Saved By Grace Through FAITH ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you don't have Christian works you're not a Christian!

NO person can say to another person “You are not a Christian...” ONLY Father God knows and sees the depth and cry of the heart in man..

you who judge so quickly may get a big surprise when finally getting to glory .

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you put on Christ?

Yes, have you?

Knowing the TRUTH - that we are dead to sin, and then reckoning in our mind that we are dead to sin lets us know that we don't have to sin. Romans 6. There is always a way of escape from temptation. James. We have been made free from the lusts of the world 2 Peter 1:2-4.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church is the body of Christ that is made up of all born again Christians (Colossians 1:18,24) and is not simply a physical building with a name stamped on it. Also, don’t confuse the picture (water baptism) with the reality (Spirit baptism).Attacking a false religion that perverts the gospel is not attacking Christ.

Mk 16:16

there are 2 groups here
Those being saved:
Those not saved:
The requirements are different for each group
And they have nothing in common

and Jesus does he who is not baptized is condemned, cos he requires baptism
He who believes AND is baptized shall be saved same as acts 8:36-38

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the body of Christ is spiritual?
that makes logical sense to you?
A body is physical
It amazes me it does not make sense to you, it is spiritual in the sense that it is not of this word. It is of Christ who is the head, and it was built on the foundation of apostles and prophets, It will be composed of all people who are every made children of God.
Only the one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors and those members of Christ by faith and baptism United with them, the communion of the saints
Jn 16:10 matt 16:18 18:18 Jn 20:21-23
Jn 10:16

Ephesians 5:32
This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ an

Matt 5:14
Ye (the apostles/ the church) are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
(There is only one church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors!) matt 16:18 Jn 10:16 eph 2:20

Lets stick to the word why don't we..

Lets see what the word says. Not what men say? is that ok with you? Or are you to afraid?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sanctification: the life of grace in the holy sacrifice of the mass and sacraments, prayer, virture, and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love! Phil 1:29 called to suffer with Christ.
All done in Christ thru His grace! Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Wrong. We are sanctified by the Holy spirit and the once for all sacrifice of Calvary. Our sanctification is made manifest by the deeds we do.

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
Heb 4:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Rom 13:11 ...for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Wrong!

We are in a state of "grace" as you Catholics like to call it the moment we trust in the death and resurrection of Jesus for our sins. Hebrews quoting is dangerous for salvation.

And romans is speaking of our deliverance from these bodies of sin and death, not our salvation from sin and death.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO person can say to another person “You are not a Christian...” ONLY Father God knows and sees the depth and cry of the heart in man..

you who judge so quickly may get a big surprise when finally getting to glory .
Maybe they should say not a faithful Christian

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, have you?

Knowing the TRUTH - that we are dead to sin, and then reckoning in our mind that we are dead to sin lets us know that we don't have to sin. Romans 6. There is always a way of escape from temptation. James. We have been made free from the lusts of the world 2 Peter 1:2-4.

Yes
how did you put on Christ?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the fall of Adam
Galatians 3:13
Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”),

1 Peter 1:18
knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot

Why were the OT sacrifices given For origional sin?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

it has both aspects that of course
And is not a bible study but a covenant with ritual outward signs of grace

Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

And requires obedience to hierarchical authority

Ephesians 5:24
Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ...
Jn 15:5 union with Christ

Christ and His church are one, what Christ did the church continues to do, the church is an extension of Christ!
To attack the church is to attack Christ!
Acts 9:4

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if the blood of Christ redeemed us from Sin. How can we who have been redeemed be lost?

Christ redeemed all mankind
We have to accept that thru faith
And be baptized
To be justified
Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes
how did you put on Christ?

He did it when He baptized me with His Spirit and came inside me. He did it all. I just acknowledged that I couldn't stop sinning no matter how hard I tried, and acknowledged that He was stronger than I was, so would He do it for me. And that got the ball rolling and a chain reaction started happening and I finally repented and was filled to overflowing within two weeks.

How did you?

Reactions: amadeus

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ redeemed all mankind
We have to accept that thru faith
And be baptized
To be justified
Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

No. He offers redemption to all mankind

He only gives it to those who believe.

Those who do not believe are condemned already. Because they are still in sin.

Again. What was the animal sacrifice for in the law. Jesus was called the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.. so what sin did Jesus as the lamb remove. which redeemed us from the curse of the law?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He did it when He baptized me with His Spirit and came inside me. He did it all. I just acknowledged that I couldn't stop sinning no matter how hard I tried, and acknowledged that He was stronger than I was, so would He do it for me. And that got the ball rolling and a chain reaction started happening and I finally repented and was filled to overflowing within two weeks.

How did you?

christian baptism

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. He offers redemption to all mankind

He only gives it to those who believe.

Those who do not believe are condemned already. Because they are still in sin.

Again. What was the animal sacrifice for in the law. Jesus was called the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.. so what sin did Jesus as the lamb remove. which redeemed us from the curse of the law?
It was temporary till the sacrifice of Christ

but those who are not baptized are also condemned

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was temporary till the sacrifice of Christ

but those who are not baptized are also condemned
Thats not What Jesus said

John 3: 18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Nothing about being baptized or not. Everyone who believes is baptized by God Mark 16: 16 is spirit baptism performed by God not water baptism performed by man

and again When John called Jesus the lamb of God what sins did jesus take. to fuflill the law?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
neither
Salvation does start until death matt 24:13
That is where you are dead wrong. We are living in the "already and not yet" state of salvation. It is state between the physical and spiritual realms. There is a tension between the two where things in God's realm are already done but in ours, not yet. We live in our physical realm. Christ died in our physical realm some 1989 years ago. He paid for our sins on that CROSS. In Heaven He redeemed us, before we have fully realized it, before we were born. Heaven is outside of our time domain. Our salvation is complete there. It is a done deal. We haven't fully consummated our salvation yet. We have not been resurrected into new bodies, nor entered into heaven. In a sense, the moment we believe in Christ, we are spiritually transported back in time and our sins are nailed to that cross. And we are also spiritually resurrected with Christ and become born again. If we believe that Jesus died for our sins and rose in the third day, we are saved now. Redemption is Christ's work. HE paid our debt. The Holy Spirit comes along sometime in our lives and creates and gives us the gift of Faith. We are justified by faith. We are made righteous by His blood. It is not our righteousness that we achieve, it is His righteousness that we are given.
Salvation is spiritual, God ordained it to be. We died to our old self already. But we still carry around the flesh where sin dwells. Wait a minute, Christ washed those away.
He died for past, present and future sins. This may be hard for you to get your mind around. His sacrifice was sufficient. We dont have to burn sins off somewhere else - it's finished.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful