Saved by obeying the commandments?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you only believed the living Word of God you wouldn't add falsehoods like the words "present and future"

Jesus is the Author of taking away our sin nature, not excusing it for future
Colossians 2:13-14.

“And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath He quickened together with Him, having forgiven you ALL TRESPASSES; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to His cross;” Colossians 2:13-14

You need to understand what it means to be in the righteousness of Christ....

Plus you say you have spiritual gifts, which are?

I’m Alive in Christ...my spirit is Alive in Christ....spiritual birth...supernatural birth...it’s not my head that was birthed, it was my spirit....Spirit gives birth to spirit...without that, you are dead and in sin..alienated from God.

I also asked to show scripture that he hasn’t forgiven my past, present and future sins?

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No, the gospel of Christ is all the passagesi

Read carefully..

Paul teaching..
-
"""For I would have you know, BRETHREN, that the .....GOSPEL ....which was preached by me is not according to man.

For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a Revelation from Jesus Christ """

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Read carefully..

Paul teaching..

-

For I would have you know, brethren, that the .....GOSPEL ....which was preached by me is not according to man.

12For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.
It’s spiritual the word of God...you can only understand it through becoming Born Again...otherwise it wouldn’t make an ounce of sense.

We, the Born Again...feed on the LIVING word of God, why, because we are Alive in Christ....

Reactions: Behold

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Right. I literally made that point.

So then, you dont have any sin........(If you are born again, and not just water baptized and religious).

Otherwise, GOD would charge it to you.

Why is there no sin charged to the born again?

Because God has Judged Jesus on the Cross for it all., 2000 yrs ago.

Imagine someone who says "im a christian" who is confessing sin, that isn't charged to them.

Do you know anyone who is in that warped misunderstanding of "Christianity"???.... friend of?

I know people who are in that wrong understanding of SALVATION for 39-60 yrs..

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know people who are in that wrong understanding of SALVATION for 39-60 yrs.
Well which is it? Is it 39 years or is it 60 years? Shouldn't you of all people know which is which?

Do you agree with the following statement:

A man who sins is a sinner.

Simple yes or no would suffice.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:13-14.

“And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath He quickened together with Him, having forgiven you ALL TRESPASSES; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to His cross;” Colossians 2:13-14

You need to understand what it means to be in the righteousness of Christ....

Plus you say you have spiritual gifts, which are?

I’m Alive in Christ...my spirit is Alive in Christ....spiritual birth...supernatural birth...it’s not my head that was birthed, it was my spirit....Spirit gives birth to spirit...without that, you are dead and in sin..alienated from God.

I also asked to show scripture that he hasn’t forgiven my past, present and future sins?

When He cleanses us from all unrighteousness He cleanses sin out of our NATURE, the SOURCE of our sinning. If you truly understood that and how powerful the Spirit of Christ is to free us from sin, you wouldn't justify sinning now or in the future! Being in the righteousness of Christ is walking in the Spirit continuously from now and forever. We are born again and CANNOT SIN in the present or the future. What is so hard to understand? Your phrase is from a doctrine of demons. Reject it and be free from sin.

8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

Spiritual gifts? I had all but 3. But 2 months ago I asked for another and immediately received it, so now the only ones I don't have are diverse kinds of tongues for the profit of all to give messages FROM God, and Interpretation of said tongues. I do have the individual sign of speaking in tongues for private use. It is not for the profit of all in a congregation, and doesn't require interpretation.

So read Joel 2, Mark 16:16-18, 1 Corinthians 12, and in Ephesians 4 Jesus spoke to me and told me He is giving me the Office of Teacher. Though I have the gift of prophecy, I do not have the Office of Prophet.

Do you have any gifts yet?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
When He cleanses us from all unrighteousness He cleanses sin out of our NATURE,

God does not cleans sin out of our nature.

God gives us a Divine Nature, that is the "New Creation in Christ".

"i'll put a new heart within you"..

Its that.

