Saved By Grace Through FAITH ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was baptized three times BEFORE I was saved; but then I was baptized for the right reasons for the 4th time, but really the first.

you can only be baptized once
Eph 4:5
Baptism gives an indelible mark on your soul that you are a member of Christ

you’re not saved
Redeemed
Justified
Working on sanctification
But salvation does not happen till the end of life matt 24:13

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So. You earned or merited your salvation by those works. What happened to grace (unmerited favor)?

not salvation
But justification

redemption
Justification
Sanctification
Then in the end being faithful to grace and abide in Christ salvation
You know not the hour your master will return to be prepared
Jn 15:1 abide in Christ
Matt 24:13 endure (requires patience) to the end

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not salvation
But justification

redemption
Justification
Sanctification
Then in the end being faithful to grace and abide in Christ salvation
You know not the hour your master will return to be prepared
Jn 15:1 abide in Christ
Matt 24:13 endure (requires patience) to the end

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
So your going to merit your way to heaven

Even though we are continually told we are gifted salvation, eternal life and entrance to heaven by unmerited favor (grace)

Paul says I have been saved (justified) and I am being saved (sanctified, and I will be saved (glorified)

One thing that would help you is for you to understand the differences.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nothing

he who believes and is baptized shall be saved
Faith and sacraments
Acts 2:38-39 promise of the father
A sacred oath or sacrament ez 36:25-27
Acts 8:36-38 faith and baptism

You have to read past verse 16. It doesn't end there.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE

and explain grace
Why more more more grace?
I thought you were saved past tense over and done
Why always more grace
Jn 1:16
Jn 10:10
All the greetings in scripture include grace be unto you
Why???????

Grace is the divine power of God given to us to become more and more like Christ.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So your going to merit your way to heaven

Even though we are continually told we are gifted salvation, eternal life and entrance to heaven by unmerited favor (grace)

Paul says I have been saved (justified) and I am being saved (sanctified, and I will be saved (glorified)

One thing that would help you is for you to understand the differences.

you are the one peter speaks of twisting things

we become members of Christ? Is that right?

how ever faith alone or faith and baptism
How ever it happens we are members of christ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to read past verse 16. It doesn't end there.

do you see what a sacrament is?
It is a sacred promise from God.
An oath.
An outward sign by which God grants grace to our souls, we enter his new covenant, are members of Christ and his church in union with God and communion with each other all by the merits of Christ’s passion blood and death

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are the one peter speaks of twisting things

we become members of Christ? Is that right?

how ever faith alone or faith and baptism
How ever it happens we are members of christ
Paul said anyone who teaches a different gospel is to be anathemad.

There is only one gospel (way) to heaven.

Its not your way or my way its Gods way. We do not get to pick and chose which way we want, if we get the way wrong. We will be lost. The only people who are members of Christ are those who have come the straight and narrow way. Through Christ (the cross) and were given the right to become children of God.

John makes it clear. The ones given the right or power to become children of God are those who receive him in faith

Not through a bunch of rules and regulation (sacraments) which make salvation merited, and not a gift of Grace

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said anyone who teaches a different gospel is to be anathemad.

There is only one gospel (way) to heaven.

Its not your way or my way its Gods way. We do not get to pick and chose which way we want, if we get the way wrong. We will be lost. The only people who are members of Christ are those who have come the straight and narrow way. Through Christ (the cross) and were given the right to become children of God.

John makes it clear. The ones given the right or power to become children of God are those who receive him in faith

Not through a bunch of rules and regulation (sacraments) which make salvation merited, and not a gift of Grace

stick to the question

do we become members of Christ?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rituals can't save you. Relationship can.

you have no relationship without rituals baptism and sacraments

they put on Christ
Make us members of Christ and his church
Give us the grace of God and life
Make us a new creation in Christ

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

(Born of God) faith and baptism

Jn 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Jn 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism rom 6:3-4)

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark none were saved, outside the church none are saved)

—————

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Becoming a Disciple by baptism!

Matt 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
stick to the question

do we become members of Christ?
I am sticking to the question

only Gods children become
Members of Christ. If your not Gods child your not a member of Christ

not everyone who says to Me lord lord.
Many people think they are members when they are not. There will be a lot of weeping and bashing of teeth on judgment day