

Matt 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
You want to become a child
By a work of man feel free

I will do what Jesus said and become a child by becoming poor in spirit by doing as the tax collector. By placing my faith in him by eating the food if eternal
Life

your interpretation. Of almost all of those passages is in error. If you see no water in the word baptize do not assume it means water. In the original Greek baptize was an action verb. And it did
Not always mean water
In fact Most If the time It did Not

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sticking to the question

only Gods children become
Members of Christ. If your not Gods child your not a member of Christ

not everyone who says to Me lord lord.
Many people think they are members when they are not. There will be a lot of weeping and bashing of teeth on judgment day

good
So as members of Christ we are in the new covenant church. Agree?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I will do what Jesus said and become a child by becoming poor in spirit by doing as the tax collector. By placing my faith in him by eating the food if eternal
Life

your interpretation. Of almost all of those passages is in error. If you see no water in the word baptize do not assume it means water. In the original Greek baptize was an action verb. And it did
Not always mean water

so John the Baptist who prepared the way never baptized?

and not in water?

Jn 1:25 And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?

26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Life

Not always mean water

and it is baptism that is in prophecy not “faith alone” ez 36:25-27

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so John the Baptist who prepared the way never baptized?

and not in water?

Jn 1:25 And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?

26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;
Yep and what did He say?

HE WILL BAPTIZE WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT AND FIRE.

No one was ever saved or made a child of God because of water baptism.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and it is baptism that is in prophecy not “faith alone” ez 36:25-27
I was not talking about prophecy.

I was talking about what John said.

John 1:
10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

No baptism involved, (well no water baptism anyway

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep and what did He say?

HE WILL BAPTIZE WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT AND FIRE.

No one was ever saved or made a child of God because of water baptism.

Yes and that is Christian baptism
In the name of the father, the son, and yes the Holy Spirit

with a new heart filled with the fire of divine love
Ez 36:25-27
The fire
The water
The spirit

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was not talking about prophecy.

I was talking about what John said.

John 1:
10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

No baptism involved, (well no water baptism anyway

All baptism

(Born of God) faith and baptism

Jn 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Jn 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes and that is Christian baptism
In the name of the father, the son, and yes the Holy Spirit

with a new heart filled with the fire of divine love
Ez 36:25-27
The fire
The water
The spirit

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Those are HS Baptism my friend. Spiritual baptism. He will baptize.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All baptism

(Born of God) faith and baptism

Jn 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Jn 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
Water there is the HS. Spiritual water flowing to eternal life

not water some prehistoric dunks you in. Which gets you wet

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where does it say baptized in the HS alone?

matt 28:19 is the standard form
Father
Son
And
Holy Spirit
I gave you the verse

I baptize in water he will baptize with the Holy Spirit

water baptism Is Not the same as spirit baptism

we are back at square 1 again

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave you the verse

I baptize in water he will baptize with the Holy Spirit

water baptism Is Not the same as spirit baptism

we are back at square 1 again

there is only one Christian baptism
Matt 28:19 eph 4:5

not some phony thing about the HS from the Assembly of God or Azusa or any other Pentecostal nonsense

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:5. Show me the word baptize

Titus 3:5. Washing and renewal of the Holy Spirit. There is no water in that verse it is god doing the washing and new birth

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism rom 6:3-4)