We are Colossians 2:11............separated from the "old dead man of sin"

The "nature" you are describing, is "the old man of sin that is crucified with Christ"

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When He cleanses us from all unrighteousness He cleanses sin out of our NATURE, the SOURCE of our sinning. If you truly understood that and how powerful the Spirit of Christ is to free us from sin, you wouldn't justify sinning now or in the future! Being in the righteousness of Christ is walking in the Spirit continuously from now and forever. We are born again and CANNOT SIN in the present or the future. What is so hard to understand? Your phrase is from a doctrine of demons. Reject it and be free from sin.

8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

Spiritual gifts? I had all but 3. But 2 months ago I asked for another and immediately received it, so now the only ones I don't have are diverse kinds of tongues for the profit of all to give messages FROM God, and Interpretation of said tongues. I do have the individual sign of speaking in tongues for private use. It is not for the profit of all in a congregation, and doesn't require interpretation.

So read Joel 2, Mark 16:16-18, 1 Corinthians 12, and in Ephesians 4 Jesus spoke to me and told me He is giving me the Office of Teacher. Though I have the gift of prophecy, I do not have the Office of Prophet.

what is the office of Prophet?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

It’s this...you need to listen to Behold....
Behold says..100%agree.

Its that.

The "nature" you are describing, is "the old man of sin that is crucified with Christ"

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Its that.

The sin he take away is nailed to the cross. We are NOT battling two natures!

BTW, on works.

Do not take the doctrine to Jewish converts that “we are not saved by works” of the Old Covenant and twisting the true doctrine to include New Covenant works of righteousness taught by Jesus for us to observe. You are confused between the two covenants and do not read carefully enough to understand Titus 3:1-7 in context but twist it to a predetermined interpretation. Paul meant the physical works of the Old Covenant LAW! Circumcision, days, weeks months and years, avoiding meats that used to be deemed unclean, sacrifices, etc.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s this...you need to listen to Behold....
Behold says..100%agree.

Its that.

Why do you believe Jesus leaves sin in our nature when He takes away our sin? Yes, we partake of a divine nature, but can't if Satan's influence on us from sin in our nature is still present in us. Light and darkness does not dwell together. When sin left my nature I felt it lift out of me.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why do you believe Jesus leaves sin in our nature when He takes away our sin? Yes, we partake of a divine nature, but can't if Satan's influence on us from sin in our nature is still present in us. Light and darkness doesn't not dwell together.
God gives us a divine nature when we have been birthed in the Spirit..there is NO SIN in the Holy Spirit who indwells our spirit...your post doesn’t make sense to me @1stCenturyLady ...

A Born Again does NOT SIN....impossible..they are in Christ and there is NO SIN in Christ.

Ezekiel 36:26

New International Version

26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God gives us a divine nature when we have been birthed in the Spirit..there is NO SIN in the Holy Spirit who indwells our spirit...your post doesn’t make sense to me @1stCenturyLady ...

A Born Again does NOT SIN....impossible..they are in Christ and there is NO SIN in Christ.

Ezekiel 36:26​

New International Version​

26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
That is correct. So why do you think you are going to sin in the present and in the future? YOU CAN'T!!!

And why do you think you still have a sin nature?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That is correct. So why do you think you are going to sin in the present and in the future? YOU CAN'T!!!

And why do you think you still have a sin nature?
Romans 81 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, [1]2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.3 For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, [2] God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. [3] And so he condemned sin in sinful man, [4]4 in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.5 Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.6 The mind of sinful man [5] is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace;7 the sinful mind [6] is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so.8 Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.10 But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness.11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Its that.

Does the Divine Nature have immature fruit of the Spirit? Are we both sinless AND perfect day one?

No, we are sinless, but our newly cleansed human nature that PARTAKES of the divine nature of God still needs to mature in the fruit of the Spirit. The cutting away of the sin out of our nature is called the circumcision without hands. He doesn't cut away the whole nature, only the sinful part.

that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Behold, stop teaching half truths.

cc: @Ritajanice

Last edited: